The Other Demon

Από JustYoung1

{Book 1 in The Demon Twins Series} What if Damian actually had a twin? Someone, who is similar yet different... Περισσότερα

The Beginning
Meeting Father
Settling In
I, Myself, Am Rooting For The Shrubbery
Slightly Lost
An Experience
Information
The Plan
Hello Nightwing
Protection
Robin Suits
Trust Grayson
The Old Carnival
Fighting Spree
Let's Talk
Monster
The Castle
Someone Has A Fan
I Wasn't Trained For This
The Car Ride
Distraction
The Oil Rig
A Few More Minutes
Room Service
The Lazarus Pit
Welcome to Hell
Escape
I'll Drive
Dining Room Punishment
Games and Pills
Brother-Sister Bonding
Brother-Sister Bonding Pt.2
Nighty-Night
The Search Begins
Enhanced
Time To Save
My Hero
Game of Torture
Not A Robin
Surgery
I'm Not A Dog
I Need You
Who Are You Angry At?
Twitch
Where To Go...
New Cover

Step Four: Profit

22.3K 569 99
Από JustYoung1

Demetria's P.O.V.:

I bid father a farewell as he makes his way out to work. Once he leaves, Damian and I begin to dig into our breakfast. We eat in silence for a few minutes, taking small bites of toast and egg every now and then. It was all silent until I drank the orange juice. I took a sip, and cringed, spitting the juice back into the cup and shivering.

"That was revolting Dee-Dee," Damian says taking a sip of his orange juice. The moment the juice entered his mouth, his eyes widened and cringed in disgust. I smirk, entertained, watching him attempt to disguise his dissatisfaction. He forces himself to drink the juice sitting in his mouth and sets the glass down.

We look at Alfred who is standing behind the white counter, wiping a glass cup, looking at us with a cocked eyebrow.

"Is there something wrong young masters?" Alfred asks, nonchalantly picking up another glass cup and wiping it down with a white cloth.

"The juice," I say picking it up above my head and investigating it, "what is it?"

"It's orange juice," he says flatly.

"This isn't orange juice Pennyworth," Damian says picking up the glass of "orange juice" and extending it out towards Alfred, "This. This is something that should not even exist. It's disgusting."

Alfred continues to wipe the glass cup, looking at us unamused.

I take another sip and spit it back out again. Damian looks at me in disgust.

"Don't hurt yourself," he says.

"Alfred? What exactly is this?" I ask him.

"As I had mentioned earlier, Master Demetria. It is orange juice."

"But, it's not," I say looking at the glass, "There's something else in it." I take another sip and Damian punches my shoulder, taking away the glass.

"I told you to stop!"

"There's a bunch of sugar in it," I say cringing, looking at Alfred dead in the eyes. 

"Of course," he says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You people put sugar in something that is already sweet enough? No wonder, everyone is so corrupted in this world," Damian says going back to eating his breakfast.

"Back in the compound we rarely used sugar," I say explaining to Alfred, "Or have anything sugary. It's all-natural."

Alfred stood behind the counter, looking bored, but I can tell from his eyes that he was paying attention to every single thing that I was saying and doing. As I had finished explaining everything we were allowed to have and not have back at the compound, Alfred apologizes and leaves us to finish our food.

"He tried to kill us," Damian hisses while picking at his eggs.

"He didn't know Dami. Let it go."

"Tch." I stuff the last egg on my plate into my mouth and wait for Damian to finish his food, but all he's doing is picking at it.

He seems unmotivated today. He's just sitting next to me leaning into his hand, while his other hand held the fork, skimming over the egg's yolk.

"Finish your food and then we'll train," I say to try and motivate him. 

He stops moving his fork over the egg and looks at me with an idea.

"How about," he says sitting properly now, "We go to father's company?"

"Didn't he tell us to stay out of trouble?"

"It's not trouble if we're just visiting."

"Uhuh. Ya, totally 'visiting'," I say rolling my eyes. Knowing that we have nothing better to do, I go along with his idea. "So, what's the plan?"

"Have father join us. We'll take down Deathstroke together," he says clenching his fist.

"Do you even know where Deathstroke is," I ask slightly amused by his sudden interest. His smirk falters a little, and it soon turns into a scowl.

I sigh. "You know, he has a contact station here." He looks up in hope and then in confusion.

"In Gotham?" 

"No," I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes, "In Metropolis. Yes here in Gotha, you idiot." I smack his head for his idiocy. "We already have information about Ubu. So, we find Ubu—"

"We find Deathstroke." I nod my head in agreement. Damian stuffs the last egg into his mouth and runs for towards the door. Before he could get his hand on the handle, I grab him by the collar and pull him back, making him lose his balance and fall onto the floor.

Damian turns his head, up towards me and says, "Why'd you do that?!"

I squat down to his level. "Think Damian. We're currently being watched by Alfred. So, step one is to make sure Alfred is distracted. Step two, don't make ourselves stand out in the crowd of people. Step three, figure out where exactly we're going. And step four, profit," I say showing the numbers with my hand. 

"Fine," he says, "Let's find Pennyworth." 

I pull my brother up and we make our way towards a hallway on the first floor. As we walk down the hallway, we hear machines running. We turn right and find a room filled with white machines and clothes. As we peak into the room, we notice Alfred folding a mountain of clothes. And when I say mountain, I mean mountain.

"Isn't it just father and Pennyworth living here?" Damian whispers, staring at the huge load.

"I'm starting to think otherwise," I whisper back. We quietly made our way back to the front of the house.

"Alright, time for step two," I say pulling him towards the staircase.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to our room," I say taking a left and then going straight into our room, "We need to change. We're still in our training attire." I begin to dig through Damian's bag, taking out a black tight, long-sleeved shirt. I set it down on the bed and take out black pants for him to wear.

"Wow, you have great taste in fashion Dee-Dee," Damian says picking up the shirt.

"Shut-up, it's not like we have any other colors," I say taking out the same clothes for myself. 

Once we have finished changing, Damian and I go back down to the first floor, going separate ways to do step three. Reaching the first floor, Damian goes straight to the Batcave to search for the location, while I go check on Alfred. Arriving at the room with an unnecessarily amount of clothes, I find that Alfred is still there but is now taking things out of the white machines. Curiosity got the best of me, so I leaned my head further through the doorway. I squint my eyes trying to figure the item that he taking out. He was taking out white things. They look like...clothes.

"There's more?" I whispered to myself, flabbergasted.

I make my way back to the front of the house feeling a little bad for having Alfred washing a mountain of clothes. Once I had reached the living space, located in the front of the house, I find Damian impatiently tapping his foot with his arms crossed.

"Took you long enough." 

I grunt in response. "So did you find the location of the company?"

"Ya. Wayne Enterprises is in the Diamond District, specifically the East End. Is Pennyworth still distracted?"

"Yup. He has more clothes now though."

"You added our clothes too? That's not a lot."

I shook my head. "No, there was more in those machines."

"Seriously?"

"Ya," I say nodding my head. "Alright, let's go," I say eagerly, "Step four is a go."

Damian turns around and puts his hand on the door handle, leading us out to the fresh air. We walk down the cobblestone path towards the black fence and jump it. 

"It's quite far, so I say we run there," Damian says once we jump the fence. I begin walking down the road, surrounded by trees, ignoring his suggestion. I look at our surroundings noticing that there really is nothing but trees.

"So we're isolated here," I say now 10 feet ahead of Damian.

"You're right," he says jogging up to me.

I point up to the trees, "Let's jump the trees, that's much faster than running. There won't be any witnesses since there aren't any residents or people nearby." I jump up to the nearest tree and crouch on one of the thick branches. Damian then follows my lead. 

"Then once we're near or once there aren't any more trees or too many people, we'll make our way on foot," I say leaping from one tree to another.

After a few minutes of jumping from tree to tree, we reached a highway, bustling with traffic.

"This is where we go by foot Dami," I said jumping down from the tree, crouching and rolling to ease the landing. Damian does the same.

"The traffic's hectic," Damian says walking ahead of me. 

There were a bunch of cars and trucks all lined up next to and behind each other. They were all honking and screaming profanities at each other. There were a few who would come out of their every now and then screaming or taking a leisure walk. Damian and I walk through the traffic, no one looked our way. I guess walking on the highway is pretty normal.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

76.8K 2.2K 16
Damian was happy and bright young man. Well that's what everyone thought at least.. But in reality he is a young boy struggling with depression. He w...
305K 8.4K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...
50.1K 1.7K 16
Three years. It's been three years since the death of Dick Wayne, and Renegade. The city lost a hero. Bruce Wayne lost a son. Jason, Tim, Damian they...
151K 4K 16
"Todd" "Demon Spawn" ------------------------------ Jason Todd and Damian Wayne were legally brothers, but they never got along. What happens w...