The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 26

85 7 0
By escapedrealities

My head hurts.

Not I-am-gonna-die-from-this-pain kind of hurt.

More like, I-am-gonna-keep-sleeping-for-the-rest-of-the-day kind of hurt.

I opened my eyes with a great effort, and look beside me.

I remember Harry sleeping next to me last night, but he wasn't here now. Maybe he went in his room after I fell asleep. It must've become awkward for him.

It took me a while to recall last night's events, and I also remember having a nightmare late at night, I have no idea what time it was. I only remember living that awful day again and then suddenly waking up with Harry's arms wrapped around me and his soft words calming me down.

I got up and felt the pain increase two fold.

I looked around to see my phone on charging, again.

Harry is a thoughtful person in a whole another level, to be honest.

I picked it up to a lot of missed calls and texts. From Nichole, Andrea, Zayn, Louis and one from Harry.

He must've called last night when he reached.

I needed to use the washroom but my body didn't want to get up yet.

So after a lot of internal arguments and not wanting to harm my bladder, I got up.

When I opened the door and walked back to my bed, I saw a tray filled with a PB&J sandwich and coffee mug.

I smiled to myself, knowing it was Harry's work and sat on my bed, picking up the mug.

"How are you feeling now?" Harrys raspy voice made me look up as he entered the room.

"Medium," I answered honestly and took a sip of coffee, already feeling good from it's smell.

"Take this after you finish eating." He handed me a painkiller and sat beside me.

"Thank you," I said, for the breakfast, as well as the sandwich.

He just smiled.

I noticed how he looked a little upset and uncomfortable.

"Harry I wanted to -" I started but was cut off by my phone vibrating on the night stand.

"Just a minute," I say to Harry and pick the phone up.

It was Andrea.

"Oh thank god, how are you Violet ?" Andrea loudly sighed and asked, she had a hint of panick in her voice.

"I am fine, I just felt uneasy and went home earlier last night." I answered, the lie comfortably rolling off my mouth.

"Why the fuck are you lying?" Nichole's voice asked in the background. She sounded irritated for some reason.

"What?"

Oh shit, did they see me ?

"There are CCTV cameras in Louis' farmhouse, sweety. We saw what happened." Andrea answered calmly.

You gotta be kidding me.

They must have seen me talk in air when Harry had came.
Thank god Harry didn't fight, they surely would have got terrified of me then, for having superpowers sort of shit.

"Dude that punch was out of this world!" Nichole's voice came closer now, sounding impressed rather than irritated.

"Umm.. thanks."

"And how did you jump from the window ? It must've hurt like a bitch." Nichole further asked.

Oh shit.
What do I say to this ?

I glanced up at Harry who was calmly looking at the ground, moving his legs up and down.
Why was he acting so weird.

I didn't say anything stupid in my sleep, did I ?

"Come on Nichole, give her rest."

Andrea, you angel, thank you so much !

"Okay take care, we'll call you later." Andrea said before Nichole could even protest.

"Okay, bye."

I put the phone aside and take a piece of sandwich in my hand.

I don't know what to say to Harry. One part of me is shitting my pants right now because there is a possibility that I said something inappropriate last night.
And another part of me is thinking that Harry might be feeling uncomfortable around me because we had quite an intense moment last night. One in the bathroom, and one in the middle of the night.

"Harry, are you upset for some reason ?" I ask him, going against my gut feelings which screamed at me to not ask.

Do I really want to know the answer ?

No, definitely not.

"No, I am just a bit shook by last night's events. And also a bit tired." He says, as if proving his point, a loud yawn made it's way to him.

"I am going to take a nap upstairs. Call me if you need my help." He didn't even wait for my response and just walked out.

He even pushed the button from his room and made the stairs disappear in the wall again.

I almost went behind him but my phone vibrated again.

Oh god, who is it now ?

Zayn.

"Hey Violet, are you alright?" His soft voice asked.

"Yeah, I am fine."

"I am so so sorry I wasn't there to help you. I had no idea all of this was happening." He started apologising.

That thought had crossed my mind, if I am honest. I don't know where all of them were and when they realised that I was absent. It would have been helpful if any of them were around, not that I am holding a grudge or something.

"It's okay Zayn, I handled it myself. Don't feel guilty." I said, genuinely meaning it.

"Yeah, we saw the footage. You handled it quite bravely. But it still makes me feel so useless.."

I didn't know what to say, so I just hummed in affirmation.

"Hey, Can you come with us to a movie and dinner later? It would make me feel a lot less guilty." He said calmly, as if it was already decided.

"Who do you mean by us ?"

"Me, Louis, Liam, Nichole and Andrea. And hopefully, you."

"Umm.. I don't know Zayn, I have a lot homework to finish and.. you guys go, I'll join you some other time."

"Come on, Violet. It's on me, please come. I would feel a lot more better." Zayn was firm to make sure I went.

And it won't hurt to spend the evening out, right ? Its not like a party. So we'll be home early. And also, I haven't gone to watch a movie since ages.

"Okay, I'll come. Now stop feeling bad, Zayn." I agreed, smiling at my own statement.

"Thank you ! Okay, I'll pick you up at 5, then all our friends will meet us at the Cinema itself."

Now that's going to get awkward.

"Oh.. okay,"

For the sake of not making it awkward already, I agreed.

After talking with Zayn, I put my phone aside and go to Harry's room.

I know he clearly wants to be left alone, but I don't want to look at his upset face anymore, I want the usual goofy and cheeky Harry.

He was reading a book while lying on his bed when I climbed up to his room.

He must've heard me, so he didn't seem surprised to see me. He just looked up, smiled and went back to reading quietly.

He was reading my copy of The Fault in Our Stars, which is strange because I have always seen him reading ancient books.

That day when Harry had showed me his room, I had kept all my books in his huge wall bookshelf as well. He had emptied an entire shelf for me.
But he had said that the true authenticity of literature has disappeared over the decades, so he didn't like this generations' books. And he always prefers reading the old and ancient literature.

"Hey," I said to fill up the silence and walk to the bookshelf, randomly scanning the titles.

I had yet not covered all the books in here, and I was really desperate to atleast know all the titles of Harry's collection.

"Hi, you need something ?"

Harry had not intended on sounding rude but that statement felt quite harsh.

"Umm.. no, I came here to ask you something." I say casually going to sit on the side of his bed.

"Okay,"

Now I had his undivided attention, so I took a breathe and started.

"My friends and I are going to watch a movie in the evening, and then we'll have dinner together. So I was thinking if you'd like to come.."

I was sure of myself when I had started, but as I reached the end. He wouldn't take it offensively, right ?

"I think you'll like a day out, and we'll figure something out.." I add, trying to make it feel less offensive.

"Violet, I really appreciate your effort but I don't think I should come. All of your friends must be feeling guilty about last night and it would be great if you go and have your undivided attention on them." He said in a calm, unhurried tone.

So he didn't take offense of my offer.

"You sure ? Because I really don't mind if you want to come." I try again, trying to not sound desperate.

"No Violet, thank you so much for asking but I don't think I should. You go, have fun." He smiled.

"Okay, then I promise to spend the whole sunday with you. And tonight's dinner is on me." I say, feeling guilty about all this.

"Hey, you don't have to make it up to me. Don't feel guilty."

"No, I am not doing it out of guilt, Harry. I want to." I say, leaning closer and putting my hand over his.

For a while, he kept looking at me with an unreadable expression, and then, a smile appeared on his face. But even that smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

It's okay, I'll make him smile for a long time tomorrow. I'll make it all up to him.

______________________________________

I don't like this silent and awkward Harry. 😢

But he'll go away soon, and the usual Harry will be back in no time 😊.

Anyways, what do you think of this chapter? Do tell me in the comments and don't forget to give it a vote !

Sincerely,
Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 37.9K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
597K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
43.9M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...