He was cool...

By Ari3ll3

As much as it pains her to admit it.... He was cool. More

He was cool: Chapter One
He was cool: Chapter Two
He was cool: Chapter Three
He was cool: Chapter Four
He was cool: Chapter Six
He was cool: Chapter Seven
He was cool: Chapter Eight
He was cool: Chapter Nine
He was cool: Chapter Ten
He was cool: Chapter Eleven
He was cool: Chapter Twelve
He was cool: Chapter Thirteen
He was cool: Chapter Fourteen
He was cool: Chapter Fifteen
He was cool: Chapter Sixteen
He was cool: Chapter Seventeen
He was cool: Chapter Eighteen
He was cool: Chapter Nineteen
He was cool: Chapter Twenty
He was cool: Chapter Twenty-One

He was cool: Chapter Five

171K 2.7K 942
By Ari3ll3

"Can you hold still for a second? Holy crap you're like a child!" scolded Tessa hitting me on the head.

"OW!" I shouted, "Not only do you force me into this, but you even DARE to hit me?"

"If you weren't so childish then I would've been done sooner!"

"Pa-lease WOMEN!" I scowled, "This is like RAPE! But instead with clothing and MAKEUP... and-and OH GOD IT HURTS!" I closed my eyes as Karissa violently combed my hair.

"Do you even comb your hair?" she squeaked.

"Why should I when my hair is always in a ponytail... it takes up too much time to do anything to."

"Shutup!" Tessa slapped me on my head again.

"I dare you to hit me again Tessa.." I hissed, "I dare you..." I whispered.

"Or what?" she challenged.

"You have really nice hair Mercury" cut in Karissa, "You should just comb it more often"

"Yeah well I did get it from my dad" I muttered suddenly going quiet.

"Plus you have nothing on your face, what's your secret?" asked Karissa in wonder.

"I'm no cake face" I rolled my eyes, "I don't wear makeup.."

"You just don't know how to properly put it on" Tessa smirked.

"I waste my money on better stuff then makeup thank you very much."

"You really do actually have nice hair" muttered Tessa combing her fingers through my hair.

"Yeah" agreed Karissa who played with my hair. "It's weird you two are sisters, but look nothing alike"

"Different fathers" I sighed.

"Yeah, but you look like another race Mercury"

"Karissa!" hissed Tessa thinking I was offended.

"My dad was quater korean, quarter eygyptian and bosnian. Maybe that's why I look racially challenged" I spoke through tight lips.

"No wonder you have such long straight black hair!" Karissa gasped like the ditz she is. Closing my eyes I muted out everything Tessa and Karissa were saying and found myself in my own world.

It's a no brainer that whenever people get to know both Tessa and I are siblings that they stare at us with confusion. If you think about it I would be curious too.

Tessa has blonde hair and light blue eyes with my mothers small figure. She pratically looks like my mother and step father it's weird. She's like their perfect child. While on the other hand when it comes to me I look like I'm adopted compared to Tessa and the rest of my family members.

If someone were to say how I looked like they would say this. My hair is so straight I swear you couldn't curl it if jesus came to do it even. My skin is tanned, but I'm pale as white in the winter time. Since my mom had blue eyes and my dad had brown I got this disgusting color eyes, I don't know if their green or brown. In the spring and summer it's light brown, and in the winter and fall its light green. As shapeless as Tessa is I got the big junk, and when I say big junk I mean the boobs the hips and the butt. Why do you think I wear sweats and sweaters all the time? sheesh.

One time I wore jeans and a tank top, decided heck i should change it up for once. Worst mistake I ever made in my life. As much as i love not being known well that day was horrible. Never in my life have I got hit on by guys so much, it was horrifying. All the girls were glaring at me, snickering at me calling me stuff I never knew I could be labeled as ever in my life.

That's when I vowed to where sweats and sweaters for the rest of my damn life. Well at least in high school.

Usually i get comments here there people asking me if I'm italian or if I'm moraccan. If not people always ask me this question, "What the hell are you?" like i'm this unknown kind of dog breed. Time to time it gets annoying, but I have no one to blame and it sucks.

It's not that I'm insecure I just despise attention to a degree of hate. I like walking the halls with no one looking at me. I love it when people don't take the time of day to say hi to me. I EMBRACE BEING IGNORED. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world and frankly i love that feeling.

As much as I miss my friends people move on. I can't be whining for the rest of my life so heck I just have to finish the path that's been given to me. As much as I catch myself crying in the morning begging god to bring back my father, it won't happen.

I think the only person I ever loved in my life was my dad, and weirdly enough no one will ever fill the hole my dad has taken with him. There will be forever a hole in my heart.

"You can open your eyes now!" cheered a voice. Blinking slowly I looked in the mirror to face a stranger.

"Who the hell is that?" I scoffed.

"That's you silly!" laughed Karissa. I scrunched my face up in confusion and the stranger infront of me mimicked me.

"OH MY GOD...." I gasped.

"You look beautiful Mercury!" grinned Karissa.

"I got to say you look like a different person" shrugged Tessa crossing her arms together.

"I LOOK-I LOOK..." I stuttered.

"YOU LOOK HOT!"

"I LOOK LIKE VOLDERMORT!" I screamed.

"Who is voldermort?" frowned Karissa.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FACE?" I touched my cheek, "IS THIS A MASK?" I poked my face.

"Don't touch your makeup Mercury!" hissed Tessa, "We worked so hard on it!"

"Get up so we can see you!" grinned Karissa.

Muttering some swear words I got up and almost stumbled. I eyed what the hell I was wearing and found some black heels strapped on my feet.

"Since when did you put these on me?" I questioned.

"You were like in la-la land when we were dressing you" Karissa giggled.

"What?"

"Look at the mirror" Tessa smirked. Walking (more like limping) over to the full mirror I set my eyes onto what I was wearing.

For a second I just blinked at my reflection and tilted my head to the right. I wore a thin white flowy shirt that went up to my mid-thigh. I thought I wore nothing under and lifted up the shirt to find baby blue short shorts under that were rolled up. Scowling I rolled them down. I hate short shorts, what are they underwear? jeez.

"What in the hell...?" I swore, "Since when did they put me in these clothing" I turned around to see my back.

"Told you were magicians" smirked Tessa.

My skin was glowing pale honey against the dim lights. Touching my hair I found myself combing it repeatedly with my fingers. It was remarkable what not wearing makeup and dressing up can do to you. I watched my reflection in aw and complete confusion.

"What did you guys do?" I spoke breathlessly.

"Do you know how long this took?" Tessa crooned.

"It's already 6:59"

"No way..." I said.

"Yeah way" nodded Karissa. "Don't you remember you fell asleep?"

"I did?" I scrunched my face up in confusion.

"Yup"

"Wow..." I murmured.

"We barely had enough time ourselves to get ready, but we managed" sighed Tessa. I stared at her clothing and found her all twitched and stitched up like a barbie.

"Well it's not like I put you up to this challenged" I snorted.

"The least you can say is thank you!" Karissa pouted.

"Thanks for nothing" I grinned joking.

"What-EVA" they both simotaneously said.

"The mothership of all mothership of brain loss" I huffed nodding my head from side to side.

"I hate to say it, but you do look nice" said Tessa.

"Should I take that as a compliment?"

"If you dress like this more often then I wouldn't hate you so much" she smirked.

"You look like you should be at a street corner Tessa"

"Is that suppose to be a thank you for all I did for you?" she shouted.

"How much babe? You look cheap would a penny do?" I snapped.

"You guys!" whined Karissa, "Everyone just calm down!"

"At least I got appeal Mercury with a body like that you can pass like a whore!"

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow, "At least I don't prance around like a hungry hippo looking for attention Miss I-want-to-be-popular-oh-so-bad"

"You should be Nun by now" screamed Tessa, "NO god damn guy in their RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT YOU!"

"Just by you talking Tessa I lose brain cells why don't you do yourself a favor and shutup!"

"What are you MY SISTER?" she snapped.

"STOP IT!" shouted Karissa, "WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?" sobbed Karissa falling on the floor.

I glared at Tessa as she glared at me too. Sighing I helped Karissa up and patted her on the back.

"Why-why can't you two.. just get along?" Karissa spoke through her sobs.

"Sorry.." I muttered patting her gently. "I got carried away.."

"You think?" Tessa snapped.

"OH HELL NO YOU DUMB B-"

"STOP IT JUST STOP IT!" shouted Karissa. "ALL I WANT TO DO IS PARTY OKAY? I DIDN'T GET ALL DRESS UP JUST TO HEAR YOU TWO YAP YAP ALL FREAKING NIGHT. I WANT A DRINK, I WANNA MAKE OUT WITH A RANDOM HOT GUY AND I WANNA HAVE FUN. JUST SHUT THE FREAKING HELL UP BOTH OF YOU BEFORE I RIP BOTH YOUR FREAKING HAIRS OUT, UNDERSTOOD!" Both Tessa stared at Karissa's random out burst and nodded our heads.

"Okay good" she smiled and suddenly got up. "Let's go girls!" she giggled. Getting up I stared at Karissa as she wiped her eyes.

"I'll be downstairs waiting!" she chirped and left. At that exact moment both Tessa and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"Oh man I can't breathe!" I laughed clutching my stomach.

"What was that?" laughed Tessa as tears rolled down her cheek.

"Talk about Spaz!" I laughed which got us laughing even more. About ten minutes later we stopped laughing.

"Oh.. oh... oh man that was too good" I grabbed my hip.

"Oh gosh my makeups ruined" Tessa wiped the black streaks going down her cheek.

"No you look good" I smiled.

"Really?" Tessa sounded hopeful.

"Yeah to be honest you do" I shrugged.

"Thanks Mercury" she grinned.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"7:28 why?"

"Oh crap!" I swore running out the room.

"Wait why?"

"Someone is picking me up" I shouted running into my room. Skipping to my closet I took off the heels, sighing from the relief, and put on some comfy flats I saved for special occasions.

Coming out of the room Tessa came out of nowhere.

"Woah you scared me!" I flinched back.

"Whose coming to pick you up?"

"A guy"

"A guy?"

"A guy"

"A guy??" she widened her eyes.

"Yes he has a pen-"

"Okay i get it" she cut in. "Who?"

"Why do you wanna know?" I frowned.

"Just curious since guys dont usually just come here to pick you up" she laughed rudely.

"What a way to just bluntly state that fact" I walked away from her.

"Who?" she raised her voice. "Tell me now Mercury!"

"First of all" I stopped halfway, "Why do you care Tessa?" I scowled.

"I'm-I'm just curious" she crossed her arms together stuttering.

"I don't want to start this again" I huffed. "Just leave it" I began going down the stairs again. Jumping off from the last three steps I ran over to one of the multiple closets in the house and grabbed a plain side bag.

"is he here?" Tessa trailed behind me. Ignoring here I went over to my backpack from school and took out my cellphone and other things depositing it into my bag.

"Is he here?" she demanded.

"Enough Tessa" I violently turned around to glare at her.

"What are you lieing for?" she snorted, "There's no way a guy would come for you" she put a hand on her hip.

Checking the wall clock in the living room I made my way over to the door and went out the door.

"Just where do you think you're going?" shouted Tessa. Turning around I grinned at her and waved.

"Where else a party?" I winked.

Weirdly enough as I made it to the parking lot of our house an unfamiliar car was parked behind the car both Tessa and I share. Grinning I made my way over to it and knocked on the tinted black window. The mirror slightly went down as I bended down.

"Did you order a large cheese pizze sir?"

"Now that I think about it I am getting hungry" chuckled a voice. Laughing along I heard a clicking sound indicating he unlocked the door.

"Aren't you a gentlemen?" I smirked getting into the passenger seat.

"I tr-" Kane stopped short as he stared at me. Frowning I took the awkward moment to put on my seatbelt.

"What?" I said. "Do I got a booger in my nose or something?"

"You sure do clean up good.." he spoke in a low voice.

"Yeah I just came back from the dog salon they really did do a good job" I nodded. Kane bursted out laughing and started to back up.

"Wait til Seb gets a load of this.." he murmured.

"Dude is this car what I think it is?" I gasped touching the comfortable leather arm rest. "An exclusive 20-20 model of the BMW?"

"You know about cars?" Kane raised his eyebrows.

"My dad worked/owned his own car shop, I would spend my whole summer helping him out"

"My father would be in love with you" Kane smiled.

"This leather from croatia?"

"Yeah how'd you know?" Kane asked surprised.

"I can smell it" I sniffed, "Plus you can't get quality leather like this from around here."

"Amen" he grinned.

"Big spender aren't you?"

"When it comes to cars you know it."

"God can I touch the steering wheel?" I pleaded.

"Go ahead" Kane chuckled. Extending my hand out I touched the rough snake skin pattern of the wheel.

"Is that withiker I feel?"

"Even better the ice burg palestanian"

"No!" I gasped.

"Imported straight from belguim"

"Dude talk about epic... but for a steering wheel?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Had to get it" Kane grinned. "Well here we are" he sighed.

"Oh were already here- OH MY GOD!" my jaw literally touched the ground as we got into the parking lot of Seb's house, I mean mansion.

"What in the name of mars?" I squeaked as we circled the huge fountain in front of his house. As we got out the car a man with a black suit came just as Kane gave him the keys and a tip.

"You got to be kidding me.." I breathed as I craned my neck to look up at the house. Music and chatter boomed inside from the house.

"Shall me" Kane put out his elbow. Blinking at first I interlocked my arm with his and walked into the castle.

I mean this house was ginormous It had like ten pillars as we walked into the house about twenty freaking rooms from what I can tell.

"What in the hell do Seb's parents do?" I asked in wonder.

"You should ask him yourself" Kane shrugged as we made our way to the centre of the party.

The house was filled to the top with people, I mean it was packed. People were dancing around, music flaring creating heat waves, girls rubbing against guys, drinks plus everything a party could have and more.

"And his parents just let him?" I looked around wincing from the powerful music blast.

"His parents travel every chance they get" Kane shouted against the music

"I'm guessing all the time" I nodded my head

"Yup" Kane sighed coming closer so I could hear him.

"Where is he? I'm already getting sick of this party" I shouted.

"Follow me" Kane grabbed my hand. Dragging me across the room full of people we finally made it to the other side of the house where a huge stair well exposed up to the first floor. I stared at the ceiling to find a huge chandelier with bright amazing lights.

"You sure he's there?" I watched the house in wonder.

"Yeah c'mon" Kane intruded on for me to follow. THANK THE LORD I wore flats I would've died wearing heels.

By the time we made it up stairs my thighs were burning from the workout. This damn retched house is loaded, I tought. This guy is loaded! I raised my eyebrows.

Following Kane he opened a huge wooden oak door to lead me into a room that was basically the size of my house. There laid Seb on his bed throwing a tennis ball at Travis who played catch with him along with another guy I didn't know.

"Were here!" said Kane as came in.

"Well FINALLY-" Seb nearly fell off the bed as he stared at me along with Travis who unknowingly threw the tennis ball and hit Seb in the house.

"Who's this?" said Seb expressionless.

"It's NIrvana"

"What?" said Travis.

"Are you trying to play games with me Kane? Did she put you up to this?" hissed Seb.

"Dude calm down its me" I rolled my eyes, "I'm here I don't got all day" I tapped my foot on the ground.

For two minutes straight Seb along with Travis and the other stranger just stared at me as i stood there awkwardly.

"For the love of god!" I threw my hands up into the air.

"Who told you to dress up like that?" Seb glared.

"What kind of idiotic question is that?" I glared back. Seb blinked several times and blushed. Travis got off the chair and came my way. I frowned at him as he poked my cheek awkwardly.

"You look different, but in a cute way" he smiled exposing a dimple I never seen before.

"Well thanks" I smiled back. "You look quite dashing too" I grinned.

"I try" he winked smiling sheepishly making me laugh.

"Stop your flirting and lets get on with the buisness" snapped Seb.

"Stop neighing and hurry up then!" I could ear Seb rolling his eyes as I made my way to a nearby chair and overlapped my leg over the other.

"Speak" I moved my head.

"First of all don't speak to me like that" he snapped, "And second of all speak when spoken to"

"What is this star wars?" I snorted.

"Anyway I invited you today to redeem yourself" Seb cleared his voice. I stared as Seb as I got weird vibes coming from the three other people in the room staring at me.

"Go on.." I murmured.

"I have a proposition" said Seb, before I could open my mouth he went on. "Not about you paying my damages, but about something else..."

"Okay I'm liking this so far go on" I slightly smiled. Seb took a deep shaky breath. Once again I couldn't help, but feel a weird vibe coming from the other guys.

"I need to you to pretend to be my girlfriend for two months" he quickly said.

"WHAT?" I shouted.

"I'll pay you"

"DO I LOOK LIKE THAT TYPE OF GIRL? HUH- Oh.... how much?" I curiously asked.

"We can negoiate the amount, but-"

"40 dollars an hour"

"What?" snapped Seb, "Hell no 15"

"40" I demanded.

"15"

"40"

"20!"

"50"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING HIGHER FOR?"

"30 and no higher"

"Deal" Seb agreed. I got up from my chair and shook Seb's hand.

"Well this sucks!" Kane snorted taking out some money from his pocket.

"I lost.." murmured the guy I didn't know.

"WOO-HOO! JACKPOT BABY!" cheered Travis taking the money.

"You betted on me Travis?" I whispered, "How could you?" I pouted.

"Oh um-um I'm-i'm sorry NIrvana I can give it back you know..." Travis muttered looking sad.

"You better give me half" I grinned, "HIGH-FIVE!" Travis bursted out laughing and returned the high-five.

"I really thought you would say no..." Kane frowned.

"I'm broke" I shrugged, "Plus this is easy money"

"You really don't know what you got yourself into did you?" Kane chuckled.

"I'll meet you tommorow at lunch" sighed Seb, "Be sure to meet me at the... um"

"Library" I nodded.

"Why the library?"

"Who in the hell would think you would go to the library?" I exclaimed.

"True" Seb shrugged. "For now this is only between you and me, alright?"

"As long as I get paid buddy, as long as I get paid"

"What you want to do? That stupid pinky promise of yours" Seb glared standing in front of me.

"If you really want too?" I grinned.

"Let's go Nirvana" Travis tugged me backwards.

"To where?"

"I wanna dance"

"I can't dance" I nodded my head fast.

"C'mon I'll teach you" Travis grinned.

"That's sad" Seb chuckled.

"Well think about it like this Seb just like you can't read I can't dance, simple as that."

"I loathe your sarcasm"

"I officially made it opposite day so thank you" I winked.

"C'mon!" Travis shouted, "I'll meet you downstairs" he left along with Kane and the other guy.

"Sure!" I waved. Turning around I brought both my hands to my waist and looked up at Seb who still glared at me.

"If you 'loathe' me so much why are you asking me to be your fake girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

"You seem to fit the part of disaster" he leaned in closer,"The more we spend time together the better."

"Why may I ask?"

"When it comes to being my fake girlfriend the less you know about me the better."

"Well thats about it" I titled my head, " I might not know much about you now, but the more we spend together obviously we'll slowly get to know eachother"

"I wouldn't bet on it" Seb smirked.

"What do your parents want from you?" I asked lowering my voice. Seb didn't answer the question and stood silent for a couple of seconds.

"If you answer this questioon I won't bother asking you anymore personal ones" I whispered.

"They want me to marry one of my dads buisness partner/family friends daughter after Highschool." He finally admitted.

"Wow" I raised both my eyebrows shocked. "That's horrifying"

"Yeah" he sighed combing his hair backwards.

"So dating me... well 'fake' dating me will do what?"

"When they hear about me dating-"

"When was the last time you dated?" I cut in.

"Never"

"Seriously?"

"I'm not really into relationships."

"Hence the whole bad body persona" I crossed my arms together.

"If you say so" Seb smiled.

"So let me guess... if they hear about you getting into a relationship they'll freak?"

"Partly"

"So what do we do for these two upcoming months?" I questioned.

"You think you can create hell with me?"

"As long as it doesn't interfere with school and I don't get arressted I assure you I can" I smirked. "Plus I need some fun in my life" I shrugged.

"I can do that" Seb grinned exposing his rare set of teeth.

"I'm serious about the whole school and getting in trouble" I glared.

"I promise" Seb smiled softly, "Matter of factly I pinky promise" he extended out his pinky.

"You serious?" I snorted.

"Hey you started this whole pinky promise thing" Seb blushed slightly. "Do it before I change my mind about paying you."

"Fine" I rolled my eyes and took his pinky with my own.

"Firsts things first..." suddenly stopped Seb, "Would you allow me if I kissed you?" questioned Seb.

"HA!" I rolled my eyes, "A hundred bucks for kissing!" I pouted my lips.

"Yeah right" Seb frowned rolling his eyes. "I know chicks who'll do it for free"

"Twenty bucks for the cheek"

"You're cheap you know that?" he scolded.

"Hey I'm not that ones whose loaded." I giggled. "When do you wanna start this whole ordeal?" I asked.

"Let's go downstairs and go out with a bang."

"You wanna fake cuddle and keep hugging each other like those corny couples do?" I grinned.

"Your one step ahead of me" he chuckled, "Hold my hand as we go downstairs" I grabbed Seb's hand as we walked out the room.

"Ready when you are 'babe'?'" I smirked enjoying this more then I should.

"Let's go" Seb devilishly grinned as we made it down to the party.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi guys! It is offically 2 am at night for me and I just finished this. I was so eager to upload this because its one of my favorite chapters. Really didn't I tell you guys this is where its gets fun? The fact Mercury isn't annoying and is actually going along for the ride just makes it even more fun :)

I'm having a blast writing this story! I really am lol, um I'm sorry to say I won't be uploading for this story for awhile... erm maybe even a week who knows. The one thing I hate is depriving my readers lol it really kills me! I like uploading every 2 days for you... but sadly to say when winter break comes the uploading will be times by two... I really do apologize.

But just to make it clear I will NEVER EVER upload like a month later. Like who am I? Freaking Oprah. If I was I could get away with it, but no I'm just a 13 year old canadian girl lol.

So once again I am dead tired. Sanazay gave me her pass to upload this :) so yay for her! and might I say I saw the guessed for her nam and I laughed! I saw this one person say sanidpidity? lool I dont know but it made me laugh!

So since you guys are already voting I dont have to tell you guys to vote :) but it's much appreciated it, and you're comments are exciting to read. I love the fact some of you users have conversations :D keep doing what you're doing.

Sorry I blabbed (jingle jangle lol)

p.s i'm thinking this chapter is long.... sorry if it is :s please tell me below if you dont mind longer chapters... if you do I sincerly apologize and cut back! :P

-Maya-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The One By belle

Teen Fiction

633 18 32
"At that moment, i knew he was the one."
1.4K 143 55
About a girl who never thought she would find that right guy. Until she met Hayes Grier.
55.1K 3.7K 40
In his mind, she's everything. In her mind, she's nothing.
255K 22.6K 61
Doing what 20 year old Nasiem deemed as right, put him in a tough situation. Quickly teaching him a little something about life.