Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 11: Unknown Order
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea

91 4 7
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     Because not everyone can already see me, I decided not to talk to Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mammon, and Leviathan when Asmodeus and Satan are around. I told them about this before breakfast, of course, and the good news that Belphie's spell is finally lifted, but they opposed the idea.

     "We had been mean enough to you by putting that spell in the first place," Levi had said.

     "Yeah, we are not ignoring you anymore," Belphie agreed.

      All of us went to breakfast together. Lucifer just eyed us with a smile the whole time while Asmo and Satan are eyeing their brothers when they are mentioning me. All of us went to school together, laughing and joking around. All of us seem to be in a good mood.

     "It is actually a good thing that Belphie and Levi woke up early today," Mammon mentioned.

     "More like a miracle!" Lucifer said.

     "What made you two wake up on time today?" Satan asked Belphie and Levi.

     "All of my games with competitions starts later today, so I slept early last night to be prepared for tonight!" Levi said proudly.

     "So, you slept well last night only to sleep late tonight?" Asmo said, sounding disappointed.

     "Well, I had a good night's sleep after a nightmare last night," Belphie said with a smile. "Merielle rescued me from the nightmare and made sure that I will have a good sleep."

     Satan and Asmodeus looked at Belphie weirdly.

     "You're in on this Merielle thing now, too, Belphie?" Asmo asked.

     "I thought you were better than that, believing in Mammon's stories and actually taking a part in it," Satan said as he shook his head sadly.

     "Now, am I?" Belphie said mysteriously with a smile. 

     He then inched a little more closer to me and held my hand as we walked. I can't help mustering a smile. We let go of each other's hands as soon as Mammon saw it and started pulling me away from Belphie. I guess I have a bodyguard. How sweet of Mammon!

     Soon, we arrived at RAD. Lucifer told Beelzebub that he is in charge of looking out for me for the whole day. He also did not forget to remind Mammon that he has to fix the marble statue that was broken because of the incident that he started.

     "You will help me, right, Merielle?" Mammon asked.

     "Of course, of course," I said with a sigh and a smile.

     "Just as long as the marble statue will be fixed," Lucifer said.

     We were all about to go to our designated classrooms, when an unanswered question popped in my head and I really just had to ask Lucifer about it. I asked Beelzebub to wait for me and ran back to call Lucifer. He was not very far away so I reached him immediately.

     "Lucifer!" I called out.

     Lucifer turned and asked, "Yes?"

     "You said your meeting with Diavolo was interrupted because I was in danger," I told him, making him remember that second day of mine here at RAD this year. 

     "What about it?" Lucifer asked.

     "How did you know that I was in danger?" I dared to ask.

     Lucifer mustered a smile, his eyes narrowing on me, like he knows a secret that I don't, and he probably does.

     "Because unlike my brothers," Lucifer said as he leaned closer and made eye contact with me. "I... am not yours."

     He is not mine? Now, that does not answer my question. It made me more clueless and it just added to my mental list of unanswered questions! That doesn't help at all!

     "Beel, take her to her class now," Lucifer called out to Beel.

     Classes went by swiftly. There are three classes to take before lunchtime and in all of them, Beelzebub stayed right beside me. He helped me when I am stuck with a topic and there is also a time where I had to help him.

     During the third class period, I was shocked when Beelzebub suddenly took on his demon form and started screaming!

     "I. AM. HUNGRY!" Beel screamed which frightened everyone.

     It is a good thing that in every class period, two of the seven demon brothers are in the same classroom as me. One who is in charge of looking out for me for the whole day, and one is just like a back-up. In today's third class period, it just so happens to be Beel's unidentical twin, Belphie. It is a good thing that Belphie knows Beel so well! Belphie packed hell-fire cheesecakes just in case Beel goes peak hunger. Belphie technically saved all of us there.

     "You seem so distracted the whole day, Merielle?" Beel asked me after school. We are now walking towards the exit of RAD to meet up with the others.

     "I am just busy thinking about how to remove the spell on Asmodeus and Satan," I said gloomily.

     "We all have to plan that out," Beel said. "All of us are racking our brains for ideas on how to remove the spell on them."

     "Yeah..." I said, looking down.

     "Merielle," Beel called and I looked up to him. "Whatever you do, never let your guard down around Asmo. If you can, don't ever let him touch you."

     I smiled. "You are so sweet, Beel. I will keep that in mind," I said, then I looked weirdly at him. "Don't you think not letting him touch me is a bit overreacting?"

     "Asmo will try to hit on you. He will try to make his way with you in any way he can and that is not a good picture," Beel said. "Remember that he is the avatar of lust. Here in Devildom and sometimes up in the human world, he is a playboy. You know what playboys do, don't you?"

     "That horrifying three-lettered word that starts with s..." I said as a shiver went up my spine.

     "Sin?" Mammon asked. He is right behind us, and he is with Belphie and Levi!

     "No," I said with a laugh. 

     "Don't mind him," Levi said with a shook of his head. "He's an idiot."

     "Hey! I am not!" Mammon denied angrily.

     "And how long have you guys been there?" I asked, trying to stop a fight before it gets started.

     "Enough to hear Beel's last sentence," Belphie said. "Are you sure you just don't want to wait for thirteen days with Asmo?"

     "There has to be a way," I said desperately.

     "Merielle, you have to understand that Asmo is the avatar of lust!" Mammon said as we all continued walking back to the House of Lamentation. "The word lust is enough reason for you to back this one out. I am not letting you be alone in the same room with him."

     "Or me," Belphie added.

     "And me," Beel added.

     "Me as well," Levi said.

     "But how will I be able to break his spell, then?" I said, getting a bit irritated. 

     "Asmo's deepest desire is that horrifying three-lettered word that starts with an s," Belphie explained. "Even if you do that-"

     "Which you WON'T!" Mammon interrupted.

     Belphie nodded, "Which you won't... you won't be able to be seen by Asmo anyway."

     I gave up with a sigh. I guess this one has to wait for thirteen days after all.

     "If only Merielle has some kind of an identical twin or something," Beel asked.

     "I don't think any of us would even let Merielle's identical twin do it even if she has one," Levi said and added. "You don't have an identical twin, right, Merielle?"

     That made my mind swirl with an idea. My lips curved into a mischievous grin.

     "Merielle?" Mammon asked while looking at me.

     "I don't have an identical twin, Levi," I said. "At least not yet."

     "What?" Levi asked, confused.

     "What are you planning, Merielle?" Belphie asked nervously.

     "If you are thinking about having one of us seduce or do THAT with Asmo instead of you, then we would all rather face Lucifer's anger than that," Mammon said, his hands on his hips.

     I looked at Mammon with a disgusted face.

     "Eew! Mammon! I wasn't thinking of anything like that in the first place!" I said.

     "That's just gross, Mammon," Beel said.

     "I think I'm gonna have to throw up," Levi said with a disgusted look on his face.

     "I'm gonna beat you up if I have nightmares tonight about Asmo, Mammon," Belphie threatened Mammon.

     "H-hey... calm down, will 'ya?" Mammon said, embarrassed. 

     "What is your plan, Merielle?" Levi asked.

     "I will tell you guys later," I said. "We just need to get to the House of Lamentation right now."

     "Why the rush?" Mammon asked.

     "I need to make a phone call," I said as I quickened my pace.

     "With whom?" Mammon asked again as he tries to keep up with me.

     "I need to call a human who got so powerful, he was titled as a wicked sorcerer," I said, getting excited about my wonderful plan.

     "Ah, I see..." Belphie said, finally understanding.

     "Yeah, he could help," Beel said.

     "You still have to tell us what your plan is later, all right?" Levi said.

     All of us started walking quickly back to the House of Lamentation. On the way there, Mammon asked something.

     "Am I really the one who is lost here? Like who is this sorcerer?" Mammon asked.

     Levi, Beel, Belphie, and I groaned.

     "He is close with Asmo!" Levi shouted.

     "Don't mind the idiot," Belphie said.

     "HEY! Who are 'ya callin' an idiot, eh?" Mammon complained.

     We really need to get back home immediately. Like... right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462 51 28
"Memories are something important in humans's live. It's a thing we can use to remember all things happen in the past. Both good and bad. Yet, humans...
19.5K 1.1K 22
completed ── :: 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘♡ ︵ . . ▸マモン. . . ❀︵︵ ↴ [A human orphan saved by Mammon is now a full grown adult. She was the sole reason that he h...
3.6K 112 53
When Lili gets sent to RAD (aka Royal Academy of Diavolo), she is told that she is an exchange student for a program and must stay in the Devildom fo...
98.8K 4.4K 18
𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐱 𝐎𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐮! 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞) He saw her once in the human world, only to feel attracted then. Yet, ever since he retu...