The Law of Destiny

By Zuu_47

Many people believe in the existence of Destiny, a mysterious force which binds certain people together, dete... More

The Witcher
Surprise
Meetings
Spellbind
Complications
Fate or Coincidence
Bathtub
Extraordinary
Wish
Doubts
Elixirs
Belleteyn
Kaer Morhen
Legend
Research
Truth
Pain
Grief
After
Decisions
Bittersweet
Destiny
Prophecy
Help
Dear Friend
Rain after Storm
Child of Surprise
Training
Honesty
Elder Blood
Banquet
Treason
Together
United

Dinner

414 14 2
By Zuu_47

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

Geralt was sitting in the bathtub. He was looking out across the balcony. Yennefer was laying in the bed. She already washed yourself but she told him she need to have a nap for a while. Geralt was thinking about the whole situation which happened recently. He should find the way, how to calm her down when she will start to be very angry. The upset witchers and angry Yennefer was a killer combination. He stood up from bathtub, he took a towel from the chair, then he went on the balcony. There was the best view from this balcony. He choosed this room for himself because of that. He stopped there and he took a deep breath. Home. He thought. He loved this place, even if he didn't have always the best memories, especially when he was going through the Trial of Grasses.
"Yennefer?" he called at her. But she didn't answered. He turned around and he came back to the room.
"Yen?" he called at her again but she still didn't answer him.
He dressed up and he came closer to the bed. He smiled when he spotted her face. Yennefer was sleeping so peacefully, like a little baby. Vesemir was right when he was worried about Yennefer. She was really exhausted and he didn't noticed it at all. How the hell he didn't notice that the teleport exhausted her that much and why the hell she didn't tell him this? It had to be hard for her walking that long. He should start checking her more often, especially now when he found out that she wanna be a mother. No wonder she said that to Lambert when she was irritated and also tired.
Geralt looked at her again. He loved to watching her when she was sleeping. She was so innocent. She didn't have her confident look on her face. He sometimes enjoyed this moment of peace for himself. Since he met her for the first time, his life has changed. His life has started to be so intensive. She was making his life intensive because she was like a hurricane. Literally. But when she was sleeping, everything stopped for a while. This hurricane became the wind. And sometimes he needed this wind to not get a heart attack but still he loved her so much..
He's never told her that.
He was scared that his feelings wasn't real. The witchers shouldn't have any emotions, then why it felt so real? Then why he was feeling that way?
He was still very confused and he didn't know ho to solve it.

He sat down on the edge of the bed. They had at least one hour before the dinner. He caressed her face. She didn't even moved. He didn't want to wake her, so he slowly stood up and he went to the other side of the bed.
He layed down and he snuggled closer to her. He started staring on the ceiling because he just couldn't sleep but he was glad that he was home again. Suddenly he felt the hand on his chest. He smiled.
"How are you feeling?" he looked at her.
"So much better." she smiled at him. "You know.. that walk killed me." Yennefer laughed a bit.
"Why didn't you tell me that you were exhausted?" he said with disappointment.
"Because I didn't feel exhausted before, it suddenly came." she was honest. He didn't say anything.
"How much time do we have until the dinner?" she asked him.
"One hour or more if you want. It's up to you." Geralt petted hers hair.
"One hour will be enough." she snuggled closer to him.
More than half an hour passed while they were laying on the bed together.
"Geralt I would like to see the whole castle." Yennefer raised her eyes on him.
"Tomorrow. We'll have plenty of time on everything."
"I hope you don't have only indecent ideas in your head witcher." she was teasing him.
"I'm afraid I have." he said with laughing. She looked at him, then she leaned over him and she sat down on his lap. Geralt stiffened.
She smiled seductively. He put his hands around her hips. He leaned closer to kiss her but she stopped him.
"No witcher, I have to wait.. you'll wait too." she was provoking him.
"That's not fair." he frowned.
"I've never played fair." she smirked. Geralt looked into her eyes.
"Yennefer, could you climb down from me then? You know.. you're doing it hard for me now." he really wanted her. She raised her eyebrow. Geralt understood that he lost again.
"No, why would I? It's more comfortable to sitting on you than on the bed." she said teasingly.
"Yennefer.." he started losing his patience.

"Fine.." he smirked on her. "Then I'll change the topic and you won't like it." he sighed. "I would really appreciate if you wouldn't start any arguments with the witchers, especially with Lambert. I came here to have peace, not a hell." Geralt was honest. He wanted to tell her this earlier but now was the best time. Her smile changed. She leaned closer to his lips, Geralt could feel her breath. She looked into his eyes.
"I can't promise it." she pulled away from him and she sat down on the edge of the bed.
"Yennefer do not start it again." Geralt warned her and he sat up on the bed too. He didn't like when they had the arguments.
"I didn't start anything." Yennefer stood up and she turned to him angrily.
"Really? And what did it mean with Lambert?" he raised his voice a bit. Then he stood up and came closer to her. "Their not just the villagers whom you can sent to the hell whenever you want. They're my brothers and I'll be glad if you would be at least kind to them." Geralt was serious.
"I was just defending myself! I have enough that everyone is looking at me how they wanna fuck me all the time!" she raised her voice. "You should have defend me but otherwise you are yelling at me now." she looked disappointed at him. He stayed frozen. She was right, he should have defend her but he failed.
"Yen.. I'm not yelling at you." he came closer to her. He realized what he did and he felt ashamed for it.
"I don't think so.." she turned her back to him.
"You're right.. I was a fool. I should have recognize you were exhausted. I should have say something to Lambert but I failed in those things.. and many others.. and I will fail again even if I will try not to." he was honest. He caressed her shoulder with his hand.
"Not now Geralt.." she told him when he embraced her from behind.
"Let me be at least for now." she pulled away from him and she went to fix her face towards the table. When she finished, she started walking towards the door.
"We should go on the dinner." Yennefer stopped on the door and then she disappeared. He looked at the door sadly. He screwed up everything again. It was hard to talk with her in this period. He knew that she was frustrated. He noticed it earlier and he started to be afraid this frustration that she couldn't have a child could cause lot of problems in the future.

When she came into the kitchen, the dinner was already prepared. Lovely looking food was on the table and all the witchers were sitting to the table too. She came towards the table and she sat down without words. Geralt came after couple of minutes later.
"You both came in time." Vesemir told them kindly.
"We were hungry." he answered for her. Yennefer just nodded. She needed to calm down. She was mad at Geralt. She needed him more than anytime but he still didn't notice it. He was trying but it wasn't enough. She was very frustrated and she was feeling it on herself. She was more upset than before and many things could provoke her easily and she didn't know how to stop it. She needed help but nobody saw it.
"Enjoy your meal!" Eskel said with excitement and everybody started eating their meal.

"Eskel you should be a chef not a witcher. This meal was fucking delicious!" Lambert said with laughing after they all finished with eating.
"You were right.. it tasted better than it smelled." Geralt told him honestly.
"I know." Eskel said proudly.
"So, what we gonna do now? We can go outside or we can drink something." Vesemir suggested.
"We'll drink and properly." Yennefer stated. "I know good drinking game how to drunk yourself very quickly." she said calmly. Everybody looked at her. Geralt was surprised like the others. She wanted to forget on her pain, at least for now. She wanted not to think on what she wanted the most in her life and she still couldn't have it.
"Yennefer, this is for the first time and certainly for the last time when I'll agree with you." Lambert told her honestly. She smirked at him. He then looked at Eskel.
"Eskel bring that vodka!" Lambert shouted at him.
"I can bring the Gauntlet from the cellar too." Leo suggested.
"Bring every alcohol which you'll find Leo. This is gonna be a long night!" Lambert said with laughing. Leo and Eskel left. Yennefer was sitting there speechless and she was thinking.
"Did you rest enough my dear?" Vesemir interrupted her form her thoughts.
"Yes.. thanks for asking." she smiled at him. She started liking that old witcher. He was really the kindest from them all. Meanwhile Geralt came to sat down opposite to her. He put his hand on hers. She raised her eyes on him but after a while she slowly pulled her hand away. Geralt looked on her sadly. She knew she was hurting him. But she needed to stop for a while and forget on everything, even on him. He was reason of her pain too. When she looked at him he remind her what she couldn't give him. Many times she imaged how she would raise her child with him. He was perfect for her.. but now she needed to forget about it, at least on one night. Vesemir noticed that moment between them and looked at them sadly. He hoped that soon they will be happy again.

Eskel with Leo brought the alcohol, everybody sat down to the table again. Lambert stood up and he gave everyone glass of vodka and Gauntlet. It was realy strong alcohol.
"I would like to drink on Yennefer, our new member and also on Geralt that he still knows where he belongs. Cheers!" Vesemir said with laughing and everyone started drinking.
"So, Yennefer.. you mentioned that you know some game." Lambert looked at her.
"I do.. we'll play game called *I've never..* and everyone who did this thing must drink." she explained. She noticed that witchers were excited about this game but she knew they were more exicted about drinking alcohol.
"Good! Let's start. Vesemir you first." Lambert commanded him.
"I've never cancelled curse from the striga." Vesemir said with laughing and everybody looked at Geralt. Geralt sighed and he drank.
"Vesemir, you have to say something more interesting.. something which you wouldn't expect from us that we did." Lambert said with excitement and disappointment at the same time. "I will show you how to play this game. So.. I've never lose in Gwent." Lambert smiled proudly. Geralt, Leo and Eskel drank.
"Ha! I knew it. I'm still the best gamer here." Lambert said proudly.
"I've never woken up naked next to woman or man I haven't known too well." Leo told them. All the witchers, even Yennefer drank.
"Well, well.. I didn't expect it." Eskel said with laughing.
"I've never used fisstech." Geralt said honestly. Lambert with Leo drank. Vesemir gave them angry look. He hated drugs.
"I've never gone through the Trail of Grasses." Yennefer made amusement smile, she wanted to drunk them to hell. All witchers frowned and they drank vodka.
"I've never slept with the witch." Eskel told them. Geralt and Lambert drank. Yennefer rolled her eyes when Geralt looked at her.
"Lambert you too? With whom?" Eskel was teasing him.
"That's not in your business!" Lambert was strict.
"Calm down boys." Leo said with laughing.

"I've never stolen something." Leo continued. Everyone, besides Vesemir drank. Vesemir shaked his head.
"I've never send king to the hell." Lambert said with laughing. Yennefer and Geralt looked at each other and they both drank.
"I've never woken naked in the forest." Geralt said with excitement. The alcohol started already working. Leo and Eskel drank. Lambert burst into laughing.
"I've never flirt with the queen." Leo was curious. Eskel drank.
"Eskel you little devil!" Geralt said with laughing.
"What? Everybody has his secrets." Eskel said a bit embarrassed.
"I've never used a parfume." Lambert smirked on Yennefer. She gave him angry look and she drank.
"Sometimes you should use it Lambert." Yennefer smirked on him. Lambert frowned.
"I've never truly loved someone." Eskel was honest. Everybody in the room stiffened because it was really a private thing.
Vesemir drank first. Geralt hesitated for a moment but then he drank too. Witchers were surprised but Yennefer was surprised the most because of Geralt. Maybe he really loved her and maybe he had loved someone else.. but she didn't want to think about it now.
Vesemir interrupted the long quiet in the room.
"All right boys and my dear." Vesemir looked at Yennefer. "I'll go.
I don't want to listen to this anymore because I'll be never able to look into your eyes again. Good night." Vesemir said with laughing and he left.

"He is right, we should end this game. We're already a bit drunk." Geralt was honest but the truth was that Eskel's last words disconcerted him.
"Alright.. but it was really fun. We must repeat it sometimes." Lambert said with laughing.
"We need more vodka, I'll go for it." Eskel stood up and he left.
"I will go too. See you tomorrow." Leo told them and he left. They all nodded.
"Leo is so serious in this. He doesn't like when we're drinking too much." Lambert explained. He narrowed his eyes on them.
"So.. tell me, how you two met?" Lambert was curious. Yennefer raised her eyebrow on Geralt. Geralt then started speaking.
"Well, that was really romantic.." Lambert said with laughing when Geralt eneded with the full story.
"What was so funny Lambert?" Yennefer was serious.
"I don't know.. maybe you and him? You both are totally opposites." Lambert laughed but also alcohol was doing his work too.
"So, this bother you.. that we're different?" she wanted to know the truth.
"Yeah.. it bothers me. You're a witch and all I know about witches is that they are crazy and this is not gonna change." Lambert was strict.
"Lambert watch your words. She's not crazy." Geralt raised his voice. Yennefer's lips raised into small smile. Geralt noticed it and he smiled under his nose. For the first time in this evening she finally smiled.
"Fine... but she will be your end Geralt. She is overshadowing your mind. Don't you see this?" Lambert was trying to be serious.
"Yeah.. I'm using black magic on him." Yennefer said ironically.
"Do you see Geralt? I was right." Lambert was proud on himself.
Yennefer rolled her eyes.
"Gosh! I don't have a mood to listen this bullshits anymore. Enjoy your night!" she said angrily. She stood up from the table and she started leaving. Geralt gave him angry look and he went after her.
"Sometimes you're such an asshole Lambert.." Eskel told him calmly when he was coming towards the table.
"I have no idea what are you talking about.." Lambert smiled and he drank another glass of vodka.

"Yennefer wait!" Geralt stopped her with his hand. She turned to him.
"He didn't mean it like it.." Geralt explained.
"I know exactly how he meant it." she said calmly. Geralt didn't say anything, he started thinking.
"Do you wanna tell me something else or you just came here to staring at me?" she raised her eyebrow. He looked into her eyes.
"Look.. I'm sorry Yen. I... " he lowered his head.
"I know Geralt." she smiled a bit.
"You know what?" he didn't understand.
"Later Geralt. Just don't drunk yourself too much. Alright?" she kissed him on his cheek and she turned leave.
He was standing there speechless. Sometimes he didn't understand her at all. He returned back to the witchers.

"You were somehow quick Geralt.." Lambert was teasing him.
"We weren't having sex you fool.." Geralt rolled his eyes when he sat down to the table.
"Stop it." Eskel interrupted Lambert when he was ready to say something again. Lambert frowned.
"Tell me Eskel where have you been?" Geralt asked him and he drank glass of vodka.
"I was almost still here on Kaer Morhen but in the winter I went to Kovir. I had lot of work there. The vampires were causing the problems for villagers." Eskel told him very calmly and he drank.
"And you Lambert?" Geralt smirked at him.
"I was in Velen. I needed to solve some older issues." Lambert's tongue was tangling. Geralt nodded.
"Then let's drink on amazing future! Cheers!" Eskel suggested. They all drank from their glass.

They were drinking almost one hour but the alcohol already hit their minds properly.
"Hahaha.. that joke was good Geralt! I didn't remember you were so funny before." Lambert said with laughing.
"Me neither." Geralt said proudly. They all burst into laughing.
"Do you feel it too?" Eskel asked them.
"What?" Lambert and Geralt didn't understand.
"We're drunk as hell!" Eskel said with laughing.
"Three of us together always ends like this.." Geralt laughed.
"We should call the others, it would be more fun." Eskel suggested, he was speaking slowly.
"Vesemir is reading his old books like always and Leo doesn't like drinking. He is so obedient and young. But we need a woman.. and as I know, we have a woman here." Lambert looked seductively at Geralt.
"Believe me, we don't want to wake her." Geralt looked seriously at him.
"Geralt, you always destroy every fun." Lambert frowned. Eskel's head suddenly fell down on the table and he started sleeping.
"I think he is done already." Geralt was trying to point on Eskel.
"What we gonna do then?" Lambert said with excitement.
"It's four in the morning. I think I should go to sleep because Yen won't be happy." Geralt really didn't know what to do.
"You're so boring Geralt.. you know that you behave like her puppy?" Lambert smirked at him while he was trying to stood up but he fell down to the floor.
"Are you alright?" Geralt asked him worriedly. He stood up slowly.
"I will rather sleep here.. I'm not able to walk anywhere." Lambert looked at him sadly. Geralt wanted to say something but suddenly Lambert fell asleep. Geralt looked at him, then he turned to leave. But he stopped for a minute because everything was rolling around him and he couldn't stand straight.
"Fuck.." he sighed and he very, very slowly started leaving from the kitchen.

Geralt slowly opened the door and he entered quietly. He didn't want to wake her. The floor was making small noise when he was coming towards the bed. He was almost close to the bed when her voice interrupted him.
"Do not even think about it. You will sleep on the floor! You're drunk!" Yennefer told him strictly and she turned on the other side of the bed.
Geralt didn't protest. He was glad that she didn't throw him out from the balcony. He layed down to the floor and he immediately fell asleep.

THE END: Chapter 14

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 41 2
"If we are to use you as bait to lure our possessed Witcher here to Kaer Morhen, do you understand what that entails?" Jaskier nods, but he remains q...
25.3K 684 32
Antea of Oxenfurt has disguised her life as being a simple barmaid in the city of Oxenfurt, until a cloaked stranger with the stench of death wandere...
5.5K 93 27
The story continues after Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding 7 years later. Their lifestyle has changed which means nothing will be the same than before...
103K 3.4K 38
Geralt of Rivia was best known as the White Wolf. A Witcher. A killing machine. However like all, there is a time before. Like most young boys, they...