Remnant's Wolverine (Wolverin...

By jushait

(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your pa... More

Enter Wolverine
Initiation
Players and Pieces
The Burden
The Stray
Welcome to Beacon
Man and Mutants
omg holy fuck
A Minor Inconvenience
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 1
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 2
Round One
Never Miss A Beat
Something's Wrong
Goodbye
New Life, New Problems
Daughter
Two In One Body
That Day
Hope
Long Time No See
Complicated Reunion
Fight For What's Right
The Wolverine
The Truth
Down Memory Lane
Argus
Our Way
Ace-Operatives
Sparks
Gone To Shit
Confession
Out In The Open
With Friends Like These
Divide And Conquer
Strings
A Cinderella Story
War
...
Round Two

Forever Fall

7.8K 116 126
By jushait

"There we were, in the middle of the night-" Nora was interrupted.

"It was day," said Ren

"We were surrounded by Ursai-"

"They were Beowolves,"

"Dozens of them!"

"Two of them,"

"But they were no match, in the end; Ren and I took them down! And made a boatload of lien selling Ursa skin rugs,"

"I never knew you could skin them," said Y/N as he eats his food, Jaune wasn't and it was worrying Pyrrha and Ruby.

"She's been having this reoccuring dream for over a month now," said Ren.

"Jaune, eat your food," said Y/N not taking his eyes off of his food, Jaune didn't respond.

"Jaune, are you okay?" Asked Pyrrha.

"Huh? Oh yeah, why?"

"It's just that you seem a little.. not okay,"

"Eh, Guys i'm fine! Seriously, look!" Said Jaune while faking a laugh, getting a look from Y/N. In the distance, was Team CRDL, mocking a certain bunny faunus girl.

"Those sick bastards.. they better watch out this evening," whispered Y/N as he glared at the team.

"Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school," said Pyrrha.

"Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah, he just likes to mess around you know? Practical jokes!" Said Jaune.

"He's a bully," said Ruby.

"Oh please, name one time he has bullied me," said Jaune.

"There's one time he trapped you with your shield against a doorway, one time, he put you in a rocket-propelled locker and sent you away; I had to chase you, you know?" Said Y/N as the group at the table look at Jaune.

"I didn't land far from the school," said Jaune.

"Did not land far my ass, you almost went into the ocean," said Y/N while pointing at Jaune with his butter knife.

"Jaune, you know if you ever need any help, you can just ask," said Pyrrha.

"Ooh! We'll break his legs!" Said Nora.

"No no! Let's do more," said Y/N.

"Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me, he's a jerk to everybody!"

"That's why if we hurt him, we'll be doing everyone a favor," said Y/N.

"Oww! That hurts!" Said the Bunny Faunus girl. Unknown to Y/N his claws are slowly coming out, out of pure anger.

"Please, stop!"

"I told you it was real!" Said Cardin.

"What a freak!" Said Russel. Cardin finally lets go of the Bunny faunus girl's ears.

"Atrocious, I can't stand people like him,"

"He's not the only one," said Blake.

"It must be hard to be a faunus,".said Yang.

"Guys, I'm gonna head outside for a while," said Y/N as he left the table.

Once Y/N was outside, he opened his cigarette pack, and started to smoke.

"That asshole's going to get what's coming to him," said Y/N. Team CRDL walked outside and saw Y/N smoking.

"Oh, look there's an adult here!" Said Cardin as he and his team approaches Y/N. Y/N never kept his eyes off of Cardin.

"What are you looking at? Weirdo," said Cardin as he tried to shove Y/N, but Y/N was heavy and Cardin wasn't strong enough to push him. Cardin comes closer to Y/N, he was much taller than Y/N. Y/N grabbed Cardin by the collar and held him upwards with one hand.

"Listen punk, if you ever; ever so slightly harrass anyone, I'll tell you this.. you won't even be real, you won't even exist anymore, cause I will find you and your body won't even be recognizable when i'm done, understand me? Now, scram before I change my mind," said Y/N as he sets cardin down.

"Think you're so tough huh do you?" Said Cardin as he punches Y/N's head, unknown to Cardin, Y/N's skull was all purely metal; so Cardin's fingers were broken in all places.

"Try that again, what's broken won't only be your finger," said Y/N as he punches Cardin in the face, knocking him out.

"Get your shit-worth of a leader out of my face," ordered Y/N.

Y/N walks back in and sees that Team RWBY and Team JNPR are already gone.

"Damn, where'd they go?" Said Y/N as he looks around. He gives up his search and starts walking back to the Dorm building.

"I'm not gonna bother walking to Oobleck's class, that man's insane," said Y/N as he reaches the dorm building.

"Eh.. should I? Fine," said Y/N as he walks back to the School Building.

Y/N reaches the Class just after Cardin had flicked a paper to Jaune's head.

When Y/N comes in Cardin immediately goes back to his normal position while glaring at Y/N.

"What is the answer?" Asked Oobleck.

"Uhh, the answer.. is... the advantage of the faunus.. had over.. that guy's stuff... was.." said Jaune as he looks behind Dr. Oobleck and at Pyrrha. Pyrrha gestures her eyes.

"U-um, Binoculars!" Said Jaune, getting a laugh from students in the class. Y/N takes a seat beside the Bunny Girl.

"Hey, you're velvet, right?"

"Y-Yes, a-and you are?"

"I'm Y/N, and don't mind me sitting here,"

"S-Sure," said Velvet.

"Very funny, Mr. Arc. Cardin, perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject?" Asked Oobleck.

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier," said Cardin. This sentence triggered something within Y/N, he doesn't know why and what it is.

"You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you Cardin?"

"What? You got a problem?"

"No, I have the answer!"

"It's Night Vision. Many faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark," said Pyrrha, as Cardin growls.

"General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the faunus in their sleep, his massive army was outmatched, and the General was captured, but to this day, no one knows how the Faunus had tackled over such an army by themselves, maybe they had help, and maybe if General Lagune had paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure," said Blake, causing Cardin to get up from his seat and raise his fist.

"Mr. Winchester, please take your seat," said Oobleck.

"You, Y/N and Mr. Arc can see me after class for additional readings," said Oobleck as Y/N, Cardin and Jaune groans.

"Now, Moving on!" Said Oobleck.

Timeskip

"You go on ahead! I'll wait for Jaune," said Pyrrha.

"You three have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't knoe if it is lack of interest, or your stubborn nature, but whatever it is-" said Oobleck before drinking his cup and putting it down.

"-It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so! I expect you to act like it," Said Oobleck.

"History is important gentlemen! If you can't learn from it, you are destined to repeat it! Pages 51 to 91, I want an essay by my desk next class, Now, run along!" Said Oobleck.

The three of them walked out of class and Cardin almost shoved Jaune but then he remembers that Y/N was here.

"You know, I really will break his legs," said Pyrrha.

"I have an idea! Here come with me!" Said Pyrrha before dragging Jaune away.

"Heh, teenage love," said Y/N. Y/N thought for a while and decided to follow them.

"Pyrrha I know I'm getting through a tough time right now, but I'm not THAT depressed, I can always be a farmer or something," said Jaune as he looks down the ledge.

"N-No! That's not why I brought you up here!"

"Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class, and that you're still not the strongest of fighters so.."

"I want to help you!" Said Pyrrha, happily.

"W-What?"

"We can train up here after class where no-one can bother us!" Said Pyrrha.

"You.. think I need help?"

"No! No, that's not what I meant,"

"But you just said it," said Jaune.

"Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time, it doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You've made it to beacon, that speaks volumes of what you're capable of!"

"You're wrong, I-I don't belong here,"

"That's a terrible thing to say, of course you do!"

"No, I don't!" Said Jaune, before sighing.

"I wasn't really accepted into Beacon,"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I didn't go to combat school! I didn't pass any tests! I didn't earn my spot at this academy! I lied,"

"I got my hands on some fake transcripts and I lied,"

"What? But why?"

"Cause, this is what I've always wanted to be! My Father, My Grandfather! His Father before him were all warriors! They were all warriors! I wanted to be one too.. I was just never good enough,"

"Then let me help you,"

"I don't want help! I don't want to be the Damsel in Distress! I want to be the hero!"

"Jaune, I-"

"I am tired of being he lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand?! If I can't do this on my own.. then what good am I?" Said Jaune. Pyrrha reaches for Jaune's arm but he backs away.

"Just, leave me alone.. okay?"

"If that's what you think is best," said Pyrrha as she leaves.

As Pyrrha leaves, on her way she finds Y/N.

"Hey, Pyrrha you-"

"Leave me be, Y/N," said Pyrrha as she keeps walking.

"Pyrrha, wait," said Y/N.

"What!? What is it?" Asked Pyrrha.

"I know you love him, Pyrrha. Come with me," said Y/N, as Pyrrha followed him.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see,"

As they walked out of the school, they stopped at the stairs that led to the entrance.

"Pyrrha, when the time comes, promise me you will say all your feelings to him, in this stairway,"

"Why? What's so special about this stairway,"

"Exactly, nothing, nothing is special about this stairway, it is up to you to make it special. Only you can change Jaune's perspective, I know that, you can make him believe that he is worthy of being called a hero, that he is as tough as you,"

"I-I don't know if I can do that, I mean you saw how he reacted,"

"Don't help him, only train and change his perspective about the world he lives in, I believe that a mindset can make the strongest warrior; if said mindset is as strong as steel. And you have that mindset, you can change Jaune into something he wants to be, what you want him to be,"

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because I am willing to bet that he is a Warrior at heart, it's just that; his heart is locked away by chains.. and I believe that you are the key, you are the key to his heart," said Y/N. Pyrrha hugs Y/N and cries to his shoulder.

"You remind me of someone," said Y/N.

"A redhead too," said Y/N, getting a laugh from Pyrrha.

"Now go, go sleep, you'll need it for the field trip tommorow," said Y/N as he lets go of Pyrrha.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for that, I needed it,"

"Hey, like what you said, everybody needs a little push sometimes," said Y/N as he sits on the stair and leans on the pillar. He draws his claws out and looks at it.

"Who.. am I?" Asked Y/N, before drifting to deep slumber.

Timeskip

"Yes students the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful, but we are not here to sight-see. Proffesor Peaches asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest,"

"And I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so," said Proffesor Glynda as she leads the group of students.

"Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap, however; this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stand by your teammates, we will rendezvouz back here at four o' clock. Have fun!"

"C'mon buddy! Let's g-" said Cardin before he was interrupted by Y/N.

"Jaune! Come with me," said Y/N, glaring at Cardin.

"Leave those there," said Y/N, pointing at the luggage Jaune had carried for team CRDL.

"Sorry.. Guys," said Jaune as he drops the items and went to Y/N's side.

"Jaune, we've got to stop this," said Y/N as he walked away from Team CRDL.

"What do you mean?"

"I had to save you again, this is ridiculous Jaune, what he's doing to you is ridiculous," said Y/N.

"You're just the same with her, if you don't want to save me from him then don't! I don't need you guys treating me like I'm some sort of dead weight!" Said Jaune, storming off into the distant woods.

"Jaune, I didn't mean- Jaune!" Shouted Y/N.

Meanwhile at Jaune

"Why does everyone think the same thing?!" said Jaune.

Jaune walked along the path and sees Team CRDL waiting for him.

"Oh no,"

Timeskip

Jaune had filled up 6 jars by himself, since he had to find leftover trees, he was exhausted waiting for it to fill up.
Jaune walked back to Team CRDL who was relaxed sitting on rocks waiting for Jaune. Jaune dropped the jars and collapsed cause of exhaustion.

"Hey! Great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?"

"I think I'm allergic to this stuff.."

"Great, great great great, so! Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself "Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us,"

"That is one of the many questions that I had asked myself today, yes,"

"Well, come with me and you'll find out,"

"Oh.." said Jaune with a gulp.

Jaune followed Team CRDL and they arrived at their designated place.

"Cardin, what's going on?" Asked Jaune.

"Payback," answered Cardin.

"Y/N?"

"Jaune? Hey, buddy I didn't mean it like that, you gotta listen to me," shouted Y/N.

"What are you-"

"That's the guy, Brown jacket-shorty-tough guy thinks he's so tough,"

"Alright boys. Last night ol' Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of rapier wasps, and now; we're gonna put 'em to work,"

"Now, according to one of the essays he wrote for me yesterday, these nasty things looove sweets, I'm thinkin' it's tims we teach him a thing or two," said Cardin as he and his boys gets up from his proning position.

"And you're gonna do it," said Cardin.

"Do what?"

"Hit him with the sap! Either that, or I'll have a chat with Goodwitch, you'll be on the first airship out of Beacon," said Cardin as he pushed Jaune.

Jaune contemplates on doing it or not.
He looks back at team CRDL. He positions himself into a throwing position and he looks at Y/N who sat on a log, looking at his hands who were dangling between his legs.

He thinks back on the good times he has had with Y/N and what Y/N had done for him. Y/N saved him from flying into the Ocean, and Y/N tried to get him out of this mess.

"No," said Jaune as he gets back into his normal position.

"What did you say?" Asked Cardin.

"I said.. No!" Said Jaune as he throws the Sap Jar at Cardin.

"Ohoho, you've done it now,"

Y/N hears the glass break, he looks at the direction the sound came from and sees Jaune and Team CRDL.

"Jaune," said Y/N as he runs to him.

"You know that wasn't very smart Jaune-y boy, I'm gonna send you back to mommy in teeny-tiny little pieces,"

"I don't care what you do to me, but you are not messing with my friends and my team,"

"What? You think talk like that gonna make you tough? You think you're a big strong man now?" Jaune snickered.

"Hrah!" Said Cardin as he pulls back his fist.

Cardin punches Jaune in the face and a bright light glowed. Y/N stops in his tracks to cover his eyes.

"What the hell?!" Exclaimed Y/N. After he had opened his eyes, he started running again.

Jaune looked at his hands and it turns out he was healed.

Sky kicked Jaune's back making him fall.

"Let's see how much of a man you really are," said Cardin.

Y/N roared as he punches Russel straight in the face, thankfully, Russel's aura stopped Y/N from killing him then and there, but Russel was sent flying into the distant trees.

"Cardin!" Roared Y/N as he marches at Cardin, slowly; his claws started to come out.

Cardin runs away and finds himself looking at an Alpha Ursa.

"That's a big Ursa!" Said Dove before he and Sky ran for the hills.

"Jaune, you alright?"

"I-I'm fine, thanks for coming," said Jaune.

"Hey, you can always count on me," said Y/N.

Cardin was pinned down by the Ursa. Cardin tried to block the Ursa's hits but his mace was swept away by it.

Back at Ruby and the others

"Did you guys hear that?" Asked Ruby.

"Ursa! Ursa!" Said Sky.

"What?! Where?!" Asked Yang as she held up Sky by the collar.

"Back there! It's got Cardin!"

"Jaune!" Said Pyrrha, as she worries Jaune might get hurt.

"Yang! You and Blake, go get Proffesor Goodwitch!"

"You two go with them, there could be more," said Ruby.

Back at Y/N, Cardin, and Jaune

Cardin was running away from the Ursa, but the Ursa jumped in front of Cardin and had smacked him.

"Hey, Jaune, do we just leave him?" Asked Y/N.

"Jaune?" Y/N looked beside him and saw Jaune gone. Jaune was running to Cardin and the Ursa.

"Crap! Crap! Crap!" Said Cardin as he crawls away.

"Y/N! There you are!" Said Ruby. Beside her was Pyrrha and Weiss.

"Forget about me! Get Jaune!" Said Y/N as he started to run to him.

Cardin was about to get killed by the Ursa, and it swinged it's paw.

A thud could be heard.

It turns out, Jaune had blocked the Ursa's paw with his shield. Y/N stopped in his tracks, surprised by Jaune's move.

The Ursa was still pushing it's paw at Jaune.

Pyrrha was about to attack but Y/N stopped her.

"Wait," said Y/N.

Jaune pushed the Ursa's paw back and slashed it with his sword. He dodges the Ursa's attacks left and right, before finally getting hit, but that didn't stop him from trying kill it.

Jaune gets hit a bunch of times, and he check his aura, his aura was down to red. The Ursa roars and Jaune charges at it.

It was like everything went into slow-motion, Jaune was going to strike the Ursa, but the Ursa was going to strike him too. Pyrrha used her semblance to help Jaune raise his shield and Jaune successfully decapitates the Grimm.

"Uh, what?" Asked Ruby.

"How did you-" Y/N was stopped by Pyrrha.

"Well, Ruby has her speed, Weiss has her Glyphs, My semblance is polarity,"

"Ah, you can control poles," said Ruby, quietly.

"No, you dunce! It means she can control magnetism," said Weiss.

"Magnets are cool, too," said Ruby, as Pyrrha leaves.

"Wait, where are you going?" Asked Weiss.

"Yeah, we gotta tell them what happened," said Ruby.

"We could, or maybe we can keep this as our little secret," said Y/N, looking at Jaune.

Jaune helps Cardin stand up.

"Holy crap, Jaune?"

"Don't ever mess with my team.. my friends, ever again. Got it?" Said Jaune. Jaune walks away.

"Hey, big man, That was some awesome work you did there," said Y/N.

"Thanks, man," said Jaune as the both of them walked back to Goodwitch.

"Hey, you should apologize to Pyrrha, you know after all this,"

"Yeah, I feel bad.. after saying those things, and I'm sorry if I pushed you away earlier,"

"Hey, it's all good," said Y/N.

"Alright, Jaune, you're gonna have to apologize to her at back where you wronged her, I'll tell her that you're up there," said Y/N as he walks away.

"O-ok,"

"Also, you might need to get some lessons from her, later Jaune," said Y/N.

"Later, Y/N," said Jaune.

Timeskip

Jaune was standing at the same spot where he had saddened Pyrrha.

"No Cardin tonight? I thought you guys were best buds," said Pyrrha.

"Pyrrha, I'm sorry. I was a jerk, and you were only trying to be nice and, I had all these stupid Macho stuff in my head-"

"Jaune, it's okay," said Pyrrha as the both of them smile.

"Your team really misses their leader you know?" Said Pyrrha.

"You should come down! Ren made pancakes~ no syrul though, you can thank Nora for that," said Pyrrha as she walks away.

"Wait! I know I don't deserve it after all that happened, but.. would you still be willing to help me? To help me become a better fighter," Asked Jaune. Pyrrha walked back to him and shoved Jaune to the ground.

"Hey!"

"Your stance is all wrong, you need to be wider and lower to the ground, let's try that again," said Pyrrha.

Meanwhile at Y/N

"What the hell am I supposed to do when you're just gonna spam that button?!" Said Y/N while he is playing Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite with Yang.

"Hey, it's not spamming, it's the legendary rapid technique,"

"Which roughly translates to spamming!" Said Y/N.

Y/N still loses and sighs.

"I met this guy once in a bar," said Y/N as he lays on the ground.

"Oh yeah? Who's he?" Asked Yang.

"I don't know, some cranky old dude who got me into Beacon,"

"Ozpin?" Asked Blake while reading her book.

"No, he had a raspy voice, he smelled like alcohol all the goddamn time,"

"Have you drank alcohol?" Asked Ruby.

"Plenty of times,"

"What's it taste like?"

"Let's just say, you won't not like it," said Y/N.

"Like rotten eggs and smelly skunks?"

"Sure, why not," said Y/N.

"His name was Qrow, I think,"

"Oh my god! You met our uncle?!" Said Ruby.

"Wait, our uncle?" Asked Weiss

"Yeah, Uncle Qrow," said Yang.

"I'm gonna head out now," Said Y/N

"Alright, bye Y/N!" Said Weiss.

"Bye," said Y/N before closing the door to Team RWBY. As he turns around, he sees Pyrrha and Jaune walk together.

"Where've you two lovebirds been to?" Asked Y/N, leaning on the wall with his right elbow. Pyrrha blushed at Y/N's comment.

"We were training-or well, she was training me," said Jaune.

"Nice, I'm gonna go ahead and hit the hay, see ya," said Y/N, walking away.

"Bye Y/N!" Said Pyrrha.

Y/N opens his door and gets inside.

"Boy, did my life take a turn," said Y/N.

To Be Continued..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 111 49
(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since half way of your first year at Signal Acad...
333K 3.9K 28
Y/N hated the huntsmen and huntresses of Beacon Academy for his whole life. Then one day he discovers something... he has a secret semblance that has...
16.2K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
183K 1.6K 33
(This is my first story so please don't hate it) (Y/N) is a ordinary Hedgehog Faunus along with his team who wants to get revenge on bad people who k...