Cinder's brother reader x RWBY

By Pixelatedfire10

Y/n Fall's past is filled with moments with his sister. Even the one where she eventually became hungry for p... More

Y/n bio
Vale
Ozpin
Beacon
Day before initiation
Initiation
Teams and Jaune's secret
Ruby's Burden
The Ring and Jaunedice
Jaunedice ending
Ren's Trauma and choice
Forever Fall
Vytal festival
White and Black
Best Day Ever
Hi welcome to Beacon
Painting the town
Planning
Dance partners
Inflitration and Reunion
First mission
A dream
Mountain Glenn
Prompto
Trainwreck
Let the battles begin
Why i havent been uploading recently
A robot made only for war
A Qrow's tale
The next maiden
Choice and a fire's dwindling
Pyrrha's choice
The Fall
Death
Lucian King
Special Chapter
Aftermath
Arc

Why did you become a huntsman?

1.9K 29 6
By Pixelatedfire10

Y/n p.o.v
I looked around me and see destroyed building and houses. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and Professor Oobleck were on the ground with me.

Oobleck:well it seems Ms. Rose was able to awaken you Mr. Fall.

Ruby:yup though I can't say it was easy.

Y/n:sorry for being a heavy sleeper. Now what are we going to do?

Oobleck:yes I'll answer that but first Ruby.

Ruby:yes

Oobleck:I thought I told you all to leave your bags at school.

Ruby:But, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't.

Weiss then face palms disappointingly and says.

Weiss:dang it Ruby.

Oobleck:well that is true very well Ruby leave your bag here. We can pick it up when we come back here.

Ruby:But I-

Oobleck:young lady what could you possibly have in that bag that is so important?

Y/n:wait Professor Oobleck I also didn't leave my stuff back at Beacon.

Oobleck:really? So where is your stuff?

Y/n:I placed all of it in my pocket dimension my semblance gives me.

Oobleck:okay then grab Ruby's bag and place it in there.

Y/n:oh wait you know what I think I have too much stuff in my pocket dimension.

Oobleck:oh come on I'm sure you can fit at least one mor-

Before he could finish the sentence Zwei pops out of Ruby's bag looking at all of us happily.

Ruby:get back in the bag.

Oobleck:we're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility and you brought a dog?

Ruby:yes I did.

Weiss:Professor Oobleck I'm sorry for my partner not liste-

Professor Oobleck then quickly runs up to Ruby and grabs Zwei.

Oobleck:genius Ruby Rose you are a genius. Canines are known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound making them excellent companions for hunts like ours.

Ruby looks at us and smiles and says.

Ruby: I am a genius.

Blake:so what are your orders?

Oobleck:ah! Straight to the chase I like it. As you have been informed the southeast area has been marked as a recent hotspot for Grimm activity. Now there are several possible explanations for this behavior. One of which being, Grimm.

We all looked at each other confused and Yang said.

Yang:what?

Oobleck:Grimm, a creature of Grimm approximately 100 yards away from us at this very moment.

Y/n:wait what!

We all quickly turned around and see a single Beowulf walking around. We all unsheathe our weapons and get ready to attack but Oobleck stops us.

Oobleck:stop. There are many reasons why Grimm would congregate in this particular area. One of them being their attraction to negativity. Sadness, Envy, loneliness, hatred, and any other negative emotion.

Y/n:I actually think I harbor some of those emotions.

Ruby:so what now?

Y/n:we wait and see if the Beowulf leads us to it's pack. And it's pack may lead us to our prey.

Yang:how long do we have to wait?

Oobleck:who knows hours, days, maybe weeks. Wait never mind the pack is right there and it's staring at us very angrily.

Weiss:what do we do?

Oobleck:show me what your capable of.

We all nod and prepare ourselves to fight against the pack of beowolves. Ruby stand crescent rose on to the ground and tells Zwei to cover his ears and begins to shoot at the Grimm. Yang runs up to the pack and punches the closest one in the face launching it onto another Beowulf. Blake silently watched the Pack of beowolves and places her hand on Gambol Shroud's handle. And as the coldest one slashed at her she summons a clone and jumps upward to dodge the attack and cuts the Grimm's body in half and continues to attack the other beowolves. While Weiss quickly killed any Beowolf chasing her not wasting any movement while doing so. Ruby continued to shoot at the Beowolves and Zwei was just running around chasing his tail and when he stops chasing it Ruby pulls her weapon out of the ground and launches herself at the crowd of Beowolves killing each one in a single slice. I was too busy watching them fight that I hadn't notice the large group of Beowolves surrounding me. So I decide to finally take notice of them and turn toward them and activate armiger. One of the Beowolf jumps and slashed at me but the spinning weapons around me parry the attack and launch the Beowolf back. I then grab the engine blade that was spinning around me along with my other weapons and I warp myself in front of it and cut it in half. I then each my hand forward and will the weapons around me to launch themselves toward the group of beowolves. Each one killing a single Beowolf as they stab through them. And after awhile I summon my weapons back around me and stab each one of them into the ground around me and slap my hands together. As I did that the floor under me and the beowolves turn white and the beowolves freeze in place and their bodies begin to crack as light shines through the cracks and they all turn into dust. I begin to breathe heavily and armiger deactivates and I place my arms back to my sides. And the others look at me surprised.

Yang:nice light show y/n.

Y/n:thanks glad you enjoyed.

Oobleck:yes thank you for killing all the other beowolves Mr. Fall but you seemed to have tire yourself in the process. So word of advice the next you do something like this make sure it's against the last enemy.

Y/n:yes sir.

Oobleck:now lets continue.

We the continue walking around the ruined city sometimes running into Grimm and killing them. Everything was silent until Professor Oobleck asked Yang a question.

Yang p.o.v

Oobleck:Tell me Yang why did you choose this line of work?

Yang:well to fight monsters and sav-

Oobleck:no that is what you do, I want to know why you do it. The honest reason as to why you want to be a huntress.

Yang:the honest reason? I'm a thrill seeker I wanna travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. But there is also another reason.

Oobleck:and what is that other reason?

Yang:well my dad said he would tell me about my mom if I became a huntress.

Oobleck:you mean Summer Rose?

Yang:no my real mother Raven Branwen.

Oobleck:oh, you know you do look like her but your personality definitely comes from your father.

I looked at him surprised and said.

Yang:you knew my mother?

Oobleck:yes I did. She was always cold to others even to her brother.

Yang:you mean uncle Qrow?

Oobleck:yeah unlike his sister he was actually nicer to others but he tended to keep everyone but his team at arms reach. I guess it had something to do with his semblance being quite a tragic one.

Yang:what is his semblance he never told Ruby and I when we asked him.

Oobleck:his semblance is misfortune. Meaning everywhere he goes he brings misfortune that affects himself and others around him. That's why he tends to keep some people at arms reach.

Yang:so that's why, thanks for telling me this Professor Oobleck.

Oobleck:your welcome. Now on to the next victim I mean student.

I then watch Professor Oobleck run towards Weiss.

Weiss p.o.v
I was breathing heavily as I killed the Grimm that had attacked me. Professor Oobleck then runs up to me and asks me a question.

Oobleck:so tell me Ms. Schnee what is it that you desire?

Weiss:what?

Oobleck:oops wrong show. Anyways what I meant to say was why did you become a huntress?

Weiss:well I'm a Schnee. I have a legacy and honor to uphold. And once I realized I was able to fight I knew what I needed to do.

Oobleck:interesting.

He then runs toward Blake that had just killed some bird Grimm with her weapon.

Blake p.o.v
I sheathed Gambol Shroud as the bird Grimm fell onto the floor around me. And as I did Professor Oobleck ran up to me and asked me a question.

Oobleck:and what about you Blake. Why did you become a huntress?

Blake:there is too much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing. Inequality, corruption, someone has to stop it.

Oobleck:very well, how will you stop it.

Blake:I... uhm.

When he asked me that I couldn't answer. I became a huntress to change my ways in helping Faunus rights but will it actually help?

Ruby p.o.v
I watched happily as Zwei tried to bite the chicken that was stabbed on the end of crescent rose and y/n was encouraging Zwei to try harder. But that stopped as Professor Oobleck walked up to us and looked at us. I quickly sheathed crescent  rose and look at Professor Oobleck and y/n did the same.

Ruby:are we ready to keep going?

Oobleck:no I think that is enough for today.

He then threw his bag at Yang and told them to set up camp while we secured the perimeter. Yang, Blake, and Weiss nodded and began to set up camp while y/n and I followed Professor Oobleck to secure the perimeter. Everything seemed normal until we turned to the right and see a group of giant Grimm that looked like elephants.

Y/n:what are those?

Oobleck:that my boy, is a Grimm.

After hearing what it was I unsheathed crescent rose and said.

Ruby:let's kill it.

Oobleck:I'm afraid your sniper rifle will do nothing more than agitate it.

Ruby:but what if it attacks us?

Oobleck:fear not Ruby those giants Won't attack us. Ruby not every Grimm is mindless. Or rather every Grimm is still mindless. You see the Grimm you see before you are much more superior to any Grimm you have faced. They've have lived for a long time because they have learned that attacking our borders will only lead to their deaths. And that killing one human will only being more humans.

Y/n:then why are they so close to the city?

Oobleck:they are waiting.

He then begins to walk away and we follow him back to the camp.

Ruby:uhm Professor Oobleck can I ask you something?

Oobleck:is it about me interrogating your teammates then yes but first I have a question for you y/n Fall. Why did you become a huntsman?

Y/n:I became a huntsman to beat somebody.

I frowned as I remembered who the person he wanted to beat was.

Oobleck:well I won't ask who the person is assuming it's something personal.

Y/n:yeah it's personal.

Oobleck:well after you beat this person what will you do then.

Y/n:when I first came to Beacon I didn't know what I would do after beating the person. But now I can say that after I beat this person I'll continue to follow Team RWBY as a member of their team.

Oobleck:that is a good goal sticking with your team but remember y/n. In the future they'll have different paths that they will follow and these paths may not intersect with each other. So you may need to find another path unless your thinking of standing by one of them through their paths.

Y/n:well if you put it that way then I guess I'll stand by Ruby. If she's going to become a huntress she'll need someone to watch her back so I'll make sure to be by her side to protect her.

I could feel my face heat up as he said that. I couldn't believe that he was willing to stand by me in the future and protect me.

Oobleck:well it seems you know what to do in your future and I wish you good luck. Now let's get back to the camp.

Elsewhere

Yang p.o.v
All three of us were watching the fire crackle in front of us while waiting for Professor Oobleck to return with the others.

Yang:I can't believe we didn't find anything.

Blake:we've always been fortunate enough to be in the right and place and the right time. I guess we can't always have luck on our side.

Weiss:that's not what I meant.

Blake:huh?

Weiss:earlier, about upholding the legacy. There was more to it.

Yang:yeah, no me too. I mean I don't know.

Blake:I don't know either. I know what I want to do but I figured I'd always take things one step at a time.

Yang:well it doesn't matter, we know why we're here. Right?

Professor Oobleck then entered the building and ran toward the fire and thanked us for making it. Ruby entered with Zwei and y/n and as soon as she saw the fire she kneeled right beside to keep herself warm. She then walked up to me and I asked her.

Yang:hey did professor Oobleck ask you why you became a huntress.

Ruby:no he didn't, weird. Oh well goodnight guys.

She then moved toward a hole in the building's wall and looked at the moon while we set up our sleeping bags. I looked at y/n who was sitting on his sleeping bag staring at the fire and I asked him.

Yang:hey y/n did professor Oobleck ask you why you became a huntsman.

Y/n:yeah he did. Why?

Yang:well I just wanted to know do you know exactly why you wanted to became a huntsman.

Y/n:yes I do.

Yang:oh thanks for answering my question night.

Y/n:goodnight to you to Yang.

I placed my head onto my pillow and tried to fall asleep but it was hard due to still thinking about Professor Oobleck's question.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 32 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...
4.2K 83 9
Jaune used to be a huntsman in training until his transcripts were revealed everyone turn on him except for ruby, blake, nora, ren, and team cvfy he...
14.8K 152 9
(DISCONTINUED) The Nikos family. The family who brought warriors to Remnant. Their legacy is well known around the world, yet the parents of young Py...
12.2K 86 29
When (Y/N) gets helped by her family, spent a whole year with her and her basically being his best friend, he couldn't help but fall for Blake Bellad...