Trying Not To Love (COMPLETED)

By Books_and_nerds

I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I... More

Introduction ✅
Disclaimer ✅
Characters ✅
Chapter 1 ✅
Chapter 2 ✅
Chapter 3 ✅
Chapter 4 ✅
Chapter 5 ✅
Chapter 6 ✅
Chapter 7 ✅
Chapter 8 ✅
Chapter 9 ✅
Chapter 10 ✅
Chapter 11 ✅
Chapter 12 ✅
Chapter 13 ✅
Chapter 14 ✅
Chapter 15 ✅
Chapter 16 ✅
Chapter 17 ✅
Chapter 18 ✅
Chapter 19 ✅
Chapter 20 ✅
Chapter 21 ✅
Chapter 22 ✅
Chapter 23 ✅
Chapter 24 ✅
Chapter 25 ✅
Chapter 26 ✅
Chapter 27 ✅
Chapter 28 ✅
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 29

110 25 0
By Books_and_nerds

Chapter Twenty Nine- Horrifyingly dramatic

After I won 7 times to his five times, we called it a night. It was dark outside but, it was only six thirty. It got really chilly inside the cabin probably because it was surrounded by woods and was in the middle of nowhere, so he had gotten us a blanket and had made some hot chocolate too.

I gulped down the last sip and sat the mug down. There was a coffee colored four drawer dresser, a bedside table and a 45 inch TV. Easton walked inside the room, stretching his muscles. "We should go now." His shirt rode up and I just dumbly stared at exposed skin.

Quickly snapping out of it, I nodded and shuffled out, wearing my flip flops-- which I was dying to replace with my warm boots.

Easton had gotten like ten calls in between the game and every time he had walked out the door to talk.

I didn't mean to be rude or nosy when I said, "I know we're not friends or actually I don't know what we are but, you can talk to Jeanette without leaving room every single time."

His eyes snapped to mine and he just stared. Probably trying to sort out words to speak. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "It wasn't her."

I furrowed my brows and he just strode in and grabbed my hand. "We need to go."

And now he was too eager to get rid of me? Did Jeanette gave him a hard time for bringing me to their special place?

Probably.

I felt awful for any argument that would have happened between the two because of me.

I kept quiet the whole time we drove back home. I sighed relieved that we were at the house and hoped off without giving him a chance to tilt the bike.

I removed the helmet and shoved it at him. He opened his mouth to say something but I was done listening-- too angry at myself.

I didn't care it was me being a child and throwing unnecessary angry tantrums.

A hand grabbed my arm before I even reached the door and he twirled me around.

I couldn't look in his eyes. His hold loosened on me, giving me a chance to walk away.

He cupped my chin and forced me to look up in his beautiful eyes. He smirked. "Don't overthink. It wasn't Jeanette and I have a reason for hurrying. Just come, okay?" He grabbed my hand and we pushed past the doors, kicking them shut behind us.

"What's with the darkness today?" I asked, glancing around. I couldn't even see my own hands.

"You know where the switch is." And then he let go.

"Easton? Easton!"

Ugh!

I hate him.

I walked to where I surely knew were the switches and, "SUPRISE!!!!" I jerked back the wall, wincing a little. Second time today. My heart thrashed in my chest.

It took me couple of seconds to adjust to the lights. And my eyes bugged out of my sockets when I saw huge-- like massive number of people in the living room staring at me.

My brothers and sister, along with Elliot and Jeanette were standing up front, beaming.

I brought my hands to my mouth, my eyes instantly glistening.

They remembered?

They... did this... for me?

I stepped forward and rushed towards them while everyone laughed and cheered. We all hugged and I felt someone might have cracked my bones-- and that would be Alden or Elliot. Whoever hugged me tighter.

"Guys.... not breathing...here." I gasped out and they all pulled away mumbling their sorrys.

I stared around and the house was decorated with ribbons, balloons, and Christmas lights. I took a deep breath, "I thought you forgot!"

Tabby looked stunning in a red dress, her blonde hair flattened out and left loose. She grabbed my arm, "Are you kidding me? And then get jinxed by you for the whole year?"

I laughed and pulled her in for quick hug.

I saw Jamey, shyly looking around.

I smiled and hugged him next. "We even got blueberry cake you love."

I chuckled and whispered, so only he could here. "You're the best."

Heat rose to his cheeks and he pushed his glasses higher on his nose, pulling me closer he hushed, "Don't tell Alden, but it was all Easton." My heart skipped a beat. It was Easton's idea? Are you kidding me? 

I straightened up, roaming my eyes around but he was nowhere to be found.

Alden and Elliot wished me birthday while Tabby and Jeanette rushed me upstairs mumbling about getting me ready.

Tabby's room was neat and tidy like she'd always kept. A dress was spread out on her bed and makeup scattered on her mirror-dresser.

Jeanette, who looked gorgeous in her floor length black dress, which hugged her everywhere and had a long slit up till the middle of her thighs, shoved the dress at me. "Go and change. Hurry!"

Did she know where we were earlier? Was she fine with it?

I licked my lip, nervously.

No wonder Easton loved her so much. She was kind and sweet and understanding. And of course the fact that she looked like one of those girls you see modeling for big fashion companies. Her dark hair were made in ringlets and all pined up to her head. Her makeup was flawless like Tabby's.

"You both look so beautiful."

"Hurray!" Tabby cheered and hugged us both.

Then I was pushed into the bathroom without a warning.

After long TWENTY minutes of my life, where I was made to sit like a statue-- where Jeanette turned my hair in soft beach waves and Tabby did my makeup, I got to finally look at myself.

I wore one shouldered golden dress which reached till the middle of my thighs. It was beautiful but not me. I wanted to argue and wear something that was more me but the looks on their faces when they were done with me made me swallow the words right back down my throat.

I gasped, looking in the mirror. My hair were side parted in the front and left loose. Tabby didn't over do my makeup and had applied thin black lines on both of my eyelids, some mascara, a little of blush, and then splash of blood red lipstick.

"I look... like a vampire!" I threw my hands up, "All I need is some fangs."

They both exchanged looks and laughed before grabbing me and took me out the door.

"Guys... listen. I love you and all but--" Shoot me now!

This was so not happening.

The music didn't just slow down and the heads were so not turning towards us.

I clutched their hands, as we strolled down. I refused to wear heels, so they let me wear my new pair of black sneakers, which I had yet to wear.

My eyes found the ones my heart had been searching for this whole time. He'd changed into black button down shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows, faded ripped jeans and brown boots. His hair were neatly slicked back, his dimples showing off and my heart throbbed in my chest.

Alden and Elliot walked in front blocking my view of him and the music resumed, blasting around me. The chatter started again and I heaved a breath.

I smacked Alden on the shoulder. "You just did it, didn't you?"

He was wearing navy blue button down shirt and black jeans with his grey sneakers. His copper-brown hair were gelled back and elegantly styled.

He laughed and grabbed me in a hug. "Sorry. I thought it would be dramatic."

"Horrifyingly dramatic." I added.

He pulled away chuckling, his eyes danced around me but never once towards my right where Jeanette stood. Was he avoiding her?

I could feel the tension in the air, thick and uncomfortable, and the stiffness in Jeanette's hold on me. I let go of her hand and was quickly led to where the cake was in the dinning room.

My favorite. Blueberry!

It was beautiful, round, simple and huge, resting in the middle of the table.

A lot people from my school, whom I didn't know, mumbled happy birthday to me while I smiled and nodded at them.

My eyes right away did their search for only one person whom I really wanted around me. But, to my dismay I couldn't find him.

Where was he? Disappeared again?

Cutting cake was fun and eating it was even more.

The house was packed and the heat was scorching my skin. And then suddenly, I could feel his eyes on my body, not settling in for a particular spot, just roaming all around leaving a trail of goosebumps.

I swallowed the bile and looked around but still couldn't find him in the pool of people. Where was he?

Jamey was too young to stay for the party like this so Alden sent him back to the room with couple of his friends. Tabby after dancing with me for half an hour reunited with her best friend Jenny and mingled into the party.

Jeanette was MIA too.

I looked in Alden's eyes remembering how much it resembles mom. As we danced together, I gave him a smile and he raised his brow in question, reading the look on my face. 

No words were shared between us. And if I had tried to speak, I would have either cried and then blurted out the truth or just blurted it out about dad.

Elliot and I danced earlier. He looked so handsome and no matter what, I kept on feeling just normal around him. Even when he pulled me in for a slow dance. Would I ever feel the way I feel with Easton with anyone else?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
179K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
9.5K 212 30
[CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING!] The 'almost love' story of Liv Arlene and Nate Caesar. I was almost good for her. I was almost good for him. Liv and...