Solitary

By CaptainLux07

Solus is often alone. She fits her name rather well in fact, as that is the only thing she knows how to be. ... More

Chapter 1- Full House
Chapter 2- The Perfect School Girl Smoothie
Chapter 3- Unknowingly Knowing
Chapter 4- Invasion of the Plutocrats
Chapter 5- I Hate Cherries
Chapter 6- It's Just a Party
Chapter 7- Abusive Cold
Chapter 8- Hangovers and Hang Up's
Chapter 9- Like a Slut
Chapter 10- Whores and Dancing Monkeys
Chapter 11- Making Nice
Chapter 12- Daddy Nikolai's Lap
Chapter 13- Call Me Nikolai
Chapter 14- Judgement Day
Chapter 15- Nearly 500
Chapter 17- Filling Up
Chapter 18- Missed Call
Chapter 19- Say My Name
Chapter 20- Glamour Eyes
Chapter 21- Fun House
Chapter 22- Music of the Jungle
Chapter 23- Knee's Buckle
Chapter 24- Brawler's Mouth
Chapter 25- Fae Fun
Chapter 26- Stray Stay
Chapter 27- A Bitch's Deaf Ears
Chapter 28- Learning the Steps
Chapter 29- Fucking Hear Me
Chapter 30- Not Even a Day
Chapter 31- Shutting Down
Chapter 32- A Specter's Heir
Chapter 33- Can I get a Refill please?
Chapter 34- Songbird Hear Me, Please
Chapter 35- Second Chances for Second Chances
Chapter 36- Talk to Me Comrade
Chapter 37- Getting to Know You
Chapter 38- It only took a Kiss
Chapter 39- Bomb Drop
Chapter 40- Sex in the Air
Chapter 41- Sex in my Lungs
Chapter 42- Junkyard Dog
Chapter 43- Speak when Spoken to
Chapter 44- Weird Ass Traditions
Chapter 45- Let's Try This Again
Chapter 46- What Friends Do
Chapter 47- Gossip Hounds
Chapter 48- One Machete Please
Chapter 49- Peg all Men
Chapter 50- Like an Anarchist
Chapter 51- Trust First
Chapter 52- Drowning in Jack
Chapter 53- Lost Memories
Chapter 54- A Night Out
Chapter 55- Mouse Trap
Chapter 56- What Makes an Honest Man
Chapter 57- Let Me
Chapter 58- Past Lessons
Chapter 59- Tempature Checks
Chapter 60- It's Been Interesting
Chapter 61- Rivalry Requires Starvation
Chapter 62- Who Did "It" Better
Chapter 63- Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 64- Mature Content Warning
Chapter 65- Judgement Day 2.0
Chapter 66- Let Me Have This
Chapter 67- A Paradox of Two
Chapter 68- Little Big Women
Chapter 69- Through the Trenches
Chapter 70- Happy Birthday
Chapter 71- Nothingness and Moonlight
Chapter 72- Forgive and Forget You Not
Chapter 73- Just a Fancy Headdress
Chapter 74- Fight Me on It
Chapter 75- A Sweet Moment
Chapter 76- Proceed as Usual
Chapter 77- Anything for You

Chapter 16- Intimacy Amongst Strangers

15.9K 714 101
By CaptainLux07

I had just finished loading my SUV with the last of my things.

My mattress from the basement laid out on the front lawn with a couple of other things I decided to throw away.

Layla and Sabrina watched from the bay window of the kitchen as I slammed the trunk door shut. My father standing at the door way.

He couldn't hide his anger even if he tried. What I was doing was disrespecting him and shaming our family. Females are not supposed to leave their childhood home unless it's with their mates.

Well I'm lucked out.

"I absolutely forbid you to leave." My father came down the steps as I threw a box filled with my games into the back seat.

"I'm not staying in this house with you." I say. He can't stop me no matter how strong he thinks he is. I've fought men bigger than my dad plenty of times when I went to the city.

I could easily take him on if need be.

Leaning against the drivers side I put a cigarette between my lips and light it.

"You are only eighteen! What you are doing is neglecting your family!"

"I'm twenty dad and my family has neglected me for the past seven years." My tone even and calm. My father growls lowly. "You think you can intimidate me? You think you can hurt me more than you have in the past? I'm not Layla or Cody, and that's exactly why you've never paid attention to me. Which makes this easier than you think."

I flick my cigarette towards the mattress and it instantly ignites in flames.

I could hear my mothers screams from the kitchen as I jumped into my car and pulled into the street.

The rain beginning to fall as I put the pedal to the metal and sped away. My phone went off with Hal's name on the screen but I ignored it. I wanted nothing to do with anyone right now, and I wasn't in any mood to entertain his antics.

My new place was closer to pack borders and close to the cliffs. The view of the city in the distance, lit up and alive calling to me. Inviting me to come back and make noise like I used to.

It was in a small apartment complex that faced the view of the city. But further away from other wolves my age, instead it had a mix of other super naturals. I could smell the scent of a few sprites and faeries, gorgons and maybe a vampire.

Unloading everything into my new apartment was a long task. The emptiness here was screaming and my heartbeat seemed too loud. My phone went off again with Hal's name on the screen.

I answered this time.

"What?"

"Dude what's this about setting a fire on your front lawn?The entire pack is talking about it!"

"And?"

"Sol did you run away?" He asks.

"No, I'm still here." I say.

"Where?"

"I moved out. That's it. It didn't run away." I say as I walk through the apartment. One bedroom, one bathroom, the living room and the kitchen. For myself, and only myself. I don't have to hide and sneak around in shame.

"Are you gonna show me your new place?" He asks.

"I need to take a shower and unpack Hal." I say curtly and hang up the phone. I don't need Hal knowing where I live.

It's silent again and the sun is starting to set. I dig through my boxes until I find what I'm looking for. Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, grabbing a section of hair I raise the scissors and snip the chunk off.

The piece floating to the floor and the lock of hair hanging just under my chin.

I keep going.

Cutting off the long strands of hair, feeling the weight come off. Their wasn't so much weight anymore and I could feel the lightness. Running my fingers through the short strands, It didn't feel so burdensome.

Sweeping up the hair and jumping into the shower, scrubbing hard at my skin as I washed myself clean. Desperate to get the smell of my childhood off me, my skin was practically red when I finally got out of the shower.

Drying and flat ironing my hair, I fixed it until it came down in a sleek bob. Dressing in baggy blue ripped jeans with fishnet tights underneath, a sports bra and a baggy sweatshirt on.

I was feeling refreshed. Sliding on my combat boots I grabbed my car keys and headed out. Passing by a neighbor in the hall way who gave me an odd look. No doubt because they've never seen me before.

"Excuse me did you just move into 5J?" They called putting to me. A tall feminine faerie with her wings tucked behind a long pink sweater. Curly baby pink hair tucked behind a pink headband and her deep mocha skin glittering with essence.

Faeries are naturally appealing to almost anyone. I could smell her cotton candy fragrance, my wolf didn't mind if we saw her more than once a week.

"Yeah."

"I'm Winter, I live in 5D. It's nice to meet you." She says and gives me a kind smile.

"You too. I'm Solus." I say with a nod and continue on my way. Jumping in my car I headed into the city. Driving a long the highway until I saw the beacon of bright sky scrapers.

I felt a smile come across my face as I sped up.

***

Grits was booming with life. People drinking and partying left and right. A smile painted on my face as I moved passed the aggressive, shouting group of men who were betting on the two in the center.

Both men in the middle brawling hard as blood painted the cement ground.

Moving down the crowded hall into where the bass of an EDM song was making the walls shake. I could smell the drugs and sex in the air. Looking to the dark corners and seeing piles of naked writhing bodies meshed together.

Passing pills and drinks, the DJ the main focus of the room as he was hidden behind massive screens that displayed bouncing ribbons of light. Every color painting the room as the black light made it into fantasy.

No one would guess the life of those that came to this beautiful and filthy place. It was hidden and secret, alive and breathing.

I loved this place. Where everyone here were just as angry, lonely, and yearn as me. Where intimacy amongst strangers was encouraged.

The mass in the center of the room grinded together as their eyes rolled back into their skulls letting the music do its magic.

"I haven't seen you here in months." A voice whispers into my ear. I turn and see Seffy. A long time Grits goer and a person that was more of a friend to me than Hal. He was taller than me by a few inches. A wolf like me, his hair dyed neon green, his mono-lid eyes glowing gold as he watched me.

"Student life is crazy." I say.

"Last time I saw you here, you were brawling for a hefty sum of fifty grand."

"I needed a car and Neoma is expensive." I shrug.

"So what brings you back?" He asks as he hands me a glowing green drink. "Are you here to party? Dance with me and let loose."

"Actually no, I'm here for a fight. A good one. I just got a new place and I need some furniture."

"You moved out?" He asks. "Where did that come from?"

"Stupid shit with the family that I wasn't going to put up with. So I left."

"Well, you are in luck tonight. Loco is here and he's been wanting a rematch since you whipped him last time."

"And I'll whip him again. How much is it this time?"

"A cool fifty-five thousand. But we have a few big ballers tonight, if they see you, they'll throw in more and you could be walking away with as much as eighty."

I smirked at him and nodded slowly.

"So we gonna start the show?"

"The minute you shoot that back." Seffy whispers and hits his chin across the room. There I saw Loco standing with a look of death on his face. "They want to see a fight, a good one."

Seffy points up to the balcony where several men in suits eye me.

"Let's do this." I say and chug down the radioactive looking drink.

***

A cage match.

Loco and I heaving as blood ran down my temple and he glared at me over a broken nose.

It's the final round and my opponent is looking to end this. Twice my size and with muscles like a giant, if I wasn't as trained as I was he would have killed me a long time ago.

"Last round!" Seffy shouts over the screams as he holds out another glass for me. The same liquid he's been giving for the last two rounds.

I throw it back, tasting the sweetness of the syrupy grub and the iron of my own blood.

"You can beat him, alright! He's swinging angry and he's not going to get much on you if you move fast."

"I got him!" I shout back.

The bell rings and we lunge at each other teeth bared and wolfs raging. Our drugged up senses blinded with nothing but rage. He swings, his fist missing as I dive under his arm. My claws come out as I dig my nails into his side tearing into his flesh.

Growling in pain as his eyes flash gold. He lunges at me again as I move quickly sweeping his feet out from under him. He slides across the floor and I move quickly straddling his chest.

My bare knuckles coming down hard against his face, again and again and again. His blood covering my hand as the drink works it's unholy magic. Ribbons of his blood painting the ground with every punch.

He throws me off, as he groans holding his face.

The crowd bowls at my hand work as blood drips from his face like an open faucet.

Sweat and grime covered our bodies, blood decorating our skin as I gave him a sadistic smile. My wolf humming in satisfaction. Baring our teeth and flashing my eyes, we were ready for him.

He was fast but we were faster. Sliding under his leg that came up barely missing my face, I turned and jumping onto his back I yanked his head to the side and sinking my teeth into his jugular.

Blood poured from the wound and he fell to his knees. Screaming in pain as I dug my teeth into his neck refusing to let go. My jaw locked on to him, as the crowd went silent.

I wouldn't kill him if he submitted. I could taste the pride in his blood, how beaten it was, the hate for me and the shame for losing.

His blood dripping down my chin and soaking into my sports bra as I waited.

With a growl he shifted his neck to the side in submission. I have a low sadistic growl of my own and threw him to the blood. Spitting how his blood with a rancid look on my face.

I leaped up with finesse grabbing the iron bars of the cage, and hoisted myself out of the latch at the top. Standing with ease on the metal structure I gave a loud howl of victory.

The crowd lets out a deafening roar as I went to go claim my prize money. The suits in the room seemingly pleased with the performance I gave and eyes me as I walked passed them.

Seffy was quick to catch up.

"Am I good or what?" I ask with a cocky smirk.

"You're fantastic. Now are we going to party?"

"Sure, I actually have a reason to celebrate."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 50.3K 41
WATTPAD FEATURED - 30/11/2017 WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST - 31/08/2018 WATTPAD WEREWOLF FEATURED - 05/09/2020 WATTPAD EXPLORER WEREWOLF WEEK - 26/10/2020 [W...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
314K 12.8K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
2.7K 168 39
All she wants is freedom, but her vile mate, a suspicious Lycan King, and her haunting pasts soils that dream. ********** When Milia loses her family...