New Stars- BOOK 2 ADRIENNETTE...

By fangirling15051

As Adrien falls for Marinette, he wants to spend more and more time with his classmate, including as Chat Noi... More

New day.. And new students?
Forgetting
Initial consequences
Initial reactions part 2
Bad things and Bad thoughts
The dare
'Guys, just leave Lila, she's new,'
'I didn't kiss you, you kissed me!'
'HI mil- Agghh!'
'M'lady? M'lady!'
'You like her!'
"Because, you know you can always tell me, right?"
"Are we, erm, having a moment?"
"That's my ex-boyfriend!"
"It's a celebrity crush, not a real one!"
"It all starts with you,"
"M'l-ladybug? Where are you?"
"Why are you perving at my collarbones?"
IMPORTANT
"I hate lying,"
"Okay, we have a slight problem,"
BLM
lol

"Girls like that don't come along that often,"

2.2K 44 141
By fangirling15051

MARINETTE'S POV

I feel the wind blowing through my hair as I run across the rooftops, parallel to Chat, who grins at me. The feeling of carefreeness is so liberating and adrenaline courses through my body.

I love being ladybug.

"And I love being Chat Noir, milady," My companion says besides me.

Yes, i said that out loud.

As we slow down and walk towards the sounds of the screams, we quickly analyse the scene. Bricks are torn from buildings and rubble on the roads, cars fuming as people try to leave Paris. There's smears of charcoal and ash on the civilians faces, and some police cars strewn across the view, sirens blaring, some crashed, some upside down, some teetering and waiting helplessly for the fate gravity holds.

I think this is the first akuma where people are actually going to be injured. We're gonna have casualties, and even possibly deaths.

I try not to think of that too much, holding myself responsible for all that would be too much for me to digest and with the stress I have already, its not needed.

"I don't see her," Chat states the obvious, and I roll my eyes, "No shit, Sherlock,"

"Well, to a great mind, nothing is little,"

"Dear God! What is it like in your funny little brain? It must be so boring," I fire back.

"The devil's due a soul, I'd say," he retorts.

I just stare at him with disbelief.

"The game is afoot," I'm not letting him win.

"They were right about you, you're a bloody psychopath,"

"High functioning sociopath..with your number," I smirk as he gapes.

"Why are you doing this?" He slips out of character, but I can quote Sherlock in my sleep.

"I want to solve the problem.Our problem.The Final Problem.It's going to start very soon, Sherlock. The Fall.But don't be scared.Falling's just like flying except there's a more permanent destination,"

Chat understands my double meaning, "milady, please stop,"

"No," I step out of character for a second, "It's fun,"

"Why?" He despairs, and it's so funny to see him in denial.

Obviously, he's being melodramatic.

"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is the king, and honey, you should see me in a crown," I finish, "Ok, I'm done, but I can't quite believe that you watch Sherlock. Who knew that the stray cat actually has some good taste,"

"Ha ha very funny, bugaboo."

As I'm about to speak, a police officer stops by us, and Chat and I stop and exchange glances.

Maybe joking and punning was a tad inappropriate given the current situation we're in.

"Have you seen the akumatised victim?" My leather-clad partner asks.

The officer shakes his head, "She seems to vanish and reappear as she pleases. After causing some havoc, of course. Officer Gregory Jones," He shakes hands with Chat and I, "We've been trying to get our men to tame her, but she isn't budging,"

Chat huffs, rolling his eyes, "You can't 'tame' her, this an innocent girl who's vulnerable and being preyed on. She's not an animal,"

"I, erm, good point. Sorry. What I was meant to say is that we've been trying to rein the situation in but it isn't going well. And of course, it's a bit of a problem when we, the national police force, can't take control,"

We nod as he pauses, raking a hand through his greying hair.

"I understand that you're both teenagers and this situation must be very...eye-opening, i guess. But ultimately our faith lies in you guys,"

"Your faith? Because I'm pretty sure a couple months back when that darned book came out and people were rioting out here, you guys did nothing," Chat says.

"Chat!"

"Don't even try denying that, milady. I know you remember that as clear as I do,"

I can't even respond to that, and just look at Jones infront of us, who wears an unreadable expression.

"Yeah, I...well I can't exactly respond to that. Though, just to clarify, concerns were raised, I'm only in charge of this district. My point is, well, we ought to be working as a team to combat this akuma, and just all of the dangers to the parisians in general. I'm sure you know that the police force isn't..doesn't exactly have the right approach to tackling incidents round here.."

"Understatement," I say, thinking back to the numerous incidents where the police were nowhere to be found.

"I know, I know. But I think, well maybe we can partner up in a way. You both have the key skills and can defeat the akuma, obviously, which is what we lack, and we have the resources and can help minimise impact,"

Chat and I exchange glances for the umpteenth time.

"What do you think, milady?"

"I think it's good, chaton," We shake hands with the officer, who looks more relieved than anything else, "there is one condition though,"

"Name it,"

"We want some credit for what we've done," I say, and my partner nods in agreement, "We just wanna get some recognition for what we do,"

"Done. Well, the akuma isn't here as of yet, but we can be sure to let you know when we see any signs of her. If you guys wanna leave, then that's understandable, I mean you're still young, so live your lives because you'll remember these days," he smiles reminiscently, "But feel free to stay around and help if you want. The other officers may not take a liking to you, but just mention my name, and you can call for me in a worse to worst situation,"

"As much as I'd love to help, I've got other commitments as well...I mean, it's an important day in my civilian life, so I should probably be off," Chat says, and I remember the photoshoot.

"Tell me about it," I remember the fashion show later, "I'm running an event today. Ugh, and I have homework to do. As much as I love being Ladybug and all, I'm never going to be able to juggle it all properly,"

"Don't even remind me about homework, milady. I literally do it after patrol at night, and then by the time I'm done, I have to get ready for school, and extra-curriculars, and then an akuma strikes, and boom,"

"It doesn't get much easier, kids. Now you go, get back to your lives, I'll let you know if we see her,"

We thank him, and Chat and I go our separate ways. I detransform near Master Fu's and knock on the door, and he quickly ushers me outside his house.

"Those photographers are here, chosen one, you ought to leave from this side,"

I thank him, and pocket one of the bright orange vials as I walk out, and lights flash in my face.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng! To your left please!"

"To the right, Marinette, to the right!"

"Are you excited for the show, Miss Dupain-Cheng? What can we expect?"

"What have you been doing here, Miss Marinette?"

I am bombarded with cameras and microphones, and I can barely see, that is, until a familiar, muscular figure jumps from the heavens above in front of me and calms everyone down, creating a barrier with his baton.

Chat Noir acts as my bodyguard, and quickly turns to face me, back towards the photographers.

"Oh yes, Miss Marinette, do enlighten us," He says mockingly, and I give him a soft punch on the shoulder.

"Yes, I am very excited for the show, I can't wait for you guys to see my collaboration with Gabriel Agreste. As for what to expect, well the theme is Celestial Decorum: the peak of regal elegance, so it's very unique and, well, unexpected, I guess. And I've just had a private meditation session to help relieve the stress of it all," I smile and pose for the cameras, and Chat takes a photo which he announces loudly, is getting sent to Ladybug as she is "preoccupied and quite busy, but supports me nonetheless as a close friend,".

Trust Chat to make my alter ego look like a saint.

But Chat Noir takes everything to the next level, by escorting me all the way to the venue before leaving himself, and I thank him graciously, giving him a quick friendly hug before I wave at the photographers as I enter the venue.

The doors shut behind me and I press my back against them, sighing.

This is something I will never quite get used to.

As I reopen my eyes however, I realise that it is perhaps even more chaotic inside than out, with people scurrying back and forth, shouting across the rooms, lighting staff, hair & make-up staff, stage builders, seat organisers, after-party organisers. There's so much activity going on, I feel as if I'm in a beehive as everyone is buzzing about their duties.Abruptly, Nathalie appears out of nowhere, and leads me to follow her.

"Mr Agreste has been expecting you," She says, signature tablet at hand, "We're having a few issues on time management, as co-owner of the show you're going to be quite busy also,"

As we near him, Gabriel shouts at the seat organisers, pen tucked behind his ear, as he works on a suit, presumably his own, stabbing pins in the mannequin like how one would pierce a voodoo doll.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng," He addresses me without looking up, "How nice of you to bless us with your presence,"

I have no idea whether he's being sarcastic or not, and so don't know how to respond.

"I, erm, sorry I'm late, Mr Agreste,"

He turns around slowly, grey eyes piercing through my soul, and I'm petrified.

"For the billionth time, Marinette, please call me Gabriel," He turns back around, "Good job of revealing the theme, by the way. Your optimising engagement, which is always a good thing,"

"Thank you," I say, and I'm getting ready to get behind the scenes to see what is going on, until Nathalie comes into view.

"Mr Agreste, it's urgent," Her usually monotone voice is slightly raised, and Gabriel beckons me to join him as she leads us through a series of corridors.

"From the road right through here, there'll be a red carpet," Adrien's father tells me, "And I've also organised an after party afterwards...I'm afraid your friends won't be allowed, but you will have my son's company with you. Try to keep him behaved please, if it's not too much to ask,"

I nod before Nathalie flings open the doors, and we see the runway stage being built,seats being arranged, decorations being put up, most noticeably the large mirrors with rustic gold frames, and the silken drapes at the ceiling.The seats have white covers with gold sashes, and the centrepieces are small trees with wire branches and gold leaves.

The runway is built in a T shape leading from the stage, and separating halfway, and there are mini balcony VIP sections with huge beaded decorations dropping over the edge.

I am interrupted by a voice, "Oh my goodness, this is a disaster!"

A slender man wheels the outfits in front of us, "Someone has broken the seams of the outfits, and so now they're too big! And the appliqued crystals are nowhere to be found! We simply are not ready! There is no entertainment and no music!"

"WHAT?!" Gabriel is fuming and I feel my stomach start to turn.

These outfits, which have taken weeks to make, have been sabotaged by someone, and now we have a few hours to fix them. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

"I have traced the rhinestones sir, someone had informed the jewellers that the dates been changed..He's sending them right now, but it will be a good hour until they arrive,"

"You're free now," Gabriel takes control, and all of a sudden the usually sombre dormant designer looks in his zone, "I mean, you don't need to rehearse, obviously. If you could do some of them, and then-"

"No no no no! Absolutely not! This will tarnish my name! I refuse to be a part of this anymore! I quit!" The man yells, and storms out, and I feel my blood pressure rise.

Oh my goodness, what the heck.

This is going to flop big time. And it's not even the embarrassment, I'm never going to be able to be a designer ever. And then Gabriel's reputation will be ruined, and he will be really mad at me, and then Adrien will be annoyed and -

"What do you need?"

The blond appears besides me and begins pacing, "I'm free to help, mi- Marinette. I'll do what you need me to, just name it,"

I fall more in love with Adrien everytime I see him, every time a word is uttered from his beautiful lips.

"Well," The voice of my fake-boyfriend's father cuts me back into harsh reality, "Nathalie, I need you to take charge of deliveries and after party arrangements. Tell Giroud and Gilleman to take charge backstage, and Laurent to set the cameras 30 minutes later than planned. I'll take control here and generally overview things, you are to email me and keep me updated. Son, you need to help set up lighting and arrange some sort of entertainment- be sensible, please! I'm trusting you and your dear girlfriend's fashion show is on the line. Also, arrange the dressing rooms and organise VIP facilities. Marinette, you take these pieces-I'm emailing you measurements as we speak- there's a sewing machine and everything you need in my workshop backstage by makeup- that's where you can keep an eye on as well. Catering is sorted, you sort out these and Nathalie will bring you the jewels securely to your dressing room- hand her your keys please- and you can get applying. You have a few minutes of recreation now, both of you, ideally please stay calm and update your socials, I'm arranging a group call system also, we're going to do all we can to ensure we have a seamless night,"

Ardien quickly takes out his phone and fires some texts, "Got it!"

I nod, and Nathalie jets off, and Gabriel walks towards the stage, leaving Adrien and me together.

"Don't stress, I can hear your mind whirring," Adrien says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "You got this. It'll be fine,"

He pulls me into a hug and I take in his scent (RADIANT..DREAMY...CAREFREE...ADRIEN, THE FRAGRANCE!) and rocks me a little exaggeratedly, making me laugh.

I try to look at his twinkling eyes, but he pushes my head into his chest and kisses my forehead, and then moves his head very close to mine.

So much for fake dating.

I hear some boyish snickering behind me, and Adrien looks furious, and then notices me looking and smiles, moving away, but holding my hand.

"Sorry to interrupt," There's a trio of boys grinning and smirking knowingly, huge drum kit, microphone and guitar cases behind them, "Hey, bro. Long time no see,"

My crush is pulled into some hugs, fistbumps and hair ruffling, still holding my hand throughout, and I stand there awkwardly.

"Oh, erm, Mari,this is the band," Adrien gestures to the boys, "Lads, this is M-,"

"Marinette, your girlfriend, we know," The ringleader of them says, hint of a lopsided smirk playing on his face, "I'm Alex, it's nice to finally meet you. We've heard a lot about you already!"

He holds out a hand and I shake it, and he smiles. He has raven black hair,blue beanie atop of his head, with pale azure eyes framed with long lashes.There's an air of mystery to him, and I'm not going to lie, he is good-looking, but not my type.I can't have any more mystery to my life. Besides, I have Adrien anyways.

"I'm Lucas, happy to be an acquaintance," The second boy shakes my hand enthusiastically.

He runs his hand through his tousled brown hair and just as dark eyes. He reminds me a lot like Brandon, but with a more sweet, boy-next-door kinda vibe instead of my friend's cocky jock meets skater boi personality.

"Chris, " The third boy shakes my hand, "Pleasure to meet you,"

Chris has a mop of dyed white shaggy hair hanging over his eyes, and probably the most perfect bone structure, with hazel eyes and strong dark brows matching his long eyelashes. He has a few freckles speckled across his skin, and a black lip piercing, which is really cool.

"Nice to meet you boys, I love your music!" I say, beaming at the boys who thank me, and at Adrien, "This was your idea, wasn't it?"

"Well, we did need some entertainment. Though I was thinking," Adrien slings an arm around me, "We could have a female singer as well, you know?"
I gape at him with disbelief and horror, and he laughs into the crook of my neck, "Gosh, Marinette, I'm just joking,"

"You're not very funny," I say, pouting and pretending to hit him.

He catches my hand and kisses it, and then motions to kiss me, but I cheekily dodge it, watching him smile before quickly kissing him.

"Now that was way too short!" He protests, and we hear someone whisper, "Whipped,"

We turn and Adrien glares, as Alex smirks, "As cute as you guys are, we ought to have a band practice whilst you're free, then we can set up later,"
"Have you got your tuxes?" Adrien asks, and Chris holds up three bagged clothes hangers.

"I need to go, gorgeous, but I know you've got this, and I'll come to your dressing room later," Adrien says, and the boys snigger immaturely about how kinky it sounds.

Adrien presses his lips onto mine and surprises me by quickly using his tongue, only once we've got a steady rhythm, he pulls away and sticks his tongue out tauntingly as he gets dragged away.

ADRIEN'S POV

It's so good to have the band back together. We catch up, rehearse and just talk for a while, and they start to set up as I go and ensure VIP preparations are going smoothly. I return to the main hall, where the runway is being taken down for restructuring, and thankfully, the boys are all set on the stage.

"You took your time," Alex says, fixing his beanie into the right position, "Make-out sesh with Marinette?"

"No!"

The trio smirk knowingly.

"On a serious note though, congratulations. She looks so happy with you and you seem more brighter, you're literally shining," Lucas remarks, and insync, they all pretend to cover their eyes from my radiance as I strike a model pose.

"Nah, girls like that are rare. I'm happy for you bro," The quietest of us tunes his guitar, hazel eyes glancing up.

"Chris, mate, we get that you're heartbroken and all but now's not the time to brood," The raven haired boy sighs, "We've all been there. One day all of us will be as happy as Adrien,"

I really want to tell them that Marinette and I are fake dating.

"Sad times, man," The white mop of hair raises his eyebrows.

"These things take time, and we can't get down if this blond bitch's time is now. Congrats bro. One day we'll all have birds and we'll give em a private concert,"
"You won't remember she who must not be named,"

"Don't kill me bro," Lucas says, " but your girl is genuine. But like she's yours, obviously. Don't come at me. I'm just saying, you got yourself a nice girl, I wouldn't dare date her, but youse two are good together,"

"What if I told you," I cautiously phrase my truth bomb, "That it's all an act and the only people that know are me and Mari, Chloe and you guys,"

"WHAT?"There are twin shrieks and one look-up.

"Shut the fuck up,"

"No way!" Alex exclaims quieter.

Chris shakes his head, disbelief etched on his face, "But like why?"

"With all honesty, I can't even remember.....oh wait.." The trio look at me wearily, "It was when Will came,"

"Ugh," Chris wears a disgusted expression, a huge change from his usual jaded demeanor.

I had told the boys everything about Will a while ago.

"Wait, I don't get it though. You like her, don't you?"

I sigh, "I don't know..I need to think about it,"

"Or maybe you don't want to ruin a good friendship," Lucas states factually, earning a nod from the other two, "But one thing's for sure, she likes you,"

"She's a good actress," I think back to her Chloe imitations and can't help but wear a smile, "I don't know if she does like me, but we're really just two super close, best friends-"

"Yeah, best friends who happen to hug and kiss and makeout and do couple-y things. But just a friend," The beanie-wearing boy rolls his eyes, "It's so obvious she likes you, bro. You just need to figure yourself out,"

Lucas agrees, "Girls like that don't come along very often,"

"But, don't rush and make a dumb decision either," Chris finishes.

"Aww ladies, enough with the deep talk now," Alex pouts mockingly, and taps at his phone, "Oh wait, what's this?"

We crowd around him to see the news, with Nadja Shamack speaking hastily into her microphone, the infamous red and black "Akuma Attack-" banner across the screen.

"And now, with the latest news that's just come in- The now infamous akumatised villain 'Lonifyer' has re-emerged by the Seine after having disappeared for 3 hours! Our heroes Ladybug and Chat Noir have been having some trouble trying to tackle this particular akuma, is this the time where hawkmoth wins? Our akumatisation correspondent is at the scene,"

The camera flips to a man in business attire suit and tie flapping in the wind as he yells into the microphone, "We're here by the Seine and as you can see over there," He points across the view and the camera moves back and forth, "The villain has reappeared, seemingly more powerful than before. I'm here with DI and Police Chief Gregory Jones. What is different about this akuma from the others?"

"Well, this is a rather extraordinary situation, we have 53 casualties who are currently registered in the infirmary, 9 of which are in intensive care. We don't know a lot about this akuma, but are working hard to tackle this as much as we can,"

"So are you struggling to tackle this villain? And what about Ladybug and Chat Noir? Aren't they helping?"

"Well, first of all, this is not a villain, it's a victim- someone who's clearly been vulnerable and preyed on, which is a clear indication of the social interactions and activity here in Paris," He rakes his hair, and I can't help feel some pride as he reiterates what I said before, "Second, we are working closely with Ladybug and Chat Noir to help tackle this problem, and they are doing their best, but we also have to keep in mind that they are indeed, at the end of the day, two teenagers and so we shouldn't be so heavily reliant on them - this is such a bad circumstance which we have brought upon ourselves by being inconsiderate and excluding- now if you don't mind, I need to go and help," Jones runs off quickly, his long black coat flying behind him, and the screen cuts back to Nadja in the studio, and there is a picture of ladybug and I from the other day.

"Dang, LB is actually so hot though. Like oof, that figure, and she's so beautiful," Alex remarks, and we all drool over the superhero.

It's refreshing to know that my obsession isn't weird, but I also keep tabs on my competition. I mean, imagine if Ladybug was with Alex, he is practically every girl's type...

"Not just that, her personality is amazing. Like imagine having a girlfriend who literally saves lives and the whole of Paris, she'd be such a great person to be around," Chris licks his lip piercing unintentionally.

"As 'beautiful' and 'amazing' as she is, lads,I'm pretty sure she's taken by Chat Noir," Lucas says, nose wrinkling, whilst my alter ego is filled with pride, "But like, I'm not surprised. They're made for each other, both selfless and saving the day all the time,both good-looking,"

"Shit!" They look at me questioningly, "I forgot-I was meant to go check the Vip-" I trail off as I run, and they laugh.

I feel bad about lying but Paris needs saving more urgently than ever. As I run to my dressing room, I pass Marinette, who's just entering her dressing room, and she gives me a quick wave. I blow a kiss and she rolls her eyes as she pushes past the door, and I go to mine.

Thankfully, I didn't have to cut her off or anything because she seemed in a rush as well, which saves me having to lie and run from another person, and I wouldn't want to lie to her.

My qwami emerges and I grin as he shakes his head.

"No,no nononono-!"

"Plagg, Claws Out!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cue Mal "I'm baaaackk"

Hi. It's been a while. My life is a mess but now I can write, I have more updates in the works but I just had a spur in the moment thing where I felt bad because I haven't updated, but also because I am really excited about what is in store for the rest of the book, so keep engaged. 

How are you guys? How is corona?

Please stay safe, protect the NHS (or whatever healthcare thing you have in your country), and save lives.

I was also thinking that I might do a q&a at some point before book 3, so please feel free to comment some questions here or just message me (it's because of PMs that I even came up with this idea so ask anything please just so that I'm not embarrassing myself).

You might wanna reread books 1 and 2 some point, not now, but after I've finished this book, maybe. In prep for book 3, which I am so so excited about. Be sure to comment, vote, follow. You can also follow me on insta, @thebritishcroissant 

Thankyou so much for your endless support and patience. Xxox

Bug out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 1.1K 59
Ladybug is in love with Adrien but her new found love for Chat Noir has caused her to avoid him. Chat Noir's Love for Ladybug begins to fade as he re...
1.5K 39 40
With the truth of Chat Blanc revealed Marinette has found relief in telling Chat Noir the truth, but unknown to them Hawkmoth knows too. Marinette s...
2M 46K 47
At 16 years old, Marinette prepares for the chance of a lifetime. Internships, closer to defeating Hawkmoth, overcoming the awkwardness between her a...
235K 5.7K 30
"What is Marinette doing?" Adrien said. This was the fifth time she rejected his invitation to hangout and she was avoiding him at school. There was...