The Law of Destiny

By Zuu_47

Many people believe in the existence of Destiny, a mysterious force which binds certain people together, dete... More

The Witcher
Surprise
Meetings
Spellbind
Complications
Fate or Coincidence
Bathtub
Extraordinary
Wish
Doubts
Elixirs
Belleteyn
Dinner
Legend
Research
Truth
Pain
Grief
After
Decisions
Bittersweet
Destiny
Prophecy
Help
Dear Friend
Rain after Storm
Child of Surprise
Training
Honesty
Elder Blood
Banquet
Treason
Together
United

Kaer Morhen

514 12 2
By Zuu_47

RINDE - Redania

"I wanna go too.. please take me with you." Jaskier was begging Geralt. They were sitting to the table and having lunch. The food was already on the table. They were just waiting on Yennefer when she will come back. She went to prepare some things for their upcoming trip.
"I said no." Geralt started losing his patience.
"Why she can go and I can't?" the bard crossed his arms.
"Because I don't need to save my ass every time if something screw up.." Yennefer told him calmly when she entered into the room.
"That's not true.." Jaskier frowned. She sat down to the table.
"Let me remind you.. how many times have Geralt or me saved you from the certain death?" she raised her eyebrow.
"Alright.. many times but these have been different situations.. I just want to see the castle now." Jaskier smirked.
"This isn't place for the bards Jaskier." Geralt was serious.
"Did she tell you that? Because you are already speaking like her." Jaskier frowned at him.
"No, I didn't. It's from his own head if you wanted to ask this." she said sarcastically. The bard wanted to protest but Yennefer froze him with her angry look. He quickly changed his mind and stayed quiet.

"We should eat it before it will get cold." Yennefer suggested.
"I thought you'll never said it because I'm hungry as wolf." Geralt laughed. They all started eating. Yennefer prepared a cheese soup and chicken with vegetable. Geralt was glad she could cook that well but he also knew she sometimes helped herself with spells. But it didn't bother him at all. It still tasted like a normal food.
Geralt ate the soup as first. He then grabbed the chicken into his hand and was ready to bite it.
"What are you doing?" Yennefer interrupted him.
"I'm eating." Geralt answered with full mouth because he already bit the chicken.
"Like that?" she raised her eyebrow.
"Hmm.. yes." the witcher swallowed the food and gave her confused look.
"You're eating like an animal.. Did you forget how to use cutlery?" Yennefer told him angrily.
"No, but it's quicker to eat it like that." Geralt protested. "And I eat like that on the path alwa.." she interrupted him.
"When you eat with me you'll use cutlery or then you can leave from the table. You won't eat like a pig in front of me." Yennefer stated. Jaskier started loudly laughing and Geralt frowned. He put back the chicken on a plate, he took the cutlery and then started eating the chicken with it. They all continued in eating without a word. Yennefer smiling under her nose as the winner and the witcher frowning as the loser. Again. He already stopped counting how many times he has lost his fight with her.

They finished their lunch and then prepared everything what they needed.
"Can we go Geralt?" she turned to him.
"Yes, we can." the witcher came closer to her.
"Come on.. I'll be careful." Jaskier made a big smile at them.
"Shut up bard. Be glad that you can stay in my house when I won't be here." Yennefer gave him angry look.
Jaskier rather didn't say another word. He was still terrified of her, especially when she was angry.
"When I tell you, think on certain location." she looked at Geralt, he nodded. Geralt one last time looked at the bard.
"Try don't kill yourself Jaskier." he said with laughing.
"Don't worry.. if I should die one day, then she'll be the first one to kill me." Jaskier said ironically and he looked at her. Yennefer smirked on him. Geralt was trying not to laugh because he said the truth. Yennefer really wanted to kill him sometimes but Geralt always talked her out of it.
Yennefer then created the teleport.
"Now Geralt." she told him. He then thought on the location. They both disappeared in the teleport. Jaskier sat down on the chair.
"Crazy witches.." he rolled his eyes and sighed.

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

The light from the teleport brighter the forest when Geralt with Yennefer landed on the ground. Yennefer started looking around herself.
"Why are we in the forest?" she asked him confused.
"Someone could track the teleport. I need to be careful that's why are we in the forest and not in the castle now."
"So, what we do now?" she started losing her patience again.
"Castle is two miles from here." he looked at her calmly.
"We'll walk two miles?" she didn't like this idea.
"If you don't have a horse in your bag, I'm afraid we need to walk there Yennefer." he started smiling.
"Haha.. very funny." she said sarcastically.
"C'mon, the walk won't kill you." he offered his hand to her.
"No, it won't.. it will just kill my legs. Geralt, I'm not use to walk that long. I haven't lived on the path like you." she frowned at him and she pulled away his hand.
"It's not so bad as you think.." he laughed.
"Come, I want to have it over me." she started walking away.
"Ahm.. Yen." Geralt called on her.
"What?" she stopped and gave him angry look.
"This way." he pointed at the direction and he laughed again.
She sighed, then she came towards him.
"Geralt, if this is some of your jokes.. I promise.." Geralt interrupted her.
"It's not a joke Yen." he told her honestly.
Yennefer looked at him angrily, then she started walking the way Geralt pointed. He followed her. He knew that she was mad at him but he also knew she will calm down for a while. For these months being together he has already learned how she behave or what to expect from her when she has her moods.

They were walking at least one hour.
"Why are you must be so careful?" she broke the quiet between them.
"The witchers have many secrets which we must protect from people who could abuse them. Because of that we must hiding the location of Kaer Morhen. It's our home after all." Geralt looked at her but she suddenly stopped walking. He looked in front of him and he smiled. He knew why she stopped.
"Why didn't you tell me that this castle is so huge?"
She was amazed by the view again. In front of her was legendary Kaer Morhen, most famous place from the witchers history. It was three times bigger than she imagined. They were standing on the hill. Behind the castle were huge mountains and everywhere, where she looked was forest. It was really wonderful place.
"You didn't ask." Geralt said with laughing. She smiled at him and she looked at the view again.
"Come, they are waiting on us." he told her kindly.
"Wait.. you told them that we're coming here?" she raised her eyebrow.
"Yes. I wrote the list to Vesemir two weeks ago that you'll come with me too." he told her calmly.
"How did you know I will agree?"
"I didn't.. I just hoped." he leaned closer to her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Then he softly grabbed her hand and they started walking together.

They were going across the huge main gate. Lot of walls or parts of castle were already damaged. Yennefer wondered, how that castle had to look like before. They entered into the castle and they came to the courtyard. There were many tracks with swords.
Suddenly the old man came out from the stables in the corner and started walking towards them.
"White Wolf, welcome home again." he said happily. "I was waiting on you." he hugged Geralt.
"It's good to see you too Vesemir." they pulled away from each other.
"And you my dear must be.." Vesemir looked at her kindly.
"Yennefer of Vengerberg." she smiled a bit.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Vesemir nodded. "I don't know what you did to him but you must be very special for him when he brought you here. You know.. he usually doesn't care about others, just himself." Vesemir said with laughing.
Yennefer made amusement smile and looked at Geralt.
"Hmm.. that's enough about me old man. Tell me how are you."
"I'm not that old.. I can still give you a lesson if I want to. Don't forget, all you know, you have learned from me." Vesemir said with laughing.
"I had the best teacher." Geralt told him with respect. "But really, how are you? I haven't seen you for so long." the witcher smiled.
"My bones are old but I feel good." Vesemir laughed.
"That's good to hear. Any news here?" Geralt was curious.
"No, at all. I'm trying to repair destroyed walls and roof or I prepare things on the next winter. Nothing special is happening here."
"And the others?" Geralt asked him.
"Eskel is inside and Lambert with Leo are on the hunt. They should return soon." he looked at Yennefer. "But you look somehow tired Yennefer." Vesemir told her honestly.
"The teleport exhausted me a bit, it was very long distance and then that lovely walk.. I'm not just use to it." she explained. Geralt noticed her sarcasm.
"I understand my dear, the witcher trails are not for everyone." he said honestly. "Come inside, you both must be hungry and then you should really rest for a while Yennefer."
"I would appreciate it. Thank you" she smiled. Vesemir nodded and he started walking away. Yennefer then looked at Geralt.
"Am I a special for you witcher?" she said in provoking way.
"Shut up Yen. Don't you should be tired?" he pulled her closer to him.
"I am and that's because of you. You should find something how to repay me for this." she was staring into his eyes.
"Don't worry.. I will certainly find the way how to repay you." he kissed her but suddenly Yennefer shivered.
"Yennefer are you really alright?" he looked at her seriously.
"Yeah.. it's nothing, I'm just a bit tired." she was trying to smile. Geralt hesitated for a moment because of her answer.
"Let's go then." they both followed Vesemir.

They were going straight the main hall inside the castle. There was dark but torches on the walls were brightening the dark a bit.
They entered into the kitchen. There were many tables but food was only on the one table.
Eskel was standing next the fire and he was cooking the food.
They came closer to him and Yennefer sat down to the table. She started looking around the big room.
"Eskel." Geralt came towards him.
"Geralt! Good to see you again!" Eskel shaked with his hand.
"You too brother." Geralt embraced him.
"I'm cooking the dinner but it will be done maybe after two hours. I'm waiting on Leo with Lambert, they should bring me the meal." Eskel explained.
"It's okay. We'll go rest for a while, then we'll come back on the dinner." Geralt hesitated for a moment.
"Ahm.. Eskel, that's Yennefer." Geralt told him quietly and Eskel inconspicuously looked at her.
"Oh.. there she is. You forgot to mention that she is so pretty. Geralt you have really good taste, I wouldn't expect it from you." Eskel whispered to him teasingly.
"Do not rather say any bullshits anymore. She can hear you." Geralt warned him.
Meanwhile Yennefer came towards them.
"It's true, because I heard both of you very well.. I also can read thoughts if I want to." she crossed her arms. Geralt rather looked away and Eskel was standing there embarrassed.
"Geralt has told me many things about you Eskel but he didn't mention that you are also cooking. It's smell really wonderful." she was surprised.
"And it will taste even better." Eskel was trying to hide his blushing when she was looking at him.
"Eskel, if you excuse us, we'll go upstairs." Geralt told him kindly.
"Of course, you both must be tired." Eskel smiled at them.
"I prepared the room for you Yennefer, I could show you, where.." Vesemir was interrupted.
"She will stay in my room." Geralt was clear. Both witchers were surprised, even Yennefer.
"Alright, as you want Geralt." Vesemir didn't protest.

Suddenly they all heard steps. Everyone turned to the direction of the noise.
"Finally, they here." Eskel said honestly. He wanted to continue in the cooking.
"Damn, good to see you again Wolf! But you look awful!" Lambert said with laughing while he came towards them. Leo went to put the deer on the table near the fire.
"Just same as you Lambert." Geralt laughed and he shaked with Lambert's hand. Yennefer still didn't understand their humor. Leo meanwhile came to them too.
"Leo." Geralt nodded and he shaked with his hand too.
"Welcome home Wolf." Leo smiled at him. Leo was the youngest from them and Geralt didn't know him too well, that's why they haven't have a close relationship yet.
"Well, well, well.. you really brought a company and it's also very good looking company. I thought that Vesemir was joking when he told us what you wrote to him." Lambert said with laughing.
"And I thought that Geralt was joking when he told me that you're such a prick." she faked her smile.
The smile on the all witchers faces frozed. Only Geralt wasn't surprised. He knew that this moment will come soon or later. She won't let anyone to play with her, especially not someone like Lambert.
"Yennefer.. we should go upstairs." Geralt told her calmly but he also begged her with his eyes to stopped this conversation. Yennefer looked at Geralt, then at the others.
"See you soon.." she started to leave.
"Geralt.. I think we should talk." Lambert told him a bit angrily.
"Later Lambert. Trust me, I'll have harder things to deal with now." Geralt was trying to make Lambert understand that. "We'll come back on the dinner." Geralt told them and then he followed her.
All the witchers were staring confusingly at Geralt. Lambert looked at Vesemir.
"Well papa Vesemir.. I hope you already figured it out how to not lose our nerves in the upcoming weeks. Because I think it will be impossible with her." Lambert smirked and he patted Vesemir's back. Then he went to help with preparations for the dinner.
Vesemir just sighed.

THE END: Chapter 13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 93 27
The story continues after Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding 7 years later. Their lifestyle has changed which means nothing will be the same than before...
62.7K 1K 61
It all started years ago, from a young age Selene had always been....well different. Some say the girl was marked by Destiny, others said she was cur...
15.2K 530 19
The life of a š“¦š“Ŗš“·š“­š“®š“»š“®š“¼š“¼ is a lonely one. A woman travels the Continent, helping those in need wherever she goes. Those lucky enough to me...
16.9K 449 12
I, Rafaela of Loc Munnine, Rafe to my friends , the Red Wolf, Healer of Witchers and men, am running from one man. I have spent the last 20 years ou...