THE IMMORTALS (✓)

By piadreamer

This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because... More

1. I found a sister in you.
2. Buried Truth
3. Further information and the Nightstorms.
5. Happiness comes in all forms.
6. Single for life - not.
7. Perfect two
8. A friend or foe?
9. Arising threats.
10. Impossible but true.
11. The silver angel.
12. Suspicions.
13. The Fallen Angel.
14. If aught but death part thee and me.
15. I'm Back.
16. Kasper whispers.....
17. Expect the unexpected
18. Gone
19. Spawn of Satan or Superior than Satan?
20. Watch the world burn.
21. Consul Alec Lightwood Bane
22. The Angel's demise.
23. Searching for Magnus
24. Embrace what you got.
25. First defeat
26. Like a diamond cuts diamond.
27. Challenge accepted.
28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.
29. Looking to a bright future.
Epilogue

4. I'll breathe again

357 22 34
By piadreamer

-Warning: Mention of smut

___________________________________

The clank of the metals echoed in the whole Brocelind forest, as the swords stuck each other again and again, defending the other's attack, resulting in nothing but frustration from both men.

"Are you gonna..." *Clang* "use your.." *clash* "god damn, wings..." *Clang clash* "or not, Alec!"

"As you wish, Dan!" Alec smirked. Blowing his sword once again at Daniel, which he blocked in time, he started flapping his wings creating a swirl of dust and sending it towards him, blinding him for a moment. Taking the advantage, he blew his sword against his, sending it flying on the ground, then backflipped, landing gracefully in the mid-air and aimed for Daniel, sending his sword with full force towards him, pinning him to the ground within a second, his sword landing right above his waist.

Daniel grunted as he sat up a little, supporting himself on his elbows, looking up at Alec, who had a smug smirk on his face. He laid his head back and shook it in disbelief. "Like really! Lightwood!"

Alec cascaded down and landed gracefully on the ground, then reached his hand forward for Daniel to take it. Daniel took his hand and stood up, his emerald green wings fluttering to remove the dust from them.

"It's Lightwood Bane, Dan." Alec corrected, earning an eye roll from him.

"You're a quick learner. Another round, up in the sky." He threw the sword at him which Alec caught smoothly.

They both jumped up, their wings coordinating with them at the right time, as they flew up in the sky. In the middle of the sky, the clanking of the swords continued, as they glided through the wind currents, attacking each other and defending themselves at the right time.

"You're doing great, Alec. Use the wind to your advantage. Cut through the currents and attack with your wings and sword at the same time."

Alec did as he was told and Daniel was caught off guard with the quickness of his movements, he would have gotten defeated if a certain pair of butterfly swords wouldn't have stopped their own swords.

Alec looked at the person who had stopped them and saw the most beautiful large rose gold wings flapping in the air, it's each feather had a tip of pure gold in it with the intricate patterns of lightest gold running from its edges till the middle. His eyes flickered at the person's face and he noticed a wide smile on her face.

"Bree! What the hell are you doing here?" Daniel asked his sister.

"I noticed frustration through our bond, I thought you got in some trouble. Well, now that I'm here, I want to be part of this training." She grinned at both the men.

"You both are Parabatai?" Alec asked.

"Yes, we are. Stefan and Louis were too, but..." He trailed off. 

Alec understood, so he didn't ask further. He lowered his sword and put it back on the holster, then looked at the Nightstorms as they did the same. They were about to descend down when a voice cut through the winds.

"Breee! There you are! I told you Dan would be okay. You worry too much, sister." Stefan said as he approached them.

Alec looked at the approaching Nightstorm, his mouth agape with what he was seeing.

Stefan's wings were as black as the midnight sky, their wingspan being approximately 12 feet on either side. There was some intricate pattern of light silver color running from the base of the wings, weaving each other wherever it met, spreading till the center of the wings, merging into the feathers like the constellations merge in the night sky. Each feather was beautiful on its own. If someone would look carefully, each of his feathers had a hint of scattered silver, which were collected at the base and was scattered around unevenly as it spread.

Alec didn't know why and how, but he was able to see the intricacy Stefan's wings contained, which generally no one was able to see, they only see huge black wings with weird silver design, but Alec was somehow able to see through it and was completely mesmerized by it.

"Wow! You have beautiful wings!" Alec breathed out.

"You're the first person ever who complimented them, Alec. Thanks. Usually, angels with black wings aren't looked upon as good as others." Stefan said as they all descended towards the ground and sat on the fallen tree branch.

"Wait, black wings, what about silver scattered all over them and the half silver sigil? What does it mean?" He asked curiously, unaware that no one was able to see it like that other than him.

The Nightstorms looked at each other, then at Alec. "What scattered silver, Alec?" Stefan asked, he himself wasn't able to see the silver present in his feathers. "And the pattern is weird but it's like other wings contain. It's not a sigil."

Alec looked at them in shock. "Wait, am I the only one who is able to see it! Daniel? Brittney?"

"Alec, his wings have been pure black for 160 years, what are you talking about?" Dan asked.

Alec was stunned and shocked, he knew he wasn't seeing things. "Okay, this is weird. Why am I the only one who is able to see it!?"

The Nightstorms looked shocked and sighed in unison. They didn't know how to react to it.

"If what you're seeing is true then I'll look into it. It's my wings anyways. I should know if something's wrong with them. Now, can I join your training?"

"Ever fought three people at the same time, Alec?" Daniel asked with a grin.

"On the ground, yes."

"Let's see how you do it in the sky!" Bree said, and they all flew up in the sky once again.

*********************************

A pillow hit Simon right in the face with such force that he fell on the floor, taking down some of Izzy's stuff with him.

"Oww! What was that for, Izzy?" He asked, removing the pillow from his face as he stood up.

"Don't you dare start pacing again, Simon Lewis! You're making me frustrated." She stated fiercely.

"What am I supposed to do, then!? It was supposed to be two different ceremonies, right? Why merge it into one?"

Izzy sighed, stood up, and walked towards her fiancé, then wrapped her arms around his waist, kissed the bridge of his nose, and Simon leaned into it. Sighing loudly, he closed his eyes and let his fiancée calm him down.

"Calm down, Si. You'll be okay. I believe in you. And, you're training with Jace for 5 years already, there's no need for it to be two different ceremonies, you can have your first rune today itself after the ascension. Just, calm down. Being nervous won't do any good."

"How can I not be nervous, Izzy! I'll be turning into a Shadowhunter from being a vampire within the span of five minutes. My life is about to change, and... and.."

Izzy locked their lips in a soft yet passionate kiss before he could say anything else. Her fiancé was being ridiculous, but his words were true. She was nervous too, not wanting to think about the otherwise situation. She was not ready to lose him.

Once they broke the kiss, Simon looked into her dark brown eyes filled with concern and longing, yet her stance spoke of confidence. She was worried herself and wasn't showing it, but her eyes spoke the truth. He rested his forehead against hers and breathed out heavily.

"Thank you, Izzy. This just proves why I'm so lucky to have a fiancée like you." He said with a grin.

"Just this!?" She asked seductively, running her pointed nails smoothly over his face.

Simon tightened his grip around her waist as he felt her nails over his face, going down towards his neck. If he had his heartbeat it would be running really fast at this moment. This particular act always did things to him. He groaned when he felt her other hand going under his tee, touching his perfect abs gently. The woman was really in the mood right now. He moved her closer and locked their lips in a passionate kiss, biting on her lower lip to gain full access to her mouth, but being careful of his fangs at the same time.

Izzy opened her mouth to provide access to her fiancé, their tongues dancing together as they fought for dominance, which Simon won and started exploring every inch of his fiancée's mouth. After exploring each other for a few more minutes, she broke their kiss then pushed him backward.

Simon was confused at first but then found himself pinned against the door, a smirk formed on his lips, and Izzy wrapped him in a heated kiss once again. They both moaned into the kiss as Izzy started exploring his abs. He removed his tee to give full access to his fiancée, going into messier and sloppy kiss this time.

Once they broke the kiss again, they were panting heavily. Simon reached out his hand and gently removed her hair falling on her right shoulder, exposing her bare neck, his fingers brushing through her smooth skin above her spine. From his other hand, he removed the thin strap of her fitted crop top and started leaving wet kisses down her neck.

Biting her lower lip gently, she tilted her head to give him more access, her one hand exploring his perfectly toned abs and the other going down towards the buttons of his jeans. She opened it quickly and pulled the zipper down, stroking him through his boxers.

"Fuck! Izzy!" Simon breathed against her neck, then looked into her dark brown eyes seeing the same need there. The need for everything to be all right, the need to feel each other's bodies for one last time, if things go wrong, the need for consuming each other. He leaned in and locked their lips in a much-needed kiss, pouring every single emotion into it.

Breaking the kiss after some time, Izzy started trailing kisses down his chest, leaving light bruises here and there. She pulled down his jeans and boxers a little, taking the length in her hand she started stroking it gently, while still leaving hickeys all over his chest. A loud moan escaped Simon's lips, his fangs baring out as he lost control of himself. He licked them one last time, locking his eyes with her fiancée, he pulled her closer and removed the other strap as well, kissing her bare shoulders and chest leaving hickeys here and there, as she started increasing the speed of the stokes making him harder. Both were moaning loudly by this point.

He was about to free her from her tight crop top when the door they were standing against forcefully opened and they both stumbled and fell on the floor, Simon on top of Izzy and his length still in her hand.

"OH MY GOODNESS! MY EYES!" The voice yelled on top of his lungs.

The pair grunted and Simon buried his face in her chest. "What the hell is wrong with you, Jace!? Will you ever stop cockblocking everyone around you!" Simon yelled, completely frustrated.

"Who does it against the door!" Jace yelled back, and opened his eyes slightly only to find them still in that position, he closed it quickly again. "Get dressed, you both!" He exclaimed, completely annoyed and embarrassed.

"Jace!" Izzy stated fiercely. "Not a few days ago, I walked in on you and Clary doing it over the kitchen slab. So, don't give us that crap. You just barged into our room. We can do it wherever we want in our room. Now, turn around." Her voice spoke of calmness before the storm, anger clearly visible in her flat tone.

Jace obeyed quickly, the last thing he wanted was to face his sister's anger. One thing Isabelle Lightwood was known for was her anger, which everyone was scared of. She was a fierce woman and could scare anyone when she wanted.

The couple laid like that for a few minutes, looking into each other's eyes, apologizing to each other silently, they wanted to continue, they needed to. Izzy thought for a second to kick her brother out and continue with what they were doing, but if he was not budging from the door and waiting for them to get decent, there has to be a good reason behind it, else her brother knows what is coming for him.

Simon sighed, registering the fact that they had to discontinue, he stood up and helped Izzy as well. He zipped himself up and put on his tee as Izzy fixed her straps and put on the leather jacket kept on the bed.

"No doubt why Alec and Magnus did it in his old room and didn't bother to clean up! They really have the guts." Simon mumbled under his breath, but it was audible enough to reach Jace's ears.

"We are decent. And, there better be a good reason, Jace!" Izzy warned.

Jace cleared his throat and turned around. "Yeah.. ahm.. a few bodies were found in the central park completely drained of blood, looks like the work of a newly turned vampire went rouge." He looked at Simon then continued. "We need to go and check Hotel DuMort, talk to the vampires and we also need to know who the new representative is."

Simon sighed and looked at Izzy. "One last time!" She smiled softly and they left the institute to inquire.

*******************"*************

Magnus was standing on his balcony, sipping on his hot coffee, admiring the view of the city or truth to be told, pondering about how much his life has changed in the last five years, he never imagined he would ever get married, ever had a loving family or have someone like Alec in his life. Alec, his Alexander. His special shadowhunter who had changed him so much showed him a completely different meaning of love, a selfless, unconditional, pure love. He never thought he'd ever end up with a Shadowhunter, that too an immortal one. He still couldn't believe it, couldn't believe that his husband was now immortal. He still couldn't believe that someone actually loved him that much, that he sacrificed his mortality for him. He wondered how he got so lucky, so blessed to have his immortal shadowhunter beside him. To have his Alexander beside him for eternity.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that his husband had landed on the balcony, silver wings outstretched beside him, and was looking at him with a fond smile. He got startled when those fine arms and soft wings wrapped around his body and waist.

"That lost? May I ask what is occupying my husband's mind?" A gentle voice whispered into his ear and he relaxed instantly.

"Hey angel, when did you come?"  He asked as a soft smile crept on his lips.

"Just now, in front of your eyes. You didn't answer yet!"

"Nothing, just thinking about how I got this lucky to have you in my life."

Alec tightened his grip around his waist, a warm smile creeping on his face and he looked at his husband with heart eyes. "I would love to say the opposite." He said as he kissed the nape of his neck.

Magnus hummed as he felt his husband's lips on his neck. He could never get tired of those lips or the feeling of that warm body against him for that matter. He turned around in the cage of his arms and greeted him properly by locking their lips in a soft loving kiss. Once they broke the kiss, he took in his winged nephilim's sight and grimaced.

"Alexander, you and your wings need to take a shower!" He said with a shake of his head. His husband was completely reckless at times.

"Do I really?" Alec asked teasingly, fluttering his wings to remove the dust from it, making the floor completely messy like a sand tornado hit their home, and rubbed his sweat-drenched body against his husband, knowing fully well that Magnus barely appreciated it. Especially not when he was completely dressed, looking ravishingly hot and smelling like heaven.

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood Bane! You just didn't!" He gently pushed his husband away and glared at him. "Don't test your luck, boy! And clean up the mess you've created."

Alec sighed and looked at the balcony floor. It was actually looking like a sand tornado hit their home. He pursed his lips and looked at his husband expectantly.

"Can't you magic it away?" He asked innocently.

"I can, but I won't. You did it, so you clean it, in.. mundane way."

"Hey! Not fair!" He pouted, giving him his most innocent puppy eyes and showing him how tired he was, knowing well that his husband would fall for it.

Magnus opened and closed his mouth, unable to say anything to that cute-faced boy. He sighed, clicked his fingers and the floor was shining like it was newly developed. He knew that he had fallen for his husband's tactics, yet again.

"Happy now?" He glared at the winged nephilim, who was giving him a sheepish smile.

"Now get your butt in the shower, we need to leave in an hour for Simon's ceremony. Isabelle called and she was sounding angry so we better be there on time."

"Don't worry about her, she'll be fine. She called me too, shouted at me for over an hour for nothing, just to calm herself down."

"Oh boy! Everything's okay between Sherman and her right?"

Alec couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Magnus, Simon isn't even here, whom are you trying to annoy!?" They both chuckled at Magnus' stupidity. "Yeah, everything is fine between them. It's... uhmm.. actually, Jace walked in on them."

Magnus's mouth was hung open. "And they were doing it.."

"In their room." He chuckled and shook his head.

Magnus cocked an eyebrow at that. "Does that Herondale know the meaning of privacy at all!?"

"He wouldn't be 'Jace' then, Magnus. I know my Parabatai." He said but saw a mischievous look on his husband's face and smiled. "What is going on in that devil mind of yours, love?"

"I'm thinking of advising Biscuit to go on a dinner date with that blondie after Simon's ceremony, I know a great place in Brooklyn." He said in an enthusiastic voice.

Alec looked at him with a confused expression. "And why would you do that?"

Magnus smirked devilishly at his husband. "Lets... do it in his bedroom!"

"Magnus!" Alec exclaimed but then smirked himself. "Isn't that Clary's bedroom too?"

"She can adjust, besides, you have no idea how Isabelle talked to me today like I've hurt you or something. That woman is scary!"

Alec laughed at the last statement. "That she is when she wants to be!"

"So, are you in or I'm in it alone?" He asked, cocking his eyebrows at the winged nephilim.

"You realize I won't be able to touch you for the next few hours?"

"Won't that be more fun!"

Alec looked at his ravishingly hot husband whom he wanted to tear apart right then and there, and thinking about how magnificent it would feel to devour him after being desperate for his touch for hours had his mind going haywire with dirty thoughts, no matter what the place it would be.

"I'm in!" He said with a smirk and Magnus smiled.

"Butt in the shower now!" Magnus said while slapping those edible butts, making them both more turned on.

Alec yelped at the sudden action and shook his head. "Yes, boss!" He then left for the bedroom, dragging his tired wings beside him.

*******************************

The warm rays of the evening sun casting gave a soothing feel to the otherwise darkening training room. Only a few people were allowed to witness the ceremony which included Izzy, Clary, Jace, Alec, and Magnus. Magnus was skeptical about it after the Parabatai ceremony, but his husband had assured him that there was nothing to worry about, and he needed to accept that it's going to be like this from now on. So, here he was, witnessing one more sacred ceremony.

Simon's eyes were gleaming with determination and excitement. He was standing beside his fiancée, hand in hand, exchanging a look now and then. He didn't want to lose hope now, he was one step away from becoming a shadowhunter and spending his mortality with the love of his life. He cast a glance around, noticing that Jace and Clary were standing next to Izzy, and Alec and Magnus were standing next to them, each of them having a worried look in their eyes. He couldn't help but smile fondly at that, it doesn't matter how much they bicker, they were his family now.

Brother Zachariah was standing in the center with a vial of heavenly fire in his hands. The vial was glowing in a brilliant shade of gold, ready to be consumed. It was casting a beautiful glow in the semi-dark room. Simon's eyes were fixed on that vial, excitement coursing through his body.

"Simon Lewis, I ask you to step forward." The silent brother spoke. Simon did as he was told, eyes fixed on the vial the whole time.

"You will now be drinking from this vial for your ascension. And, then you will be bestowed with your first runes."

Simon took the vial from the brother Zachariah's hand, as he did he saw a look of longing on this particular different silent brother. He knew that the silent brothers had their eyes and mouth sewn, but brother Zachariah was different. He always wanted to know why but never dared to ask.

The others held each other's hands when Simon took the vial. In whatever way, everyone had a place for Simon in their heart, he grew up on all of them, especially Izzy.

Simon felt everything around him going white as soon as the heavenly fire entered his body. Everything was hazed out. He felt the burning pain all over his body from the sacred fire that was now running through his veins. He felt his body going numb, the pain was extreme. Every part of his body was burning with immense pain. He couldn't register what was happening, but he knew that he was screaming and had fallen to the ground. The tears stinging on the corner of his eyes were telling him so.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" That scream was loud enough to make anyone's ear bleed, making everyone tense around him.

"Simon!"

"Si!"

Clary and Izzy screamed for him, but their voices went unheard. Simon's whole body was shaking with pain, tears pooling down his eyes with sobs coming out in barely a whisper. Both women started running towards him but before they could Alec and Magnus were there already, holding the boy in place.

They didn't know why they did that, but it was like an instinct telling them to do so. They stood the boy up and held him in place, then placed their arms on either side of his shoulder and linked their fingers. As soon as they linked their fingers, they felt something running through their bodies. It was Simon's pain, they were channeling his pain and they had no idea how.

"Stand still Simon, you can do this." Simon heard a pained, deep voice telling him. He instantly recognized it as Alec's. Alec was helping him, he didn't know what to think about that. The person who hated him the most was helping him. But, he felt his body obliging to him.

Magnus backed off and let Alec hold the boy when he felt he wasn't needed anymore. He didn't know what happened, but he was glad no one questioned them.

Simon's body started to accustom to his surroundings and the pain started fading. But as soon as that happened, he felt strong nausea hitting him, he bent down and vomited a thick black mushy substance all over the place. When he was done, he felt a pair of soft arms replacing the strong ones.

"Simon! Si! Are you okay?" Izzy asked, her voice dipped with concern.

It took a moment for Simon to register his fiancée's voice. "I... I..."

He was taking a lung full of breaths to steady himself and was completely drenched in his own sweat. His nose was flaring as he was inhaling the air. His heartbeat was running a thousand times per second. He looked at his hands which had regained their normal color and weren't dead pale anymore. It took him a few seconds to realize it. Heartbeat. Sweat. Breath. Breathing. He was breathing.

"I'm... I'm breathing... I'm breathing again! Izzy!" A huge grin appeared on his face as he looked at his fiancée.

Tears were pooling down Izzy's face as she looked at him proudly. Simon put his palm above his heart and felt his racing heartbeat. He took Izzy's hand and put it above his heart, then put his own above hers. "You.. you feel it, right? My heartbeat?"

"Yes, yes Si, I feel it. You did it." She smiled widely as tears kept pooling down her eyes.

"I did it!" Simon repeated and wrapped his fiancée in a tight hug. If it was some other moment, Izzy would have pushed him away for covering in her sweat, but right now, she didn't care. All she wanted was to embrace this moment.

"Simon Lewis, it's time for you to bestow with your first runes, stand on the mark when you're ready." Brother Zachariah spoke.

As the ceremony commenced, Alec and Magnus exchanged a look and looked at Magnus' hand, hiding a small vial of heavenly fire there. They didn't know how it happened, but when they were channeling Simon, a small amount of Heavenly fire got extracted from his body, and Magnus quickly put it in a vial. Now that they have one more vial, Magnus knew exactly where to use it.

A/N
I hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know through your comments and votes.
Thank you ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1K 74
(Sequel to Alec's Last Arrow. ) Not all Angels are born with wings. After the fight with Jonathan, the New York Institute is left devasted. Isabelle...
3.7K 358 25
Alec is studying to be a lawyer at university at his father's insistence, but he wants to be a vet. He loves animals and reading. His father abuses h...
352 12 1
After a quarrel with his mother, Alec decided to cool down and think about what to do next with his life. Not wanting to burden his siblings and the...
49.7K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...