citlalmina ☼ s. rogers

By sky-walkxr

A Mexican-American woman has been reincarnated as the Aztec Sun God Huitzilopochtli, granting her the abiliti... More

O
O.I
S
O.II
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
I.V
I.VI
I.VII
I.VIII
I.IX
I.X
I.XI
I.XII
I.XIII
I.XIV
I.XV
I.XVI
I.XVII
I.XVIII
I.XIX
I.XXI
I.XXII
I.XXIII
I.XXIV
I.XXV
I.XXVI
I.XXVII
I.XVIII
II.O
II.S
II.O.I
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
II.XI
II.XII
II.XIII
II.XIV
II.XV
II.XVI
II.XVII
III.O
III.O.I
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.III.V
III.V
III.VI
III.VII

I.XX

1.2K 45 6
By sky-walkxr

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER TWENTY//RED SKULL
AUSTRIA
HYDRA CAMP
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"Run on my mark! I'll cover you!" Blasts of blue energy came at them rapidly as they squished their bodies together against a large pillar, wincing at every bullet that passed them. Steve readied himself to sprint to the exit. Elenara gripped Xiuh in her palm and peeked her head out as a few began to reload their ammunition.

"Now!"

Steve launched himself through the opening, towards the door at the end of the facility. Elenara spun her staff as fast as she could, the beams of energy reflected off it and aimed back at them. Hydra agents immediately stopped firing and jumped for cover. Her turquoise eyes widened as she saw a man disintegrate from thin air.

That's what it does? Erase men from with a single touch? That energy wasn't made by humans. How did they get a power such as that?

"C'mon!" His call for her broke her from her thoughts. Beads of sweat gleamed on her forehead and strands of hair flew from her braid. She forced her legs to charge forwards before they fired another round of energy. Side by side they ran towards the end of the facility fighting off any Hydra agents that came their way.

Bucky was alive. He just had to be.

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

As they walked down a narrow hall to catch their breath, they caught a man run away in fear. The pair shared a look before dashing down the hall.

"He's gone." Steve said incredulously. How far could he have gotten? A groan caught her ear and she pulled on his arm in the room he fled from.

"Sergeant. Three-two-five-five-seven."

"Jimmy!" Tears of happiness fell from her eyes as Bucky lay on a table as a green light hit his skin.

"Bucky!" His eyes almost seemed lifeless, like as if he was in a trance of sorts. Steve caught the straps that held him down, pained to even think what they were doing to him.

"Oh, my God." They ripped off the leather straps with ease. The tight sensation from his wrists and legs went away and he exhaled in relief. The light in his eyes returned and was removed from his trance.

"Is that. . ." Bucky saw Steve, only he was bigger and muscular. He squinted his eyes, expecting for his small frame to return, but he stayed the same.

"It's me." Steve exhaled in relief.

"It's Steve." Bucky's eyes wandered to the silhouette next to him. "Elenara?" A sudden blush overcame his pale cheeks as memories of their last encounter flashed in his head.

"It's okay, Jimmy. We're gonna get you out of here."

"C'mon." Steve helped him sit up, a small groan of pain escaped his chapped lips.

"I thought you were dead." Bucky breathed out a chuckle, still in denial of Steve's new body.

"I thought you were smaller." His joke was cut short by a string of guns firing in the distance followed by yells.

"We should get going." Steve took hold of Bucky as he limped with every step he took. Elenara walked ahead of them with Xiuh in her hands.

"What happened to you?"

"I joined the Army."

"He was injected with the Super- soldier serum," She explained. "The one Dr. Erskine had been working on." Bucky panted as he struggled to stay at the same pace as Steve.

"Did it hurt?" He wondered. Steve shrugged, shaking off the excruciating screams of pain that echoed in his head.

"A little." Elenara turned her head and walked backwards as she crossed her arms. Steve chuckled and waved her away.

"Is this permanent?"

"So far." Elenara's eyes softened as she saw the way Bucky grip his side. She walked to him and placed her arm around his shoulder.

"No, Elenara. I'm f-" He let out a groan, his side screaming in pain.

"Gods, Jimmy. What did they do to you?" Bucky turned his head away, not wanting to relive those moments again. A hiss caught his ear and he jumped in fear as Xiuh rested his head on top of hers.

"Jesus! There's a snake on your head!" The fire serpent lifted his head and flickered his tongue at him.

"He was just scared, Xiuh. Don't be mean."

"You understand it?" He asked with wide eyes. Steve laughed and petted Xiuh with his finger.

"You missed a lot, Buck."

"Clearly." He said with a scoff. The trio walked along the catwalk and braced themselves on the railing. Explosions blew fire and smoke from below and rumbled the ground, throwing pieces of debris. Elenara stared down as the explosives went off one by one. She remained unfazed by the light and heat while Steve and Bucky shielded their eyes. Steve ran up the stars with Bucky and Elenara on his trail.

"Captain America!" A thick German accented man shouted. "How exciting! I am a great fan of your films!" Elenara narrowed her eyes at him, the red Hydra symbol ignited her anger. Her turquoise eyes burned brightly as they followed his every move. He seemed familiar.

"So, Dr. Erskine managed it after all. Not exactly an improvement," Steve's fury matched Elenara's, his eyes sending glares of hate towards him. His feet marched forward, inching closer to the man that killed his friend.

"But still, impressive." Steve brought back his arm and aimed it straight for Schmidt's face. He groaned at the impact and gripped his cheek.

"You got no idea." He growled.

The sun goddess's brows scrunched up. His skin seemed. . . loose? Under his eye was a red lining and the skin below it looked like as if it was going to tear.

"Haven't I?" The super soldier raised his shield and gasped at the indent his fist made upon it.

"Oh, Gods." He quickly went for his gun, but was launched back by his punch.

"Steve!" Elenara swiped at the air, sending a wave of turquoise fire that sent him back. The metal floors began to retract and seperated at the middle.

"Interesting! What are you, girl?! Certainly not human! Are you another product of Erskine?"Elenara flinched as her eyes glowed menacingly while Steve fumed in anger.

"Don't talk to her!" Schmidt chuckled evilly.

"No matter what lies Erskine told you, you see, I was his greatest success." The goddess cringed. He pulled off a layer of skin, revealing a bright red, nearly hollowed skull. She brought her hand over her mouth as a gasp escaped her red lips. It was him.

The man in her vision.

"He doesn't have a nose." She exclaimed.

"You don't have one of those, do you?" Bucky asked him, fear enveloping its hold over him. Elenara sensed his fear and gripped his hand. Bucky gladly took it and squeezed.

"You are deluded, Captain. You pretend to be a simple soldier," He tossed the mask of skin into the flames without a glance. "But in reality, you are just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind, like your little friend there. Unlike you, I embrace it proudly."

"Que feo."

"Without fear."

"You sure about that?!" Elenara gripped the railing so tightly, it began to melt down into nothing. "There's only one of us that's running away."

Like the coward he was, he merely laughed as he walked in to an elevator and the doors shut.

"Bastard!" She roared nearly as loudly as the gusts of fire below.

"C'mon. Let's go! Up!" Elenara helped Bucky up the stairs, grunting with each step.

"You know where we're going?!" She cried.

"Uh! I think so!" Bucky tightly gripped her arm as they ran before they came to a stop. An unstable metal pillar was all that was available to them in order to cross.

"Let's go. One at a time." They helped Bucky get over the railing and onto what resembled a tight rope at a circus. The metal loudly rattled before screeched along the wall. Bucky leaped towards the end and the it soon fell down, melting in to the flames.

"There's gotta be a rope or something!"

"Just go! Get outta here!"

"No! Not without you two!"

"Steve, I can hold down the fire. Ya' think you can jump that far?"

"Elle, what about you?"

"Goddess of the sun, remember." She smiled in hopes to soothe his worries. He walked towards her, his hand nestled against her cheeks that was coated in soot. Her hand reached up and pressed it over his as she leaned into his touch.

"We don't have much time. I'll be okay, No Mina."

"What does that mean?"

"I'll tell you when we're back at camp. Now, hurry." The goddess raised her hands and her eyes glowed a deep turquoise along with the center of her palms. The flames that shot up were stopped by an invisible barrier. The Aztec goddess may remember how to use her powers, but that was centuries ago. This new. . her was still fairly new to it. She was once able to rain fire without breaking a sweat. Now, her hands trembled with tasks as simple as maintaining fire under control.

"Elle, come on!" In her concentration, she failed to notice Steve jump to the other side. It was her turn now. With a deep exhale, her hands fell to her side, her fingers twitch every now and then. Right after, an eruption of red flames threaten to lick her skin.

"No! She can't jump through that!" Bucky shouted, searching for some other possible exit.

"Just watch." Elenara sprang from the ledge and into the air. Fire soared around her and trapped her inside.

"Elenara!" Bucky shouted, tears gleaming in his eyes. Steve held out his arms, waiting for her to fall into them.

"Watch out!" She landed with a grunt in his arms and laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you for catching me again, No Mina." Steve smiled and disregarded the building that was falling to flames. Bucky watched their interaction uncomfortably and cleared his throat.

"Uh, hey, there's kind of some explosives still going off. . ." Elenara unlatched herself from him and blushed wildly.

"Sorry. . . forgot."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪
.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 63 8
I don't own MARVEL, all rights belong to DIsney and Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby. I only own the OC. Alex James Barnes-Romanoff is the son o...
6.9K 471 26
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❝ there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself. ❞ SHE ASK...
57.9K 1.5K 54
Vanessa Rodriguez has not had an easy life. Both day and night filled with nightmares and demons. Vanessa has a power that she doesn't understand, no...
11.2K 535 19
Marvel MCU fanfiction - TFATWS - SFW ••• "Can you do me the favour and trust him for the mission?" "Confiar en él? Oh yeah, I bet that worked fine...