Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 11: Unknown Order
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku

121 5 13
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     School is finally over! I should be celebrating that I am here, still in one piece, and survived my first day at RAD.

     Unfortunately, I am not. I am inside one of RAD's classrooms and is currently in detention with Mammon and Leviathan. Those two have a reason as to why they are here in detention, but I seriously don't get my reason! Not one bit! The teacher had me here in detention for not passing a homework! I didn't receive anything that I need to pass a homework, not to mention that I just transferred here.

     "Argh! Why am I here?!" Mammon groaned.

     "Uhhh... because you almost got me killed and broke a marble statue?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

     "Lucifer broke it!" Mammon argued.

     "He only did that to shield me which he didn't need to do if you did not take off to the cafeteria in demon speed and had me with you," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

     "But isn't fixing the marble statue with my own hands enough punishment already?" Mammon complained.

     "Obviously, no," I said and crossed my hands while looking at him with a cocked eyebrow. "Also, can you actually carve?"

     "... No," Mammon answered after pausing for a while.

     "You are in big trouble," I finally said.

     "Will you shut up, Mammon? Hearing you speak to yourself is infuriating!" Leviathan complained with a loud groan.

     "Hey! Show some respect! Also, I ain't talkin' to myself! I am talking to Merielle here!" Mammon shouted at him. Levi is on the back of the room.

     "I can't see anyone," Levi said.

     I sighed as Mammon replied, "When are ya guys gonna stop pretendin' Merielle doesn't exist?!"

     "Leviathan is not pretending Mammon," I said as I hung my head down. "He really can't see or hear me."

     "What are ya talkin' about?" Mammon asked me and he inched a bit closer to me. He is sitting next to me in a table and chair for two people.

     I can remember what Beelzebub exactly told me earlier at lunch.

     Beel and I sat in front of each other in an empty table and chair. Beel munched on his salamander sandwich while I took a bite on my pizza and sipped on my soda. It is a good thing that the RAD cafeteria serves food from Devildom and the human world. Beel told me in the lunch line that on my first year here, the cafeteria served foods from Celestial Realm, Devildom, and the human world because of the exchange students which are me, Solomon, and the two angels: Luke and Simeon. After a few more bites, I decided to bring the topic back up.

     "So, Beel," I said as I sipped on my soda once more. "What were you saying about that spell I broke?"

     Beel took another bite on his sandwich and started explaining. He is explaining while he is chewing on his food. I can still understand what he is saying despite what he is doing.

     "The others were so mad after you forced us to help Mammon," Beel said. "All of us met up in Satan's room before lunch where he showed us the spell you broke. It is a spell that makes us unable to see or hear a certain person. Everyone agreed for it to be you. I actually wanted to back out, but Belphie convinced me. I'm sorry."

     I paused for a moment, letting it all sink in.

     "It is okay if you get mad at us for doing that. I totally get it," Beel added and he put down his sandwich.

     I touched Beel's hands and spoke. "Beel, I am not mad that you and your brothers did that. I understand why all of you decided to do that. I still have to say sorry to you because of what I did back there. I'm sorry."

     Beel shook his head. "You didn't know. You forgot about it because of that amnesia."

     "I guess," I replied. "But, Beel, now I need to know how to undo the spell. I still have to undo the spells on your other brothers to be able to apologize to them."

     "What if they just put on the spell on themselves again?" Beel asked.

     "Then, I can't stop them, can I?" I said with a sad smile. "It is their choice. I just want to be able to properly apologize to them."

     "You need to tap on their deepest desire," Beel finally said.

     "Their... deepest desire?" I asked, somewhat confused.

     "Yeah," Beel answered. "Like how Levi likes his animes and figurines and games so much. You have to be able to get him to want to see you and hear you using it."

     "Doesn't he like... didn't know I exist?" I asked.

     "Yes, but somewhere deep inside of him, he knows you. He can deny that with the spell, but he can't hide it," Beel said.

     "I see..." I said and thought hard on what to do.

     "Uhhmmm... Merielle..." Beel said.

     "Yeah?" I spoke.

     "M-my hand..." he simply said.

     I immediately looked and saw that I am still holding his hand. I quickly let go, grabbed my pizza and continued devouring it. I looked at Beel and he did the same with his sandwich... his cheeks burning red as a tomato.

     I told everything to Mammon. Everything Beel said about the spell and how to break it.

     "So you had to do that, huh..." Mammon muttered. "But how are ya gonna do that?"

     "I spent half of my time starting from the time that we entered this classroom for detention thinking about it," I said with a confident smile. "And I have just the plan." I took out my phone from my pocket. I don't think I am supposed to have this during detention, but I slipped it inside my pocket anyway. "Levi clearly liked that anime we watched with the others while you were hanging upside down. I just need to make him want to see what I am talking about and you are gonna help me with it."

     "Not if I don't get anythin' in return. That is too much work," Mammon said with a shrug.

     "Ugh... you really live up to your title, don't you?" I said and sighed. "Fine. I'll help you carve that marble statue back to its original shape. There are a lot of statues near it that looked exactly like it, but you are gonna buy the materials."

     "You know how to carve?" Mammon asked in shock.

     "I went to Blooming Lotus Academy, Mammon," I said proudly. "It is a prestigious private academy for rich sons and daughters of ridiculously rich people. Unfortunately, I am one of them and I happen to be very curious at almost everything that I wanted to try everything! I want to learn as many things as I can. Plus, extracurricular activities are a great way for me to have extra grades at school. One of the extracurricular activities I happen to have taken was in arts and lined to it is carving statues in marble stones."

     "I wouldn't deny about the part where you are too curious," Mammon with a cheeky grin. "Lucifer almost got you killed for... I think... three times on your first year here at Devildom because you like sticking your nose in things you should not."

     "You have to tell me all about that when everything is over," I said and pointed at him.

     "Not without a good price," Mammon replied.

     I glared at him with my arms on my hips.

     Mammon raised up his hands in defeat. "Fine! Fine! I will."

     "Now, let's break that spell on Leviathan," I said as I tapped hard on my phone. I am so lucky that Solomon also used his magic on this one so that I could also use it here and it is still connected to the human world. I don't know how he did it and when he did it and even how come I have a strong internet connection here and my battery never ends, but who am I to complain?

     "Now, pretend that you are interested in this. Be a good actor, Mammon," I said and showed him something on the screen of my phone.

LEVIATHAN'S POV

     "Oh! So that's what this is about, huh?" Mammon said quite loudly. He is looking at something on his left side, although I couldn't see anyone to whom he could be talking to. I couldn't hear anyone, as well! My older brother definitely got crazy now.

     How I wish to be back inside my room already! I miss my games, and my mangas, and my Ruri-chan figurines! They are all so lonely right now in there. My favorite anime is even up in a few minutes and I had to miss it! Ugh, this sucks so badly!

     "So Akihiko went up to Mt. Azumi with Mayumi and Kaori on the third season, huh. Then what did they do?" Mammon said.

     Who knows? I didn't get to that part yet. WAIT! Mammon knows and I don't?! What is happening? Mammon is talking about that anime that someone recommended to me. My brothers and I watched it in my room.  Lucifer was out that day because he had a meeting with Diavolo and Mammon was punished, but I am sure we had another person watching with us. Or... was it really a person? I have no idea, to be honest. My memory of that is a little blurry, like I am missing something.

     "OH YEAH! Let's watch that episode!" Mammon said excitedly.

     Is he really crazy now? But there is no way that a crazy person could know such a scene in an anime episode!

     "Ooohh! Akihiko sent blue fox flames everywhere! But where is Mayumi? Don't tell me he lost her in the fog!" Mammon said worriedly.

     He doesn't look like he is pretending to be seeing something. It looks like he can actually see something! So, someone who I can't see is showing him what happened in that anime I had been watching?! 

     "Oi! Oi! Is that really Kaori's brother? Looks mean to me..." Mammon said.

     Brother? What brother? Kaori has a brother?! I can't take it anymore! I had to see that! More importantly, who did introduce me to that anime, anyway?

     A female's voice... I can hear a female's voice. It is so familiar. She is talking to Mammon! Am I going crazy, too? But why do I feel like this is actually what is normal? A blurry silhouette of a girl is taking place beside Mammon. Could that be the one Mammon has been talking to the whole time?

     "Yeah! Isn't it exciting? Guess what... there is a surprise behind that!" she told Mammon and laughed.

     I think I recognize her... isn't she the girl I care the most? Uhhmm... yes! She is! The girl who came from the human world. She was here the first time as an exchange student. She changed my life and so does my brothers'. She changed all of us. She became a big part of us and left a big crater when she left. Now, she is back and I promised her that we would spend time together when she gets back. We would watch anime, read mangas, listen to Sucre Frenzy's music, and continue our playthrough of Mononoke Land! 

     I began to see her more clearly... her smile became more visible... her eyes sparkles... until I can see her already! She is...

     "MERIELLE!" I shouted.

     There was a pause. Then she whipped her head and looked in my direction. Can she see me, too?

     "Hello, Levi. Sorry, I broke the spell on you," she said with a bright smile.

     Spell... that's right! The spell that caused me to forget about her. The spell that made me think that she never existed! I agreed with Satan to put that spell on me because I was so angry at her at time. Come to think of it, I was angry at her for something that is not entirely her fault. I realize that now.

     Before I knew it, I am up on my feet. I started to run towards Merielle with my arms open wide.

     "MERIELLE!" I shouted once more.

     I hugged Merielle as hard as I could. I could hear her gasp and I could also hear Mammon ranting on and on to me about such things as being too close to Merielle and that I should move back.

     Maybe I should. Merielle wouldn't want to be with some yucky otaku like me. I was about to let go... but Merielle hugged me tighter.

     "I'm sorry," she whispered.

     I hugged her back.

MERIELLE'S POV

     "I'm sorry," I whispered and I felt Levi hug back. "I'm sorry for forcing you that day."

     "You shouldn't be," Levi whispered back. "You didn't know."

     "ALRIGHT! THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU TWO ARE BEIN' TOO CLOSE, YA HERE ME?! TOO CLOSE! LET GO, LEVI!" Mammon shouted.

     I laughed and Levi and I broke our hug.

     "You just want to get a hug from Merielle, too, don't you, Mammon?" Levi said.

     "N-no!" Mammon denied rather nervously. "I mean... me? The great Mammon? Want to get a hug from a human? Nuh-uh! Next thing ya know, their scent rubs off on you. No way!"

     "You are bad at denying it," Levi said.

     I just laughed it off and soon, everyone was laughing with me. We didn't even notice the time. We were all having a good time that we didn't notice that the time for our detention was over that we were surprised when Lucifer came in to fetch us. He also apologized that I had to suffer detention for a ridiculous reason.

     "That teacher will receive his consequences soon enough," Lucifer said as we all walked towards the House of Lamentation.

     "Oh, don't bother. I have to thank him for that detention, actually," I said giddily.

     "And why is that?" Lucifer asked. He sounds interested.

     Then, Mammon, Levi and I, told him what happened. Even Lucifer seemed amused. Oh, and before I could forget, Mammon didn't really act. He really just enjoyed the anime I showed him. Mammon even asked to watch it so he could keep up with us when we continue watching the anime with the rest of his brothers, when all the spells are broken and everything is back to normal, of course... if ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 112 53
When Lili gets sent to RAD (aka Royal Academy of Diavolo), she is told that she is an exchange student for a program and must stay in the Devildom fo...
112K 5.5K 91
The faeries and demons have been enemies for centuries. The faeries were hunted for their blood by the demons. The demons were kept as prisoners or e...
19.5K 1.1K 22
completed ── :: 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘♡ ︵ . . ▸マモン. . . ❀︵︵ ↴ [A human orphan saved by Mammon is now a full grown adult. She was the sole reason that he h...
16K 1K 45
"I hate you so much. I hate the joy I feel whenever I'm around you. I hate it. I hate that stupid poker face of yours, but most of all, I hate myself...