All The More Reason ✔

By Junedsilver

[Twice Featured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io] ✔ [Previously featured on Tapas.io's LGBTQ+ Commu... More

Disclaimer & Copyrights
Part 1 - All The More Memories
Chapter 1 - Family
Chapter 2 - Best Friends
Chapter 3 - The Girl
Chapter 4 - The Boy
Chapter 5 - Silence
Part 2 - All The More Changes
Chapter 6 - Don't leave
Chapter 7 - Burning Holes
Chapter 9 - Rejecting
Chapter 10 - Comforting
Part 3 - All The More Revealing
Chapter 11 - Memory
Chapter 12 - Panic
Chapter 13 - Grounded
Chapter 14 - Trypophobia
Chapter 15 - Faded
Part 4 - All The More Complicated
Chapter 16 - Spill
Chapter 17 - Gift
Chapter 18 - Disappointed
Chapter 19 - Disconnected
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Part 5 - All The More Confusing
Chapter 21 - Visitor
Chapter 22 - Ignorance [Mature]
Chapter 23 - Shut Up
Chapter 24 - No matter what
Chapter 25 - Cornered
Part 6 - All The More Conflicted
Chapter 26 - Game on
Chapter 27 - Approval
Chapter 28 - Left Out
Chapter 29 - Always will
Chapter 30 - Flirtatious
Chapter 30.5 - His burden [Extra content]
Part 7 - All The More Involved
Chapter 31 - Big Bro
Chapter 32 - Teasing
Chapter 33 - Intimate [Mature]
Chapter 34 - Turning Down
Chapter 35 - Humiliating
Part 8 - All The More Troubled
Chapter 36 - Lonely
Chapter 37 - Friendship
Chapter 38 - Familiar
Chapter 39 - Grieving
Chapter 40 - Listen
Part 9 - All The More Reason
Chapter 41 - Trust
Chapter 42 - Admitting
Chapter 43 - Two to tango
Chapter 44 - Let's take it slow
Chapter 45 - Home
Chapter 46 - Boyfriend
Epilogue - Always There

Chapter 8 - Bend or Break

584 61 10
By Junedsilver

Tuesday

The next day, Senn swung back and forth slowly on the swing, not taking his feet of the ground, as he stared at the white house on the other side of the road. The swing set was part of a playground in the park, that also held a pond, a small skate park, a recreational soccer field and lots of trees and grass. He had spent endless of hours in this park in the past years. With his friends, with his ex girlfriend, by himself or with his family. It held so much memories that he felt overwhelmed by them.

Mainly by the emotions that came with those memories.

But the park wasn't the main reason for Senn to feel overwhelmed. It had been the endless staring in school. The whispers, the stares, the pity. He had felt like screaming at those people to mind their own business. But that was probably going to gain him even more attention, and lately all he wanted was to be invisible.

He had remained silent most of the day, and luckily teachers left him alone for the most part. But his friends' actions had been weird, uncomfortable and most of all different. Different from how they used to act.

During lunch, they had decided to go over to Shakies after school, a local lunchroom that had the best milkshakes in the area. They had asked him to come, but he felt no need to hang out with people more than necessary. Again, he just wanted to disappear for a while. Having to go to school was more inconvenient than ever.

He had eventually fled the school halfway down a class and went straight to this swing set. By the time it was dark, he had finally reached a calm state in which he didn't feel like crying all the time. The house across the street was strangely soothing to stare at.

The beautiful white house, with a small tower, big windows that seemed to suck in every ray of sunlight and a green garden bordered with flowers in all possible colors. The house he grew up in, that his parents fell in love with the moment they found it. The house that held more memories than anything in the whole wide world.

But it stung to see lights in it, knowing it wasn't his family that was inside.

"Senn?" a voice sounded behind him.

Senn stiffened but refused to look around. Maybe if he pretended that he wasn't who he really was, the guy would leave again.

"Ah, I thought I recognized that hoodie."

In the corners of his eyes, Senn noticed Elio taking a seat on the other swing.

"You left school out of the blue. Your friends are worried."

"Why do you care?"

"Who says I do?" Elio chuckled, actually starting to swing back and forth the way you're supposed to on a swing. "I'm just telling you what's up."

"Well, I don't care either. Leave me alone."

"Sure."

Senn let out a breath, relieved Elio wasn't a dick that was going to bother him... but then why wasn't he leaving? Senn's eyes went from left to right and back as he followed Elio on the swing going back and forth, not showing any intention to slow down. It wasn't like Elio was speaking, or bothering him with words, but his presence wasn't much appreciated either.

"Can't you just fuck off?" Senn snapped. "I don't want any company."

"I get that, but it's a free world, right? We both have every right to sit here." Elio dragged his feet through the sand, slowing down in an instance.

"I just want to be alone! Is that so hard to respect?"

"You want peace and quiet, but you ain't going to find that by being alone. That much I can tell you. In fact, it'll only get worse the more time you spend by yourself, and alone with your thoughts."

"You don't know nothing about me, or what works for me, okay?"

"Did it work, so far?"

"Who even are you?" Senn jumped up, waving a hand in Elio's direction. "You show up at school, wiggle your fucking way into my group of friends, and then you think you can tell me how to handle my shit?"

"I'm Elio Lake and I lost my mother in a car accident last year. We moved here to get away from the place I couldn't stand to be at any longer but got obsessed with too much too." Elio's facial expression didn't chance, but Senn did hear a slight tremble in his voice when he spoke about his mother. "Being alone doesn't help, because you'll drive yourself crazy with 'what if's' and false truths that you make up out of guilt and grief. Don't do that Senn. Don't estrange yourself from everything else."

"Well..." Senn's shoulders slumped. He wanted to become angry, he really did. He wanted to yell at Elio that it was none of his business. That they were nothing alike, that they had nothing in common, but was it true? "Were you there? When it happened?"

"No," Elio mumbled, shaking his head.

"Then we are nothing alike—"

"She was on her way to pick my spoiled ass up because I didn't feel like riding a bike through the rain."

"I—" Senn sunk back onto his swing set. "I was the one driving."

"I read the article... Joyce and the others didn't want to tell me what happened because they don't like gossiping, about anything, but especially not you. It wasn't your fault."

Senn sniffed, shaking his head. "That's what everyone keeps saying. But everyone died, and I lived. Why? It's not like I'm a fucking saint who deserves more than them. My parents where the best, goddamn it. Did everything to help others..."

"So? You live, and you should honor them by doing everything you can to be alive. You're not really alive right now, are you? For all I heard, you locked yourself away all summer."

"In all fairness, I've only been out of hospital for a few weeks."

"Why don't you let them help you? They don't want to talk about what happened. They just want to take your mind off things."

Senn watched how Elio drew pictures in the sand with his feet, shrugging even though he wouldn't see it. Why didn't he want to see them? Why was he hiding from everyone?

"I don't know. I just... everyone knows and even if they're not showing it, they feel sorry for me and I just don't want to deal with it. You're the first person who talks back to me, who is questioning my words and actions. You dare to do that. But they? They treat me like I'm broken—"

"You act like you're broken, though. You give them no reason to think otherwise. It's up to you, Senn. What doesn't bend, breaks. Did you bend, or did you break?"

>>> Seriously guys, I miss comments :( let me know what you think of the story! <<<

* * *

Chapter 9 is now available on Patreon!

Patreon will have more exclusive chapters for this story, so if you wish to read everything, go to my page, find the link in my 'about me' and pledge for 1,- a month! If you don't, you'll only miss out on extra's.

Love, June

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 34 20
Rodney was excited to start high school, he had a plan. He was going to ask his best friend to be his girlfriend, but then everything changed. Now he...
216K 10.6K 47
⭐️Wattpad LGBTQ+ Book of the Month - April 2017 Justin Riggs' life has been uprooted. After finding himself the target of his school's vicious bully...
639 152 39
Luke had always struggled with a sense of himself, fighting to reconcile feelings that threatened his relationships and his identity. After years of...
50.5K 2.8K 49
Nanon, The heir to one of the biggest mafia families of the country. Ruthless, cold hearted and arrogant but kind and loving to his loved ones. Ohm...