I'm Mariana Pierce.. (TVD Fan...

By BrookeGarton

Mariana's life has taken a turn for the worse.. How is she supposed to be the strong one after her entire wor... More

I'm Mariana Pierce.. (TVD Fanfiction.- Sequel to I'm Mariana Gilbert!(:)
Bring It or Leave It
Memories Will Fade
I Saved The Pictures
She's Come Undone
Summers and Bummers
True Lies
Listen For The Bells
Tick Tock
Handle Me With Care
Fifty Shades of Shit
While You Sleep
Let It Out
Help Yourself
What Lies Beneath
Promise Land
You're My Home
Twenty-Seven Across
Paradise Isn't A Thing
Burning Hell
The World I Used to Know
Push Comes to Shove
Fading
Me, Myself and I
Burn it down
Monsters will Travel
Pray for the Dying
The Day I tried to Die
Don't go too Quick
Let Us Go
Downward Spirals
Caged
Never Love Like this.
A/N

Remebering You

4K 80 67
By BrookeGarton

-Caroline-

I sat at the diner near Whitmore, outside of Mystic Falls, looking over the menu. After a minute of sitting at a table by myself, Ric came in and I smiled when I saw who he brought with him. "Hi baby girl." I smiled, grabbing her as Ric sat down across from me. "How's daddy liking long nights with little Freya?" I asked, looking up at Ric with a small smile.

"It's exhausting if we're being honest." Ric answered, sighing heavily and I laughed looking at her. She really did look like Jenna.. I sighed, grabbing three books that I had in my bag and put them on the table in front of him. "You already read all of that?" He asked me in disbelief.

"Cover to cover." I pointed out, looking back down at Freya. "With no mention of how to un-do an anti-dimensional force field. If I'm going to single handedly take back our town.. I'm gonna need a little bit more to go on." I added with a sigh as I looked back up at him.

"Got it. Alright, Well, I brought Ancient Witchcraft: Volume Two." Ric replied, getting it out of his bag and holding it up to me and I nodded.

"I read it." I countered, and he gave me a short nod and looked away.

"Okay." Ric replied, clearing his throat and putting it on the table next to him. "How about The Art of Hexing: An Element of Magic." He added, pulling out another one and I rose my eyebrow taking it.

"Fine. Thank you." I nodded looking back and sighing. "So how's Stefan?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"He's okay." Ric answered, tilting his head back at me as I gently patted Freya's back and I slowly nodded.

"How often do you talk to him?" I asked, looking down at Freya as I pretended like I didn't actually care.

"I don't know. Couple times a week." Ric shrugged as a smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh.. Huh." I stated with a dry chuckle as I looked away from him and he sighed, sitting up in his seat.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here, Caroline." Ric started as Freya fussed in my arms quietly. "Is something bothering you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and I sighed looking down.

"He didn't say goodbye.." I whispered looking back up at him. "Neither did Mariana—Damon and Bonnie died and they both just left. No phone calls, no e-mails. Nothing. Just disappeared into thin air and I haven't heard anything from them in months." I scoffed, looking away from him again.

"I know what you're thinking and no.. They didn't run off together." Ric reassured in amusement and I rolled my eyes at him. "Now, it's not my call to tell you where either of them are because I don't even know.. But maybe, they just don't want to bother you with every half lead that goes no where." He added and I slowly nodded.

"Yeah, or maybe I have to get over it. Anyway, thanks for the books." I said, giving Freya back to him and getting ready to leave but he stopped me.

"Caroline, he just wants to start a new life.." Ric replied with a sigh and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"And no one else does? He lost his brother. I lost my best friend and Mariana lost her best friend, boyfriend and aunt in the span of a summer, Alaric. Nobody has heard from her since Damon and Bonnie vanished and she didn't even come back for Jenna's funeral. She's completely vanished." I pointed out in disappointment and watched as Alaric looked down at Freya.

"Mariana has lost so many people already.." Ric whispered, probably thinking about Jenna. "She is moving on with her life, Caroline.. Just do the same." He added with a shrug and I shook my head.

"If Jenna was in Damon's or Bonnie's position, would you give up?" I countered and watched as he stared back at me for a few seconds.

"No." He answered after a brief pause and I slowly nodded back at him in agreement.

"Then why do you expect me to? Damon was your best friend and Mariana is like your daughter. Come on, Ric." I replied, sighing and shaking my head as Freya cooed from his arms.

"Fine.. I'll keep searching for answers okay?" He asked in defeat and looked back up at me, raising an eyebrow. I smiled back and kissed Freya on the head gently after I stood from the table.

"Thank you.. Tell Stefan to keep searching too, okay? We need to find them. It's our only chance of getting any of us back in Mystic.." I warned before I grabbed the book from beside me and walked out of the diner.

-Mariana-

//Okay, let's talk about what's happened in the last four months.. Well, I left Mystic Falls because, obviously I can't go there anyways. No need for that frankly. Elena is still at college and studying to become a doctor which is good. Caroline dropped out though.. but she's sill living in the dorms until she's got a down payment on an apartment. Oh, Ric's teaching at Whitmore also.. New job for him is good for supporting him and Freya.. Right—You didn't know about his and Jenna's daughter. Well, that's her. Freya is beautiful and has green eyes and a freckle under her nose, the same as Jenna, at least that's what I think from the photos Ric has sent me. Jenna died giving birth a few weeks after Damon and Bonnie vanished, and I left town. I would say that I'm grieving but that'd be a lie. I am searching and do I feel guilty about not going to my aunt's funeral? Yes.. Always, but I need to be here for myself now.. Even if I miss them all.—Ever since the travelers have put the boundary up in Mystic Falls, no supernatural beings live there which is a good thing, right? I mean, the dying count has dropped even though Matt is in Community safety and self-defense class.. I'm pretty sure he can bench press more than Jeremy now, which is kind of a scary thought.. Speaking of Jeremy—no, let's just move on to Stefan.. Last I heard, he was chasing a lead to some witch that could contact the dead. We haven't spoken in months, which means that his search for finding answers on what happened has been all-time consuming. He's grieving. He lost so much.. We all did and and I'm contemplating what to do with my life now.. But we're all getting through it. In our own way..//

"Stop shaking! Do you think I'm ever going to get a drop if you keep moving?" I asked in annoyance at the guy that I up held against a brick wall as we stood in an alleyway.

"Mariana, haven't I taught you about how not to play with your food?" A familiar accent asked from behind me and I rolled my eyes, recognizing it before I put the guy that I held, on the ground.

"You will forget everything that just happened. Go away." I sighed in defeat as I compelled him and watched him blink before walk away, into the streets again. "Can you never leave me alone? I mean, I was so close." I added as I turned towards Klaus and folded my arms over my chest as he stood in the alley feet from me. "Is there a reason you chose to come annoy me? I told you I would join you and Elijah for dinner." I stated, dusting off my jacket.

"Elijah is out tracking down Francesca and her army of werewolves while Hayley's whereabouts still remain unknown most nights." Klaus stated emotionlessly, walking forwards but still remaining in the darkness of the alley. //Let me fill in your minds a little bit. After Damon and Bonnie just went 'poof' and Jenna died, I went to New Orleans. Granted The Originals lived here for about a year now, but I didn't really come for them. When I arrived, I met a vampire named Marcel who told me all about the original family who used to 'rule' New Orleans. Although, I stopped talking to everyone back home in Mystic Falls. I'm keeping a low profile but not too low that a few bodies don't pop up here and there, once in awhile. Not that they would notice since this city is filled with supernatural beings.

"Hayley is 'grieving' the loss of her child. Hope—You know, the one that you pretended to have killed so that the witches who still band against Esther, as well as Francesca and her army, would ease up? Which the werewolves have, maybe not by banishing vampires from the quarter but they aren't coming after you. They're not knocking down your door." I pointed out and watched Klaus clench his jaw back at me. //Ever wonder why Klaus left Mystic Falls in the first place? Katherine decided to give him a tip about a little witch in New Orleans, who knew something about his family that he didn't. Hayley, the werewolf that was friends with Tyler—Was also pregnant with Klaus' child.

"Mariana, ever the brood. Hope is my blood and once she is old enough, she will be the era to the Mikaelsons. I can't think about my child and keep an eye on you while the werewolves are looking over us, and they are about to become even more dangerous if they get the moonlight rings they so desire." Klaus stated in a concerned voice and I narrowed my eyes and slowly walked towards him.

"Hope is your daughter. And she is only a few months old and already has her father's enemies after her—enemies that he made centuries ago. I'm sorry to say, but keeping her with Rebekah and away from you is protecting her and we both know it." I stated, tilting my head at him and he watched me silently. "Thank you for watching after me. I take it no vampire would take it too kindly if one of their own, even someone who doesn't live in the area, was killed by a werewolf." I added with a slight sigh and Klaus nodded in agreement.

"It's time to get back to the mansion.. We've been out too long and I'm not in the mood to spill werewolf blood." Klaus warned in a stern voice and I gave him a small smile before the two of us vamped into the darkness.
~~~

"Mariana. it's nice to hear your voice." Ric stated from the phone as I paced the guest room I was staying in.

"You too. How's Freya?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as I folded my arms over my chest.

"She's good. I'm good also, thanks for asking. And I'm going to be selfish and say that I really wish you could be here." Ric stated with a sigh of some amusement and I tried to hold back a smile as I moved towards the window.

"Selfish you doesn't bother me. But I'm sure you have Caroline there to help. That I'm certain of." I replied sarcastically, looking out over the streets of New Orleans. "How's Jeremy and Elena?" I asked, and I heard him clear his throat awkwardly.

"Elena is.. fine—Jeremy's Back to his old self.. He grew his hair out, buffed up a bit. Went back to alcohol and video games.. Except, now he's added one night stands in with the mix of things." Ric stated in defeat and I slowly nodded.

"He's just going through a phase. Maybe it'll pass." I replied in some reassurance as I heard a faint voice from outside of my room and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Everyone misses you.. They're wondering where you've been. Stefan has been distant, you've been distant.. Everyone's falling apart and out of reach but Caroline is thinking she can fix it." Ric stated in defeat and I scoffed in amusement as I looked back out the window.

"Of course Caroline is trying to fix us.. Sometimes I think she's the one that kept us together in the first place.." I countered at the thought. "Or Maybe Bonnie and Damon arguing was." I added with a dry chuckle as I heard a voice coming from down the hall.

"Klaus, are you here? I need to talk to you." A woman's voice stated from the hallway and I rose an eyebrow curiously before small cries through the phone brought me back to reality.

"I should go. I hear Freya crying in the background." I stated with a small sigh and Ric started to reply but I hung up on him. I didn't want to hear about Damon or Bonnie or about Jenna.. I didn't want to talk anymore.. I walked towards my door and slowly opened it, creeping into the hallway to see a blonde haired woman standing in the hall, looking around the mansion slowly.

"Klaus, I know you're here somewhere. We need to talk." The woman stated with a sigh before Elijah stepped out into the hall from behind her, blocking my view and I rose an eyebrow.

"He doesn't wish to talk to you." Elijah stated and I moved my head to see the woman turn towards him in shock and I recognized her.. Camille, I think?

"Elijah." Camille stated, breathing heavily as he scared her and I smirked a bit as she looked around them both in confusion. "Where the hell did you come from?" She asked and he rose an eyebrow.

"I beg your pardon? Aren't you the one who is trespassing?" Elijah countered, stepping towards her and I stepped into the doorway and watched.

"Cami, right? Klaus doesn't care much for conversation these days and he certainly wouldn't care that you put yourself in danger by coming here." I pointed out emotionlessly and watched as both of them look towards me.

"And who are you exactly? I'm already in danger. I have Guererras' werewolves following me like it's a police state. The city's being run by gangsters and you guys aren't doing anything about it. Marcel took out the Guererras one hundred years ago without any of you. Don't you think he might be up for lending you a hand?" Cami asked with a shrug as she looked back at Elijah who narrowed his eyes.

"Thank you for coming, Camille." Elijah replied emotionlessly before he moved out of her way and gestured her down the stairs. I rose an eyebrow and watched as she did as told but looked back at him before reaching the stairs.

"I know your family is grieving. But I know you don't believe those rumors that Marcel killed the baby. So if you want help taking down the Guererras.. You have a weapon across the river just waiting to be fired." Camille stated quietly before she turned and walked down the stairs.

"I like her spirit." Elijah stated in amusement as he watched Camille leave before Klaus appeared beside him.

"So do I." Klaus replied emotionlessly and I slowly walked towards the two and leant against the railing.

"Am I the only one that thinks Caroline is her doppelgänger?" I asked with furrowed brown and watched as Klaus rose an eyebrow at me and smirked a bit.
~~~

I watched as Marcel and Josh poured alcohol into glasses from where they stood across from me in Marcel's loft. "The group seemed tough. What are you looking for?" His asked in annoyance towards Marcel who sighed.

"I'm not looking for tough, I'm looking for warriors." Marcel countered and I folded my arms over my chest from where I leant in the doorway.

"What's the difference?" Josh asked rolling his eyes and I smirked, walking towards them.

"A warrior fights for what they believe in." I answered and watched them both turn towards me and I saw Marcel look me over with a smirk.

"A warrior fights for his family." Another voice stated from behind me as Klaus walked in slowly and the two vampires exchanged looks before they turned back towards Klaus and I.
~~~

"The wolves have the numbers. Back in 1925, the Guererras pack was maybe one hundred." Marcel stated as he sat in the couch beside me as I looked over the checkers game in the middle of Klaus and I from where he sat across from me. "We went guerrilla warfare on their asses, and wiped them out over a four-day fight." He added, putting a white checker on the board. "But, were not just talking about Guererras now. They've had wolves coming in from packs all over." Marcel stated and Klaus nodded and sat forwards in his chair.

"Well, we don't need to hit them all. Just the twelve with the rings that take me out every full moon." Klaus stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"You wanna find twelve rings? Go out and chop off the hands of every would you want." I stated with a shrug and Marcel rose an eyebrow at me.

"She's right. I mean, come on. You practically taught me that. You and Elijah are stalling. Why?" Marcel asked, looking back at Klaus who placed a black checker in the board.

"Because it's possible they're in possession of something dangerous to us." Klaus answered emotionlessly and I sat up slowly as I watched him closely.

"Thy have the stake that can kill you." Marcel stated and I furrowed my eyebrows between the two.

"It went missing the night I lost my child." Klaus answered emotionlessly before he sighed and sat back. "So, it's in play—and the thought of that makes me very nervous. Especially in nights like tonight." He added, gesturing to the window where the moon was full.

"Why would you tell me that?" Marcel asked, tilting his head at Klaus who seemed unwavered.

"Do you have it?" Klaus asked and Marcel scoffed back at him.

"Of course not. That would do me no good. You die, I die. Along with every vampire we've ever sired." Marcel countered and I sighed deeply and slowly nodded.

"Well then.. we attack the werewolves tonight when the moon hits its apex. They won't expect it while Klaus is weak." I stated, looking at Marcel who furrowed his eyebrows back at me in thought.

"Now, good news or bad news?" A voice asked coming into the loft before we all turned towards a guy who walked in holding a painting of some sort.

"Joe." Marcel stated in amusement as he got up and moved towards the guy. "Joe, Klaus and Mariana, Klaus and Mariana, Joe. Now, you wanna talk Guererras, nobody fought harder back in 1925 than Joe. Fought so hard he retired into retail. Been keeping the piece and living right under their noses." He added, hugging Joe who smiled back at him.

"Yeah, well, good news is your order came in this morning. Bad news, I got made. Your friend Davina saved my ass but what's done is done. So pour me a drink and play me a song. Because it's gonna be my last." Joe stated, coming over and sitting on the the end of the couch while Marcel grabbed the painting and poured more alcohol.

"Don't be dramatic. Just head out of town til things blow over." Marcel reassured, handing him a glass of whiskey and Joe sighed.

"No way. I don't run from Guererras." Joe countered as he drank the alcohol and I rose an eyebrow at Klaus who smirked back at me.

"You don't leave, you won't have to. They'll sniff you out in a day." Marcel stated, sitting in the edge of the couch next to me.

"Let them come hunt me down. Because I've had a good ride." Joe replied as he nodded up at Marcel and I cleared my throat and rose an eyebrow.

"How would you like to get back in the fight.. Joe?" Klaus asked, looking at me before at joe who rose an eyebrow and sat forward intrigued.

"Do what do you have in mind?" Joe asked, looking between Marcel and Klaus who got up from his chair and walked in front of us.

"I've been thinking about this whole thing the wrong way." Klaus stated and I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him. Guererra pack loves to hunt. They're primal. Alphas. I gave you my reason for not making a move these past few months.. what, pray tell, is theirs?" He asked, leaning against the back of the chair he was just in.

"They don't have the stake." I answered, tilting my head at him before I got up from the couch and folded my arms over by chest. "So then who the hell does?" I added, looking at Klaus who shrugged.

"Tonight it doesn't matter. Because tonight.. We're going on a wolf hunt." Klaus countered with a smirk and I rose an eyebrow and looked at Marcel who chuckled in amusement.

-Caroline-

I walked out of the diner that I met Ric and freya at yesterday, after I finished eating. That diner was practically my main source of food. Well, besides blood obviously. I walked towards my car and unlocked it, about to get in before muffled voices came through my ears. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around me curiously to see people ignoring me as they walked around the streets, towards the small shops around me. I shook my head and shrugged it off before I heard the muffled voices again, this time more clear. "Stop screaming!" A familiar voice stated in an angry tone while a girls voice screamed back at her. I furrowed my eyebrows and vamped away from my car and towards the voices, hearing the screams get louder the closer I got. I ran through the woods before I came to a stop right outside the border of Mystic Falls and saw Elena feeding on a girl whose car had died.

"Oh, my god!" I stated, completely taken aback at the sight of her before she quickly turned towards me with blood running down her chin. "What are you—" I started before she cut me off.

"Caroline, it's not what you—" Elena started before the girl got out of her grasp and ran towards Mystic Falls. "No!" Elena added, vamping after the girl only to yell out in pain as she crossed the border. The sun blistered her skin and she quickly moved away from it and back towards me as I watched her in disbelief.

"What did you do! Why the hell are you feeding on people?" I asked angrily looking at Elena as she ran a hand through her hair and paced back and forth in front of me.

"It's fine—I've compelled everyone else." Elena countered in reassurance and I scoffed, looking at her in confusion.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait—so you're the border lurker?" I asked, taken aback and watched Elena look back at me with furrowed brows.

"The what?" Elena asked quietly and I folded my arms at her quickly.

"Yeah, did you know my mom's been out looking for a vampire prowler?" I asked and watched as she sighed deeply and shook her head.

"It's the herbs Luke's been giving me, they make me so thirsty." Elena countered in defeat as she clenched her jaw and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm not thinking straight." She added in defeat, running her hands through her hair.

"Wait—herbs? What herbs?" I asked and Elena became silent for a moment as she turned away from me.

"They make me see Damon." Elena answered emotionlessly and I watched her in silence before she turned back at me and I narrowed my eyes. "I can talk to him—and I—I can be with him." She added with a smile and I slowly shook my head.

"So—is this what you've been doing this whole time? Mariana has disappeared, surrounding herself in her own grief while you're here, hallucinating her dead boyfriend?" I countered in disbelief and watched her slowly shake her head.

"I loved him, Caroline. I—I tried to grieve him and I can't." Elena replied as she looked away from me and I watched her emotionlessly. "I have grieving down to a science at this point and I can't grieve him. I—I feel like I'm going to die." She added in defeat and I shook my head back at her.

"Imagine how Mariana is feeling, Elena. I mean, I get it—but there are better ways at handling grief." I replied and she scoffed lightly back at me.

"Like what? Like dropping out of school and having picnics with my mom outside of the town border?" Elena countered and I looked away from her in silence. "Or maybe I can pull a Stefan and Mariana, who bounce around and chase a lost hope that we're going to bring Damon and Bonnie back." She added sarcastically and I slowly nodded in annoyance back at her. "We're all getting through it, this is me doing that." Elena pointed out and I rolled my she's at her.

"But you're not getting through it, Elena. You're just pressing pause and waiting for it to drop on you." I countered in protest and watched her look away, making me sigh. "You need to leave. I can talk to my mom and she'll handle this. But you need to hide and not be here when she does." I warned in annoyance and Elena nodded back at me before she slowly moved towards her car and got in it. I sighed, looking away from her and towards town, in the direction that the girl ran in.

-Mariana-

"We have the Guererras where we want them. We have them waiting, we have them worried and we know they're an army with no defenses against an original." Klaus stated as he walked into the dinning room and towards the long table.

"You don't know that for certain." Elijah countered as he stood across the table from Niklaus.

"I'm willing to gamble." Klaus countered emotionlessly and I sighed back at him as I leant against the back of a dinning chair.

"Elijah's right. It's too risky. The stake didn't just disappear, someone has it." I replied and Klaus looked at me and shook his head.

"One enemy at a time. In the end, we'll slay them all." Klaus stated in a threatening voice before he sat down and I exchanged a look with Elijah.

"If we're going to do this, we will need help." Elijah stated and I slowly nodded in agreement and looked at Klaus who smirked.

"Well, lucky for us we have a very generous vampire who's willing to bargain." Klaus replied, referring to Joe whom we met tonight. Hayley walked into the dinning room and stood beside Elijah who gave her a small nod before he started walking around the table.

"We're takin the twelve original moonlight rings.  Now, four of them sit on the hands of the Guererra brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca." Elijah stated as he walked around Niklaus and Hayley tilted her head at him. "Three with the home security detail and the rest are scattered amongst lackeys. Now, each rings is distinguishable by its setting, Gauche. Like those that wear them." He added, looking between the three of us.

"So assuming that Joe is already telling Francesca that we think she had the stake and they believe they can get their hands on it, they'll come after Klaus when he is weak. Each ring that is achieved will strengthen him but he'll still be at a disadvantage." I pointed out and Elijah nodded in agreement before he stood beside me.

"Ergo, any hope for our success will depend entirely on us working together." Elijah replied as he looked between Klaus and Hayley who remained quiet. "The two of you can no longer afford to retreat to two separate corners." He added and I watched Klaus slowly rise from the chair he sat in.

"This is our fight.. Are you ready, Hayley?" Klaus asked, looking towards Hayley who clenched her jaw.

"Just promise me that Francesca doesn't come out of this alive." Hayley answered, making Klaus smirk back at her.

"Her Head will be delivered to you on a silver platter.. little wolf." Klaus answered in amusement I stood uncomfortable before I cleared my throat. "And you, Maria? Will you be joining the fight?" He asked, looking at me now and I rose an eyebrow.

"I have on your side for the past three months, Nik.. But—There are other matters that I need to see to. I will cast a protection spell to ensure your safety." I reassured as I looked at him and Elijah before I looked at Hayley who tilted her head. "But, seeing as how you're now a hybrid, I'm sure you won't be needing the extra protection." I added and watched her smile a bit before I nodded towards Elijah and walked out of the dinning hall.
~~~

I sat in my car, outside of New Orleans and away from the vampire and werewolf watergate that was raging on inside the city. I watched the city lights quietly as I held my phone to my ear, listening to the dial tone ring before it stopped. "Hello?" He asked emotionlessly from the phone and I let out a deep breath.

"Stefan." I stated before I heard him muffle his voice as he talked to someone else from behind the phone but I couldn't pick them out. "I know it's been a really long time since we talked but—" I started before he cut me off.

"Mariana." He stated from the phone and I rested my head back against my seat. "Hey. What's going on?" He asked in some concern and I slowly shook my head.

"Tell me you found something? A witch—a witch who knows a guy, who knows something at least." I replied quietly only to hear silence from the other side. "I just need you to give me hope and tell me something that will make me believe that Damon and Bonnie will come back." I added emotionlessly as I looked up at the moon that shines through my window shield.

"Not yet." He answered after a moment of silence and I slowly nodded emotionlessly.

"How do you do it? H—How do you wake up in the morning and go about your day without falling apart? Tell me how you do it because I—I'm clearly doing it wrong." I pointed out, feeling my eyes glazed over and I heard him sigh back at me.

"There's no right or wrong way, Mariana.." Stefan replied quietly and I nodded at him slowly, letting out a small scoff.

"You're right. There's only forever." I countered in disbelief before I rested my elbow on my window. "Please tell me something that will just give me hope." I added, shaking my head slowly.

"I can't.." He replied emotionlessly before I heard silence surround us.. "I gave up." Stefan stated after a minute and I furrowed my eyebrows back at him as I sat up fully now.

"But you just said you were looking?" I countered and heard Stefan sigh back at me from the phone.

"I was—I did. Then I realized it was pointless and that I needed to move on with my life.. So I stopped." Stefan replied in a monotone voice and I clenched my jaw and slowly nodded.

"What do you mean you stopped?" I asked in complete disbelief, letting my hand grip my steering wheel angrily.

"I mean, I said good-bye, Mariana.  I moved on.. Damon is gone." Stefan answered and I shook my head and closed my eyes tightly. "It's time for you to say good-bye, too." He added quietly and I clenched my jaw slowly, letting him hang up as I felt what little hope I had left in me, slowly fade away.

-Caroline-

"Hey, it's Stefan. Leave a message." I heard as I listened to Stefan's dial tone before i heard it beep and I let out a small sigh from where I sat in the diner.

"Hey, it's me." I stated with a small chuckle. "Just leaving another message about how today was not a good day." I added in defeat as I rested my head on my hand. "Everyone drifted apart.. It's like everyone's pretending they can go through this alone.." I pointed out as I slowly shook my head and looked down, silently ripping a napkin apart. "Elena's gone. I think she's so scared to accept what happened, that she's become a completely different person. All the while Mariana is distant, as if she's completely disappeared off the face of the planet.. And if you ask me, Tyler's just hiding at Whitmore.. pretending everything's fine and that he can get through the fact that he now has to outrun his werewolf gene again. Matt and Jeremy never leave Mystic Falls anymore. There's an invisible wall standing between us and them—and no one's doing anything about it. Part of me wonders if they hope we never find a way back in." I stated in disbelief as I pushed the napkin away from me. "And then there's me, just sitting in a diner... on the border of town, looking for a way to get out home back." I added, looking down at the open book that Alaric gave me yesterday. I sighed deeply and shook my head as I looked away from the back. "We need each other. We need to be together, Stefan, or pretty soon we're just going to end up as pictures in a yearbook that's stuck in a drawer somewhere." I stated in annoyance before I rolled my eyes. "And this is why I am not going to stop calling you until you pick up the phone and I hear your voice—and hear you tell me that you are going to help me fix it.. Because I am not going to give up on us." I warned with a small sigh before I drew my phone back and hung up.

-Elena-

"Do you like being a vampire?" I asked quietly, looking at Alaric through my mirror as he stood in the doorway of my door.

"Why don't you get some sleep? We'll talk about it tomorrow when that craps out of your system." Alaric replied quietly, folding his arms over his chest. I looked down at the picture that I held of Bonnie, Caroline, Mariana and I.

"Because with all of the funerals and the start of the year.. We never really talked about it." I pointed out and looked away from the picture and towards Ric who watched me.

"You mean with me coming back to life?" Alaric asked with a sigh and I shrugged back at him. "Well, moving away from Mystic Falls helped. Memories of Jenna that I used to have—it just makes it easier to start new with Freya." He added and I slowly nodded and tilted my head.

"I meant the bloodlust. The heightened emotions and immortality." I countered and watched as he moved into the room and sat beside me on the bed.

"Honestly, Elena..." Alaric replied, leading off as he slowly shook his head and looked at me. "I hate everything about being a vampire." He answered emotionlessly and I nodded back at him.

"Me too." I agreed and looked down at the picture again. "You know, at least I did.. Then one day I discovered the good part." I added, looking back at him. "Love for an eternity, or at least that what it seems. Especially when the one you love doesn't love you back." I stated quietly and looked away from him before he sighed.

"It gets easier." Alaric stated reassuringly and I scoffed back at him.

"I know how death works, Ric. Trust me, I've done it.. A lot." I replied in disbelief as I shook my head. "There's no such thing as moving on. It's a lie." I stated quietly and watched him look away before I looked back down at the picture and focused on Mariana's face.. "So if I'm ever going to be able to fall in love again—truly in love for an eternity.. I need you to do something." I added, looking back at Alaric who furrowed his eyebrows back at me.

"What?" He asked quietly and I stared back at him as my breath hitched in my throat and I put the picture frame on the bed beside me.

"You were created.. by the original vampire spell, which means you can compel other vampires. And since I can't take away my vampirism... I want you to take away Damon." I answered emotionlessly, making Ric sigh deeply and look away from me. "I want you to compel me to forget that... I ever loved him." I added, feeling my chest tighten as I said those words.

-Mariana-

"Can't we just take a sledgehammer to them?" Klaus asked sarcastically as he sat at the table beside me. I looked down at the moonstones in front of me after I took the stone off of the twelve ring bands.

"These were forged by a witch, Nik. And as such, only fire or water can fully destroy them." I answered as I put a bowl of water on the table in front of me.

"I'd have thought this would bring you greater pleasure." Elijah stated from where he stood behind me and Klaus sighed from the chair.

"As did I." Klaus replied quietly before he looked down. "This was my fault. All of it." He stated guiltily and I furrowed my eyebrows as Elijah moved towards him before he stopped beside me. "If I had just accepted Hayley's pregnancy, instead of... playing king." He added in defeat and I exchanged a saddened look with Elijah. "I should have listened to you, Elijah—instead, my greed.. and my envy robbed me of my daughter. My actions, led to a release of a weapon that can kill not just me, but you." Klaus stated and I watched as his eyes glazed over and Elijah leant forwards on the table.

"A thousand years I've survived your attempts to destroy me, brother. I imagine I can survive this." Elijah replied softly as I picked up the moonstone shards and placed them in another bowl that had coal in it.

"You chase my redemption like a man rolling a stone up an endless mountain." Klaus stated in confusion up towards Elijah as I sighed, putting a hand over the bowl of coal.

"No mountain is endless, Klaus." I replied and watched as the bowl lit up as flames descended from it and I smiled a bit. Klaus slowly stood from the chair and I grabbed the bowl of water from beside me before I drizzled it over the fire, putting it out. "Some are just steeper than others." I pointed out and looked down at the bowl to see the fire put out and the water evaporate.. Leaving pieces of coal and the broken, shattered pieces of the moonstones.

"As much as I would like to comfort Hayley in this moment, I believe that only you can understand her grief." Elijah stated as he looked away from the bowl and up at Klaus who stood beside us now.

"We lost our child.. I mean, what could I possibly say to ease her pain?" Klaus asked, now years filling his eyes and I folded my arms over my chest.

"Whatever she needs to hear." I answered and watched Klaus slowly look away from me, making me clear my throat. "Well, now that that's over with.. I have a prior engagement to take care of." I pointed out with a small smile towards the two. "I'll be back soon." I reassured before I grabbed my jacket off of the chair beside me and walked out of the gates.
~~~~

I walked into the loft and saw Marcel sitting on his couch where I left him. "Well, the moonstones have been destroyed." I stated, leaning against the doorway and watched as he looked up at smirked at me.

"Yeah? I didn't see you or hear of you at any of the scrimmages." Marcel replied, closing the book he held and I shrugged, walking fully into the loft.

"Spilling cocky werewolf blood wasn't really on my agenda today." I answered sarcastically, stopping next to the record player he had in the living room and Marcel chuckled and stood from the couch.

"So what was on he agenda?" He countered, slowly walking towards me and I tilted my head as he stopped in front of me.

"There were a few things that I still have to check off the list." I replied quietly, looking between Marcel's eyes and his lips. Marcel smirked and grabbed me by his waist, pulling me towards him. I laughed and felt my lips meet his before he held me tighter towards him, deepening the kiss. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist before he vamped us towards his bed. I lifted his shirt over his head, breaking the kiss for a second before we connected again as he unbuttoned his jeans.
~~~

"Do you think things will be better in the Quarter now?" I asked, sitting up in the bed while Marcel still lay beside me.

"No. But it was nice fighting with Klaus for a change." Marcel answered and I slowly nodded and looked down at him with a sigh.

"I heard about Joe. And I'm sorry. He was a brave guy." I pointed out and watched as Marcel turned towards me and sat up on his side.

"So are you.. Am I going to see you tomorrow?" Marcel countered softly and I scoffed lightly and looked away from him.

"You know the deal. No attachment or plans, no strings." I answered and watched Marcel smile to himself and look away from me.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just feeling nostalgic." He replied in amusement and I sighed deeply and moved towards the edge of the bed as I started grabbing my clothes. I felt Marcel move from behind me until I felt my hair move from my neck and soft kisses trailed down my temple to my shoulder, making me smile a bit. Flashes of Deja Vu swept through my mind and I quickly cleared my throat and pulled away from him. After a minute of silence, I heard him let out a small sigh. "I don't blame you for not wanting attachments." Marcel stated, moving away from me as I put my tank top on quietly. "Given your past, it's normal to distance yourself. From people and your hometown." He added in a matter of fact tone and I sighed deeply in annoyance.

"I'm distancing myself for a reason. You of all people should understand that, especially given the circumstances of you and Rebekah." I countered emotionlessly and heard Marcel chuckle from behind me as I stood, turning towards him and putting my pants on.

"Rebekah and I have history—that's true. But, I wasn't just laying in my bed with her." Marcel replied with a small and devious smile and I rolled my eyes back at him. "Where are you running off to now?" He asked, tilting his head at me as I grabbed my boots and socks, putting them on.

"If I told you, that would ruin the allure." I stated sarcastically with a smirk as I grabbed my jacket. I moved towards the door before Marcel vamped in front of me, blocking my exit. "I should really be getting back before Klaus and Elijah suspect something." I warned with a sigh and Marcel smirked back at me before putting my cellphone in my back pocket.

"I thought you might need this." Marcel countered, leaning towards me and whispering in my ear. He gently kissed my cheek and pulled back before moving out of the doorway and I smirked a bit. I watched him smile back and walk towards his clothes, making me chuckle softly and walk out.

*Third Person POV*

Damon stood in the kitchen making pancakes in his red and black flannel button up, while Bonnie sat at the table, figuring out a crossword. "Here you go." Damon said, setting a plate in front of her with a pancake that wore a chocolate chip smile and whipped cream fangs.

"Everyday I tell you I hate that." Bonnie pointed out, playfully glaring at him in annoyance as he sat next to her at the table.

"And every day I do it anyway." Damon countered in amusement as he cut into his pancake and the two of them ate it in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 1.8K 23
"She's gone, and I've been left behind to pick up the pieces." The Vampire Diaries Season 7 - 8 Forever Yours Sequel
791K 17.8K 45
Gabriella Gilbert and her identical twin sister, Elena Gilbert had a normal life. Besides the fact that their parents are dead. First day back at sch...
98.5K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
919K 33.6K 70
[ C O M P L E T E D ] ❝ SO I WENT INTO TOM HIDDLESTON'S UBER. AND I WAS DRUNK. VERY. ❞ ☆☆☆ [ TOM HIDDLESTON SOCIAL MEDIA & REAL LIFE FIC ] [ STARTS A...