Trying Not To Love (COMPLETED)

By Books_and_nerds

I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I... More

Introduction ✅
Disclaimer ✅
Characters ✅
Chapter 1 ✅
Chapter 2 ✅
Chapter 3 ✅
Chapter 4 ✅
Chapter 5 ✅
Chapter 6 ✅
Chapter 7 ✅
Chapter 8 ✅
Chapter 9 ✅
Chapter 10 ✅
Chapter 11 ✅
Chapter 12 ✅
Chapter 13 ✅
Chapter 14 ✅
Chapter 15 ✅
Chapter 16 ✅
Chapter 17 ✅
Chapter 18 ✅
Chapter 19 ✅
Chapter 20 ✅
Chapter 21 ✅
Chapter 22 ✅
Chapter 24 ✅
Chapter 25 ✅
Chapter 26 ✅
Chapter 27 ✅
Chapter 28 ✅
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 23 ✅

107 25 0
By Books_and_nerds

Chapter Twenty Three- Hurt like hell

The credits rolled of our second movie and Tabby yawned loudly. I moved my neck around to make sure it wasn't stiff or anything. Sitting on the couch for more than three hours do that to you.

I draped an arm around her. "It's late you should get some sleep. It's a school night."

Sh sheepishly smiled and pouted, "Can I pretty please take a leave tomorrow?"

"No!" Her shoulders sagged but then she lightened up.

"Will you go shopping with me this week?"

I smiled and nodded. That got her up and running for her room.

Easton had went outside after he'd gotten a call which had put a dark shadow on his face.

I took a deep breath and moved the muscles in my back by rolling my shoulders and accidentally hurt the muscle which hurt on my back. I still had to apply ointment to it. Maybe I can go and ask Tabby to do that.

I straightened up, stretching my back and damn, did it hurt?!

I tried to reach that spot on my back to touch and feel to know how bad it had hurt, if it was serious or just something which would heal in couple of days. But it was just an inch or two up from my my bra strap and I almost cried out in pain when my finger touched the spot.

Exhaling in a deep breath through my mouth, I jerked back when I heard his voice, "What's wrong? Did he hurt you earlier?"

He didn't even give me a chance to explain when he rushed to my side and stared at my back as if my t-shirt was a see-through and he could see inside.

I bit the inside of my cheek when his finger touched my lower back. His eyes locked with mine while he trailed his fingers around-- probably in search of the very spot.

And he did.

I jerked back, looking around. "I...I" What was I supposed to say.

He leaned forward and grabbed my hand. Without giving me a chance he strolled upstairs with me on his heels. Opening the door to his room, he ushered me in and shut it.

I looked around, amazed and surprised at how clean his room was since my last visit. Which was weeks ago when I had barged in to bandage him.

Ironic! Wasn't it?

This time I was here, wounded.

He let go of my hand and walked into his walk-in-closet. He threw out couple of things, scattering them on the floor until he found what he was looking for. Boys!

"Here," His eyes danced around my face, pain itched in his dark features. My heart was officially giving up on me, leaving me breathless when I grabbed the shirt he just handed to me.

I knitted my brows together and he gestured towards the bathroom. "You can change there. That way you won't have to take your t-shirt."

I was still unsure of this, of me wearing one of his shirts.

But, I knew with that stare of his that he wasn't giving me a choice.

I licked my lip, capturing it in my mouth as I pondered over it. Couldn't I just for once, let my heart have a little of this? Just a little?

I walked in his bathroom. Took off my t-shirt and gazed in the wide mirror attached to the wall. I gasped at the red and purple ball forming on my back. When I dropped one of the straps of my bra off my shoulder, I sighed. It was digging in the bruise, making it worse.

I didn't take my bra off but only pulled the straps down. Then I wore his blueish-grey button down t-shirt.

Walking back in the room, I watched him put the medical kit on the bed.

I didn't know what to do! Stand? Sit?

He glanced back and his eyes hugged my body like a warm blanket. Good, because I was getting cold anyway.

I liked the way he stared at me, examined me. Slow and careful as if memorizing me.

I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said.

Shit!

I placed a hand on my now tomato face and muttered, "Get your head out of the gutter! You know what I meant."

He laughed, his voice sounded hoarse and deep even when he's laughing. 

I peeked at him from the gap I made between my fingers.

He was close. So close. He grabbed my hand and took me to bed.

Damn! It did sound sexy.

His shirt was loose. Too large for me, and it hung on me like cloth on a hanger.

He sat on the bed, criss crossed and pulled me with him.

My back to him, I pulled my legs underneath me so I could be a little taller.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I unbuttoned first two of the buttons while his fingers grazed my neck and he guided all my hair over my left shoulder.

Trembles ran down my spine and my stomach somersaulted.

If he said anything I wouldn't be able to hear because my freaking heart was having an attack.

His fingers held the side of the collars and pulled down. The shirt skidded back, falling off my shoulder and probably giving him more than necessary access he needed.

I heard him suck in a breath and his front felt so close to mine, even though I knew there was some distance.

His finger ran along the outskirts of the bruise. "Fucking bastard! I should have killed him." And my skin went on fire. Goosebumps erupted all over me and I couldn't breathe.

Iciness of the medicine hit me, making me suck in some much needed air for my poor scorching lungs. I felt his touch everywhere in me all at once. Bringing alive the kind of desire I didn't even know I had in me. I clutched my hands in anticipation and shifted in my position.

When he blew on the bruise, I arched my back, biting my lip from moaning out loud.

I was absolutely going to die now. My breathing became uneven and his hand touched the other side, brushing along my skin.

The front buttons of the shirt were tugging at my throat and felt like they were choking me. But, it wasn't their fault.

He slipped his hand up and up resting on the curve of my shoulder. I squeezed my legs together, heat pooling in me.

His lips touched just above where it was hurting and then slowly trailed up, his other hand exploring my back.

"Easton..." I moaned, balling my hand, digging my nails into my palms.

"Fuck!" He growled and trailed feather like kisses all the way up to my neck.

In that moment I only needed him like I needed air to breath for my starving lungs.

His arm came around my stomach, pulling me against him when he kissed my bare shoulder with the most beautiful sensations I had never thought existed outside those books and movies. When his tongue touched my skin, I whimpered from the heat pooling in my core, and with the ache increasing between my thighs.

I arched my back, leaning into him and resting my head against his shoulder, giving him the access to more of me.

A beautiful heart-warming noise left his throat and he brushed his lips along my collar bone...

"Easton. . ." I moaned again, out loud when he nibbled at my skin.

I wanted him and I wanted all of him.

Pushing forward, I turned around my legs still underneath me and linked my arms around his neck when he kissed my jawline slowly making his way to my lips.

My eyes had been shut the whole time but, I wanted to memorize him in this moment. Opening my eyes I was surprised to see him staring at me. His eyes dark with desire and I could tell he saw the same thing in mine.

I leaned in, and then our lips were only an inch away from each other. We were breathing the same air and it felt magical.

He tilted his head but instead of his lips meeting mine, they glided to my ear.

And I already felt the knives stabbing in my chest before he said the two words which dumped the reality on my shoulder like the weight of freaking mountains. And it hurt like hell. "I can't..." His breathing was as heavy as mine.

I shut my eyes and tears streamed down my cheeks.

But, before he could see that, I wiped my eyes and my cheeks and righted his shirt on me.

His arms were still wrapped around me as if he was having a war with himself to let me go or not. He probably was.

What the fuck was I thinking?

I wanted to kick myself until I would bleed out and die!

Shame engulfed me like tight rope around my neck and I jerked away, surprising him.

I stumbled off the bed and grabbed my t-shirt before running out the door and barging into my room.

Slamming my door shut, I crawled to the floor and let the tears fall like newly discovered waterfall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
802K 32.2K 61
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...
1.5M 35.1K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
55.5K 1.9K 45
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...