Black, Blue, and Gold (Book 2)

Av Barabim_

More crimes and mysteries to be solved, and pasts to be dealt with. Will Inspector Lalisa Manoban and her tea... Mer

Chapter 1 - Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 1)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 2)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 3)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 4)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 5)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 6)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 7)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 8)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 9)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 10)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 11)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 12)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 13)
Turning Over A New Leaf (Part 14)
Chapter 2 - One Step at a Time (Part 1)
One Step at a Time (Part 2)
One Step at a Time (Part 4)
One Step at a Time (Part 5)
One Step at a Time (Part 6)
One Step at a Time (Part 7)
One Step at a Time (Part 8)
One Step at a Time (Part 9)
One Step at a Time (Part 10)
One Step at a Time (Part 11)
One Step at a Time (Part 12)
One Step at a Time (Part 13)
One Step at a Time (Part 14)
One Step at a Time (Part 15)
One Step at a Time (Part 16)
One Step at a Time (Part 17)
One Step at a Time (Part 18)
One Step at a Time (Part 19)
One Step at a Time (Part 20)
One Step at a Time (Part 21)
One Step at a Time (Part 22)
One Step at a Time (Part 23)
One Step at a Time (Part 24)
One Step at a Time (Part 25)
One Step at a Time (Part 26)
One Step at a Time (Part 27)
One Step at a Time (Part 28)
One Step at a Time (Part 29)
One Step at a Time (Part 30)
One Step at a Time (Part 31)
One Step at a Time (Part 32)
One Step at a Time (Part 33)
Bonus Case - The Murder in Jeju (Part 1)
The Murder in Jeju (Part 2)
The Murder in Jeju (Part 3)
The Murder in Jeju (Part 4)
The Murder in Jeju (Part 5)
The Murder in Jeju (Part 6)
New Book!
Finale - Secrets and Dreams (Part 1)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 2)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 3)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 4)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 5)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 6)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 7)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 8)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 9)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 10)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 11)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 12)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 13)
Secrets and Dreams (Part 14 - END)
Secrets and Dreams (Epilogue)
NEW BOOK: BURDEN OF PROOF
NEW STORY: THE KIM'S

One Step at A Time (Part 3)

3K 123 24
Av Barabim_

"Sure. I understand. Let her take all the time she needs. No rush."

Lisa read the incoming message from Irene and replied with a quick thank you before placing the device in her pocket. She had briefly texted her friend, informing her that Jennie might be late and explaining the reason why.

Carefully grabbing the full cup of hot coffee, she made her way back into the quiet living room where Jennie's father was sitting on the couch, silently observing his daughter take care of a little girl's breakfast at the kitchen counter.

"Here you go, Mr. Kim," said Lisa, placing the cup on the coffee table.

"Thank you, Lisa."

"Are you sure you don't want something to eat? Toast, maybe? Eggs?"

"I'm alright, thank you," he replied politely. "Coffee is good enough." His eyes then went back to his daughter for a moment before he reached out for the cup and took a small careful sip.

Lisa noticed the sad look and automatically felt bad for the man. She knew that there was guilt in those eyes – in addition to curiosity and wonder. The man must have been very confused to discover his daughter's current living arrangements.

Jennie hadn't said a word after Lisa let the man in. She just continued helping Jiyoon put her pants on and fed her like nothing had happened.

Lisa had to introduce herself – as Jennie's roommate, since she didn't know how her father would react to their relationship – and Jiyoon, as a relative she regularly took care of. She wasn't exactly fond of lying but she figured that it would be better to keep things looking less complicated than they really were, at the moment.

"Um..." For a second, Lisa wasn't sure what to say or do.

"Go to your room and play for a bit, okay?"

She heard Jennie's voice and turned around to see her wiping the girl's mouth.

"We need to get going soon so don't make a mess, please," said Jennie as she helped Jiyoon down from the chair and ushered her inside her room.

The girl seemed to sense the tension so she obediently did as she was told, leaving without any question or protest.

Jennie cleaned up the counter, placing the dirty plate and glass in the sink, then grabbed herself a cup of coffee. She took the mug with her to the living room and sat on the chair, as far from the couch as possible.

"Why are you here?" she asked after taking a sip, without even looking at the man.

Lisa started to feel like she was intruding on a private conversation so she stealthily inched her way back towards the kitchen.

"You can stay, Lisa."

Jennie's voice stopped Lisa in her tracks.

"Ah. Okay. But I need to finish my breakfast first." Lisa pointed at the kitchen awkwardly then walked away without waiting for Jennie's reply, hurriedly heading towards her waiting plate.

"I came to see my daughter," he answered.

"Why?"

"Because she's my daughter and I'm worried about her."

Jennie scoffed. "That sounds so fake coming from someone who left his so-called daughter to clean up his mess."

Lisa heard it and winced. She exhaled quietly as she chewed her food. Nini...

"I'm sorry for that," he said, looking down at his hands.

Jennie only shook her head.

"I really am, Jennie."

"Good for you then," replied Jennie coldly as she placed her mug on the table. "Well, you've seen me. Is there anything else you need? Because I need to get to work and so does Lisa."

He lifted his head. "You're going to work on a Sunday?"

"..."

"Can you forgive me?"

"..."

"I'm really sorry, Jennie."

"You're years too late," said Jennie at last. She then stood up and went inside Lisa's room to finish getting ready, closing the door behind her harshly.

Lisa took another deep breath, feeling constantly sorry for the dejected man.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you so early in the morning," said Mr. Kim, standing up to leave. "Thank you for the coffee, Lisa."

She rushed out of the kitchen, towards the man. "You're welcome, Mr. Kim. Err... where are you staying, by the way?"

"With an acquaintance."

"Oh okay. How long will you be staying in Korea?" she asked again as she followed him to the door.

"Until I can fix everything."

Lisa raised her eyebrows when she heard that answer.

He turned around and saw the confused expression. "Her sister told me about what happened. How Jennie lost her apartment and her job because of me, of what I did." His jaws clenched. "And that you took her in. I sincerely thank you for that."

Lisa's eyes widened when she saw the man bowing 90 degrees.

"It's alright, Sir." She also took a bow. "It's really no trouble at all."

"Do you..." He was about to say something but changed his mind. "How is she doing?"

"She's doing great. She has a new job and she's been a tremendous help to my team. Your daughter is very smart, Mr. Kim."

"Yeah." He smiled in spite of himself. "That she is."

"Just... give her time," Lisa hesitantly said. She didn't want to sound nosy but the sadness in his eyes really tugged at her heart.

He observed Lisa for a second. "You're a cop, right?"

Lisa nodded. She was about to say something when she heard a door open.

"Lisa-yah, let's go. You're going to be late," Jennie said as she went to her room to get Jiyoon ready.

"I better go then," the man said, fully realizing how unwanted his presence was.

"Wait just a second, Mr. Kim." Lisa rushed inside her room to get her card out of her wallet. She gave it to him, knowing that he might need it. Not only because of Jennie but also because of his past activities in that city. "This is my card. Call me if you need anything."

"Thank you," he said as he took the card. He paused, hesitating before he carefully spoke again. "Is she... your partner or something?"

The question caught Lisa off guard. "Um... w-what do you mean, Sir, exactly?"

"Cops have partners, right? And you said she worked with you and your team?"

"O-oh! That partner. Yes. Something like that," she replied, relieved that the question came in work context.

He noticed her reaction and furrowed his brows. "What kind of partner did you think I meant?"

"Um... We... I..." She started to fidget, unsure of how to tell him about the truth to their relationship.

"Lisa, get ready! We're running late!"

Jennie's loud voice interrupted the awkward conversation.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but she's right. I am running a bit late right now so I really need to get ready," she quickly said, grateful for the chance to avoid answering his question.

"Ah yes. I'm sorry for barging in on you like this." He bowed again then turned around to put his shoes on. He then opened the door. "Thank you, Lisa."

"You're welcome, Sir."

She watched him leave then exhaled in relief before going back inside the apartment, strolling towards Jennie's room.

"Is he gone?" asked Jennie the minute she caught sight of Lisa appearing at the doorway.

"Yes."

"Good riddance."

"Jen-..."

"Let's go then. Irene's waiting for me and Jisoo's waiting for you," said Jennie, walking past Lisa with Jiyoon in tow.

"You haven't had breakfast."

"I'll get something to eat at the restaurant." Jennie grabbed Jiyoon's jacket and helped the girl put it on. "Hurry, Lisa-yah."

Lisa knew that there was no use arguing with Jennie right now so she just went inside her room to finish getting ready as fast as she could.

—-

"Be good, okay?" said Lisa as she kissed the girl's cheek. "I'll see you at lunch."

Jiyoon nodded and waved goodbye before she went inside the restaurant with Irene holding her hand.

"Sorry about this morning," said Jennie after they were left alone.

"What's there to be sorry about?"

"Him showing up unannounced like that."

"It's alright," Lisa said, moving to hug Jennie and soothe her. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Come on."

"Really. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"He's your father, Nini."

"He never acted like it."

"And I think he's genuinely sorry for that."

Jennie pushed Lisa back a bit to look her in the eyes. "How do you know?"

"I can see the remorse."

She scoffed. "He should be an actor. Remorse my foot."

"Hey, come on. Don't say that."

"You're defending him?"

"Of course not. He shouldn't have done what he did."

"Then why are you-..."

"But the fact remains that he's still your father. And he's sorry. He came because he heard what happened to you and he was worried. He told me that he's here to fix everything. He said he realized that it was all his fault."

Jennie clenched her jaws, choosing to not let what Lisa had said affect her anger towards him. "Then he should just leave me alone."

"You're his daughter, his family."

"So? Not like he ever cared."

"Jen..."

"Just... stop." Jennie took a step away from Lisa, withdrawing her hands. "I don't want to talk about him anymore."

"Okay," Lisa relented. She didn't want to get into an argument with Jennie. "I'll see you later then," she said as she gave her a quick peck. "Cheer up, okay?"

Jennie turned around and went inside the restaurant without another word, leaving Lisa shaking her head at the stubbornness.

—-

"I'm so bored and hungry," complained Chaeyoung as she pushed her chair with her feet, gliding towards Lisa's desk. "What are you doing? You haven't moved an inch since you sat down on that chair this morning and it's now lunch time."

"Hm?" Lisa didn't even bother to turn her head to look at her tall friend.

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung repeated her question, edging Lisa's chair aside with her foot so she could look at the computer monitor. "You're reading news? Old news?" she asked, noticing the date on the online article. "The prison riot?"

"Yes."

"Still not convinced that your old pal Seungjin's dead?" she joked.

Lisa leaned back in her seat. "Honestly? No."

Chaeyoung was taken aback by the unexpectedly serious answer. "Really? Have you read the coroner's report and the other files pertaining to his death?"

Lisa nodded.

"Then why, Lis?" asked Chaeyoung as she swiveled her chair to face Lisa. "Why can't you believe that he's dead?"

"Because this whole thing is fishy. Yongbak doesn't get personal. He wouldn't have spent so much time and energy to stalk us. That's not how he works. Seungjin, on the other hand, always seemed bent on getting personal revenge."

"Maybe it's just Yongbak's way of distracting us? To make us think he's after us so that we'll be busy protecting ourselves and thus leave him to prepare new batches of drugs?"

"Plausible. But we're clearly showing how unaffected we are by this so his plan had already failed before it even got him anywhere. If that's really his plan. See how impossible it is for him to think of something this... faulty? Yongbak's not dumb. He could be a little reckless and make mistakes but he's definitely not dumb."

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows. "You have another theory then?"

"Yes."

"And that is?"

"Simple," said Lisa. "That it's not Yongbak after all."

"What?! That's his warehouse, his little factory. The task force didn't make a mistake, Lis."

"I know that. I meant to say that the one who put all those photos there, the one who's after us personally, isn't Yongbak."

"Then who-... Seungjin?! He's dead!"

"Is he?"

"Come on, Lis." Chaeyoung nudged Lisa aside so she could grab the computer mouse. She clicked one of the open windows, displaying a report. "It's still open in your computer. Coroner's report. Victim's name: Ji Seungjin. Right there, Lis," she said, pointing her finger at the writing on the screen. "There's even a picture of him, looking much uglier than usual thanks to the bruises and cuts but it's him alright."

"How can we know for sure? This is a convict's death, Chaeng-ah. The coroner didn't even perform an autopsy. They just accepted the fact that this prisoner died because of the injuries inflicted during the riot and moved on, glad to get rid of one more criminal. No one cared enough to verify beyond doubt that this was indeed Ji Seungjin. That could be someone who looks like him. The swelling, bruises and cuts could easily fool us. The photo isn't even of good quality."

"But-..."

"What if he got badly injured on purpose so he could get out of prison and go to a hospital?"

"Why would he do that? To fake his death somewhat easier? How? Switch bodies?" asked Chaeyoung, thinking how ridiculous her questions were.

"Yes."

"Wha-..." Chaeyoung's eyes widened. "You're obsessed, Lis!"

"I'm not. You have to admit that it's possible."

"But the doctors would know if their patient suddenly looked different right before he died!"

"The hospital they sent him to wasn't exactly a nice, elite one," said Lisa, reaching for her mouse to show Chaeyoung the information. "He's a convicted felon. A criminal. They don't get quality treatments, okay? What if he bribed a nurse or a doctor there? Or threatened them like he did others so many times before? If he could have a warden and a judge in his pocket, why not a doctor or a nurse?"

"But would Yongbak even let him-... You're crazy, Lis."

"You know I'm not."

Chaeyoung frowned, quietly contemplating everything Lisa had said.

"I need to go see Jen for lunch and visit Mrs. Yoon," Lisa spoke again after a minute of silently letting Chaeyoung think. "Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Prove me wrong."

"W-what?"

"Prove beyond reasonable doubt that the dead prisoner is indeed Ji Seungjin."

"Wha-... But you just said-... How?"

"By going through the hospital records. Find out who else died on that day, in that hospital, and where their bodies are now. And who treated Seungjin. Check their backgrounds," replied Lisa. "You said you were bored, right? Well, here's something to keep you occupied. Ask the others to help. I'll join the hunt as soon as I'm back." She stood up, getting ready to leave.

"What if Chu finds out?" asked Chaeyoung.

"Just tell her the truth. I already talked to her about this – that I don't believe that Yongbak would get personal. And since we don't have any high profile, urgent cases to handle right now, I think it's okay to focus on our team's safety, right?"

"And should she object?"

"I'll talk to her," said Lisa firmly while putting her jacket on.

"Lis-..."

"Please, Chaeng-ah?"

The plea surprised Chaeyoung. Lisa was the team leader, the supervisor. She had the right to order Chaeyoung around so there was no need to say 'please'. In fact, she rarely ever said that when it came to work matters.

Chaeyoung knew then how much it meant to Lisa and how it worried her. "Nothing will happen to Jen or Jiyoon, Lis," she gently said. "Or to any of us, for that matter."

"Then prove me wrong," replied Lisa. She held Chaeyoung's gaze. "Prove me wrong, Chaeng. That I'm crazy. That Seungjin's dead. Because I swear, if he turns out to be alive and tries to hurt Jennie again, I'll gladly throw my badge away and kill him with my bare hands. No questions, no lawyers or courts. I won't let him get away this time. I'll make sure he pays for it."

"You're an officer of the law, Lis. Don't talk like that," warned Chaeyoung sternly. She had never heard Lisa say that; not even after what happened to Jisoo's brother.

Lisa was always smart and careful – someone who played by the book. She believed in justice and the law. She would never break it no matter how much she wanted to avenge his death. The Lisa that Chaeyoung knew would find a way to control herself and her emotions to get the crooks and put them behind bars the proper way.

It scared her a bit to see this new Lisa. The unfamiliar dangerous flicker in her eyes told Chaeyoung that she could really do what she said she would do, that she would risk everything to go after Seungjin herself.

"Lis-..."

"I'll see you later," interjected Lisa as she ended the conversation and shouldered her bag, leaving her baffled friend.

—-

Irene had just finished talking to her staff when she saw Lisa stepping inside the bustling restaurant. She raised her hand and waved to her, beckoning her over.

"Hey," greeted Lisa.

"Hey. You're alone?"

"Yeah. The others have work to do. How's Jen? Did she talk to you?"

"About her father?"

Lisa nodded.

"No, she didn't. I asked but she said that there was nothing to talk about so I let her be," said Irene. She noticed Lisa exhaling. "How bad was it?"

"Pretty bad."

"Did he stay long?"

"No. But I expect him to be back. He seemed genuinely sorry."

"Well, give her time. I'm sure she could forgive him if he's really sincere. What do you want for lunch?"

"Have they had lunch?"

"Jen's waiting for you but Jiyoon's having hers right now," answered Irene.

"How's the wedding preparation coming along?" Lisa asked, walking alongside Irene towards the back of the restaurant.

"Stressful but getting there. My sisters are handling most of it, thankfully, so I'm still sane."

Lisa let out a chuckle. "Good. It would be weird to attend a wedding with an insane bride having a mental breakdown, right there at the altar. Although it would be quite entertaining, now that I think of it."

"Shut up," retorted Irene.

They went into the small office where Jiyoon was sitting across from Jennie, eating her lunch.

The girl turned her head when she heard footsteps and smiled widely the moment she saw Lisa.

"What are you eating?" she asked, patting the girl's head.

"Pasta!"

"Is it good?"

Jiyoon nodded enthusiastically.

"Then finish everything, okay?"

"Okay." She quickly returned to her meal, shoving the pasta into her mouth.

"What will you guys have for lunch?" Irene asked her two friends.

"I'll have what she's having," said Lisa, pointing at Jiyoon's plate.

"I'll just have soup," said Jennie.

"Just soup? You're not hungry? You only ate half a sandwich this morning," remarked Irene.

"I'm not in the mood for anything else."

Irene shot Lisa a glance before she headed to the door. "Okay then. Soup and pasta coming right up."

"Thanks, Irene," Lisa thanked the young woman before she approached Jennie. "You okay?" She bent down to kiss the top of her head.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You only ordered soup."

"I'm not that hungry. How's work?" Jennie asked, quickly trying to change the subject.

"Boring." Lisa gently rubbed Jennie's back. She didn't want to tell Jennie about her theory regarding Seungjin. It was tough enough for her to have to deal with her father. Lisa didn't want to add unnecessary worry to that. "Talk to me? Later?"

"About?"

"Anything you have on your mind." She didn't want to directly mention him.

"I have nothing on my mind."

Lisa raised her eyebrows skeptically.

"We should go visit Mrs. Yoon after lunch and bring her some food," said Jennie, completely avoiding the issue she knew Lisa was referring to.

Lisa just silently watched Jennie grab a tissue to wipe Jiyoon's mouth, wishing that she could somehow get her to change her mind about her father and at least talk to him.

—-

The door opened, revealing a weak and pale Mrs. Yoon.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Yoon. How are you feeling?" greeted Lisa.

"I'm alright," replied the woman before she walked inside, leaving the door open. "Thank you for looking after Jiyoon." She headed to the kitchen to finish preparing the food for the market.

"I got you healthy ginseng chicken and some vitamins," Lisa said, following the old woman into the kitchen. She took a deep breath when she saw what the woman was doing. "You're going to the market tonight?"

"..."

"Mrs. Yoon-..."

"Thank you for the food," she cut Lisa off.

"Please rest? Just for one more night?"

"I'm fine."

"But-..."

"Do not argue with me, Lisa," she sternly retorted, turning her head to glare at Lisa.

"It's for your own good, Mrs. Yoon."

The woman quietly went back to her task.

"Will you consider seeing a doctor then?"

"No doctor."

"You don't have to worry about the cost-..."

"I said no."

"Just one quick check-up," coaxed Lisa. "Please?"

The woman ignored Lisa from that moment on until the latter gave up, changing the subject.

"Jiyoon can stay with us until you're fully recovered. We'll take her to school and visit you every day."

Mrs. Yoon's hands stopped moving at the mention of her granddaughter. She let go of her spatula and left the kitchen, gesturing for Lisa to follow her.

Lisa wasn't sure what was going on so she just left the plastic bags she brought on the messy counter before she went to the other room.

She saw the old woman sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall with her eyes closed, looking exhausted.

"You should rest, Mrs. Yoon," she said as she took a seat in front of her.

Mrs. Yoon opened her eyes after a few seconds. "Thank you."

"Huh?" Lisa was genuinely surprised by the woman's words.

"I might not ask for that girl but I admit that she's a good kid," continued the woman. "And I know that you and Jennie think that I had mistreated her. Well, I don't blame you. I considered her a bother, a burden." She paused, taking ragged breaths of air. "It's the truth although I'm not proud of it."

"Mrs. Yoon-..."

"She's lucky though," she interjected, not allowing Lisa to talk. "You two came along and rescued her from me, and even from real kidnappers. You gave her a better life."

Lisa wanted to argue but knew that it would be better to just wait until the woman had finished talking.

"I've seen how happy she looks every time you come for her. I hope she's not a burden to you."

"She's not. Not at all."

"Good. Because I don't think I have much time left."

"W-what?!" The surprises never seemed to end for Lisa that day. "Don't say that, Mrs. Yoon."

"Take her. Take all her stuff with you and don't come back here. Forget about me, forget I even exist."

Lisa was completely flabbergasted. She just stared at the woman with round eyes and mouth open.

"Her father had a folder with him when he brought her here. It contains her documents." Mrs. Yoon lifted her hand, pointing at an old cabinet at the corner of the room. "Bottom drawer."

"B-but she's your granddaughter!"

"I won't be here much longer."

"Then let's go see a doctor and get you treated!"

"Do you want her to see a dead body at such a young age?"

"W-what?"

"Because that's what she'll see if you leave her here. She had seen me faint. Next thing she'll see is me dying."

"Please don't say that, Mrs. Yoon."

The woman took a few deep breaths then slowly pushed herself up, grunting as she struggled to get back on her feet.

Lisa quickly moved to help. "Mrs. Yoon..."

"Tell Jennie thank you," the woman said as she freed herself from Lisa's hands and shuffled back to the kitchen to resume cooking.

Lisa just stood there for a minute, staring at the woman's back in disbelief. Her mind was still trying to wrap itself around the words she just heard.

"What if she asks about you?" Lisa finally finished digesting everything.

"Tell her whatever you want."

"I don't want her growing up without knowing her flesh and blood."

The woman scoffed. "Her flesh and blood is good for nothing. She's better off with you."

"Don't say that, please," pleaded Lisa for the umpteenth time that hour.

"It's the truth. Tell her I'm dead, tell her I went away or tell her that I abandoned her... it's all up to you. I don't care."

"I will never tell her that. You're her grandmother. She does love you, you know. She cares about you."

"..."

"Mrs. Yoon, please reconsider? I don't mind taking care of her most of the time but surely there's another-..."

"No. If you don't want to do it then I'll hand her over to some orphanage or child services or whatever. I will not let her live here again."

Lisa inhaled sharply. "B-but... Can she at least see you one last time? To say goodbye?"

"..."

"Mrs. Yoon?"

The woman never said another word after that, ignoring everything Lisa said until the young inspector gave up since she couldn't stay there for much longer.

"I'll take her uniform and the folder first then," Lisa ended up saying as she moved slowly towards the living room.

She never got a reply so she just went about her task, picking up Jiyoon's school bag, her uniform and the folder she took out of the cabinet drawer. It contained Jiyoon's birth certificate and a picture of her parents. There were a few other documents belonging to the girl's father that Lisa decided to sort out later, back at home.

"Mrs. Yoon, are you sure about this?" she asked one more time before she took her leave.

"Goodbye, Lisa," replied the woman without even turning her head.

"I'll still visit you. If you don't want Jiyoon to see you again then I won't bring her but I will come back and visit you. Please call me or Miyoung if you ever need anything, okay, Mrs. Yoon? Please?"

"..."

Lisa heaved a sigh. "I'll come back for the rest of her stuff. See you, Mrs. Yoon." She bowed then left the small house with a heavy heart.

The old woman waited until she heard the door close before she took a deep breath, wiped the tears that finally spilled out and straightened up, focusing everything on her cooking.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

343K 15.7K 40
Kim Jisoo ❥ A girl who is so full of herself. An arrogant bisexual selfish bitch that plays with everyone's feelings. A girl who thinks she has all w...
129K 6.5K 40
Jennie Kim and Roseanne Park couldn't be more different. Jennie was the popular cheerleader and Roseanne was the shy girl hated by all. To everyone's...
97.9K 4.3K 31
Jennie Kim eyed Kim Jisoo, the girl her ex courted while they were still together. "Are you gonna steal him back?" jennie smirked at lisa "No, I'm go...
1M 24.7K 41
Lisa Manoban is a womanizer, everyone is falling for her charisma. But what would it be if the day comes when she will taste her own poison. Jennie...