The Star Moon *SECOND IN THE...

By ReneeJett

*CANNOT BE READ AS A STANDALONE, MUST READ THE BLOOD MOON FIRST* Taylor King is a mystery. A hurt and broken... More

IMPORTANT
Cast
One|| Dreams
Two|| Diversion
Three|| My Queen
Four|| The Star Pack
Five|| Emmy
Six|| Learn
Eight|| Fight Me
Nine|| Exploring
Ten|| Something Odd
Eleven|| Meet The Goofballs
Twelve|| I'm Sorry Too
Thirteen|| Oops, I Forgot!
Fourteen|| Borders
Fifteen|| Mommy Mikaelson
Sixteen|| New Girl
Seventeen|| Calm
Eighteen|| Mission
Nineteen|| Gifted
Twenty|| Oh Brother
Twenty-One|| Make A Difference
Twenty-Two|| Benched
Twenty-Three|| The Hamiltons
Twenty-Four|| Please Come Home
Twenty-Five|| Date
Twenty-Six|| Luna
Twenty-Seven|| Save Her
Twenty-Eight|| Heritage
Twenty-Nine|| Happy Ever After Doesn't Mean Forever
INSTAGRAM LIVE?
Epilogue
BOOK THREE!!!
IF YOU PLAY WITH PICTURES...
WHILE YOU'RE WAITING

Seven|| Broken And It's Okay

169 9 0
By ReneeJett

I walked into the bar an hour later, stiff, sore, and in need of a drink.

I walked up to the bar and found Sarah and Orion already there.

"Hey guys," I greeted, taking a seat beside Orion. "A martini please." I said to the bartender. He nodded.

"A martini?" Orion asked with disbelief. He and Sarah had beers.

"Don't start with me." I said. He chuckled.

"Here you go," the bartender placed the glass in front of me, and I just stared at it.

"Are you not gonna drink that?" Orion asked.

"The martini," Sarah said, with a bitter laugh.

"What about the-"

"The Good Doctor always had one in the mini fridge for after the procedures." I cut off Orion. "I order one and stare at it to remind myself why I don't drink, and why I'm still alive."

Orion was speechless for a long momenr. "That's deep," was all he could say, and I smirked.

"You have no idea."

I heard footsteps and I turned, seeing Evan enter the bar. It was clear he was searching for someone, and when his eyes landed on me, he headed towards me.

"Are you healed?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm all good now. Got a goodnight hug from Emmy and everything." I said.

"Good. Can I talk to you?" He formed it like a question, but he wasn't asking.

I nodded, abandoning the martini and following him up the stairs.

We entered his office, and I could tell a silent storm was brewing in him.

I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting.

"You cannot do that ever again." Evan turned on me. "I could have killed you in that field."

"I wasn't worried." I said. "I knew you wouldn't hurt me."

"Well, you weren't safe." Evan said.

"You got control. You didn't hurt me."

"An action I may not be able to to again," Evan said through gritted teeth.

"If, and that's a big if," I started, getting his attention. "If you and I get into a relationship and if you actually start to care about me, I happen to think that you'll be able to control yourself and stop yourself from hurting me." I said, backing towards the door.

Evan's eyes were wide with shock. "But you have to want to control it, Evan." I said, shaking my head and opening the door. "I can't do it for you."

I closed the door behind me and went to my room.

I changed into my pajamas and turned around, lifting my shirt and looking in the mirror.

The doctor said that the scar would be there for a few months, since I'd shifted and hurt myself really badly.

It joined the other scars on my torso from all of the experiments.

There was a quiet, timid knock on my door, and I left the bathroom to open it.

I looked down, finding Emmy standing there in her pajamas, rubbing her eyes.

"Emmy? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare, and I can't find Uncle Evan." She said quietly.

"Come here, sweetie." I said, letting her in.

She got in my bed, and I realized she was holding pieces of paper and a box of crayons.

"Will you draw with me?" Emmy asked me.

"Yes." I said, sitting next to her.

I drew a picture of my brother and I while Emmy drew herself and her family.

While we drew, I talked to her about the dream.

"What happened in the dream?" I asked her.

"I was alone again, that night, in our house." Emmy said. "I was hiding in the closet, in the hatch in the floor that my Daddy built."

"Then what happened?"

"The screaming started. It was my Mommy. I heard my sister crying, and then it all went quiet, after two loud noises." Emmy said.

"And what were those noises like?" I asked.

"They were like fireworks, but louder. Bang, bang!" She said. "Then, I heard footsteps. They kept getting closer to me, and I was really scared. Then, there was a lot of yelling, and bumping, and Uncle Evan pulled me out of the hatch. Then, I woke up."

I wrapped my arms around Emmy.

"You know, something like that happened to me when I was a kid." I said.

"It did?" Emmy asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. A man broke into the orphanage, and he hurt a lot of people. My brother and I got out through a secret tunnel that led to the sewers."

"Did they catch that man?" Emmy asked.

"No, not yet. He's really good at hide and seek." I said. "But Uncle Evan and some of my friends are working very hard to find him."

"Is he the one who hurt you today?" Emmy asked. I shook my head.

"No. They might work for him, though. That's why Alpha Kaden is asking him."

"Oh. I hope they catch him." Emmy said.

"I hope so too." I said softly.

It didn't take long for Emmy to fall asleep in my arms, or for me to fall asleep beside her.

---------------------------

I was awoken by loud voices outside my room. People were yelling at each other, and searching the rooms, slamming open the doors.

I sat up, and Emmy moaned, rubbing her eyes.

My door was thrown open, and Mila stared at me from the hallway.

"Found her!" Mila called down the hall.

"What's going on?" Emmy asked, yawning.

"I think they're looking for you, squirt." I said.

Anna and Evan came running in, worried looks on their faces.

"Emmy honey, where were you? I couldn't find you, I was so worried!" Anna scooped Emmy out of bed, and I propped myself up on my elbow, watching with tired eyes.

"Emmy, you've gotta let someone know before you leave like that." Evan told her sternly.

"Why'd you leave your room, honey?" Anna asked.

"I had a bad dream." Emmy said. "Taylor helped me sleep."

They both looked up at me, and I saluted tiredly. "Thank you." Anna said sincerely.

"It was no-" I yawned. "No problem. Any time, squirt." I reached over and ruffled Emma's messy blonde hair.

Emmy laughed and jumped on the bed, landing on me. I groaned as she hugged me.

"Emmy! Be gentle!" Anna scolded.

"Sorry." Emmy apologized, but she was giggling.

I tickled her and she squealed, running away.

"Go get dressed for breakfast!" Anna called after her, laughing and shaking her head. "Thank you, Taylor." Anna said again, and I nodded.

Mila left, shaking her head. I let my smile drop, and my head hit my pillow as I moaned loudly.

"She came in here?" Evan sounded surprised.

"She couldn't find you, and felt guilty for waking up Anna all the time." I sakd.

"Oh."

"Cool, now go away, I gotta get dressed." I said, waving him out the door as I got out of bed and closed the door.

---------------------

"Hey, wanna go for a run?" Mila asked me as I finished my coffee.

"Yeah, sure." I said. A run would be nice.

"Great, let's go!" She walked out of the dining hall and I quickly got up to follow her, downing the last of my coffee and throwing away the cup as I walked.

We shifted into our wolves in the woods and I followed Mila's red form into a sunny field.

We passed a patrol as we ran- Evan had increased them after the last attack.

I laid down in the grass, feeling the sun soak my fur.

Mila joined me, letting out a sigh.

I closed my eyes and basked in the warmth, letting all thoughts leave my mind and letting myself just float away.

Mila got back up about twenty minutes later, shaking out her fur.

I followed her, stretching and letting out a yawn.

She gestured with her head for me to follow her, and I did, following her through a small patch of woods and up to a river.

She shifted back and cannon balled into the water, resurfacing and waving for me to join her.

"You should come join me! The water feels great!"

I shifted back, eyeing her. "There could be big things with teeth in there." I said doubtfully.

"You are a big thing with teeth." Mila laughed.

I rolled my eyes and gave in, jumping into the water.

I sank down, feeling the grass tickle my bare skin.

She was right, the water did feel great. It was cool and refreshing, but warm enough to feel comfortable.

I surfaced, inhaling deeply through my mouth, blinking water out of my eyes.

"See? It's nice." Mila told me.

"I can't believe we drink this. Fish pee in this," I stated dubiously.

She laughed at me. "You're in a mood today," She noted. She splashed water in my face, and I gasped. "Lighten up! Gimme a smile!"

"I'll get you back for that!" I threatened, and she shrieked when I started swimming for her.

--------------------

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we weren't wolves?" Mila asked out of the blue as we floated in the water.

I let out a thoughtful laugh, shaking my head.

"Easier. Less painful. I wouldn't be hunted in the midst of an act of genocide."

"Yeah. But it'd be harder to find love." Mila pointed out.

"No offense-"

"Probably none taken." Mila interrupted, and I laughed.

"But finding a mate doesn't guarantee finding love and happiness- Sarah proved that." I said.

"True," Mila relented. "But look at me and Orion. And you and Evan, with a little work and trust, you guys could have a good thing." She said.

I remained silent. We could.

"Hey ladies!" Orion walked up to us, Evan behind him.

We were startled by their sudden appearance, and stopped flosting, sinking into the water to cover our bodies.

"What are you doing here?" Mila asked.

"We thought we'd come check on you, you've been gone for hours." Orion said.

"It's girl time," Mila said, pouting.

"And we were just attacked, you're lucky you're out here at all." Evan said pointedly, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"We're fine now. You can go." I said, waving them goodbye.

"Kicking us out so soon?" Orion asked, eyeing his mate with a flirtatious grin. "Really, babe?"

"Yep," Mila said, popping the 'p'.

I felt a sharp pain in my head and hissed in pain, my hand flying to my temple.

"Taylor?" Evan shot to his feet, staring at me with worried eyes.

My limbs locked and my breathing faltered, and Mila swam over to me, wrapping an arm around me and holding me above water.

"What's wrong? Taylor? Taylor?" Mila asked worriedly.

I was trembling, fear and distress coursing through my body, but I knew it wasn't my own.

"Ariel." I gasped out. I pushed off Mila and sank under water, coming back up coughing for air.

I flailed disgracefully towards the dock as I fought with my wolf, who was rising to the top.

I reached up and grabbed the wood, and Orion gasped.

"She's shifting. Taylor!" Evan yelled as I let go of the wood and fell underwater.

I shifted underwater and came back up as a wolf, swimming around the dock and towards the grass, clambering up towards the shore.

Evan skidded in the sandy dirt, kicking up dust as he came to my side.

I shook out my fur, and tried to focus on what I was feeling. Something was wrong with Ariel, I had to-

I felt Ariel shift, and stumbled, letting out a whine. Evan reached out to steady me, but my wolf shied away from him.

She was in control right now. Her Queen was in distress.

Our wolves always had an unnatural bond- I had no idea what was happening as my wolf threw me in the trunk- not the backseat, I was tied up in the trunk- and took me for a ride.

My feet steadied, and my wolf let out a long, drawn out howl before she took off running, my friends yelling after me.

I heard footsteps behind me and pushed myself harder, but I wasn't any match for Evan's Alpha speed.

Evan tackled me and pinned me to the ground, his black wolf growling down at me.

He shifted back to his human form, but still had me pinned.

"Shift." He ordered. I resisted him. "Shift!" He said, using his Alpha tone. I whined, and my wolf submitted to him- surprisingly- and I shifted.

"Something wrong with Ariel, she's scared, she shifted, Evan, she needs me! I can't control it I don't know what's happening I-"

"It's okay, baby it's okay." Evan cut off my rambling, and I felt scared tears rise.

So he would use an endearing pet name.

His lips were inches from mine, and my eyes flickered from his blue eyes to his pink lips.

I wanted to kiss those lips.

Evan glanced down at my mouth, and it seemed like he was about to kiss me, but we heard footsteps and he broke away.

Orion ran up with Mila at his side, who was dressed and holding my clothes.

Orion was on the phone, and he looked at Evan.

"The castle was attacked. Dr. Brown is dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 17.8K 34
In a world void of mortals, creates the story of Aura Evangelynne Starr. a very unique werewolf. She have been gifted numerous powers and an ir...
536K 19.4K 21
Tessa Parker is on the run. She has the strength and speed that is greater than any werewolf even an Alpha. She is a Guardian Wolf. Once respected pr...
242 4 17
Kate is seventeen and she is in the blood moon pack the alpha is Dylan and he is eighteen and he's also looking for his mate. Dylan is possessive abo...
186K 2.6K 56
Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chase. Chase, the soon-to-be Alpha of the B...