Loving You From a Distance |...

By talentedxasher

You loved Asher Angel as your best friend ever since you were little, but when he left to pursue his career... More

A/N
One: Missed You
Two: Hurt
Three: Better Now
Four: Only You
Five: Happy
Six: Confused Pt. 1
Seven: Confused Pt. 2
Eight: Promise?
Nine: #1 Fan
Ten: Envy
Eleven: "Action!"
Twelve: Chemistry
Fourteen: Last Goodbyes
Fifteen: Him
Sixteen: Her

Thirteen: New Job

213 11 9
By talentedxasher

You and Annie had become a lot closer within the past week, it was nice. And things with Asher were going great, but he would be leaving to finish up filming for the Disney show he was in the next day, and it made you sad. But you were happy for him, of course.

Another exciting thing for you was that you gained a huge following ever since the music video. It was cool, and you were thinking about even getting more involved in social media. Maybe try to sing? Maybe start making YouTube videos? You didn't know, but you didn't want to just be known as "Asher's best friend" to everyone.

Speaking of Asher, you didn't know whether or not to text him first that morning.

Ever since the shooting of the music video, Asher would face time you every night. Then you'd both go to sleep while on call. The night before, you both started talking about your feelings for each other.

"You know, I still really like you y/n. Not in just a friend way, I'm pretty sure you know that. But I was wondering if maybe you had something different to tell me?" He said.

You were kind of surprised, but responded.

"Yeah, I think I do.. I'm sorry for last time, that's not how it should've went. I really like you too Ash, I really do. But, I don't know if I can risk that over a friendship I've had for what seems like forever."

"I know, I get that. And you don't need to be sorry. But it takes that risk to have that chance for something different between us, angel." He sighed.

"How are you able to take that risk? What if something ruins it for us, what if I ruin it for us?" You asked.

He sat still for a second. "I promise you, you won't. Nothing will ruin us unless you let it."

You sat silently for a few seconds, because he was right. Not unless you let it.

"Asher you need to go to bed, or you're not gonna be very happy in the morning." Coco came in and waved to the camera.

"I don't have to get up in the morning though." He said, Coco shook her head.

"Yeah you do, you have an appointment remember?" She said, reminding him.

"Oh yeah!" He whisper-shouted. Well, I gotta go now."

"Oh, okay. Goodnight." You said with a feeling of relief. One way out of that conversation.
Asher smiled.

"Yeah, goodnight." He responded, then ended the call.

You decided you wanted to be the first to text him anyways.
-
you: good morning :))
-
After texting him you started getting ready for the day. You brushed your teeth and hair, then put on some different clothes. Afterwards you look at your phone to see that he texted you back already.
-
ash💙: good morning angel
ash💙: after my appointment wanna come over while i pack for tmrw?
-
You were happy he texted you back right away, but he only reminded you that he was leaving the next day.
-
you: yeah i can help if u want :)
ash💙: okayy gtg i'll text u when we're done
ash💙: i love u
you: love u too 🥺 bye
-
As you waited for time to go by, your mom enters your room. She greets you with a soft smile, but her eyes showed a different emotion.

"Good morning, what do you plan on doing today?"

"I was just gonna go see Asher, can I?" You respond worriedly.

She nods. "Of course, but there's something I need to tell you- well, something your father hasn't talked to you about."

You started to think, but nothing came up. What did he have to tell you?

"Well, what is it?" You ask.

"So um, well, your father got accepted into his new job a couple days ago. But, he won't be transferring to it till next month."

You shrug. "Well, that's great for him. But why can't he just tell me?" Then remember what he said about his new job the last time he talked about it.

You'd be moving if he got the new job.

"Y/n, we're moving next month."

"Oh, right... dad told me before he left last time. I remember." You sigh heavily, it was really happening. You were moving.

You were scared. Moving away meant less time with Asher. What would happen with you and him? Moving could effect everything between you too.

"I know, it sucks but we're looking at some nice houses."

"Yeah well, that's great." You smile. "I just, don't see why he needs a different job. We're fine here aren't we?"

Your mom shakes her head. "It's just a better environment for him at his new workplace than the one here. And they pay him more for doing the same thing he does here." She sighs. "Well, we both knew you wouldn't want to move but, this is what's best-"

Your phone starts ringing, you checked it to see Asher calling you.

"Okay, see you later hun." She whispers as you answer the call and leaves.

"Hello?" You say.

"Hellooo." Asher says. "We just got done, my mom was wondering if you just wanted to be picked up?"

"Oh sure, tell her I said thank you."

Asher laughs. His laughs sounded cuter over the phone for some reason.

"Okayy. Mom! Y/n said thank you!" He yells.

"Of course!!" You heard her respond. It made you happy, but also sad. They probably didn't know you were moving, they were just living as if it were any normal day.

Before you left, you went to your mom. "Do they know about us moving?"

"Coco and Jody? Yes, I don't know if they decided to tell their kids though." She says.

"Can I tell Asher?" You ask, she nods.

"I assumed you would've either way." She chuckles a little.

"You're probably right. Okay, gotta go. Love you." You gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek, then you were out the door.

"Hi y/n!" Coco says happily in the front of the car.

You smile. "Hi coco, hi ash."

Asher smiles back. "Hiii. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, what about you?" You said, sitting in the back seat by Asher.

"I'm great." He smiles again. He seemed pretty happy, which was only going to make it harder to tell him.

Once you got to his house, you both went to his room. The first thing you noticed was his suitcase on the ground.

"So after I'm done with this we can go do something fun." He says, picking out clothes in his closet.

"Okay, do you need help?"

"No I'm good, but thanks for asking." He responds sweetly. He walks over to his suitcase and starts packing his stuff. You sit next to him and put your head on his shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you." You say, hugging him.

He hugs back and sighs. "I'll miss you too princess. But I'll be back."

"When's the soonest you'll be back?" You ask, he shrugs.

"I don't know, I might be able to come home for a weekend maybe."

"Oh okay, we'll see." You shrug, he nods in agreement.

You didn't know how you wanted to tell him that you probably wouldn't be living in the same house the next time you saw him.

When he got done you both decided to go sit in the treehouse.

You look at your old pictures with him that you both put up on the walls of the treehouse, replaying the moments in your head. Good times.

"So I was thinking, maybe we could redecorate this again. Maybe sometime when I come back, what do you think?" Asher says, sitting down. "But not gonna lie I'm almost too tall for this now." He chuckles. You walk over next to Asher and sit next to him.

You laugh. "You keep getting taller every time you go, I'm pretty sure I stopped growing."

He shrugs. "Well I guess that's a good thing right?" You nod and laugh again.

"When do you think we could decorate? Like could you on one of the weekends?" You ask.

"I mean we could try, but I'm talking about like a whole revamping. So maybe I can fit, ya know?" He chuckles again. "But I think we should do it once I'm done filming."

You probably wouldn't be able to because of you moving, so you had to prepare yourself to actually tell him.

"How long is filming going to take? Till you're fully done?" You knew it would be longer than a month, but you ask, hoping for a good answer.

"Y/n, we probably won't be done for a couple months, there's a new season after these last few episodes." He sighs. "So do you want to or not?"

"I'm gonna miss you ash. A lot." You hug him, listening to his heart beat. He holds you, then lifts your chin with his finger to face him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He sighs. "But we can call every night when I'm not busy."

"Yeah, but I won't be here in a couple months, Asher. I can't help decorate."

"Oh, okay. Well, when will you be home? Where are you going?" He asks, it was either Asher was completely oblivious to the situation or you couldn't find yourself actually telling him.

"I'm moving next month." You felt you're heat sink a little when you saw Asher's smile drop.

"You're lying."

You shake you're head and look down.

"Where?" He mumbles.

"My dad got a job in LA." You sigh. "He starts next month."

Asher brings you closer to him, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

"Why so soon? How long have you known?"

"I was just told today. But your parents already know too, I guess my mom told them."

"I can come visit you right? I can come over?" He asks.

"Of course you can. Probably not right away, but once we're settled in." You run your fingers through his hair.

"I just can't believe you're actually moving." He lifts up his head and makes a pouty face. "I wish you could stay. I want you to stay." He whines.

"I didn't think we would actually move. I thought we finally found a place we could stay. I love it here, it's better than any of the other places we've lived. I think so at least."

Asher's mood seemed to drop after you told him, which made yours too. You both headed back inside his house to hang out with Avi and London for awhile. Once you told them too, they also got a little sad.

It wasn't the best last day with Asher after the news you brought to him and his siblings.

You went home that night, wishing things were different. Wishing that you didn't have to leave the place that truly felt like home.
-
-
-
word count : 1842
-
-
a/n: vote and comment if u liked! thank u :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1.2K 35
"he looked very familiar. he went here last year. thats right, oh-what-was-his-name-again?" social & perspective based achievements started, january...
13.7K 547 38
Annie LeBlanc is an emotionally damaged teenager, struggling with the death of her older brother. Hayden Summerall is the school's star player, deter...
87.3K 1.1K 32
hannie fanfic!!
37.3K 721 28
*In Which A Girl Gets Left By The Boy She Loves* Annie has been in a group home since she was five. Nobody ever speaks to her and she has no friends...