Hope and Love, Hope in Love (...

By summerblairzzz

I am Blair and I have paraplegia. I've had it since I was 20 because of a car accident. My mother and father... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

50 2 0
By summerblairzzz

As you can see, my first year of being paralyzed had been awful. I was scared that it would continue for years. But, I was thankful enough to have someone like Austin to look after me.

After the incident with Rex, nothing bad happened to me anymore. I had lived peacefully with Austin and sometimes with my secretary.

Let's skip to the part just a year ago. Last year, on my twenty-eighth birthday.

--

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday..."

I giggled as I saw Austin in a dinosaur mascot and my secretary in a giraffe one.

"Happy Birthday to you!"

I blew the cake they were holding.

"Did you wish?" My secretary asked.

"No. I'm contented." I answered blissfully.

It had been seven years since the last time I felt unpleasant. For the past years, these two took good care of me. They never left me, so I didn't have anything to wish for.

I was aware that Austin gave up his residency in the hospital to be my full-time private nurse. So, he has to go back to his first-year residency again if he comes back.

When we were done eating, my secretary left first to attend a meeting at our company.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Austin asked behind me while cleaning the table we used.

"Hmm... I can't think of any places. You decide."

I heard him cackled with laughter. "I can't think of any places, too." He said.

I looked at him. "That's why no one wanted to date you!"

"Hey! I'm just picky."

"Picky?" I dissolved into laughter.

He stopped scramming things in a drawer, then walked towards me.

He held my chin as he spoke. "Let's just get married. I'll take care of you as always."

This time I really cracked up!

He let go of my chin then went back doing stuff behind me.

"You're still doing it. Don't joke around, okay? Even my secretary thought we'll get married because you kept on doing that."

He had been saying things about marriage when I became twenty-five years old. As if I didn't know that he was just teasing me for not having a boyfriend for seven years!

"Who says I'm kidding? I kept on asking you to marry me, and I can't see anything wrong with that."

He sounded in earnest.

"Next time, I'll buy a ring, then ask you again."

I chuckled.

"Let's watch a movie!" I excitedly suggested to him as soon as he finished cleaning.

He laughed in disbelief.

"What?" I asked with my chin up.

He walked into the living room to set up. "Give me an increased pay!" I heard him shout.

I giggled as I steered my wheelchair into the living room.

I said I would watch just one. But I ended up watching more.

I turned my gaze at Austin who was still sleeping. I didn't bother him since I know he was tired.

I really am high-maintenance. I thought to myself.

It was already afternoon when I got tired of watching. The snacks Austin gave me were all wiped out.

He woke up at noon to cook for lunch, then slept again when we finished eating.

He was still sleeping...

I went to the kitchen without turning off the TV.

As I drank water, I heard his phone rang.

I went back to the living room but the sound wasn't coming from here. I tried to follow its sound then it led me to Austin's room.

I saw the phone vibrating and ringing at the same time on his bed. As I was about to answer it, it stopped ringing.

I sighed to disappointment. "What if it was important?" Gosh.

I looked around his room to realize it was all messy. His bed was full of papers. I took a glance at the folder near me.

"Mr. Biermann's" I read the label.

As I opened it I saw pictures of trucks and tanks on the first page.

Oh, it looks like a factory. I said in my mind.

I turned to the next page. This time, there was a picture of a truck with 'Mr. Biermann's' logo on its side.

The pictures were all black and white.

The next page had writings on it. It was like a motto?

"Our surname is Biermann for a reason!

Stay chill as Mr. Biermann's serves you the new and the best beer---"

I stopped reading as I realized what factory it was.

I laughed out loud.

That was witty! Their family must be so smart.

Mr. Biermann's beer. I laughed just the thought about it.

I continued skimming on the papers.

I saw a cut part of the tabloid stuck on it.

"This New Year 2012, An upcoming beer factory's owner died while delivering their first supplies to stores."

"The accident killed two other people..."

"The collision between the factory's truck and the car was the biggest accident we had within a decade."

"Who is to blame? Who really are---"

"Blair?"

I gasped as I put down the folder on Austin's bed.

I swallowed so hard before turning to him.

"Oh... you're... awake." I said awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uh... your phone rang, it led me here."

He checked his phone on the bed, then nodded.

I looked at him, waiting if he would tell me who called him.

He pulled a smile. "Business." With that, he went out.

I tailed him to ask questions about what I read.

"Um... Austin... This is a bit personal but... did your family got into an accident?"

He turned to me harshly.

I almost freaked out because he looked scary.

"What else did you read?"

"No more, just about the accident..."

"Don't go to my room anymore." He said then walked away.

What's wrong? Could it really be his father? It was his father?

I walked into the kitchen where he was in.

"Can't I ask about your family? You know what happened to mine, why can't I ask about yours?"

He shook his head. "If I am important enough to you. Don't ask. It'll hurt us both."

"What? Wait... I'm confused, What'll hurt us?"

"I said don't ask."

"You're important to me, of course. Even if you're just a nurse who gives me hope I need. You never let me feel lonely."

His gaze changed. It looked like he was in a bad temper.

"Just a nurse?" He scorned.

This was the first time I saw him looked outraged.

"I am just a nurse who gives you hope. I never let you feel lonely." He smirked.

He walked towards a wall then ... punched it.

I rushed to him before he did another blow.

"Stop! What are you doing?"

I hugged him from behind but he let go then knelt down to face me.

"You just used me as a ladder to lift your hopes up. Blair... I never thought of you as just someone."

A tear rolled down on his face.

"All these years, Blair... For you... I am just a nurse."

I was lost for words. I couldn't completely grasp what he said because I always thought it would be impossible. All I knew was he looked hurt and just with that, I also felt hurt.

"Can't I be someone special?

Can I be not just someone?"

---

Thank you for reading the sixth chapter!

See you in the next chapter.

You may click vote or comment your suggestions.

Any type of plagiarism is a crime.

- SUMMERBLAIRZZZ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 82 18
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
4.7K 757 69
Check out my Instagram page: gold_n_dark for aesthetics and songs for the chapters. One in a million. The chances of them meeting were one in a...
559 29 54
18 + Hot Hate/Love Badboy Romance. I died. I know I did but why do I feel more alive than ever before when I am around her. Wishing for a life I neve...
27.6K 2.6K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...