Orb of Obscurity

By AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... More

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- Yลซgen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-รˆnouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

19- Insouciant

151 16 1
By AvyannaTremaine

*free from worry, concern or anxiety*

__________________________

I was unable to move freely. I was in my bed I knew that. The familiar scent of my room was still there. I put my hand to my side and it fell on something hard. I opened my eyes with a jerk and saw Jimin sleeping next to me.

(The pic at the top. I love Jimin. Damn it.)

My eyes widened in shock. Why was he here? 

A recollection of memories from the day before made me choke on air.

I was about to have an anxiety attack in front of Jimin, and I decided to let myself to go all out to distract myself from it. I blushed at the thought of him forcing me to regain my sanity. My fingers went up to my lips automatically, at the memory.

I remembered us eating cookies and then we both laid down and he sang softly until I fell asleep.

I looked at him as he shifted in his sleep. I quietly stepped off the bed and pulled the blanket over Jimin.

I looked at him sleeping peacefully. My heart swelled with love and affection for him. He didn't leave me yesterday. He stayed with me through it.

Tears started slipping through my eyelids. I quickly left the room and went into Mare's room.

The thought of having someone to take care of me made me so happy that tears started falling uncontrollably down my face. I rocked myself back and forth as I cried, trying not to make much noise and wake Jimin up.

I didn't know how much time had passed when I finally calmed down. This is what happened every time I went through anxiety, I sat in a corner and cried my eyes out, trying not to pull my hair out.

Jimin had only delayed it by a night.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face and went to the hall.

I didn't bother about going to the hospital. Maren would know that something would be wrong if I didn't come back. My bag was still in the hall. I sent her a quick text telling her that I wouldn't be back until afternoon.

It was about eight in the morning. I decided to make us some breakfast. I tried my best to not make any noise.

I felt like I was the only one receiving things in this relationship. I felt like I had done nothing for Jimin.

Small changes first. I cooked a really huge breakfast. All delicious and steaming. I took the utensils off the stove.

"Baby?" A sleepy jimin was standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

He looked so cute that my heart melted into a puddle. I smiled at him tilting my head, adoring his bed head.

"Did you make us food?" He stretched his arms and yawned. Oh god. So adorable.

(My heartu *sobs in a corner*)

I went towards him and engulfed him in a hug. He hugged me back . I kissed his neck and pulled away to look at him.

"Go freshen up. I'll set the table."

He pouted his lips. I pecked his lips, giggling. He smiled and waddled his way to the bathroom.

I watched him disappear and then set the table up.

Jimin came into the kitchen and sat down on the table eyes still closed. I sat down opposite him and opened the lids from the utensils. As soon as the scent of food hit his nostrils, he gave an appreciative sound and looked at the table.

"Smells goo.....holy...WOW!" He was fully awake by now.

The table had a neat assortment of rice, bean sprout soup, radish and cabbage kimchi, fish that was fried perfectly, not too much and not raw and Korean egg rolls.

In other words I had emptied the fridge. I loved cooking and always took my time cooking properly.

It was about ten thirty almost eleven. Perfect brunch and I was starving.

"I still can't believe my eyes. How can you be so good at everything you do? I am lucky to have you. Seriously." Jimin looked at me in awe.

I blushed. "Shut up and eat. I am lucky to have you too. I would do this for you anytime."

We dug in.

It was a lovely time. We were talking about our favorite foods and half of it was Jimin praising the food.

We were now sitting on the couch cuddled together watching TV. One of the dramas I was watching currently was being aired. I was so into it that I shushed Jimin when he said something.

He chuckled and patted my back, waiting for the ads to come up. My head was resting on his arm and our feet were up on the table.

I turned to him, putting the TV on mute.

"What is it?" I asked him.

He sat up a little. "I didn't want to bring this up.... but what happened yesterday?"

Well, the topic was bound to pop up sometime. I sighed.

I turned my body and sat cross legged, facing him. I told him about everything in detail.

"So yeah, I get anxiety attacks from time to time, but I cry it out. I try to distract myself if I am in public otherwise, I usually cry it out."

He sighed.

"I've been through depression too. Why didn't you tell me before?" He touched one side of my face with his hand.

"We didn't have the opportunity. It's alright. It has become a part of life now. Growing up, no one cared about things like mental health. Asians are all the same, you know." I scoffed. "I don't resent anything now, I put up with stuff."

I leaned my head into his palm, placing my hand over his. "We all have our own demons to fight, Chim. Some people get help to fight them, some don't. I belonged to the latter."

"We have each other. That's all we need." He said, pulling me back into his side.

I smiled and looked at the TV. My drama was back. I hurriedly put it on.

Jimin laughed at my actions.

"God I am so tired. I didn't even drive last night." He yawned.

"Lie down. Sleep for a while." I patted my thighs.

"Huh?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Sleep." I repeated.

"On your lap?" He had an amused expression on his face.

I gave a small laugh and continued watching TV. I didn't pay him attention. I knew he would give in.

And he did. I felt his head on my lap and I looked down at him and smiled. I went back to watching TV while running my hand through his hair.

I loved the feel of his soft hair between my fingers. I had always liked playing with hair and this was fun.

As the next ad break came, I looked down at Jimin and he had fallen asleep. I lowered the TV's volume.

I kept rubbing his scalp lightly. Slowly I felt my eyes drooping. I quickly turned off the TV and fell asleep.

I woke up by the phone ringing. I quickly turned my head looking for the phone. Jimin was still asleep and he moved around a little. I slowly placed a pillow below his head and rushed to pick the phone.

*Where the f#*# have you been? And what does that text mean? Are you okay?*

*I'm sorry Mare I didn't have the time to tell you the details properly. I'll be at the hospital soon. Just hold things up for me. Please?* I said.

*Alright get your arse here soon. Love you.*

*Love you too.* I was really thankful for having her.

"And here I am thinking that I am the only one you loved." Jimin said.

I turned around and he was lying on the couch, his hands behind his head.

"You're up?" I walked towards him smiling.

"So, you thought you could cheat on me because you thought I was asleep." He frowned.

"Maren is my wife sir. You came later." I grinned.

"Wh.....wow." He gave a dramatic expression. "I can't believe you. You're so rude!"

I guffawed at his reaction.

"I am pissed." He stood up walked towards me. I stood my ground, and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I guess you need to know who you belong to." He smirked.

Jeez. That was so corny. But hot.

I narrowed my eyes at him and ran away from him. Now both of us were standing on either side of the couch, me ready to run away and him ready to pounce.

We were both smiling like crazy idiots. He ran to one side and I avoided him, running away.

The cat and mouse chase continued for a while until we gave up out of tiredness. I was laughing and trying to catch my breath, when Jimin jumped over the couch taking me by surprise and tackled me onto the couch.

"That's cheating!" I whined.

"Everything is fair in love and war." He smirked.

He dipped his head down kissing me. We were already out of breath and I just let my hands drop to the side letting him do whatever he wanted.

________________________

I sneaked into the class tailing the professor and rushed to my seat.

Maren waved at me, beckoning me to come faster.

I had run out of breath, running all the way to the classroom. I was trying to catch my breath when Mare made me turn to look at her.

"Spit it out. I want all details."

"We're in class!" I raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"As if we pay any attention. Spill it lady." She challenged me.

I giggled and started the story.

By the end, she was gaping at me.

"All that happened in two days?" She whispered in surprise.

I nodded my head.

"Whatever. I just hope you didn't make any babies on my couch." She turned away.

This girl.

"Shut up Maren. We didn't do anything of the sort." I was probably blushing, betraying my words.

Maren just smirked, looking straight ahead. She drove me crazy.

I sighed shaking my head and turned back to my lesson.
_________________________

"Hey dude!" Ji hyun smiled at me. "It's been ages since I last saw you."

"Its only been two days. Stop acting like Ji...my boyfriend." I really had to be careful with his name. "He says the same thing." I giggled.

"Sounds like a good guy. When are you going to introduce him to me?" He asked.

"Um.....if he wants to, then I'll arrange a meeting for us all. Until then..." I gave an awkward smile.

"I get it. Don't force him to do anything of that sort. Guys hate it the most." He said shaking his head.

"Look at who's giving me dating advise." I chuckled. "Thanks anyways."

"Hey I have dated too." He frowned. "I've had my share of experiences too. Most importantly, I have a girlfriend now."

"Hey, it's been so long since I last saw her." I said brightly. Ji Hyun's girlfriend was such a sweetheart.

"Shall we go out for dinner then?" A voice said.

We turned around to see Mare standing behind us.

"Shall we?" I smiled excitedly.

"What about me?" Who was it this time?

Dae Hyun. Oh.

"Hello sir." We all greeted him.

"He...hey, we all are friends here. Don't make it awkward." He rubbed the back of his head.

"We are in the hospital. It shouldn't give anyone the idea that we are being disrespectful." Mare smiled at him.

"Also, you are welcome to the dinner sir." Ji hyun smiled.

Dae hyun looked at me. Was he asking for my permission?

"We would like your company." I replied, not knowing what he expected.

My answer brought a smile to his face. Oh.

"I wanted to take you guys out for dinner anyways." He said. "Dinner is on me."

We all cheered. Coming back to work was fun after all.

__________________________

Author's Note:

Dinner!!!!!!!! I am so damn hungry right now.😪

Until then, he looks like the God of animals or something, lol. Thanks to the person who sent it to me. 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
17.4K 230 9
"Why are you still here Minji? Why would Taehyung still keep you around to look after me if he already got what he wanted..." His voice was quiet and...
39.6K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...