The Star Moon *SECOND IN THE...

By ReneeJett

*CANNOT BE READ AS A STANDALONE, MUST READ THE BLOOD MOON FIRST* Taylor King is a mystery. A hurt and broken... More

IMPORTANT
Cast
One|| Dreams
Two|| Diversion
Three|| My Queen
Four|| The Star Pack
Five|| Emmy
Six|| Learn
Seven|| Broken And It's Okay
Eight|| Fight Me
Nine|| Exploring
Ten|| Something Odd
Eleven|| Meet The Goofballs
Twelve|| I'm Sorry Too
Thirteen|| Oops, I Forgot!
Fourteen|| Borders
Fifteen|| Mommy Mikaelson
Sixteen|| New Girl
Seventeen|| Calm
Eighteen|| Mission
Nineteen|| Gifted
Twenty|| Oh Brother
Twenty-One|| Make A Difference
Twenty-Two|| Benched
Twenty-Three|| The Hamiltons
Twenty-Four|| Please Come Home
Twenty-Six|| Luna
Twenty-Seven|| Save Her
Twenty-Eight|| Heritage
Twenty-Nine|| Happy Ever After Doesn't Mean Forever
INSTAGRAM LIVE?
Epilogue
BOOK THREE!!!
IF YOU PLAY WITH PICTURES...
WHILE YOU'RE WAITING

Twenty-Five|| Date

126 8 9
By ReneeJett

"Taylor?" Evan's soft voice and his nudging woke me from a deep sleep filled with no dreams... and it was beyond pleasant.

"What?" I grumbled, turning over.

"Taylor, baby, wake up," Evan whispered in my ear, his breath washing over my cheek.

"Evan," I whined out, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Taylor, come on, I have plans," Evan poked me. I pulled the duvet down from my face, glaring up at him with shocked eyes.

"Did you just poke me?" I demanded. Evan smirked.

"I did. What are you gonna do about it?" he taunted me. He was trying to get a rise out of me, to get me out of bed. But instead, I just burst into fits of laughter.

I couldn't believe how much he had changed in just a few days. He was vibrant, and when he smiled at me, he really smiled. He talked to me a bit more, opened up, called me baby, and he was playful.

It was so amazing how he let me see the part of him I always knew was there.

"Why are you laughing?" Evan asked, looking confused. This only made me laugh harder. "Come on, Taylor, stop laughing." He poked me again, and I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

He pounced on me, pinning me to the bed and staring at me, the frown on his face fighting to stay firm.

"Taylor," he growled out. I quickly flipped us over, straddling him and running my hands down his chest.

"Yes?" I asked, arching an eyebrow at him. I leaned down and planted a soft, teasing kiss on the corner of his lips. I raised my head to back away but he grabbed my face and pulled me back down, kissing me firmly.

Evan was very abrupt and he was rough. He wasn't too rough, but gentle wasn't really in his vocabulary.

And I didn't mind. I liked the passion. I liked the surprise.

Needless to say, I stayed in bed for a little while longer.

-----------

I raced through the woods on four legs, shaking out my fur and weaving between trees. I heard Evan racing close behind me, and felt a laugh building up in my chest.

It had been a little while since I exercised in my wolf form. So naturally, when Evan suggested we go out for a run, I took off, turning it into a game of chase.

I was always fast. My body wasn't big like Evan's- in fact, I was much smaller. I was thin and nimble, able to run faster than my burlier mate. From what I'd heard, Ariel's size outmatched even Evan's large form.

I noticed Evan break off and run in a different direction, and my steps faltered. Evan rarely left my side when we were out in the forest. He was too afraid I'd meet death... again.

Where are you going? I linked him.

Follow me. He replied, sounding amused. Shrugging my thin shoulders, I turned, my paws digging into the ground and sending dirt flying into the air as I skidded around and took off like a shot to catch up with him.

Once I did I slowed, not wanting to head in the wrong direction again. I trotted at a slower pace at his side, my body often brushing up against his.

I brushed up against him again, and Evan turned on me, his eyes gleaming. We got... a little distracted.

----------------------------

Evan set me down from where I was with my back up against the tree, and handed me my clothes. "Here. We'll walk the rest of the way." he said.

"What do you have planned?" I asked suspiciously, slipping on my black ripped jeans and red plaid flannel.

"Come on," he said with a chuckle, offering his hand out to mine. I took it and he interlaced our fingers. I walked by his side through the shrubbery until we came to a break in the woods.

We exited from underneath the shadows cast by the treetops, and I once again felt the unfiltered warmth of the sun on my skin. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, scenting the smell of the wildlife around me.

When I opened my eyes, my jaw dropped in surprise, a gasp of awe escaping my lips breathlessly.

Evan had led me to a meadow, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. "Come on," he said with a laugh, seeming satisfied with my reaction.

He led me over to a blanket and sat down on it next to a basket. "When did this stuff get put here?" I asked.

"It's amazing what I can get my Beta to do on short notice," Evan said teasingly, and I laughed.

"Orion did this?"

"No, he told Mila to do it for him," Evan corrected, and his eyes met mine. We both laughed. Then, Evan shrugged. "But at least Mila wouldn't have a chance of accidentally putting poison in our food." he added.

"That is true, I do feel safer in Mila's hands," I agreed. Evan leaned close, his face inches from mine, his breath washing over my cheeks.

"Even safer than in mine?" he asked. He was teasing slightly, but the question was genuine, I could see it in his eyes. Either I'd gotten better at reading him, or he'd let down his walls.

"No. No one could ever make me feel as safe as you." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a slow, sensual kiss.

He rolled us over, pinning me gently to the ground, his lips working against mine slowly and gently. When we finally broke apart for air, I grinned up at him, and his grin matched my own.

"Let's eat." I declared.

"Oh, I'd like to eat something alright," I heard him mutter under his breath as he sat up, and I blushed.

Evan pulled out some sandwiches and grapes, and we ate, talking and laughing the entire time. When I was done eating I moved my body so I was in between Evan's legs, my head resting on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and we sat in silence for what felt like forever.

It wasn't an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. One I didn't mind at all.

After a while, Evan's body shifted slightly, and he cleared his throat. "As much as I'd like to sit here all day, I had plans." He reached into the basket and pulled something out. He masked what it was, closing the palm of his hand.

I heard him rustling around behind me, and suddenly his arms were around me again, his hands in my view.

It took me a moment to realize what he was holding in between his fingers.

It was a silver, seven stone diamond ring. It was platinum, of course, but it was so beautiful.

"Marry me," was all Evan said.

The ring and the proposal were everything that my mate was; simple, but beautiful. I looked up at him, my mouth parted in shock and awe. He looked down on me, his eyes a mask to me again.

"Please?" he added, sounding unsure of himself. I turned around, sitting myself in his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Yes, yes," I gasped, laughing breathlessly. "Yes, a thousand times yes."

Evan let out a breathless, relieved laugh and I grabbed his face, our lips colliding in a ecstatic, passionate kiss.

He took my hand in his and slid the ring onto my finger, staring at it in awe. He looked up at me. "I can't believe you're mine," he murmured.

"I always was," I said softly, our foreheads leaning against each other. "And I always will be."

We got carried away again, and it took us a while before we could come down from the euphoria enough to shift and run back home.

-------------------

"I'm so happy for you," Janice gushed, taking my hand in hers and inspecting the ring again. "It's beautiful, son, how'd you ever find it?" Janice asked my mate.

My fiance.

"I had a little help," Evan said with a small smile. His eyes met mine, and I felt my heart warm. I truly loved this man.

I adored Janice and loved telling her, but with Janice came... Charlie.

Charlie sat across from us silently, brooding. "Don't you think it's a little soon?" he asked suddenly.

Evan and I both stiffened, but Janice didn't. She tried to downplay it- there's no way a woman with her brains didn't catch the rude tone in Charlie's voice... nor the accusation.

"If anything they've waited long enough. You know, I married your Father before our first heat," Janice said in a conspiring tone.

"Mom," Evan muttered in an embarrassed voice. He turned to his brother. "Why do you think it's too soon?" he asked.

No one could miss- nor pretend to miss- the challenge in Evan's voice.

Down boy, I said quickly.

Aren't you the one who wants to rip him apart? Evan snapped back dryly.

Don't ruin this. I replied. Don't let him ruin this.

"I'm not trying to start an argument," Charlie raised his hands in a surrendering motion, and I fought the urge to scoff. Yeah right. "I just think you need time to be sure."

Consider me offended.

"Be sure about what?" Evan demanded.

"That's she's ready to be Luna!" Charlie cried. "I mean no offense Taylor, but with your upbringing-"

"What about her upbringing?" Evan demanded, rising to his feet.

Oh hell no. Now all bets were off.

"Calm down before you hurt yourself or somebody else." Charlie said in a condescending tone, and my wolf growled. "Taylor wasn't raised by a pack, she needs to be-"

"Taylor is sitting right in front of you. If you have something to say, grow a pair and say if to my face." I said, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back slightly in my chair, staring up at Charlie with steel in my gaze and severe attitude.

All three of the Mikaelsons were shocked and silent.

"What?" I demanded, uncrossing my arms and leaning forward. "You didn't expect me to defend myself? I don't need Evan to fight for me, I'm a big girl, I can handle my own problems. So what is your problem with my "upbringing", Charlie?" I asked, raising my fingers and using quotation marks.

"Taylor I-"

"What is it Charlie?" I cut him off abruptly, rising to my feet. "The fact that I don't have a pack? Or is it being tortured and experimented on at the ripe age of eight?" I asked with sarcastic glee. All were still silent. "Come on then, spit it out!"

"Taylor," Evan said softly.

"No!" I said loudly. "I don't care if you have a problem with me, Charlie. But you need to learn that you will not talk about me as if I am not here, and you will not talk down to me." I snarled dangerously. "The things I went through as a child made me a strong, independent woman. I'm sorry if you feel threatened by a woman who doesn't cower before you." I scoffed.

We both had been walking around the table slowly until we were in each other's faces. Charlie was angry. "Watch your tone with me," he growled out.

"Watch yours," I retorted.

"Learn your place," Charlie snarled threateningly, and Evan's growl shook the room.

"I know exactly where my place is, and I know exactly who I am." I snarled savagely. "Perhaps it is you who needs a lesson. I am Taylor King, second made Gifted, second to the Queen of Gifted, mate and fiance to Alpha Evan Mikaelson of the Star Pack, and the future Luna. I am the second most powerful Gifted in the world. I could turn your bones into dust, and I could kill you without my powers." I felt my authority rolling off of me in waves as I finally accepted my position and my role in destiny. "Do not ever underestimate me again, for it will the be last thing you do. I know who you are, what you're doing, and I can assure you, I will not hesitate to kill you the first chance I get."

"I am the second born!" Charlie hissed.

"I am the Luna, and you are my subject!" I roared, and he cowered before me. "And you do well to remember who I am." I turned my back on the Mikaelsons and left our house, striding into the forest. I shifted into my wolf, shredding my clothes and taking off.

Taylor!

I ignored Evan's desperate call and ran, never looking back.

||Evan's P.O.V||

I'm tailing her. She's just running- she doesn't seem to have a destination. I think she's trying to cool off. She hasn't scented me yet. Axel linked me.

I sighed with relief. I was worried she was running away again.

I turned slowly on my brother, who was waiting with his arms crossed over his chest. "Keeping a leash on that mate of yours?" he sneered.

I hit him so fast neither him nor my Mother saw it coming. I punched him so hard in the face, his body folded beneath him, and he hit the floor. My Mother gasped, tears coming to her eyes.

"Evan!" she cried. I shot a glare at her. My Mother had the capability of being just as cold as me. Charlie was our weakness.

I need you to be strong. He hurt her. I linked her. She nodded in defeat, her head hung.

Orion entered my home, two guards at his side.

"Get him out of my sight," I growled. Orion picked him up off the floor and tossed him roughly to the guards, who dragged him out of the house.

"What are you going to do?" My Mother asked, her body racked with sobs.

"He'll just spend a night or two in the cells," I said, trying to hide my indecisiveness. "Until I can be sure what I've been hearing isn't true." she nodded, and finally let herself fall onto the couch.

I raced out the door, feeling awful for leaving my Mom behind, but my mate needed my attention. She needed to know she wasn't alone. She needed to know I wasn't angry.

I shifted midair, my clothes shredded in the process.

When I found her deep in the woods, she was curled up in the tall shrubbery. I barely spotted her small form, and paced over to her.

I nuzzled her cheek with my nose, and she let out a small whine.

I don't care what anyone else says. You will be my wife, and this pack's Luna. I will marry you, you'll bear my pups, and we'll be happy. I swear to you. You're my forever. I told her.

She leaned into me, searching for support.

Thank you. Her mind whispered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Look at Taylor, standing up for herself! She's finally accepting her role!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
297K 12.4K 25
(This is a boyxboy story. If you do not like that kind of thing, then you know what to do...LEAVE. I will not tolerate any discrimination or any insu...
536K 19.4K 21
Tessa Parker is on the run. She has the strength and speed that is greater than any werewolf even an Alpha. She is a Guardian Wolf. Once respected pr...
318K 5.2K 39
This book is being edited. Taylor Jones is 17, a badass and is in one of the most dangerous gangs in LA with her brother and friends, that are more...