The Star Moon *SECOND IN THE...

بواسطة ReneeJett

*CANNOT BE READ AS A STANDALONE, MUST READ THE BLOOD MOON FIRST* Taylor King is a mystery. A hurt and broken... المزيد

IMPORTANT
Cast
One|| Dreams
Two|| Diversion
Three|| My Queen
Four|| The Star Pack
Five|| Emmy
Six|| Learn
Seven|| Broken And It's Okay
Eight|| Fight Me
Nine|| Exploring
Ten|| Something Odd
Eleven|| Meet The Goofballs
Thirteen|| Oops, I Forgot!
Fourteen|| Borders
Fifteen|| Mommy Mikaelson
Sixteen|| New Girl
Seventeen|| Calm
Eighteen|| Mission
Nineteen|| Gifted
Twenty|| Oh Brother
Twenty-One|| Make A Difference
Twenty-Two|| Benched
Twenty-Three|| The Hamiltons
Twenty-Four|| Please Come Home
Twenty-Five|| Date
Twenty-Six|| Luna
Twenty-Seven|| Save Her
Twenty-Eight|| Heritage
Twenty-Nine|| Happy Ever After Doesn't Mean Forever
INSTAGRAM LIVE?
Epilogue
BOOK THREE!!!
IF YOU PLAY WITH PICTURES...
WHILE YOU'RE WAITING

Twelve|| I'm Sorry Too

180 9 3
بواسطة ReneeJett

I walked into the kitchen, finding everyone already in there, having a laugh.

Where was Evan?

I wonder if he’s still upset. Will I be going through my heat alone? He wouldn’t do that to me… would he?

“Where are Ivy and Rafael?” James asked.

“Oh, come on. We all know they’re still in bed. The real question is; what are they doing in bed?” Hudson asked crudely. Jess slapped the back of his head. “Ow! Woman! What was that for?!” Hudson cried, rubbing his head.

“Seriously?” Jess asked, placing her hands on her hips. I watched this scene with amusement, although I was still stressing.

I can't do my heat alone.

“Or who they’re doing,” James muttered under his breath, and Willow looked up at him without saying a word, staring at him dangerously. James laughed nervously. “Baby, you know I’m just joking,” he said.

Willow looked away, and James looked at Tristan with wide, panicked eyes. “Help.” he squeaked.

“Wow. I am so sorry you two got stuck with them,” Ariel said to Willow and Jess, shaking my head.

“Hey, Tristan is just as bad, you just haven’t heard it yet.” Hudson said defensively, and Tristan glared at him.

“Oh, and I’m sure you and Evan haven’t gotten all cozy yet?” James retorted.

I felt pain in my heart and looked down for a moment.

“Um, no, actually.” I said quietly, and the mood dampened for a moment, making me feel nervous and guilty.

Sarah touched my arm, shooting me a reassuring look.

“You can stay here as long as you want, you know that right?” Tristan asked me. Ariel nodded with agreement.

“This place was made for you, Taylor. This is our home.” Ariel said.

I didn't miss the quick disappointment flash through Tristan's eyes, but his poker face was back.

He had a damn good poker face.

“I know, thank you, King Tristan.” I nodded.

“Please, call me Tristan. We are all friends, aren’t we?” I nodded.

“Where are Rebecca and Oliver?” Ariel asked to change the subject.

I shot Ariel a grateful look, and her eyes filled with understanding.

“Getting to know each other,” Sarah muttered cryptically, and Hudson snorted.

“She means Rebecca is introducing her mate to the taste of the mat,” he said.

“Actually, Oliver can hold his own against her.” Isabella piped up. “I saw him nearly beat her. Of course, neither were using their abilities, just the average wolf strength.”

“No way!” James exclaimed, interest fully peaked.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. Maybe he was drawing from her?" Ivy asked curiously.

"They haven't marked each other, it's not possible." Hudson shook his head. Then, he paused.

"They haven't marked each other, right?" He asked slowly.

"No, they haven't." Isabella shook her head.

“Taylor, I think you should get the door.” Tristan said quietly, and I looked up at him, confused. “He’s always watching, Taylor.” He told me.

My heart began to race, and I tried to hurry as calmly and discreetly to the front door as possible.

I opened the door and hurried out onto the porch, my steps faltering when I saw him leaned against a black mustang.

He had on dark jeans, a forest green t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

He looked so good.

"Hi." He said, pushing off the car.

"Hi." I said breathlessly.

"I'm so sorry," He surprised me by saying, his blue eyes wide and genuine, filled with pleading. "I lost control, and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you think of me that way."

I remained silent, just staring at him like a deer in the headlights.

"Please say something." He implored.

I walked down the steps and up to him, placing my hand on his cheek.

He stared down at me, eyes serious. He didn't stop me.

I leaned up and kissed him, feeling a spark light deep in my chest.

My wolf howled with pleasure, and I felt pleased myself.

It felt so right.

Evan's arms slowly moved, his hand making it's way to the back of my head, the other shaking around my back.

He spun us around suddenly and pushed me against the car, attacking me with his lips.

I let him take control, our lips moving in sync, his hands roaming my body, holding me tight.

The air was thick with passion, and I clung to him like life itself, never wanting him to let me go.

His touch caused sparks to dance under my skin, and I felt a giddy feeling in my stomach, my heart bursting with happiness.

I wanted this. I wanted him.

We broke the kiss for air, breathing heavily. Evan ran his hands down my cheek, his knuckles brushing my skin.

"We should probably go inside." He whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.

I placed my hand on his chest, looking down.

"I like this look." I said, and he smirked.

"Oh yeah?"

"I mean, I knew you were a bad boy, but this definitely sells it." I teased, and his smirk only grew.

"Hmm, I glad you do. I try to stay away from suits and dress up unlike a few I shouldn't name." He said, and I bit my lip, smiling.

"Don't do that." Evan suddenly said, and I stopped, confused.

"What?"

Evan lunged forward, capturing his lips in mine.

His teeth sank into my bottom lip and he pulled it out, releasing it and letting it pop back into place.

Oh wow.

"I think I might not try to stop." I whispered, my eyes still closed.

"It drives me crazy," Evan breathed, and I bit my lips again, this time because his comment made me nervous and shy.

"I like this car, too." I whispered, gesturing to it. My body was pinned between it and Evan, and Evan looked at it.

"We should go inside, before they come out and never let us here the end of this." He said, and I giggled.

"Yeah, probably."

I led him inside, using my hand and the code to unlock the door.

He paused in the hallway, bringing me back to him and cupping my face in his hands, his thumb stroking my lips.

He leaned down and gave me a soft, sweet kiss.

My heart fluttered, and I closed my eyes, relishing the feeling of his lips against mine.

"I like this look," Evan ran his hands down my side, feeling the sift sweater. "Makes you look warm, and... studious."

I laughed at him and led him into the dining room.

“It’s the lovebirds!” James crowed from his seat, smirking as we walked in. “We were just talking about you!”

Jack screwed up his nose. “No we weren’t,” he objected.

“Oh shush, Portals, they don’t know that.” Hudson replied.

“Don’t listen to him, Jack. we always have to tell the truth unless it’s lying for a good reason,” Daisy said.

“You’re no fun,” Hudson told her, and she stuck her tongue out at him, a gesture he mirrored.

“Seriously, Hudson? What are you, five?” Evan asked, sitting down. I sat down next to him, and underneath the table his hand drifted to my thigh, resting there.

“Shut up,” Hudson fired back.

“Hey!” Ariel scolded. “There are kids in here!” she reached over and covered James’ ears, grinning mischievously. I giggled.

James scowled at her. “Har har, very funny.”

“You suck,” Hudson said to Ariel.

“Hudson!” Ariel chided.

“Oh be quiet,” he waved his fork dismissively at her, and she raised her eyebrows with an ‘oh really?’ expression. Isabella snickered.

“Watch your back, Hudson. If there’s anything Ariel’s good at, it’s getting the best kind of revenge,” Sarah and Ivy nodded in agreement.

“Hey, are we fighting later?” Rebecca asked Ariel, and Ariel nodded, smiling.

“Are you sure you wanna do that?” James asked her, and Ariel’s eyes narrowed.

“Do you take me for a pansy?” she retorted, and then she smiled sweetly. “Oh wait, I forgot, that’s what you are.”

“Oh, my feelings are hurt,” James said sarcastically. Then he rolled his eyes. “Can’t eat a meal in peace.”

“You started it,” Isabella pointed out. James looked to Willow.

“Nothing from you?”

Willow simply shrugged. “You can’t expect me to get mad at her. You did start it.”

“Why are you asking the girl to stand up for you? Grow a pair and stand up for yourself,” Tristan teased.

James threw his hands up in the air. “No respect,” he said with exasperation. “I give up on you barbarians.”

“Shut up James,” we chorused.

------------------------

"Hey," I greeted Evan as he walked out onto the balcony, sitting next to me.

"It's nice out here," he commented.

"This is my favorite spot." I agreed. "I actually slept out here last night," I laughed at myself.

"You slept outside?" Evan asked, eyes wide with worry. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Because I fell asleep after Rebecca left."

"You're buddies now?" Evan asked, and I could've sworn he sounded jealous.

"I'm 'buddies'" I quoted him, using my fingers. "With all of them. Hudson and James are good to have at your side in a fight- if they'd talk a little less." I added.

"Are you alright?" He asked, eyeing the cut on my cheek.

"I did more damage to them than they did me," I shrugged. "This should heal soon, the bruises already did." I showed him my hands.

He took them in his own, inspecting them.

"Bruises? From what?"

"From kicking ass." I retorted. "I can take care of myself, I did for my entire life."

Evan looked up at me, his eyes sad.

"You don't have to do that anymore. I'll take care of you."

"I don't need you to. You don't need to."

"But I want to," he said insistently.

"You're so confusing," I said with a sigh, standing up and walking away from him, my back to him.

"I'm trying not to be." Evan said, still seated.

"And I'm trying, Evan, I'm trying to understand you." I turned around. "You can be so warm and so kind, and then you just-" I snapped my fingers. "Become the Star Alpha."

He eyed me, and I had a feeling he knew where I was going with this. "That scary man, the cold one, the one who can't afford to have emotions."

"That's who I am, Taylor." Evan said. "I don't know how to talk to people. I don't know how to comfort you when you're crying. I don't know how to let you in- I don't know if I can change."

"I want you, Evan." I said, and his eyes widened. "All of you. I'll take the cold Alpha if I get the kind man, too. But I can't just have the Alpha side of you. I can't have some of this, I want more. I need more."

I sighed and turned away from him, putting my face in my hands.

He walked up to me and gently pulled my hands away, staring deep into my eyes.

"I can give you more." He said. "Or at least, I can try. I'm not used to this, Taylor."

"I'm not used to this either," I replied. "The things I've been through Evan I-" my voice broke and I looked away from him. He looked away too, his jaw clenched. "I've never gotten to even think about what I want out of my life." I said. "I don't know what I want, I don't even know who I am. I'm not used to pack life, and I'm sure as hell not used to staying in one place for more than a year. I've never felt safe, I don't feel safe. I don't even know what safe feels like."

"I'll keep you safe," Evan said firmly, cupping my face. "I swear to you, you'll always be safe with me."

"I'm being hunted, Evan." I said, my voice breaking. "We all are. I have powers that make me different, people look at me because they think I'm a freak. I'll never really be safe. You can't keep that promise."

He pulled me into his embrace and I buried my face in his chest, trying not to cry.

"Maybe not. But I can damn well try."

-------------------

"Tell them what you guys told us." Isabella said to Oliver, Jess, Willow and Phoebe.

I stood in the corner next to Evan, my arms crossed over my chest.

"We heard about a group of Gifted who are more organized than you guys were," Phoebe started, gesturing to Ariel.

"They are helped by some regular wolves. Badass ones. No one has any idea who they are. They strike and disappear as if they were never there." Oliver said.

"They're like myths. No proof they exist except for some chaos local P.D can't explain. And, of course, dead hunters." Willow added.

"Dead hunters?" Ariel asked. They nodded.

"They've been evading and killing for years. They seem to have decent weaponry, and lots of contacts." Jess helped.

"The only info we knew existed was on that drive," Phoebe pointed at the drive in Isabella's computer. 

"It's why we stole it." Oliver explained.

"You stole it?" Jess asked him.

"You missed a lot while you were trying to "live normal lives"." Oliver quoted sourly.

I sensed tension between them.

They never came back for Thomas and I, so if anyone should be upset here, it's me. I thought. Then I did a double take.

Damn, that was selfish.

"We were following a lead." Willow snapped.

"So were we." Phoebe shot back.

"Guys!" Isabella clapped her hands at them. They turned to her. "Focus." She said.

"Anyways," Oliver said, clearing his throat. "We stole that drive to see if we could crack it and find them. To join them. We'd be safer with them."

"You don't know that." Jess said.

"Safety in numbers, Jess." Oliver snapped, irritated. "Obviously these guys are capable of protecting themselves and others too."

"They attract too much attention. They weren't running, they were hunting. That invites challenge." Willow pointed out.

"Oliver has news covers made about him and we were fine." Phoebe argued.

"No you weren't." Sarah said, and the four turned to them.

"Excuse me?" Phoebe asked with an attitude.

"Hey." Ariel said warningly, but she ignored her.

"You weren't fine. The hunters were on your asses. You're lucky we got there before we did. The others weren't so lucky." Ivy said.

"Well everyone turned out fine, didn't they?" Phoebe snapped.

NO THEY DIDN'T.

"My brother is six feet under, you call that "fine"?" I demanded, and Evan laid a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged him off angrily, glaring at Phoebe.

"You made it out, didn't you?" Phoebe said. "Look, I’m sorry about Thomas, I really am. But people have been dying around us for years, Taylor. This is war. Make a mistake, and you die."

What the hell?!

"He was shot!" I yelled, my fists clenched.

"Taylor," Evan breathed. I felt the power buzzing in me, but I mashed it down.

"So what? We're here arguing about stupid stuff in the past when we need to be focusing on right now! On staying alive! Every passing minute is a minute Dante could figure out where we are and slaughter us all like he did to our friends!" Phoebe yelled. "And think about what he has planned for Ariel! You know he's not going to make it quick!"

Tristan let out a growl, the sound rumbling in his chest.

Ivy got up and took Daisy and Jack out of the room.

As soon as they were out of the room and the door closed behind them, everyone exploded, shouting and yelling at each other.

"My brother isn't just some number on a casualty sheet!" I yelled.

"We all are!" Phoebe yelled back.

"Phoebe!"

"You left me!" Oliver was saying loudly to Jess and Willow.

"You know what, all of you left me!" I said accusingly.

"We got split up!" Jess cried.

"You told us to run!" Willow added.

"You could've come back! You should have come back!"

"Thomas is gone, this isn't helping anyone." Phoebe said loudly.

"No one know he's gone more than me!" I sakd, and we advanced at each other, getting way too close.

I wanted to back down, but my wolf was in control, and it looked like hers was too.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Ariel roared, and every quieted, turning to stare at her. I glanced down.

Her hands were on fire, shining a bright red orange. Her eyes were shining gold.

She sucked in a deep breath and the fire faded out.

"What the hell is wrong with you all?" She asked, looking around us with disappointment. "We're alive, but if you keep acting like this some of us might not be. And there were kids in here!" She added harshly.

"You just gave them every example of how a team is not supposed to act. Phoebe, what the hell? I buried a friend. Taylor buried her brother. Hell, I made you a grave!" She yelled, getting angry again. "All of you get out. Go somewhere else. Go sleep it off, or fight it off with your mates or a friend. You’re just taking your frustrations out on each other- you’re not even made at each other.

"Isabella, I want you running point on this investigation, Sarah and Ivy help her. Call Sarge, see if he can come down. Call me if anything changes. I need to go get dressed."

She stormed out and Tristan followed right behind her.

"Taylor-" I left angrily, the pain in my heart excruiciating.

I went outside, storming into the forest surrounding us towards my left.

"Taylor!"

"Leave me alone, Evan." I growled out, jumping over a fallen log.

I just wanted to run.

I did, my legs slowly moving faster and faster, the trees whizzing by me.

I sat down on a fallen log and buried my face in my hands, tears burning my eyes.

I just wanted my brother back.

Let me go, Taylor. Let this go.

His voice whispered in my mind.

"Put one foot in front of the other." I whispered. "Then do it again."

"Taylor," Evan sat down next to me, and after a moment he awkwardly placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

186K 2.6K 56
Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chase. Chase, the soon-to-be Alpha of the B...
112K 2.6K 19
The Blood Moon Book, section Thirty of Rule Nine, page twelve, paragraph four line six "An eldest son, taking the throne must have a mate, by full mo...
1.6M 42.8K 50
Clare, a teenage werewolf, must face the darkness of the pack that took her in. Cold Creek Pack, took in Clare only because of their reputation. Othe...
3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...