Remember My Name

By yejinhandlands

When Dr. Son Ye Jin resurfaced in Dr. Hyun Bin's hospital in Korea, he didn't know what else to do. Can the t... More

1 - Straight from New York
2 - Drunken Musings
3 - The Happy Hormones
4 - The Stockroom on the 6th Floor
6 - Back to School
7 - Thirteen Hours Ahead
8 - Dominant Allele
9 - Twenty Questions
10 - First Date
11 - Green Eyed
12 - House No. 1125
13 - Transient Fatigue
14 - Cravings in Life
15 - Raging Hormones
16 - Everything in Between
17 - Sweet Deviations
Special Chapter - Don't Leave
Epilogue - Remind You Everyday
Special Chapter: A Week with the Hyuns (I)

5 - Save Me, Doctor

12.3K 388 135
By yejinhandlands

When Yejin opened her eyes, the unfamiliar ceiling made her panic—only to calm down three seconds later, remembering vividly how she was not in her own apartment. It dawned to her how they stayed until 2 AM in the stockroom, talking a little and not talking a lot.

When they felt exhausted, Dr. Hyun offered her a ride, and since she doesn't have a car yet, she went ahead and took his offer. But little did she know that they shouldn't be left together in enclosed spaces just yet, because the minute they reached the parking lot to their apartment, they were full on making out. Like sex-crazed teenagers. They looked at each other's eyes, and they immediately went out of the car, into his apartment.

And that's the reason why the ceiling she's looking at now is unfamiliar.

Dr. Son clasped the blanket tightly over her body. Her bare shoulders are showing, so she pulled the blanket for more coverage. On the other end of the blanket was Dr. Hyun, who was still sleeping soundly. Her successful attempt at pulling the blanket and wrapping herself with it meant the opposite for Dr. Hyun, whose torso and thighs are now exposed for display. The only thing that's covered in him is his thing.

Her eyes widened as she realized that he was naked underneath, just as she is.

'Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Yejin! Do not look at him or you might go blind!' Her continuing pleas were however contradicted by herself, because five seconds later and she was ready to give up her sense of sight for a short peak.

He looked like someone who spent two hours a day in the gym. Yejin wondered, since when did he become so muscular, and where did he get the time to work out?

She stared at the toned muscles in his biceps.. Down to his pecs.. And down to his rock hard six pack that was calling her, 'Yejin! Touch me!'

She shook her head, trying to knock some sense into her.

'Stop looking, Yejin! Stop!' She thought to herself, but looking anyway. Her mouth was left agape when she saw something she shouldn't have seen. The blanket was covering it, but still. 'Oh. Someone's awake. REALLY AWAKE.'

Dr. Hyun felt a cold brush of air in his thigh. He opened his eyes, but was still dozy. He saw that he was barely covered, so he grabbed the blanket and slightly pulled it into him. When a force on the other end disallowed him, the memories of last night immediately dawned on him. He looked at the woman beside him, and she looked away because of embarrassment.

They played that little game of blanket tug of war to cover themselves.

"Ya," Dr. Son said, and Dr. Hyun looked at her, "I need to go now.."

"Sure," he said simply.

"Uhm," Her eyes roamed around the room, scanning for something, "Have you seen my clothes?"

She sat on the bed, still holding the blanket over her body, but leaving her back bare.

"I can't remember where you removed it," Bin said, to which Yejin replied, "You. You removed it, remember?"

"Oh, yeah.." Dr Hyun spaced out for a moment to think, "It's probably in the living room."

"Right." The two doctors are enveloped in awkwardness, contrary to the feeling of familiarity that enveloped them during the night they spent together.

"I need to... get it." Yejin said, slowly pulling the blanket once again. Bin pulled it back.

"I already saw that," He failed to stifle a naughty chuckle, "Why are you so shy?"

"Ya!" Yejin said, color draining her face due to embarrassment. As a response, she pulled the blanket in great force, and Dr. Hyun urgently held the blanket in his end. An evil smile formed at her lips and she said, "I already saw that. Why are you so shy?"

His sheepish smile turned into a shy one, "Take the blanket. I need to go to the bathroom anyway." He said, "Don't look!"

Dr. Hyun removed the part of the blanket that's covering him, and went to the bathroom, naked.

Yejin was stunned sitting in the bed, because she didn't get to close her eyes on time. She would like to pray after what she saw.

-

She looked around his apartment for her stuff, and she found them scattered. Her blouse was in the kitchen counter, her skirt was on his sofa, her bra was thrown on the floor, and her panties are....

Missing. "Damn where is it?"

Suddenly, a ringtone that she recognized as hers echoed in his living room. It was a text from the chief.

Good morning, Dr. Son.

Senator Jang informed me that his daughter needs a second opinion on her course of treatment. I sent her records to your office, I need you to personally handle this case. Please come by at 9:00.

She looked at the clock: 7:50. She immediately put on her blouse and skirt and left his apartment, completely forgetting about the underwear she couldn't locate.

Thank God the walk of shame was only 10 steps.

-

Forty-five minutes later, Yejin hurriedly opened her door, only seeing Bin about to knock.

"OH MY GOD! You scared me Dr. Hyun!"

"Sorry. I was just going to ask if you want a ride," he said, "I'm on my way to the hospital."

Dr. Son hesitated for a moment, but upon seeing the time, she obliged.

"And I believe this is yours." Dr. Hyun said, raising a black lacy underwear in his hand.

Dr. Son snatched the garment from him, "pervert."

"Says the one who left her panties at my place." He just laughed, much to her annoyance.

-

The car ride to the hospital was rather quiet. No one dared to speak about what happened to them last night. After she told him that she still loves him, she didn't get a reply in words but rather, she got his reply by the way he held her, by the way he kissed her.

She brushed off her thoughts. She knew that whatever may happen to their personal lives, they would still be professional to each other at work. That's a given— well, last night's scream fest was an exception.

For their relationship, the ball is in his court.

She came back to Korea for him anyway and she waited for 7 years for this. A little more waiting wouldn't kill her.

"Can we talk about last night..?" Bin said, out of nowhere. Yejin's heart skipped a beat but faltered instantly when she heard the continuation, "About the patient," he added.

"Oh. Yeah, sure." She said, unable to say anything other than her monosyllabic babbles.

"I'll order a blood test to be sure, and let's talk about her course of treatment once we get the result."

"Yeah," she replied.

When they reached the hospital, Dr. Son thanked Dr. Hyun for the ride as they went their separate ways.

-

Dr. Son hurriedly went to her office to study the medical records that the chief sent her.

Something's not right, she thought to herself. After noticing something, she grabbed her white coat and went to the patient's room with the medical record.

The sound that her stilettos made caught the attention of everyone in the room. She saw that the chief was already inside talking with the senator, so she politely introduced herself to everyone.

"Good morning, Chief. Good morning, Senator." Dr. Son held out her hand, "I'm Dr. Son Ye Jin."

The chief introduced her to the VIP in the room, "Dr. Son was a Peds Attending in New York Presbyterian Hospital, and she graduated first of her class in Hopkins." Dr. Son just offered a humble smile as she shook the senator's hand.

She then turned to the little girl sitting in the bed, "Hi, Pretty. What's your name?"

"I am Yu ri, Doctor." the little girl smiled cheerfully. After their brief introductions, she began expressing her concern for the child's course of treatment.

She explained to her father, "..I don't think that what her previous doctor prescribed was the best course of treatment for her. She already had 11 bowel resections, and she's only 8 years old. And her doctor wants to do another bowel resection?" She asked.

"Yes, doctor. That was why we looked for a second opinion."

"I'm surprised he followed this course of treatment for so long. It clearly wasn't working." She said, looking at the records once again. "Her case is quite severe, so I dont think stricturoplasty will work. Most of her bowel is dead and the liver is cirrhotic.

"What are you suggesting, doctor?" The senator asked.

"We should put her in the transplant list as soon as possible" Dr. Son replied. Glancing at her watch, she realized it's time to go.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry but I have to go." She said, "l have another surgery."

-

Dr. Son just got out of five-hour surgery when she saw her pager. She hurriedly went to find Dr. Bin as he had just told her that he has Hae Young's blood result.

When she found him in the attendings' lounge, he was sitting on the dining table sipping his coffee, already reading the blood test results. He smiled at her and handed her the piece of paper while she analyzed it. "You're right. She has Cor Pormunale."

"So what are we gonna do?" Dr. Son said, sitting adjacent from him.

Completely ignoring what she asked, he told her, "I bought you coffee," He then took out the cup of coffee from the paper bag in the seat next to him and placed it at her side, "You look tired."

"Oh," she said, taking the coffee he gave her, she took a sip of the coffee in front of her and her eyes immediately lit up."This is my usual! Wow, coffee from Korea really tastes better."

She took a sip once more. And again. And again. "How did you know about my coffee, Dr. Hyun?"

"White mocha latte with two shots of espresso and two pumps of syrup." He said, looking proud of himself. "We were together for eight years, Dr. Son. We lived together. I know everything about you, and I know you like your coffee sweet."

Dr. Son looked at him with soft eyes, unable to reply to anything he said. As he drank his coffee, she said, "Is that Cafe americano?"

He nodded.

"You should taste mine. It's great. Sweet." She offered her cup to him to which he declined. "I'm good," he said.

Minutes after and she almost finished her coffee, "I almost forgot," he uttered as he pulled out another box from the bag. The delicious smell lingered in the air as Yejin said, "Is that what I think it is? Omo!"

It was a box of fried chicken from her favorite korean restaurant, "Is this for me?" She said and in disbelief, and when he nodded, she replied "I missed this so much! Thank you Bin."

Bin shook his head as if from disapproval, "What did New York Presbyterian do to you?" Dr. Hyun said, citing the last hospital she worked at, "You lost a lot of weight."

Yejin immediately took one piece and started eating it. In between bites, she said, "I'm sorry I was just so hungry, I just got off a five-hour surgery," Bin smiled at her and nodded, as if urging her to eat some more.

She looked like she's gonna bawl her eyes out, because Bin remembered how she liked her coffee, and he bought her favorite food.

Before Yejin could thank Bin once again, he started, "Test result shows Hae Young has Eisenmenger's complex. We could repair her VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) and put her on ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) but...."

She continued, "But without a heart and lung transplant.. She might not make it."

Dr. Son held a grim expression on her face, thinking for an appropriate solution, "I'm going to put her on the transplant list, and you start her IV medications, doctor."

"Will do." Bin said, reassuring her, "Hey.. We'll do everything we can, okay?"

-

Dr. Hyun was in front of OR 3 reviewing a chart when Dr. Son passed by on her way to OR 4. She stopped in her tracks and greeted him. "What are you having?"

"Heart valve replacement." He returned the warm smile she gave him, "you?"

"Hepatoportoenterostomy," She said, tying her scrub cap in her head.

It was their simple thing, asking about each other's surgeries when they saw each other looking tired in the hospital.

Dr. Hyun noticed that Dr Son is having a hard time tying her scrub cap because some of her hair got in the way, so Dr. Hyun slowly turned her around and tied it for her.

She immediately felt the electricity when he held her shoulders to turn her. It didn't matter that she was wearing her another two layers of garment underneath. When he touched her, she can feel his touch burn in her skin. His fingers lightly brush against her nape, making her jolt.

That 5 seconds felt like eternity, and she was thrown back to reality when she felt a hot breath near her ear, "All done," he said.

She almost blurted 'BUT WHY?' to the man behind him. Good thing she stopped herself.

"Thanks," she softly said as she awkwardly walked away into her OR. She didn't look back at him, or who knows what could have happened.

-

Yejin went home after her surgery, the hassle of taking cabs around is taking a toll on her. She made a mental note to call the agent in the car dealership to follow up her purchase. She needed it as soon as possible since she wanted to go home to Daegu.

Before she went to bed, she called their phone in her hometown and a man's voice answered three rings later.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Yejin-ah?", said the man from the other line.

"Abeoji!" Yejin greeted enthusiastically, "How are you?"

"We're good, we're good. How about you?"

"Tired from work, as usual." She said, "I wanted to go visit you in Daegu but my schedule is so hectic, Appa."

"It's okay, Yejin-ah. We understand."

"Appa, I want to talk to her," Yejin said. "Is she there?"

"Sorry, she's already sleeping," her father trailed off, "Should I wake her?"

"No, Appa. Let her sleep," Yejin looked at the clock that showed 9:45 pm, "She must be tired. I'll just call her tomorrow. Take care, Appa."

She ended the call and went to bed.

-

When she woke up the next day, she immediately fixed herself and headed out. She dropped by her favorite coffee shop and ordered her usual.

She entered the attendings' lounge only to see Dr. Hyun in there, lying on the sofa, still in his scrubs, arms folded on the back of his head. He looked like he just woke up.

"Early morning?" She asked as she sipped in her coffee.

"Late night. I slept only for.." he looked at his wrist watch, calculating how many hours he indeed slept in this sofa, "2 hours. And a half."

Dr. Hyun sat on the sofa and told her, "MVC (Motor Vehicle Collision) came in last night when I was about to end my shift. Patient had a ruptured aorta so we need to have an open heart surgery. Took us 6 hours."

Dr. Hyun failed to stifle another yawn, so he stood up and walked towards her direction. He looked at her with his wistful eyes and he added, "And I have 4 scheduled surgeries for today."

"Whoah," Yejin said, in awe of his stamina. "Good luck! Drink your coffee." Yejin said as she sipped some of hers.

The minute the coffee cup left her lips, another set of lips found hers. She remained wide eyed as she felt Dr. Hyun kiss her, tasting the combination of the sweet coffee and her sweet lips. His arms wrapped around her torso, and his hands found their place at her back, supporting her from falling.

She recovered from her shock and not a second later, she kissed him back. But the moment she did, he stopped. Much to her annoyance.

"Thanks for that coffee fix." he said, walking towards the door, "Very sweet."

She was left dumbfounded for almost three minutes. Thank God there are no other people inside the lounge.

Did the anesthesiologist mistakenly shoot him with general anesthesia? WHY WAS HE ACTING CRAZY? She thought to herself. Not that she doesn't like it.

"Aish! I swear he's turning me into an 18 year old again!"

-

Dr. Hyun just finished his 3rd surgery for the day when a resident doctor came running into him, "Dr. Hyun, I just came by to inform you that my patient is asking for you."

"Did you bring her chart? I need to take a look."

The resident trailed off, "We don't need a consult, she just wants to see you. She said you know her."

"What's her name?"

"Lee Young Hye, Sir." the resident said. Dr. Hyun thought for a moment, remembering where he knew that name from. Not recalling anything, he told the resident, "I'll come by later. What's her room number?"

After sorting some stuff in his office first, he went to the patient's room.

The patient looked at him and excitement was evident in her face, "Bin!!!"

There he saw an old woman in her late 70's, lying on the bed watching TV. He immediately recognized her despite how much her face aged.

"Ahjumma!" Dr. Hyun said, excited to see her, "How are you? It's been years!"

"I know!" Young Hye agreed, sitting up on her bed, "I'm doing great, but I have a scheduled cholecystectomy with Dr. Ma tomorrow."

Dr. Hyun quickly paged Dr. Son so she could see her as well.

"Are you taking care of yourself?" Dr. Hyun asked her, "How was the restaurant? It's been a while since I visited there!"

"Well, I'm still strong! The restaurant is now being managed by my son, but I cook there every once in a while."

Dr. Hyun saw Dr. Son's face peeked through the glass on the door. When she saw him, she immediately went inside. Her eyes lit up when she recognized the woman in bed. She threw her arms around her, hugging her, but careful enough not to crush the old lady.

"Ahjumma!!! I missed you!"

"Yejin-ah, how are you?" She hugged her back, as the two exchanged regards.

Dr. Hyun looked at her chart, and despite ahjumma's cheerful demeanor as they saw both of them, she must have been in terrible pain.

"Bin, could you ask someone to bring me another blanket. Why is it so cold in here?" Bin called an intern outside the room, and asked him to get Ahjumma a spare blanket.

The intern just scratched the back of his head. "Sir, I don't know where the stock room is."

Yejin choked.

"Ya, are you okay Yejin-ah?" she just nodded, but her crimson red face told them otherwise.

"6th floor, east wing." Dr. Hyun instructed the intern, careful not to glance at Dr. Son.

After a few moments, Ahjumma exclaimed, "Ya! You two! why didn't you visit me when you graduated?"

Dr. Hyun and Dr. Son exchanged glances and they both offered a weak smile to the old lady.

Ahjumma was the owner of a restaurant beside their university. She cooks a very delicious Samgyetang— her dishes give off a homey feel, capturing the hearts of students in the university. Among their regulars were Yejin and Bin, who at least eat thrice a week in her restaurant. It instantly became the couple's favorite food during their time in the university.

Ahjumma's restaurant is a witness of the love they both shared. They have been going to the restaurant ever since they started dating during their pre-med years. Her restaurant has become a part of their relationship, and she basically become their second mother who cooks for them anytime of the day.

"Ya, I'm still mad at you both," she trailed off, "Why didn't you invite me to your wedding? How long have you two kids been married?"

Yejin just looked at Ahjumma, unable to speak. Her words sank deep in her heart, making her question every decision she has made—every what if.

Dr. Hyun put an arm in her waist and slightly pulled her closer, "6 years now, Ahjumma."

-

When they finished catching up, Dr. Son and Dr. Hyun left her room.

"I'm sorry I told her we're married," Dr. Hyun said coldly to Dr. Son, "I just think it would be best for her not to feel any stress at the moment. You know how much she loves us,"

"I understand." Dr. Son gave her a warm smile, but his thoughts have been bothering him since he brought out the whole married-for-six-years thing. He returned the smile (albeit somehow forced) and he left.

He sat in his office, thinking about that moment when she said she still loves him.

He should be celebrating right now. The moment he has been waiting for almost 7 years has already happened. God knows how much he wants to take her back because he loves her so much.

But it didn't change the fact that the past 7 years happened. He was in hell for many years, but he managed to pull himself out of that.

If they get back together and if they experienced the bliss of being back together again, the constant fear of her leaving again will haunt him—and if she does leave, he doesn't know how he will spend every waking minute without her again.

In the middle of his thoughts, Bin felt a little light-headed. He had been in the hospital since yesterday, surgeries after surgeries, and it took a toll on his body. He called one of the attendings on the Cardiothoracic department if they could do the next surgery instead of him, because he was dead tired and unable to function anymore.

He changed into his clothes and went home to his much needed break.

-

When he arrived, he immediately took a shower.

He tried to sleep but couldn't. He was restless and exhausted, yet slumber wouldn't claim him. Wearing his boxer shorts and his white shirt, he grabbed a bottle of beer from his fridge and relaxed in front of his TV as he watched a Hollywood movie.

His doorbell rang. Who would visit him at this time of the night?

When he opened the door, it revealed Dr. Son smiling widely, holding up a plastic bag full of grocery items. "Have you eaten dinner?" She asked. When he shook his head, she entered his apartment uninvited saying, "you shouldn't skip dinner, Bin."

Yejin placed the grocery bag in the kitchen counter, "I heard you let Dr. Park take over your transmyocardial revascularization. Are you okay?"

"I think I'm just exhausted." He said, sitting on his sofa while she fiddled through the grocery items she brought. Bin was initially confused as to why she has those, but it has become obvious that she will be cooking. "I've been in the hospital for almost a day and a half. My brain couldn't function properly anymore."

"Can I use your kitchen?" She asked, to which he nodded. She brought out ginseng, garlic, chicken, and many others, "I'm cooking you Samgyetang!"

-

It was the saltiest dish he had ever tasted. But it was from her, so he gulped the soup like it was the most delicious thing in Korea. Kidney be damned.

"Was it good?" She asks.

It took all his willpower to nod and smile.

"I rarely cook, so you should feel special."

"I know. I was the one who cooked for us before." He said, reminiscing their memories.

When he finished, Yejin sat on his couch and he sat beside her. She flipped through the channels and they decided to watch a variety show.

But Bin felt his exhaustion once again so he rests his head on the sofa. Yejin noticed it so she slightly moved and said, "you can rest your head on my lap,"

And he did. He lied on the sofa with his head on her lap,eyes closed, while she continued watching TV.

Her eyes roamed around his living room, and she saw several awards and certificates on his shelf. She almost didn't see the familiar photo hanging on the wall.

It was their picture when they graduated medical school. Bin was carrying her at his back while both of them raised their diplomas.

When everything was good.

Her eyes welled, but she wiped it abruptly before the tears fell, careful enough not to disturb a peaceful Bin in her lap.

"Yejin-ah, what are we doing?" Bin asked, still with eyes closed.

It hit her. What are they really doing? She was unable to reply. She didn't know what to say. All she knows is that she's sorry for everything she did, and she wants him back.

However, he goes back and she goes forth. He's hot and she's cold. She pushes and he pulls. Why can't they meet at the same side? Why is life so cruel for the people who just wanted to be happy?

Yejin brushed her fingers in his hair, "I love you, Bin. After all these years I still do.." She said, her voice breaking, "..But I also know how much I hurt you. I know how much you suffered because of my selfishness. This is why I'm back here, Bin. I wanted to say sorry. I wanted to make it up to you. I want to at least fix what I broke. I hope I'm not yet too late."

She stared at his face that laid in her lap. His eyes were shut, but she can see the tears that are about to fall. She caressed his face and softly wiped his tears.

"I love you, Yejin-ah." he said, still not opening his eyes. He knew he wouldn't be able to do this if he looked at the face of the only woman he ever truly loved, "..and I hope we can go back to everything like it was before. I hope we can just simply press the play button to resume where we paused."

"We can't, can we?" She said, to which he just gave her a weak smile.

"Yejin-ah, I love you, and I will do everything for you.. For us." Bin now opened his eyes and met Yejin's, "..But I also want to be able to say the same for myself."

She nodded, unable to say anything in response.

"The minute you called me, Yejin, even if it's as trivial as getting a simple consult for a surgery, I was ready to risk it all again for you. " Bin said, "..and I was ready to jump back down that hole again if that meant I could have a minute with you. I was terrified Yejin, because I realized that I can gamble myself again that easily when it comes to you."

Bin now sat up and held her hand, "You're my everything, but I want to be able to come to you with the same love for myself as I do for you."

"I can give you all the time you need, Bin."

"I'm not leaving Yejin-ah, and please don't leave me too. Let's stay like this for now. Colleagues? Friends? I don't know what to call us. All I know is that I don't want to lose you again even for a second."

Bin stood up, held her hand and lead her in his room.

Bin knelt beside the bed and opened his drawer, looking for something. At this point, Yejin was confused already about what to do.

SHOULD I LIE ON THE BED? SHOULD I REMOVE MY DRESS? SHOULD I START KISSING HIM? WHAT?

Thank God she didn't do any of these things, otherwise she would have begged the earth to swallow her whole.

Because when Bin stood up, he was holding a small box.

Fuck.

And when he opened it, her knees literally weakened and her heart started to palpitate, thank goodness the bed was there to catch her.

WHY IN THE WORLD IS BIN HOLDING A RING?

"BIN!" Yejin exclaimed, with both her hands covering her mouth. She stared at the ring with disbelief. It was the most beautiful ring she has ever seen. Situated in the middle was the diamond, representing Bin's desire to spend his eternity with her.

"I'm not gonna propose to you, Yejin-ah." Bin chucked a little.

"What?" She said softly. The tone in her voice was evident, but whether its disappointment, relief, or happiness, she can't know for sure.

Bin pulled her once again, asking her to stand up. Bin turned Yejin around and she shivered as she felt his hot breath on her nape once again.

"This was the ring I bought 7 years ago when I was supposed to propose to you." Her knees wobbled once again, but thankfully a tall figure was supporting her from behind. Thousand what ifs flooded her mind once again.

He moved her hair on one side as he unclasped the necklace from her neck. She felt her heart skip a beat when he planted a wet kiss on where the chain used to be. She stood there, motionless. After a few moments, she felt the chain on her neck once again, but it weights differently. She brushed her fingers on her neck and she felt the ring there.

The piece of jewelry that was supposed to lie on her finger was now hanging above her chest, much closer to her heart— and she wouldn't have it any other way.

Bin turned Yejin to face him and said, "I'm going to marry you, Yejin-ah. We might not know when, but I will." Bin kissed her in the forehead, "Always remember that I love you. I just wanted to be able to love myself too, with you by my side."

Yejin grabbed his face and kissed him. A kiss that will remind him how much she loves him too.

"Be patient with me, okay? I just need more time to heal, so that I can come to you whole."

-

Yejin and Bin were lying on Bin's bed, talking about nothing and everything. His room was filled with laughter as they caught up with each other's lives.

Bin held the ring on her chest, "Did you know how expensive this is? I spent my savings with this ring. I was broken and literally broke when you left!" He laughed, and Yejin didn't know if she's gonna laugh with him or cry because she was again reminded of the pain she caused him.

"I'm just trying to make you smile," Bin hugged her tight, "I'm just glad you're back here in my arms."

"I am too."

They were not each other's fiance, they were not lovers, but they were Yejin and Bin who love each other.

And for them it was more than enough.

—-

A/N

IM SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!

I had so many feels writing this, but.... here it is! BINJIN NO LABEL 😭
Again, special thanks to Grey's for the medical cases.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR BIN AND YEJIN'S VISUALS! ❤️
@yejinhandlands
—-

BONUS

Yejin looked at Bin's arm as he shredded the chicken in his plate. His veins popped due to his strong grasp in his spoon.

She seductively traced the vein in his arm, making Bin shiver. "Do you know what this is?" Yejin whispered.

Bin gulped when he felt her hot breath in his ear.

"This is the median cubital vein.." she said, "This is the best vein to extract blood with....Let me practice on you, Love."

"Ya!" Bin snatched her arm from his girlfriend, and she laughed hard.

Bin called the woman in front of them serving food to the other people inside the restaurant, "Ahjumma! Yejin wants to experiment with my body again!"

Yejin hit Bin lightly, embarrassed at how dirty that sounded. The other customers in the restaurant looked at the couple, and the two are just enveloped with laughter.

Ahjumma just laughed together with the couple. "Ya, when will you two become doctors? I'm sick of paying! Hurry up so I can have my free check-ups!"

They laughed again as she went back to her kitchen.

"Love, I understand that you're a MedTech student and you want to draw my blood to practice," Bin said, "But I'm a biology major, would you want me to dissect you?!"

"I was just kidding!" Yejin just wrapped Bin in his embrace, as their laughter filled ahjumma's restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 1.4K 41
Well by now my writing style is well developed and even I like what I wrote. Apparently over 19K do to. Thank you!!!šŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œ Jungkook is a ha...
19.3K 1.4K 5
Sometimes you don't realize that the person you have been looking for all your life is the one right in front of you. Story Cover Ā© @chumchururum
14.1K 712 18
Kim Tae Pyung, a marine sergeant, would escort his intelligent urban civil engineer sweetheart, Son Eon Jin on a daunting journey to execute the city...
18.9K 745 22
Ever since the accident, things changed drastically for you. That night changed your marriage, your husband and your joy towards life. Now that every...