Orb of Obscurity

Por AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... Más

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- Yūgen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

20- Liberosis

159 16 21
Por AvyannaTremaine

*the desire to care less about things*

_________________________

"Mmm, It's so delicious!" Mare said digging into the food on her plate. "Where did you find this place?"

"My friend brought me to this place sometime before. The food was really delicious. I decided to bring you all here as soon as we discussed about going out for dinner."

We all were seated comfortably on a table. Dae Hyun and Mare were sitting on one side, Ji hyun and his girlfriend opposite them and I was at the head of the table, next to Mare.

They had ordered so much food that I wondered how we would finish it all. I always ate little so I wasn't the best person to take out to eat. I sat there nibbling my food and looking at the others wolfing theirs down.

"Aren't you hungry? Doesn't the food suit your taste?" Dae hyun asked me.

I looked at him in surprise.

"You're barely eating." He pointed at me with his chopsticks.

"That's just how I eat. Really slow, enjoying the taste." I gave him a lop sided smile.

"Eat well." He smiled back.

I loved this moment. Being in the presence of the people you love. I just kept watching them with loving eyes.

And then it struck me. I was behaving like a grandma looking at her kids and grandkids.

I mentally slapped myself. I was growing old. Damn.

We finished food and they had started having drinks. We just sat there teasing each other and having fun. It was all laughter and games.

I was sipping on apple juice. I loved its taste. The way it fizzed and left a sweet aftertaste.

It was around ten at night when Ji hyun screamed, "Karaoke!" And now all of us ended up walking on the street, making our way to the karaoke place.

"Are you having fun?" Dae hyun started walking next to me. I nodded at him and smiled.

"You?" I asked.

"Yes, I am." He smiled. "I didn't know these guys couldn't handle their alcohol. Look at them going crazy in the middle of the road."

We both chuckled. All three of them were walking hand in hand singing some song at the top of their voices.

All the people passing by, were giving us weird looks.

We kept walking when Mare suddenly stopped walking. I was just behind her and I stopped too before I walked into her face first. Dae hyun stumbled too, at stopping suddenly.

I caught him by his arm steadying him. He looked my hand first and then at me.

"Careful." I smiled at him and withdrew my hand.

"Karaoke!" Mare pointed at a place. This idiot had created such a scene just for this? I shook my head.

We entered the karaoke place and they ordered a few more drinks.

The three idiots has started singing right away blasting music at full volume. I put the rolled up piece of cotton in my ears. I always carried them with me. It reduced the impact of the loud noise on my eardrums.

Dae Hyun and I kept talking about a few things when Mare started screaming "Saura will sing next. Saura! Saura!"

They started cheering. Dear God.

"I'm not in the mood Maren. Please." I gave her a disinterested look.

"Shut up and get your arse here." She gave me a scary look. This girl could be really scary at times.

I picked up the mic and went through the list of songs. My heart soared at all the songs that met my eyes. God, this was hard to choose. I loved them all.

I came across DNA. BTS. I smiled. But I wasn't in the mood for fast beat songs. I scrolled through and found it. One of the very first songs that I listened to, of a band that wasn't BTS.

Coward by Buzz. I hit the button.

"That's so slow..."Maren whined. I stuck my tongue out at her and turned back at the screen.

"We all need a break anyways. Sit down." Ji hyun slurred.

I started singing. It was a rock ballad. It started off slow and slowly picked up emotions and then the rock part of the song hits you. I loved it.

I started singing and blocked off other sounds. Soon I was singing my heart out.

(I sang the beginning of the song, just for better imagination.🤭)

When the song ended, I placed the mic on the table and turned back to look at the others.

Mare was looking at me with a smirk. The other three were staring at me blankly.

I knew I shouldn't have sung. I had probably spoiled it. I made my way towards Mare without making eye contact with anyone. I was sitting between Dae hyun and Mare.

"Girl, why didn't you ever tell us that you sing?"

I looked at him surprised. "What?"

"That was so good! You know how to sing?" He looked surprised.

"Was it good?" I looked at him nervously. It had been ages since I had sung out loud and I was worried about having done a bad job.

"It was great. Really good. Are you kidding me?" Ji hyun shook his head at me.

"Really?" I covered my face with my hands embarrassed.

"Don't be shy. It was really good." Dae Hyun pulled my hands away from my face. "You never told us you could sing." He smiled at me fondly.

"Well, it isn't anything big. Not something you drop into a conversation casually." I pulled my hands away, fiddling my thumbs on my lap.

"God you're so cute. Come here." Mare pulled me into a hug.

"Don't mind her. She's just shy." She patted my back.

"Can we go back to what we were doing? This is awkward." I said cuddling into Mare.

Thank God they were drunk and quickly moved on. It was a peaceful night after that.

At around eleven thirty we got cabs to return to the hospital. Mare and I went back to our dorm at the hospital. The other three went home.

We went to our dorms and said goodbye to each other. I changed clothes and fell on the bed letting out a huge breath. I picked up my phone to check for messages and saw one from Jimin.

(I am dying from cuteness.)

*Goodnight to a cutie from two cuties*

My heart clenched as I looked at photo. They looked so cute.

*Why are you both in the same bed???🤨*

I chuckled and was scrolling through social media when I got a notification that the 'Try guys' had uploaded a video. I smiled excited and opened the video.

I was halfway through when I got a reply from Jimin.

*I swear it's not what you think. We're innocent. 😖*

I smirked.

*And what proof do you have?🙄*

*Umm...(sweats nervously) what do I say now Tae?*

Did he seriously write all that? Including the sweating part? Jeez.

Suddenly another message popped up. I opened it.

*So you think he belongs to you now that you spent a night with him?*

Who the hell was this?

The overthinking part of my brain came alive. Was it a crazy fan? Did they find out about us and decide to harass me?

I didn't know what to do.

*Who is this?*

*The original owner of your boyfriend.*

I gulped. It's a stalker for sure.

*I am reporting you to the police if you don't tell who you are.*

At the same time Chim texted me.

*Baby, you there? Why aren't you responding? I was just kidding. Did you take it seriously?*

This idiot. 

*Of course not. Um, someone just texted me telling me that you are their boyfriend and all. Could it be one of your fans?*

I sat up in my bed and had started breathing heavily by then.

*What? Holy sh.... Oh my God. Wait, I'll call you. Use a headphone keep talking to me and see if more messages come up.*

The seriousness of the situation sank in and I shuddered. People were so scary. Did I have to change numbers? Buy a new phone? Oh no.

I was brought back to earth by my phone ringing. I hurriedly put in my earphones and took the call.

"Hello?"

*Saura? Baby are you okay?" He said in an agitated voice.

"Ye.... Yeah I'm fine. What should we do now, Chim?" I started biting my nails. Bad habit but heck I was nervous and excited at the same time.

Why was I excited? Because never in my life did I expect such a thing to happen.

*Just... Well, just keep cool and talk to me. Tell me if you get any more messages.* He said in a soothing tone.

"I am not panicking. I'm just finding the whole situation funny." I chuckled.

*Wh....what?* He sounded bewildered.

"I don't know, it's just that the whole situation is weird and new. Someone actually took the trouble to find my number to threaten me." I started laughing.

There was silence on the other side.

*You are one weird woman Saura and I love you for it.* He cackled.

Another message popped up.

*So you told him? That wasn't wise. I'll get you back but don't think you're free from my clutches.*

I started laughing out loud at the message.

*Why what happened?* He asked.

I read the message out to him.

"It's so cringe and typical. Like every movie villain says that. I'd like to see this person try." I scoffed.

*You are really something. What if they kidnapped you or something?"

"People who send these messages aren't bold enough to do things in real life. They're real cowards." I sneered.

Another message popped up.

*You think I won't hurt you? Keep dreaming...until I get you. I'll see you on your next date with your boyfriend.*

The person was going to meet us? Well I was curious too. You were more than welcome.

I read the message to Chim.

*I am going to get some bodyguards to keep us safe, if needed.* He sighed.

"Don't overdo it. I am finally feeling it though." I said with a hint of a smirk in my voice.

*What? Are you scared?" He asked. He sounded a bit excited. What the hell?

"No! I am feeling the perks of having a celeb for a boyfriend." I chortled.

*You crazy woman.*

I chuckled. "Alright, I have to work tomorrow. Good night babe."

*You're leaving already? I wanted to talk for a while though. Alright, good night.* He said in a whiny voice.

"I'm really tired, and I have a long day ahead. I have a surgery to attend too." I felt bad. We barely had time to speak to each other.

*I get it. See you later. Bye.*

I went to sleep peacefully.
________________________

*So what do you want to do this time?* Jimin asked.

We were on the phone. I was signing some reports. It was a weekend. It had been two weeks since we had seen each other. Another Saturday and Sunday free, if we didn't have any emergencies. Those were the perks of being a senior student. The juniors took care of stuff.

Rude? Nope, we went through the same drill. At first I found it rude and stayed back during weekends too. Turned out that I had nothing to do. So I decided to enjoy the weekend instead.

"I don't know. We've done it all, cafe, late night walks, rooftops, even a beach and long drive. What more do we have left?" I chuckled.

*Shall I surprise you?* He sounded excited.

"Knock yourself out. I'll wait for it." I challenged him.

*You don't know what's in store for you.* He said mockingly.

"Well sir, I am waiting. See you in the evening.......and, can I drive?" I asked him excitedly.

I didn't have my plans after college ready. I didn't know if I was going to stay in Korea or go back to my country. So buying a vehicle was out of question. No situation arose where I had to rent a car. So life was smooth. I did ride a friend's car from time to time to not lose touch.

*Sure. I would have bought you a car if I knew you loved driving so much.*

"Don't. I already feel that I am not doing anything for you." I said embarrassed.

*What the hell?* He paused. *Since when have you been having such stupid thoughts?*

"Um.... I.."

*Saura you don't have to do anything because you feel like you have to. Just be yourself. Don't feel obliged to do anything. Did I ever complain about you troubling me?* He sounded angry, almost hurt.

"Well no, but..." I replied.

*That's it! There's your answer. Don't feel like that and don't say such a thing again. Also, let me spoil you. I love doing it anyways.* He said giggling.

"I don't like it that way. I don't want you to do it just because you can. Makes me feel small." I pouted.

*Well I will do it because I can and want to. You are not going to stop me. No one is.*

I sighed. I gave in. "Yeah whatever. Do whatever you want to. I can't argue with you."

*Good girl.*  He said, his voice hinting his triumph.

"Excuse me?" I froze. What was I, a kid?

*See you at seven.* He cut the call.

"Hell.... Did he just cut the call?" I looked at my phone in disbelief.

"What happened?" Ji hyun asked me.

"He hung up on me!" I replied. Wow.

"Well show your anger when you see him today and not on the reports. You're going to put a hole through the papers." He chuckled.

I looked down and saw that my pen was about to tear a hole into the paper. I chuckled at myself.

As I was about to sign the next paper, my phone indicated the arrival of a message.

*Very happy are we? Let's see who will be laughing by the end of the day.*

_______________________

Author's Note:

Stupid stalker. 🙄

Until then, I can't bear to look at him. He's too handsome for this world. Should have been named universally handsome. 💕💕

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

38.9K 893 24
❗❕ Jungkook X Reader Fanfic ❕❗ 🎬 Short story.. 🎬 Hate to Love. 🎬 Drity talking. 🎬 Dual POV. 🎬 Office Romance. 🎬 Grumpy X Sunshine. 🎬 Bromance...
5.9K 268 10
"Doctor how is my wife? Is she ok" Taehyung asked while looking at doctor. "Don't worry Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim is fine she just need time take a little r...
1.7K 511 21
[ Completed ] •look me in the Eyes, then tell me pretty Lies• --------------------------♡---------------------------- What will you do if the person...
7.8K 255 40
Heyy guys!!! This is my very first fanfiction ever!!! I hope that you guys will like it:) ...