RWBY (Ruby x Reader)

By Sessylu75

A former team of Beacon first years were sent on a mission but although a success their bullhead went down. W... More

Characters
Ch 1 Meeting Team Rwby
Ch 2 Better Late Than Never
Ch 3 New Year but Same Material
Ch 4 Class Antics and Trouble Brews
Ch 5 Returning and Weapon Repairs
Ch 6 Playful Duel and a Fustrated Y/N
Ch 7 A Decision Granted
Ch 8 Gamenignt
Ch 9 An Awkward Encounter
Ch 10 Captured
Ch 12 A Revelation
Ch 13 Y/N's Confession
Ch 14 A Day With Ruby
Ch 15 Staying At Ruby's House
Ch 16 Ruby's Attempt at Cooking
Ch 17 An Awaited Visit
Ch 18 The Lake
Ch 19 All that Glitters is not Gold
Ch 20 Gift Exchnage
A Synopsis

Ch 11 Rescue is a Go

1.1K 21 6
By Sessylu75

It has been some hours since Y/N was taken as a captive and now he woken up in a room, tied up in a chair.

Y/N: Aaah. I feel like I got hit in the face.

WF Grunt: That's because you did.

Y/N looked at the grunt more closely and saw that it was Onyx.

Y/N: Do you happen to go by the name Onyx by any chance?

Onyx: How do you know my name human?! Tell me or else.

Y/N realized his mistake as he heard it while
in disguise in that uniform. He remembered Blake's words and what they would do if they knew how he went in.

Y/N: Oh you know.

Onyx: Know what?

Y/N: I heard it while I was previously on the move. How long have I been out?

Onyx: Few hours. Can you just shut up as it will make my job easier?

He began on grumble at how he was stuck in guard duty and was bored. Y/N figured that he may get information if he went on Onyx's good graces.

Y/N: There is two ways in I see this goes. You can either stand guard or we can play a game. Onyx, your task is to keep watch over me and what better way to do so while passing time?

Onyx thought about what the human said. He was right in that he was bored and he would still be watching the kid. Onyx agreed and he and Y/N decided on checkers. Given that Y/N was tied to the chair he had to use his nose to play. A few turns passed before Y/N decided to ask his first question.

Y/N: (finishes turn) So why am I alive?

Onyx: I don't know the exact details but we will send a message, and if they don't do the demands you die.

Y/N: That took a dark turn. In what form of communication do they plan on?

Onyx: Message.

Y/N thought for a few moments thinking that this may be his chance.

Y/N: That isn't a good idea.

Onyx: (finishes turn) What? Why?

Y/N: Think of it in this way. There is less of a chance they will think I am alive unless proof is given. A video would be better.

Onyx: That is a good idea. Wait...why are you helping us?! What is your game?

Y/N: You said that this situation would either result in me living or dying. One more thing I have to ask. Where are we?

Onyx: (sighs) Fine. It is not like you can go anywhere.

Y/N finished his turn and was thinking that if all goes according to plan he'll be rescued, but for the time being he has a checkers match to win. It has been two days and right now your team was dealing with the loss of a member. Team RWBY was handing it in their own way with Ruby remembering what happened two days prior while looking over your weapons.

Flashback two days before

Y/N: Trust me. I will live.

Ruby: How will I know Frost?

At that moment his gear and weapons were thrown over the barrier. She grabbed them.

Y/N: I'm going to need those when I return. Now go.

Flashback Ends

Ruby took what Y/N said as a promise. Silver and Tanner gave her the weapons. Ruby was unsure but was glad now. Though in reality it was because they knew that is what he would
of wanted given that it would distract her. She remembers what was said after getting off the bullhead. They admitted Old Reliable's design was hard. As for the cane sword given how it was by Ozpin's design Y/N had to figure out the odds and ends to it. Ruby began to tear up at the weapons workbench.

Ruby: (thoughts) Okay Ruby. He would want you to stay strong.

As this happened Silver and Tanner were at Ozpin's office. He said it was urgent.

Ozpin: I'm sorry for the loss of Y/N but we received a video.

Tanner: Why does it concern us.

Ozpin: I can answer but it is better to watch.

Ozpin turns on the video and once started it shows you, tied up in a chair. The two notice your injuries but kept quiet.

Y/N: You have it all wrong. I am no Schnee.

The grunt then punched Y/N and told him to read the message. Y/N spat out some blood. The thing was he grinned at this moment.

Y/N: Fine. Essentially you all have a week to accept the deal. Basically follow the demands or else they kill me.

The message ended but what was odd of this was how Y/N was constantly blinking.

Silver: Are we going to do anything about this?!

Tanner: Y/N is our teammate. He would do the same for us.

Ozpin: You see the reason why I called you two up here is for help. You noticed that Y/N was blinking quite a lot. An unusual amount if you were to ask me.

Tanner: Wait, wait. Silver, what was the code Y/N talked about before?

Silver: Morse code?

Ozpin: A code not used since the Great War. Do you know it?

Tanner: Look Y/N once said that we should learn a code in the case that one of us were to be captured. We never did.

Ozpin: Knowing Y/N it must be important. Oobleck and I will get back on its meaning. It will take awhile to decipher given how we will need to find a book. Come back tomorrow and we should have it.

Tanner: Okay. Silver, you know what needs to be done.

Silver: Tell the others?

Tanner: Yeah.

A day passed and Silver and Tanner entered the office again.

Silver: What is the message?

Ozpin: A location. A bullhead is prepped for the rescue. I must say there will be police on the scene as well so it will be hectic.

Silver was texting Team RWBY and they all went to the hangar.

Pilot: Woah hold on. Look sorry to say but I can only fit five more and that includes who we are rescuing.

Medic: (gets on bullhead) Yeah, I need to be on to check for injuries.

Weiss: So only one more can fit.

Yang: I think Ruby should go.

Blake: I agree.

Weiss: That does make the most sense so I also agree.

Ruby: Thanks team.

Pilot: Get on.

They wished them good luck and the bullhead flew to the location. Ruby, Silver, and Tanner were determined on this rescue.

Y/N's POV

Guess the plan has gone truly into fruition. I do not know how long the alarm was blaring but there has been a lot of movement due to some sort of attack. Smiling to myself I see Onyx go to me.

Onyx: Great. Just great. Looks like I'll have to kill you.

Y/N: Why?

Onyx: Sorry, but it's policy. Any last words?

Y/N: What happened to checkers?

Onyx: I'm still now over how you beat me.

Onyx readied his weapon to kill but suddenly he heard a knock on the door.

Onyx: You have a few more seconds of life. Don't go anywhere.

Y/N: I would never dream of it.

Right as Onyx was about to open the door it flies across the room, hitting him.

Ruby: That looked like it hurts.

Y/N: Why did you knock?

Silver: I asked myself one thing. What is the thing they least suspect. Wait...Y/N?

Y/N: That is my birth given name.

Tanner: Don't he a smartass.

Silver: Congratulations Y/N. We're here to rescue you.

Tanner: Ruby, free him.

At that moment you froze the rope and broke it. Ruby zoomed to Y/N, tackling him to the ground in a hug.

Ruby: I'm glad you're okay.

Y/N: Ruby, I know you are happy but we still need to arrive back.

Tanner: You could of broken through the entire time?!

Y/N: (still on the floor) Breaking out of rope is one thing but escaping is another. Ruby.

Ruby: (gets up) Sorry. It's just I thought you might've been gone.

Tanner: I know this is great but we should go. The professionals are handing it outside.

Silver: I'm pretty sure I saw huntsmen.

Going back to the bullhead was simple given that the White Fang was busy with the attack. Inside the medic began checking on Y/N.

Pilot: Glad to see you're okay. Thanks for what you did back there?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Pilot: I was the pilot that got shot down.

Y/N: Well thank you for the help.

Ruby: What happened?

Silver: Yeah. What did you did as a prisoner?

Y/N: Overall it was not so bad. Now it could of been much worse as I was scheduled for a session of torture tomorrow.

Tanner: Anything odd?

Y/N: I convinced the person who you all hit with the door to play checkers. Beating him in the match he punched me.

A/N: Now if you feel like seeing what can be said is basically spoilers go on my comment's comment. If you don't want to don't worry as the first will basically be a warning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
131K 1.7K 11
(Y/N), a new transfer student to Beacon, has gained the attention of the school's youngest huntress-in-training, Ruby Rose. But what is it about him...
1K 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...
78 9 15
Team STEL is one of Beacons Top Teams Scarlet Trillium Eclipse and Lumen After their initial mission they must catch up on studies and prepare for t...