Adopted

By daviidsofiia

Jemma Jones has had a rough life right from her birth. Born of a prostitute, thrown out by the age of ten, th... More

Adopted
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Cast- Part Two
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 36
Status & Glory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 17
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 31
Chapter 34
Epilogue
New Story- Forever His

Chapter 35

1.3K 66 2
By daviidsofiia

It turns out that only the inner circle of the mafia actually lives in this mansion. The mafia has a house they stay in just like Jasper's gang house.

"I hope you'll be home for the yearly games," my father said, hope in his voice.

"The yearly games?" I raised a brow in question.

"Yeah, it's something we do every year during Christmas. It usually goes on for a whole week," he shrugged.

"Hmm, how do you play?"

"Well we divide ourselves into pairs, and each pair has to compete against the others in various games, the last pair standing wins." He explained.

"Sounds like fun."

"It is, you'll love it."

"I'll make it then," I smiled.

"Have you made your decision yet?" He asked, stopping in his tracks.

We were outside, taking a walk around the mansion. He was actually giving me a tour of the mansion. Like I said earlier, it was massive.

"I'm sorry dad, but I really..." I paused, "I just want a normal life after all this."

He didn't look surprised, even if he did he hid it well.  "It's absolutely fine Jemma, it's your choice."

I let out a breath, "thanks dad."

His pupils dilated at my words and I knew deep down that he was completely thrilled with the fact that he has a daughter, anyone would be.

"So who's going to take over after you?" I asked out of curiosity, well it's my business.

"Your cousin, Valentino, my brothers son." He answered and I nodded.

We continued walking and talking. He asked me questions about my life and I asked him about his.

When I told him what happened with my old friends back at home he was pissed, I'm sure if he could get on a plane to California just to beat the shit out of them he would. Well he can do it but he won't.

I told him of our plans of going back to California before Friday because of Jasper's game and he was cool with it. He is actually coming over later on, to visit my mother's grave.

When I asked him how him and my mother met, he told me that they met at a strip club, that was her first time in one and she was only doing g it for the money, at that time her family was struggling to pay the bills so strip clubbing was her only option. He saw her and took her in. He had plans of marrying her but before he could propose she ran away.

According to him, if she had mentioned her plans of keeping me from the mafia then they would have figured it out together and she'd probably still be alive by now.

I guess things happen for a reason.

"Jemma!" I heard Devin call me so I turned around.

"You need to see something," he said, his face serious.

I turned to my father asking for permission and he nodded. I followed Devin into the house, "what is it?"

"I can't explain it, you have to see it for yourself." He took the stairs two at a time.

"Is Jasper aware of what you want to show me?" I tried to catch up with him.

"Yeah, Jade too." He opened the door to his room and I stepped in after him.

Jasper and Jade were seated on the bed, Jasper had my mother's laptop on his laps. They both had serious looks on their faces and I started to panic.

"What is going on?" I asked, getting worried.

Jasper handed the laptop to me And I sat on the bed beside him.

It's a file so I clicked on it. A bunch of pictures, videos and documents were on display. Pictures and videos that weren't in the laptop before.

I clicked on a random document.

June 3rd 2003

It's Jemma's 1st birthday today. I'm happy that we've come this far. It's been a year and a few months since we ran away.

I feel like Mia is up to something, she's been acting strange lately.  I'm sure she's up to something.

I closed the document and opened the next one.

June 3rd, 2003

So I just figured out that Mia exchanged my pills with something that can actually kill me. She doesn't know that I know. So I'm going...

That is the end of the document.

Why the hell? How is this possible.

I looked up at Devin, silently asking him to explain.

"Your mum was a hacker right?" He asked first and I nodded. "So while updating the software and all that, I noticed that file uploaded to the cloud. I downloaded it and that was what I saw. Obviously she had another computer and she used to write, like her diary and upload it to the cloud so even if the computer is no longer in existence it can still be retrieved. That is the last document but a few other pictures and videos were uploaded after that. Your mother died according to Mia on June 10th. Now the question is if your mother knew her pills were switched then why did she take them?"

"She might have faked her death," I said with hope flaring in my chest.

"The doctors confirmed her death," Jade spoke up.

My shoulders dropped and I remained silent.

"That was June 3rd," Jasper pointed to the computer. "She died June 10th, my observation is, she took the correct pills after then and when Mia saw that it didn't work, she probably drugged her or switched the pills again and your mother didn't know."

In two words, I'm angry. Someone is going to die today.

Mia deliberately drugged my mother. I stood up from the bed and stormed downstairs and they all trailed behind me.

"Jemma, can you please calm down, think before you do anything!" Jasper yelled after me.

"Calm down? You have got to be shitting me!" I yelled back, "where the hell is that bitch?"

I checked the kitchen and living room but she wasn't there so I headed to my father's office and she was there, laughing.

Hell I want to smash that smile out of her face. I walked straight to her and lifted her up with one hand and punched her with the other. She was sent flying to the floor. 

My father and every other person in the room stood up, wondering what was going on.

"What the hell was that for?" She yelled holding her already bleeding nose.

"That, was for being a lying bastard." Before I could even think it I reached to Jasper's waist and pull out his gun from it's hostler. I pulled the safety off, "now, tell me, no us why the hell you killed my mother."

Gasps and profanities flew around, everyone but Jasper, Jade and Devin were completely shocked at my outburst.

Mia looked shocked at first, probably wanting to deny it but I pointed the gun straight to her head and a sinister smile graced her face.

"I'm going to go straight to the point then, no need beating around the bush." She tried to push herself off the floor but I shook my head at her and she stayed still. "Fine, she was always getting all the attention, it was always about Alessandra, Sandra this, Sandra that! No one even bothered about me. I'm sure if I was the one who ran away no one would have noticed. I was here before her and Gio still fell in love with her and even got her pregnant, it was sickening." She wiped her nose with her hands making blood smear over, "even when we were no longer here everyone always asked about her, no one ever cared about me! So I did what I could do, kill her, blame it on her clumsiness and get away with it." She shrugged.

This woman was sick. How could she do that?

From the corner of my eye I saw my father pull out his own gun and aim it straight at her. It looked like he was about to kill her.

At this point, I could barely see anything, all that clouded my vision were the image of my lifeless mother in my dreams, how she looked always broke my heart and it was because of this bitch.

"Jemma just calm down and drop the gun," Jasper slowly said, trying to get my attention.

I was shaking and sweating furiously, my vision was blurry, my throat was dry. I couldn't think properly and all I wanted was to see the evil bitch dead.

"No," I shook my head and closed my eyes before squeezing the trigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 242K 53
If you ever met Jezzabelle Lemana you'd think she was a nice, sweet, loving person with the perfect life. But some things are not what they seem. Th...
58K 2.8K 84
***Currently being edited, also adding alot of juicy stuff*** When 18 year old Ashton, moves schools her senior year after her mother and fathers div...
3.1M 77.1K 37
Jade Stone and Blaze Daniels used to be bestfriends from the age of 3 to 15. In Freshman year Blaze realised that he had the potential to become more...
300K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...