Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 11: Unknown Order

97 4 3
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     Well, the day did not absolutely start very pleasantly. Lucifer was all in a range when Mammon and I woke up earlier. When we went out of my room (after getting ready, of course), Lucifer was waiting for eyes, his eyes flashing with anger, I thought Satan influenced him or something. He is the avatar of wrath, after all. 

     Anyway, Lucifer had me and Mammon stand up inside his room and he had his 3 hours long talk to us about what we did.

     "Man, that was long," Mammon whispered to me after Lucifer finished.

     Mammon and I thought that we would just have to listen to his talk to us, well, at least for me, that is. Lucifer had Mammon hang somewhere around the House of Lamentation upside down! This his additional punishment for trying to steal things from me and sell them. Mammon did cry to me for help, and I wanted to help him, but Lucifer said that he would make sure that no one could find Mammon easily. Then, Lucifer told me to go to the dining room and have breakfast.

     "You sure are late for breakfast," Satan said as I opened the door to the dining room. "Beel ate all of the food already."

     "Yeah," Beel popped up fro behind Satan. He seems to be chewing something. "Sorry."

     "Uhh..."I stammered.

     Levi tapped my shoulder. I turned to him and we smiled at each other. "I have a stash of foods inside my room. Want to share it together?"

     "Mh.. food..." Beel said, smiling.

     "Enough for you, Beel," Levi said, frowning at Beel. "You already ate your breakfast. You also ate Mammon's, Lucifer's, and Merielle's all because they are late for breakfast."

     "Aww," Beel said sadly.

     "Don't worry, Beel. You can have my custard here," Belphie said as he came over to us and handed his twin a cup of custard.

     "Where is Mammon, anyway?" Belphie asked me.

     "Do you really want to know?" Satan asked, sighing. "Because I don't care where that stupid goes."

     "LOL! Stupidmammon!" Levi said and laughed.

     "Yeah," Satan agreed and he, too, laughed. Then, he proceeded to tell me all about how Mammon ended up with that nickname: by being pulled in Dogi Maji. It is one of Levi's games.

     "And thanks to that," Satan said. "My brotherly relationship with Lucifer became better somehow."

     "Wow!" I said, fascinated with everything that I heard. "I can't believe that really happened! And that I am in it, too!"

     Just then, my stomach grumbled and everyone looked at me. I blushed with embarrassment.

     "Sorry," I muttered.

     "Hahaha! That's okay. Let's go up to my room to have you some food," Levi said.

     "And maybe we all could watch that anime from the human world that I told Levi about!" I said excitedly.

     "Can I come, too?" Asmo said happily as he skipped towards us.

     "Sure," I said with a smile.

     "I'll go get snacks and drinks from the kitchen!" Beel said and he ran off to the kitchen. Belphie followed him.

     "The twins are so sweet and adorable!" I said in my head and the rest of us went up.

     All of us headed up to Levi's room. He gave me a cup of noodles he prepared a while ago. He said that he is really looking forward to watching the anime I told him about and thought that we should have something to nibble. So, he cooked the cup of instant noodles, but forgot to prepare his own.

     "Is that even possible?" I said jokingly as I inhaled the sweet scent of the food. "But I appreciate it. Thanks."

     "So, what is the name of that anime?" Levi asked, his fingers on the keyboard of his computer to get ready typing.

     "Are you sure that all of us can watch there?" I asked. There are a lot of us here.

     "Positive," Levi said reassuringly.

     "Onajimi no kitsune to koi ni ochita megami," I said with a smile.

     "What does that mean? What language is that?" Satan asked.

     "It means" The Goddess who Fell In Love with her Fox Familiar," I said. "It is in the Japanese language, one of the many languages in the human world."

     Although, honestly, I thought he would know for some reason.

     Just as the intro of the episode one of the anime started, Beel and Belphie came in with mountains of food and beverages with them.

     "Did you guys brought everything edible out of the fridge?" I asked jokingly with a laugh.

     "Knowing Beel, he might have," Asmo said.

      "Dig in!" Beel said brightly and sat beside Belphie behind me.

      We watched the anime and everyone loved it. I just hope Mammon and Lucifer are here to watch this of course. The more the merrier. Only Mammon is somewhere around the mansion where no one can see him as of now while Lucifer is... well... I don't know, to be honest.

     "Too bad Lucifer had to miss this. This is cool!" Levi said as if he could read my mind. "He went to lord Diavolo to discuss Merielle's issue."

     "He'll be back before dinner. No worries," Asmo said.

     "Yeah. He is in charge of dinner today," Beel said as he munched on some chips. "I wonder what he'll be making. I am sure it will be delicious."

     Hours passed and we are nearly finished with the season one of the anime. I felt kinda tired of watching.

     "Where are you going, Merielle?" Belphie asked when he saw me get up.

     "I'll be back. I will just stretch my legs a little bit," I said and left the room quietly.

     I walked the halls of the House of Lamentation slowly, taking all things in. Hopefully, I will remember something.

     *sobs* *sobs*

     "H-huh? Who is that?" I asked softly. Too soft, maybe.

     *sobs* *sobs* "Someone... help me..." a voice said.

     "Who's there?" I asked, louder now.

     I still hear the sobbing, but whoever it is couldn't have heard me. So, despite the danger, I followed the sound of the sobbing whatever it is.

     I went down halls and a flight of stairs. The sound growing louder as I went closer.

     "I could hear the sobbing, but I can't see where it comes from," I said. "H-huh? What?" I said as I wiped something wet that fell at my face.

     I slowly looked up and I gasped, startled, at what I saw. There, in the high ceiling, is Mammon. His feet are tied up to the ceiling, his head hanging down. The wet substance that fell to my face is his tear.

     "Poor, Mammon," I muttered. Then, I called out to him. "Mammon!"

     "P-please... *sob* *sob* *sob*... help me..." he continued, crying. He didn't notice or heard that I am below him.

     "MAMMON! MAMMON! MAMOOOOOON!" I called out louder.

     Mammon dried his tears and looked below him. "M-Merielle?"

     "Lucifer did make it hard for you to be seen. Hard to reach, too!" I told him as I studied how he was tied up. He is tied up on a tiny chandelier.

     "P-please... help me..." Mammon sobbed.

     "I'll be right back," I told him and I ran back to Levi's room to get everyone else.

     "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Mammon cried.

     "I'll go help to get you down from there! I can't reach you!" I called out.

     I ran as fast as I could towards Levi's room. I opened the door without knocking and accidentally startled everyone else.

     "There is this thing they call knocking, dearie," Asmo said as he shook his head.

     "I found Mammon!" I told them. "He needs help." Then, I proceed to tell them where he is and how I found him.

     "It is his fault that he got punished by Lucifer. Just leave him be," Levi said and continued watching the anime and so does everyone else.

     "But he is your brother!" I reasoned. "An older brother, in fact."

     "He didn't do anything to that is so older brotherly, Merielle. That guy is a scumbag," Belphie said.

     I clenched my fists to try to compose myself, but all I could hear is Mammon's cries. He needs help and his brothers are not willing to. Is that how much they really hate him?

     I couldn't take it any longer. I stomped my foot to get everyone's attention and shouted at them. "Go and help Mammon get down from the ceiling he is tied up right now!"

     They all instantly got up and ran outside of Levi's room. I can see that they are heading towards where Mammon is. There is something weird, though. It doesn't look like they willingly did that. It is like there is some kind of invisible string that pulled them towards where Mammon is. I quickly followed them, but they are too quick. By the time that I reached the place where Mammon is, I saw that Mammon's brothers are on their demon forms. Asmodeus and Beelzebub are flying above to untie Mammon, while the rest are waiting below to catch him. It all ended successfully and Mammon thanked his brothers and me continuously. While I am happy myself that Mammon is finally on the floor again, I looked at his brothers with fear. Each and every one of them are glaring at me furiously. It looks like they are gonna kill me any moment now. What did I do? Are they mad because I was rude?

     "I can't believe you just ordered us like that," Satan told me. "Just who do you think you are?!"

     "I thought you are my friend. A friend would never do that!" Levi said angrily.

     "I made a pact with you because I thought you are not the type of person that would order me around. Turns out I was wrong," Belphegor said, hurt and angry.

     "Wh-what? What are you all talking about?" I asked. I feel hurt myself. Whatever I did, I have no idea, but they do, and they are mad at me for it.

     "Now, now. Don't get all negative. I am okay now!" Mammon said, trying to calm his brothers down.

     "This is not about you, Mammon!" Satan said, all in a rage. I could see that black flames or smoke are enveloping him right now. "Now, get ready, Merielle. I will crush you to pieces and feed you to the lower-level demons!"

      I'm scared. Is there anything more intense than the word scared? Because that might be it. I ran towards my room and the last thing I saw is everyone charging towards me except for Mammon who is also in his demon form right now, trying as hard as he could to stop his brothers from attacking me.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The anime that Merielle and the demon boys watched exists for real. I just changed the title. The real title is Kamisama Hajimemashita or Kamisama Kiss. The picture above is what it looks like. Feel free to watch it on Netflix or YouTube. It is a RomCom anime. Credits to the real owner of te picture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359 5 21
After Kassie returned from her one year exchange program in the Devildom, her older sister Aerith had also returned from Japan. Kassie was overjoyed...
256 17 17
Two friends found themselves in a abnormal situation and now had to deal with it as some unexpected past slowly started to been revealed... (SOME MED...
9.3K 419 58
Book #1 of Obey Me! Crusade Series. Peace is just temporary... Chaos is eternal... He is capable to see the past and future vision. What lies behind...
112K 5.5K 91
The faeries and demons have been enemies for centuries. The faeries were hunted for their blood by the demons. The demons were kept as prisoners or e...