Once There Was A Twist

By JLblackclandestine

"I don't need a man to complete me." -Hanaiah Virellares More

Prologue
MCG 1
MCG 2
MCG 3
MCG 4
MCG 5
MCG 6
MCG 7
MCG 8
MCG 9
MCG 10
MCG 11
MCG 12
MCG 13
MCG 14
MCG 15
MCG 16
MCG 17
MCG 18
MCG 19
MCG 20
MCG 21
MCG 22
MCG 23
MCG 24
MCG 25
MCG 26
MCG 27
MCG 28
MCG 29
MCG 30
MCG 31
MCG 32
MCG 33
MCG 34
MCG 35
MCG 36
MCG 37
MCG 38
MCG 39
MCG 40
MCG 41
MCG 42
MCG 43
MCG 44
MCG 45
MCG 46
MCG 47
MCG 48
MCG 49
MCG 50
Epilogue

VAUGHNN

77 12 0
By JLblackclandestine

We are born for love. It is the principle of existence, and it's only end.

-Benjamin Disraeli

"ANO BA? Hindi mo kasi ginagawa nang maayos ang trabaho mo. Ang tanga-tanga mo alam mo?"

A loud voice captured everyone's attention. Isang babaeng nasa edad kuwarenta na siguro ang sumisigaw. Her drinks was spilled on the floor.

"Sorry po ma'am," the crew replied with her shivering voice. Her downcast gaze implies to the embarrassment she was feeling.

"Sorry? What will I do with your sorry, ha? Ba't ba kasi hindi ka nag-iingat? Hindi ka ba na-orient? 'Di mo alam ang job description mo?"

No one stopped the humiliation. Some just turned blind and deaf.  The crew could no longer take it, she didn't try to lift her face and stayed still.

"You want me to talk to your manager?"

The lady have no plans to stop. I stood up with the intent to meddle with the commotion.

Pero may mas nauna sa akin doon. A woman.

"Excuse me po. Ano po bang nangyari?" tanong niya. The voice, I think I heard that somewhere. Hindi ko makita ang mukha niya dahil nakatalikod siya mula sa akin.

"Hindi mo ba nakita? She spilled my drink!" inis na sagot ng babae.

"Ay 'yon lang pala? Ako na ho ang magbabayad sa natapon n'yong inumin ma'am," malumanay na saad ng babae.

But the lady to whom she was talking with was not ready to drop it yet. Now, it became interesting.

"Huh? 'Yon lang? Just who do you think you are? Kakilala mo itong tanga-tanga na 'to?"

Pilit kong inaaninag ang hitsura ng babae. I have no choice but to cross our distance to find a better view.

"Oh. We're not related. Just a concerned citizen. Isa pa, gusto ko lang ipaalala sa'yo na nasa publiko tayo. Lahat ng tao rito may cellphone baka gusto n'yo po mag-viral at makasuhan? You are exactly degrading her," she replied.

Half of her face was now visible, and I immediately recognized who she was.

The girl at the bar. Such a coincidence!

"Gha, 'ito na 'yong singkuwenta pambayad sa inumin niyang ale. Intindihin mo na lang 'yan. Menopause na siguro," she added. And before the lady could respond she was out of the store.

Tumalikod na rin ang crew nang nakangiti samantalang ang babae naman ay naupo na sa kanyang puwesto.

I'm sure she feel bad right now. That was an insult, to accurate to disregard.

"Dude? Have you seen that?" salubong sa'kin ni Lance. I'm quite relieved that not only bad things occur with his decision. His insistence to eat here bore a productive result.

"That was Hanaiah Virellares."

"How did you know her?" I asked, making it sound less enthusiastic, fearing he might perceive my eagerness.

"I know all the pretty ladies, dude. Nagtratrabaho siya doon sa kompanyang matagal ng nanliligaw sa'yo."

Napangiti ako sa sinabi niya.I see, what a small world.

****

"WHAT the? Ano bang nakain mo at pina-unlakan mo ang imbitasyon nila? I thought you see their products lousy?" complained Lance.

"For a change. I'm up to second chances anyway." The lesser interest I pour, the safer my purpose.

And I don't exactly know why I'm doing this. It's just that, something was urging me to do so.

The company was smaller, than I thought, and the woman at the information desk was too overwhelmed with our sudden visit.

We went directly to the CEO's office since Lance was acquainted with her.

On our way, I can't stop glancing at him, the thought of his relationship with that woman was bothersome.

Napansin niya ang mga titig ko at bigla siyang napatawa.

"I know what you're thinking. You're wrong, okey? She's I think forty years old up. Though she still look hot she's just not my type," wika niya.

Though I kept silent, I'm sure he had an idea already.

"Whatever," he added. Humarap siya sa pinto at kumatok.

He repeated the gesture a couple of times before the door swung open. It revealed to me a young lady, the one who was infront  and an older one sitting on her swivel chair.

I presumed the latter was the CEO.

"Mr. Clark!"

I didn't know to whom she was referring to. She might have forgotten there's two of us, but the stare confirmed it was for me.

The secretary made us seat, and the CEO smiled with relish.

"Hi,Mrs?"

"It's Miss Ream Leandres."

Lance was right, the lady appears to be in her fourthies but still a miss.

"Vaughnn Clark," I replied and received her hand laid infront for a handshake.

"I feel you have something to talk about, right? So I guess I need to leave the two of you," Lance said. He immediately fled away without waiting for my response. What a dork.

"It's great to have you here, Mr. Clark. What would you like us to talk about?"

"Can you tour me around your marketing department?" I asked. Going directly to the point will save me time. I have a tight schedule today but here I am.

She agreed and minutes later, I was at the floor where her employees at that department worked.

"Here they are. Everyone seems to be busy. Magla-launch kasi kami ng new product this June."

Another product? Parang kalalabas lang ng produkto nila 3 tatlong buwan ang nakalipas pero na-wipe out na agad sa market.

"Where's the team who proposed the product?"

I had a hunch that this was the content of their proposal. A little while, she called a woman by the name Drea and labeled her as the product manager. I was expecting it to be someone and I can't stop my eyes from roaming around to spot the one I've been looking for.

"Are you looking for something Mr. Clark?" the CEO asked.

"It is someone actually," I responded. "I was told that Hanaiah Virellares is working here?"

The CEO confirmed that indeed, she's an employee here. I'm glad Lance's information are all accurate.

"Can you please call her?"

But Drea protested, insisting that she's the one who knows the product well. However, it's not what I needed now. I turned back and was about to leave. I detest such action.

"Wait, Mr. Clark, please give us a minute. Ngayon pa lang kasi siya papasok," the CEO called. It made me face her.

"Next time, teach your people the proper attitude."

"Pagpasensyahan n'yo na po siya. She was just stressed from work and didn't have proper sleep yet," she said, covering the mistake of her subordinate.

"I have more stress to handle than her," I replied, without a spark of interest.

Drea apologized but I couldn't see any hint of sincerity from her words.

Nevertheless, I accepted her sorry.

"So, where is Hanaiah?" I asked again. Hindi naman sa nagmamadali ako pero may hinahabol din akong oras.

"She is coming. Jimma? Will you please text her to hurry?"

****

"What are you planning to do?" Dad asked. His eyes fixed on mine. Probably trying to read my mind.

I've been coming to Hanaiah's company a couple of times and the news reached his ear. A personal reason will never appease him and I have never made such attempt before.

"I'm at the midst of reviewing the proposal," I replied. Apparently, it was not a good one. The flaws can be corrected, but I don't know if it will attract the buyers. Isa pa, none of their products lasted long. I'm guessing they just managed to survive by relying on their sister company.

"There is nothing to review, Vaughnn! The company is a mess. They don't even deserve a spot for your attention!" he hissed.

I know where that all that came from, he was right. Hindi sikat ang kompanya nila Hanaiah. I won't even take a second look upon reading their background.

"Trust me with this one," I stated. I never make mistake, but if I do, I got ways to get out of it. I will never make decision  that would drag the company down.

"Check Dayang company!" he oredered. I even heard the sound of folder hitting the table. Dad turned his swivel chair at the opposite direction, making him view the scene outside our company.

Kinuha ko ang folder at nagpaalam na. Upon reaching my own office, I read the files.

I see, the issue with Dayang and Azeah six years ago. Both company was doing well not until this scandal broke.

Napahilot ako sa sintido. This was gonna be a hard work for me. It's not my thing to take higher risk, I have more choices. . .

But Han. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.1K 22
Rui stepped closer, and snaked a hand around her waist. Pakiramdam ni Tori ay may sasabog na yatang major artery sa puso niya. Why is he holding her...
7.7M 220K 50
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
1.1M 51.6K 66
[Highest Rank Achieved #15 in Humor as of October 8 2018; #24 in adventure, #3 in Babysitter] Volume 2 of The Badass Babysitter is now completed.
269K 14.9K 28
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.