Orb of Obscurity

By AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... More

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- Yลซgen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-รˆnouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

22- Ukiyo

136 16 5
By AvyannaTremaine

*living in the moment*

____________________________

"Hello. I'm Saura. Saura Roy." I shook Jin's hand.

"Pleasure. I finally get to meet the girl that Jimin has been talking about non-stop." He chuckled pulling his hand away.

I clasped my hands in front of me in respect, listening to him. Jin was so freaking intimidating. I felt like if I said or did one thing wrong, he would fry my eyebrows off. My posture was taut and I was drinking in every single word that he was saying.

Jin gave me an all over and frowned. "Are you sick?"

"Hmm? Me? No!" My voice was high pitched. Jeez.

I heard Jimin chuckling and suddenly I felt arms hold my shoulders.

"Chill. He's not going to bite you babe." Jimin said reassuringly in my ears.

I drooped my shoulders. My shoulders always hunched up when I got nervous. I let out a small breath but my stomach was churning and I felt jittery.

"Wow. She's afraid of me?" He gave a look of disbelief and snickered. "You guys should really learn stuff from her. She is so well taught." He shook his head.

My eyes widened a few millimeters in surprise but I quickly masked it. With huge eyes, emotions were easily given away. I really didn't want to get into anyone's bad books today.

Why was I trying hard to impress them? My future with Jimin partly depended on them. They had to be okay with me. But apart from that, the real reason? They were people that I had admired and doted on.

The first, official meeting with my idols. I don't think I have anything more to say.

"But jokes apart. I am not a scary person, Miss. Saura. You can feel free to speak with me." He smiled.

Say that to your looks sir. He stood a solid foot taller than me, towering over me. He looked so perfect that I felt like I was a mistake. I was planned by my parents though.

My inner thoughts were making me laugh but I held it in.

"Yes, um.....Mr. Jin. You can...um...call me Saura." I said without looking at him.

Jimin wrapped his arms around my torso from behind, caging me.

"Stop making her nervous Jin. Poor baby." He said, his voice laced with scorn.

"Hey, I didn't do anything. I am not responsible if my handsomeness makes her feel intimidated." He gave us a smug look.

All three of them groaned.

I giggled. I couldn't believe I got to hear that in real life.

"Also, just call me Jin. Will you stay for dinner?" Jin asked me.

"Um..." I turned to look at Jimin. This idiot had brought me to his dorm without telling me a single thing. I literally had no plans for the weekend and I had no idea of what he had in mind for me too.

"She's staying here. Until tomorrow." He said looking at Jin.

I froze. What the hell was going on? Neither my heart, nor my brain was ready for any of this drama.

I turned to look at Jimin with widened eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Wow, she has huge eyes!" Kook said behind me.

"She does, doesn't she? Beautiful." Jimin said looking at my eyes.

"Jimin I'm serious." I shook my head at him.

"And I'm serious too. They planned it, not me." He pointed his hands at Tae and Kook.

"I...." I looked at them both and they were serving me their signature smiles.

Welp. I guess my weekend just got stolen.

"I don't know. Are you all okay with it? For real?" I asked looking down at my hands.

"Of course. We'd love to get to know you better." Jin replied.

I smiled in response.

Jimin unraveled his hands and pulled my arm, making me sit beside him. He had his arm around my waist. He knew just the right thing to do. His touch gave me a sense of familiarity in the foreign surroundings. I started relaxing into his touch.

"So back to my question. What would you like to eat?" He asked me while sitting on a couch.

He didn't mean what I was thinking of. Did he?

"Anything, really. I don't eat meat, with the exception of chicken and fish. But....we are ordering take out right?" I looked at him expectantly.

"No? I'm going to cook." He said in a matter of factly way raising his eyebrow.

Holy sh....poop. No way. My thoughts were affirmed.

"You don't have to. Really. Don't go through so much trouble." I blushed. My emotions were all over the place.
Which heaven was I in?

"Hey, it's not a bother. Not at all. One of us cook everyday. Just one more person today." He shrugged.

"Let me help you." I offered.

"I remember that you cook. Jimin wouldn't shut his mouth about your cooking skills since you cooked for him. This ungrateful guy started comparing my cooking to yours ever since, when I've been the person cooking for him over the years." He gave Jimin a pointed look.

I looked at Jimin in surprise, stifling my laughter. He was so cute.

"I am not wrong though. You do cook really well." He gave me an endearing smile and kissed my cheek.

"Seriously? In front of us?" Jin glared at us. "I miss my girl." He sighed and pulled out his phone.

I chuckled softly.

My phone pinged.

*Ready to hand your boyfriend over to me?*

What did this person want? I shook my head in disdain and handed my phone to Jimin. He looked at me and then at the phone.

As soon as he saw the message, he had a relay of emotions on his face. I couldn't make them out very well but he looked like he knew something. He looked behind me and stared for a while.

"Hey, what happened? What should we do?" I asked him, confused after seeing his reaction.

"Anything wrong?" Jin asked looking up from his phone.

"Ah... It's no...." I started to tell him not to worry about it, but Jimin beat me to it.

"Nothing. It's all fine." He said in a serious voice.

I frowned at him.

"I don't trust you when you say things like that Jimin. Spit it out." He looked at Jimin expecting an answer. When he received nothing in return, he turned to look at me. What was I supposed to say?

"It's....uh....a stalker situation. We'll take care of it. Don't worry." I stammered.

"Stalker? Whose? Jimin's or yours?" He looked at me in alarm. "They have your number already?"

"Okay, time's out." Tae said.

We all looked at him.

"I'm saying this now because I don't want to get killed by Jin. It was us." He said, laughing awkwardly, scratching the back of his head with his hand.

What?

"What do you mean?" Jin asked him. And right at that moment, realization dawned over him and he tilted his head back sighing.

I looked at Jimin, giving him an intimidating look, "You were in this and you didn't say a single word? Excellent acting Mr. Park."

Jimin chuckled, covering his mouth with his hand and the other two joined him. I rolled my eyes and looked at phone. The texts were pretty obvious. I was so wrapped up with the thoughts of them being Jimin's stalkers that I didn't suspect a prank.

"I'll apologize on their behalf." Jin said, smiling apologetically.

"It's alright. I wasn't scared anyways. Here I was worrying about someone's safety, while he went around playing a prank right under my nose." I glared at Jimin playfully.

"We're sorry. But how were you so unbothered? Like, you didn't even give a thought to it. I was about to expose myself that day itself but your overconfidence made me continue it. Just to give you a surprise." Tae giggled.

"Well the next time a stalker really texts me, they are going to get a surprise." I grinned.

"That they are." Kook said, making all of us laugh.

"Save my number." Tae said. "I'll add you to the family group too." He said excitedly.

"Family group?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Wow you can do that?" Kookie said and started trying it too.

It happened naturally. I never actually realized that I did it until people said that I kinda looked scary.

"Yup, it makes me shake in my boots, making me wonder about what I did wrong." Jimin snickered.

"Yah, we've heard about it all so many times. Stop it before I sew your mouth shut." Jin rolled his eyes. "All he speaks about these days is you. His sentences begin with *Saura this*, *Saura that*, I've heard so much about you that you feel so familiar even when it's our first time meeting."

We both chuckled. I looked at Jimin lovingly and ruffled his hair softly.
I leaned towards him and whispered "I love you." into his ear.

"You guys are making me jealous now." Jin huffed, making us all laugh. "I'm going to start cooking." He left the lounge.

Speaking of it, we were in a moderately big lounge, the huge sofa in the middle, facing a TV, a shelf next to it, one wall made of glass leading into a nice balcony. The other side lead into the dining space and the kitchen. Another passage led away from the lounge. There were two buildings joined together by a small skywalk. I guess the passage led to it.
It was a huge place in simple words.

I looked at the time. It was a few minutes past eight, at night.

"Shall I help Jin? He has to cook for all of us. It's late too." I asked Jimin.

"Will you be able to put up with Jin? That's the real question. He is quite patient but if you do the wrong thing, he'll fire up." Tae shuddered.

"Yup." Kook nodded.

"I am not bad at cooking. Don't worry. I'll survive." I smiled at them.

"Careful then." Jimin pecked my lips. "And good luck." He giggled.

"Ugh, you guys are making me lovesick." Kook groaned, making me laugh. Jimin smirked, "Suck it loser."

I left them at the couch and walked towards the kitchen. Jin was washing the ingredients in the sink. He looked like a handsome chef, doing his job with utmost sincerity.

"Could I be of any help?" I smiled at him.

"Hmm?" He looked at me. "No no. Just enjoy yourself. I'll get things ready." He smiled back.

"I insist." I said while washing my hands in the sink.

I turned the tap off and shook the water out of my hands. "What are we cooking?"

"You are a persistent one aren't you?" Jin chuckled. "Alright, chop these onions and the ginger."

We spent the time silently doing our chores, with him giving me instructions from time to time and me asking him doubts.

After a long time of silence, Jin decided to speak up. "So you're a doctor right?"

"I am." I said while sauteing the meat. Jin chose to make dishes with chicken in them for me.

"I hope I'm not being intrusive but do you make enough time for Chim?" He asked.

I could see where this conversation was heading. I was expecting it to come sooner or later.

"It is difficult for the both of us, but we manage anyways. We speak to each other whenever we get time." I said looking at him.

Jin paused while stirring the broth. He put the ladle down and turned to look at me.

"Chim is a very nice guy. He is a baby, to put it simply. He needs a lot of attention. He has been through stuff and he needs to be taken care of. I just want you to give your time to him and take care of him. You are a nice woman from what I've heard and seen. Just make time for each other and stay happy." He smiled.

"I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just entrusting Jimin to you. Now that he's off my control, I want to make sure he's in good hands. I just want him to be happy and trust me, he is a very happy person these days. This is the happiest I've seen him, in days. I want him to remain that way."

His words made my heart soar with love. They shared such a brotherly bond that it was endearing to watch. Though his words seemed a bit intimidating, it didn't pressurize me.

Even if Jin hadn't said those words, I would have taken care of Jimin. I loved him. I would give anything in my possession to just be with him.

"I get what you mean. I love Jimin, Jin. I would do anything for him." I smiled at him reassuringly.

Saying those words out loud made me realize how big of a responsibility it was, taking charge of someone's life. But I was ready to do it for him.

Jimin.

He literally brought me into a world that I knew existed, but wasn't brave enough to enter. He walked me into it, holding my hands and promising to be with me through the ride.

My eyes started welling with the rush of endorphins.

"I love him. That should explain everything." I said to Jin, defiantly.

"That's all I needed to hear. Thank you Saura." He smiled at me.

"I would do it anyways. How can you not love Jimin?" I giggled.

"That's true. How can you not? He literally whines like a baby when he doesn't get what he wants." Jin rolled his eyes.

"You were literally speaking for him seconds ago." I cackled. "But you're not wrong. He does whine a lot."

"He does. Doesn't he? That guy....he.."

We kept talking and cracking jokes. We had good time roasting Jimin and Jin kept telling me about all his embarrassing stories.

I loved the feeling. For the first time in forever, I felt like I was back with my family. I felt like I was in the right place.

_______________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I would give anything to cook with Jin 😍😍. I am growing jealous of Saura.😂😂😂. Also, stalker Tae and Kook. You'd have figured it out already.😏

Until then, Chef's kiss🤣🤣🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 3.4K 67
This is Book three in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" before tackling this one...
44.7K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
137K 7.1K 56
In a magical realm full of danger and possibilities, you were again and again put at risk of losing your life. Every time, you were saved by the same...