Life With A Yautja (Yautja...

By DeathSavage1231

It was hard sometimes, been out here in the mountains. Winter was never easy, there were hardly any animals a... More

Another Normal Day
The creature in the Snow
Recovery
The Great Hunter
The Ambush
Talking to a Fellow Hunter
Who Amari is!
Mourning Quiver, Who he is!
When u have a Jautja for Breakfast!
Getting to know them.
A trip to the Village
Friend or Foe
Healing time
The first fight...
The storm be a brewing!
The creature appears
IM A FULLY BLOODED HUNTER!!
A Normal Day
1 More Week...
The Hunter Festival
The Past and the Present
The Facility
The plan, Time to Escape
Goodbye Mourning

Meeting the New Yautja

3.1K 116 6
By DeathSavage1231

Amari pov:

Sitting on the couch i turn to look at Mourning, it has been a few weeks since i have last been to the Keeper of the Forge. The due date for the tools Mourning needs is coming up soon and i will have to leave for the village that day but then there is also the topic of the Unknown Yautja. Who he is and why he is here are the first questions i would like to ask him, that's if Mourning doesn't kill him the next time he sees him.

Amari: Mourning we have to chat about tomorrow.

Mourning: What do u mean Little Dagger.

Amari: Well i need to go down to the village to the Keeper of the Forge but then again i would also like to check up on the unknown Yatuja sitting in the twin's basement.

The look on his face could already tell me, he didn't like the idea of me going back into the town alone. Chuckling i grab his hand smiling as i squeeze it to reassure him, getting up i walk around the table thinking on something before i smirk.

Amari: What if i could get u to the twin's shop, then u can deal with the Yautja and i can go to the Keeper of the Forge.

Mourning: Why would u need to go to this "Keeper of the Forge", is he an elder of the village.

Amari: No not at all, he is an elder but there are many in the village.

Mourning: How many Elders are in this Village?

Amari: 12 maybe, i think that's how many there are...Wait what elder of u talking about, I'm talking about the elderly people who old and wise.

Mourning: I am as well, now what were u saying about this "Keeper of the Forge"?

Amari: I wanted it to be a surprise but i guess i have to tell, he's making u tools so that u can repair ur communication device and the due date of them is tomorrow unless something has happened.

The silence i was met with was quite unnerving but the look on his face calmed me down, i had once again shocked him into silence. I laugh softly as i walk over to him sitting next to him smiling as i waited for him to snap out of it.

Mourning: When did u arrange this, i don't ever remember letting u out the house the past few weeks.

Amari: It was the same day i had gotten wounded but before it happened, it was the day u were finally able to hold a chicken.

Laughing i grab the blanket looking to him as i become serious.

Amari: A storm is coming soon so tomorrow we will have to wake up early so I'm tasking u with waking me up early like even before the sun rises ok, also I'm warning u now i might throw knives at u when i wake up.

I shake my head when i hear him chuckle as i look at him seriously.

Amari: Im been serious here i keep like over a hundred handcrafted daggers under my bed, Im not gonna get jumped by a bear.

Mourning: U were jumped by a bear, what is this animal u speak of, is it dangerous?

Amari: Yes it had sharp claws and teeth, actually let me show u.

Grabbing my phone i bring up a picture of a bear before i show it to Mourning.

Amari: They normally don't wake up in winter so we are fine for now, but in spring and summer there are about 4 of them in the woods around us, i haven't been able to track them down yet though.

Putting my phone down i stretch yawning the events from the past few days has tired me out emotionally and mentally. Walking over to the stairs i turn to look at Mourning.

Amari: I'm gonna go to sleep Mourning, u know where the food is, knock urself out and ill see u in the morning, Tiger.

Walking slowly up the stairs i head into the bathroom running myself a bath as i pour some bubble bath in it while thinking over what would have to be done tomorrow. Getting undressed i turn the water off before sliding into the bath instantly relaxing once the water fully covered me to my shoulders.

Laying my head back i smile recalling Mourning's shocked expression, I guess he hadn't expected me to truly go out of my way to help him. Grabbing the body wash i quickly start cleaning my body before getting out, releasing the water as i do.

Grabbing my fluffy towel i get dry my self before i head into my room to get changed into my onesie. Laying back into my pillows i smile curling up as i pull the blanket over myself, smirking i look at it remembering how i got it. It was the hide of the bear that had attacked me one morning when i slept, if i hadn't of had my dagger with me... i would not have survived that attack. Closing my eyes i slowly fall asleep into a deep sleep.
________________________________________________________________________________
The next morning:

Groaning i slowly wake from a deep sleep by gentle shakes to my arm, turning over i glare at Mourning who was now by the door looking about ready to run.SIghing i slowly get up before i smirk pulling out my daggers just to tease him, looking back up i was shocked to find he was already getting into a stance to block me.

Sliding the daggers back under my bed i yawn stretching as i head downstairs past him. I felt like a vampire who had just woken up from a 1000 year sleep.Rubbing my eyes i head over to the coffee machine to make my self a pot of coffee, turning to look at Mourning who was still tense i chuckle softly.

Amari: Don't worry im surprisingly in a good mood this morning, so once im dressed and had my coffee, ill make us a big breakfast i get the feeling we will need it, hey do u want to try some coffee? 

Mourning: What is this coffee, is it that black liquid that is coming from that machine?

Amari: yah its super good especially if u add cream and sugar to it.

Smiling i pour half a cup for him and a big cup for myself, i didn't wish to waste the coffee if he didn't like it.Grabbing the sugar i put 4 teaspoons in before i grab the cream pouring it into the coffee.

Amari: If u like sweet things then take 3 of 4 teaspoons of sugar, the cream just replaces the milk and gives it a more creamy taste i guess.

Grabbing my cup i head back up to my room to get changed into some warmer clothes for the day, i always wondered how Mourning could walk around in only some netting and his armor, it amazes me.

Grabbing my coffee once i was done getting dressed i head back down the stairs and into the kitchen only to witness the funniest thing ever, Mourning couldn't get the cup to his mouth because of this he was getting frustrated be it seemed like he refused to give up.Finally deciding to lend some help i grab a straw from inside my cupboard before i put it in the cup.

Amari: Now try, sorry i should have known u would need something like this

Walking over the fridge i pull out some bacon, sausage, eggs, and finally some premade waffle mixture.Walking over to stove i begin cooking today's breakfast, for once i was starved, mostly because of not having dinner last night.Glancing over to Mourning, i was super curious to see how he would react to the taste of coffee, and to my joy, he seemed to like it, either that or he hated it but didn't want to waste it.

Finally, after a full 15 minutes of cooking, i put the last waffle down on my plate before i smile handing him his plate which consisted of 6 huge waffles,3 eggs 4 bacon, and 6 sausages.He really likes Sausages, mostly the beef ones though.As for my plate, it was almost half of what was on his plate.

Pulling out my phone i start looking through the pictures on my phone from over the years which wasn't that many actually, only 6 but each of them held a story behind them.Smiling i quickly finish up my food before slowly drinking my coffee as i wait for Mourning to be finished.

Amari: Ok so i was thinking, what if i hook the cart up to Nutmeg and u stay hidden in the cart as we go through the Village, not many people will be up but i don't wish to risk it.I'll drop u and the cart off at the Twins and ill come in with u so they don't shit themselves but ill have to leave after that, i don't want to risk getting caught in a storm on the way back.

Glancing over to Mourning i smile seeing him nod even though he was stuffing his mouth full of the sausages.Chuckling i get up grabbing his plate once he is finished along with mine as i put them in the sink before i head out to Nutmegs Stable to saddle her up.Grabbing the cart i haul it to the front of the stables before i hook Nutmeg up to it.Running back in the stables i grab an extra blanket that i can use to cover the top of the cart.

Smiling once i finish hooking the blanket up i turn to see Mourning petting Nutmeg making me smile wider.

Amari: That's Nutmeg, she was the only reason u were able to survive because if i didn't have her i wouldn't of being able to bring u back to my house.Now come on we have to get going the sun is about to rise.

Jumping onto her saddle i wait until Mourning is under the blanket before i whistling getting Nutmeg to start a fast trot down the path to the village.

It took us half an hour to get down to the village and by that time the sun had already risen a small bit over the mountains.Pulling up in front of the twin's shop i hop off of Nutmeg patting her side.Glancing around i flinch slightly by the sound of the sheriff's voice right behind me, whipping around i glare at him holding my heart.

Amari: Jeez sheriff if i hadn't known better i would have thought u were trying to give me a heart attack, now what the hell do u want this early in the morning?

Sheriff: It's rare to see u pulling into the village with a cart Amari, what do u have under there, it looks to be quite big. Already getting a head start on the Hunting Festival?

Gulping softly when the sheriff starts poking at the blanket and the cart getting very close to Mourning.

Amari: No i haven't, i ain't no cheater sheriff, unlike u and ur ancestors i play by the rules of hunters code.

Smirking i watch as his focus shifts from Mourning to me instantly, standing my ground i watch as he marches over to me right until he was a few feet from me as his whole body shook with anger.

Sheriff: My family and ancestors have never cheated once at the Hunters Festival and u know it.

Amari: Oh then why u getting so offensive, it kinda makes u seem more guilty sheriff.

Smirking i cover the few feet that were between us in seconds as i chuckle when he flinches back.

Amari: We both know who is gonna win this Hunters festival this year.

Sheriff: Mark my words brat, i will win this Festival one way or another.

With those words i watched him stalk away as i relax instantly before i look around quickly before peeking into the cart motioning Mourning out quickly before making a run into the twin's shop.

Once inside i put the closed sign on the door before locking the door as i head to the counter.

Amari: DAPPLE, DANIEL GET UR ASSES DOWN HERE NOW!

I laugh hard watching as the two twins fall over each other to get to front counter only to freeze when they see Mourning behind me.

Amari: Guys this is Mourning he's the yautja i cared for, he's here to see the other yautja, by the way, how is he.

Dapple: Destructive and very silent.

Daniel: He's fine but after he woke up and ate he has done nothing but destroy our things in the basement maybe ur friend can calm him down.

Amari: I hope but anyway i need to go to the Keeper of the Forge now, so im leaving Mourning here to deal with the other yautja, i should be back within a few hours 

Daniel: As long as he sorts out that yautja in the basement and doesn't get to much blood on the walls im fine.

Dapple: and he doesn't come up when the customers are here.

Amari: Yah i understand.

Waving to the twins i lead Mourning to the basement stairs as i walk down with him, i wanted to at least now the Yautja's name before i left, yelping i quickly duck as a chair is thrown our way.Glancing up i chuckle seeing Mourning holding the chair before i watch as he stalked off to the back of the basement only to come back a few minutes later with the Yautja covering his cheek and looking like a dog when it knowns its done something wrong.

Amari: Hello im Amari, im the one who helped save ur patch u up. 

Yautja: Yes, u were the one who hit me on the head with the ooman stool. I can not hold it against u since i was harming u.I apologize for that but may i ask how to u speak our language.

Amari: Well Mourning behind u used his Mask to imprint the language into my brain, but anyway what is ur name, Honourable Hunter?

Shadow: My name is Shadow Whisper and i am no Honourable Hunter.

Mourning: He is a Young Blood but what is ur purpose for being on this planet.

Shadow: I was placed on this planet with my elder brothers for our Chiva but we were ambushed and my brother slain by bad bloods. They deem me unworthy to kill and left me to die, i survived for a month before they found me alive again and begun to hunt me that is all i can remember.

Mourning: what is ur clan Young Blood.

Shadow: Mount Burning Flame Honourable hunter.

Mourning: U are from the same clan as me but yet i do not remember a Chiva been placed here.The last one was 4 months ago.

Shadow: I know and i have been hunted for 3 of those months.

Amari: Im gonna leave u two alone i need to get going quickly, ill see u later Tiger.

Mourning: Safe travels Little Dagger 

Waving to the two of them i walk back up the stairs of the basement before closing the door and walking past the twins to Nutmeg, hopping onto her saddle i nudge her side to get her to start moving as i head us in the direction of the Forge.

________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 247 27
Azalea's headed into her second year as an F1 driver. She's got her main group of friends but as she explores new friendships, new feelings come into...
16.6K 416 30
A terrifying monster wakes up with no purpose and no direction. It looks for purpose only to be attacked by both her kind and adventures that fight i...
1M 61.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
105K 3.5K 11
She knew she shouldn't follow him. She should have ran when he nearly killed her. She should have left the hunter alone. But it was too late, she was...