Stay With Me [Completed] (Des...

By Whatever81

Authors Note: This is book is part of a series but is not a sequel to my other book "Help Me Pick Up the Piec... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46.5
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 41

3.3K 155 57
By Whatever81

Chapter 41

I'm sitting in Allison's living room on her couch as she shows me pictures from her latest trip. She just got back from spending a month in Thailand.

"These are really amazing," I say as I scroll through the pictures on her laptop. "I especially like this one with the giant Buddhist statue."

"Which one?" she asks and I turn the laptop around on the coffee table for her to see which photo I'm talking about. "Oh yeah. That's one of my favorites. I took that at a temple in Sukhothai."

"It's incredibly beautiful. I've always been so jealous that you get to travel around and have all these amazing adventures," I say and she shrugs.

"Yeah, it's been an amazing experience. But lately I have been tiring of it. The traveling is fun and all but I don't really get a chance to do anything. I'm mostly just told where to go and what pictures to take. And the majority of what I'm taking pictures of is food and everything else are things that have already been captured a million other times by other photographers or just regular tourists. It really kills my creativity," she complains as she leans further back on the couch. "Not to mention this time around I mostly got stuck in cheap hotels and hostels. I can't tell you how much I missed sleeping in my own fucking bed. I literally almost cried when I got home because I missed it so much. I'm getting too old for this I think," she says and I try not to laugh.

"I'm sorry. That sounds rough," I say and she sighs as she waves me off.

"Okay, no more about me. What have you been up to?" she asks and I shrug.

"Mostly the usual. I have been busy with school and grading. I have also been spending the majority of my free-time with Parker and Raegan," I say and she gives me a confused look.

"I'm sorry, you have been spending time with them both, like at the same time?" she asks skeptically.

"Not all the time, just sometimes. Raegan isn't working as much right now so she has been coming home earlier. And I have been over at their place a lot more since... well, since my sister kind of caught Parker and I together," I say and she looks at me with her eyes wide.

"When you say caught you together, what are we talking about?" she asks carefully.

"She caught us having sex. There was absolutely no denying what was going on," I say and she makes a face.

"Fuck," she says and I nod. "How did she take it?"

"Not well at all," I say and she frowns.

I really don't think Allison is too surprised that my sister wouldn't take it well. Not simply because of the nature of what happened but simply because my sister has disapproved of most of my life choices.

"She didn't kick you out though, right? So it mustn't be too bad," she says and I shake my head.

"It's bad. She is incredibly upset with me, but I think she mostly blames Parker, which is totally unfair. She was talking like Parker was the villain in all this and that she corrupted me or something, which is just ridiculous," I say and she makes a face. "What?" I ask and she quickly shakes her head.

"Nothing," she says and I eye her carefully.

"Just say it," I say and she quietly looks at me for a second.

"It's just, I kind of agree with your sister," she says and I look at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean you agree with her?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I mean, I still don't think Parker is good for you. I wouldn't say she corrupted you, but what she is making you do is selfish," she says and I frown.

"She hasn't made me do anything. I have told you so many times that I'm doing this because I want to," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Nobody wants to share their girlfriend with another woman. Come on Jenny, can't you see how she is manipulating and taking advantage of you?" she asks and I feel my temper start to flare a little.

"You have literally never given her a chance. You don't listen to me when I tell you how incredibly happy she has made me. I love her and if you were really my friend you would want me to be happy," I say and she frowns.

"Of course I want you to be happy, Jenny. I want it more than anything, but I just don't see this working out. Maybe you are happy now, but you know better than anyone how quickly things can change. You were happy with Rose for a year before..."

"Stop right there!" I interrupt. "Parker is absolutely nothing like Rose," I say and she gives me a doubtful look.

"Isn't she? She has manipulated you into giving her exactly what she wants and has you thinking it's somehow okay for her to treat you like this," she says with concern.

I shake my head and laugh in disbelief. "I get that you think you are looking out for me, but I need you to stop. You don't know Parker at all and you clearly refuse to give her a chance. It's clear you have already made your mind up about this and it's not going to change no matter what I tell you, so I think I'm done here," I say as I stand up to leave.

"Jenny, please don't go," she calls after me as I start to walk away. I don't turn around, I just keep on walking out the door.

Allison literally has never given Parker a chance. She had her mind made up about her from day one. I know her intentions in her mind were good and she only wants to protect me, but I don't need protection from Parker.

I make my way down the hall and turn the corner to see Raegan as she is walking off the elevator.

"Hey," I say as I get closer to her and she looks up and gives me a small smile.

"Hey. Were you just coming in or leaving?" she asks as she gestures to her apartment door.

"Leaving. I was just at my friend's down the hall," I say and a disappointed look crosses her face.

"So does that mean Parker isn't here?" she asks and I shake my head.

"No, she isn't. She is hanging out with Brayden tonight," I say and her face drops.

"Ugh. Are you serious?" she asks and I shrug. "Fuck. I'm starving and was really hoping she would be cooking something good for dinner," she says exhaustedly and I look at her with a raised brow.

"Do you not know how to cook for yourself?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Well, yeah, of course I do. But I don't really want to and I think we could both agree that Parker is a lot better at it," she says and I laugh a little.

"True. She is an amazing cook. I guess you are stuck with leftovers it seems."

"Ugh..." she groans before her face suddenly lights up like she just had a brilliant idea. "Actually..." she says as she looks at me for a second. "How would you like to go grab dinner with me?" she asks and I look at her skeptically.

"You want to go out to dinner? Together?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah. I hate eating alone. And of course, It's my treat," she says and I look at her for a second.

Raegan and I have been getting along better but I honestly don't think we have reached a point where we can really hang out without Parker around to break things up when they start to get a little heated between us. I don't think we are at a point any longer where an argument between us could end in blood spilt, but that doesn't mean things couldn't potentially be bad.

"I don't know," I say hesitantly and she looks at me with a raised brow.

"What else do you have to do? Besides, are you really going to turn down a free meal with a beautiful woman?" she asks and I scoff.

"You know what, fine. I will let you buy me dinner. But just for the record, I'm only saying yes because I get a free meal out of it and not because I think you are beautiful," I say and she laughs.

"Whatever you say, babe," she says and I glare at her a little, which just makes her laugh again as she shakes her head. "Come inside for a minute so I can get cleaned up and changed before we go," she says as she goes to unlock the apartment door.

"Okay," I say as I follow her into the apartment.

"Do you care where we eat?" she asks as she closes the door behind us.

"No. I'm not picky. Whatever you want is fine with me," I say and she nods before walking back towards her and Parker's bedroom so she can change.

I wait in the living room for Raegan to finish getting ready. Once she comes back out we leave the apartment and get on the elevator to go down to the parking level. 

"I assume you are okay with my driving?" she asks and I nod my head as we both step off the elevator.

"Fine with me. I don't really care who drives," I say and she shrugs.

"I figured you wouldn't," she says as she directs me towards her car. Her very expensive looking car. "But I always ask because some people do care, like Parker for example," she says and I give her a curious look.

"Why would Parker care?" I ask as I get into the passenger seat of her car and she looks at me with a raised brow as she slides into the driver side.

"Are you serious?" she asks and I look back at her in confusion. "Sorry. I figured you knew at this point," she says making me even more confused.

"Knew what?"

"That Parker hates letting other people drive, even taxi drivers and chauffeurs unless it's a short distance or she has someone with her in the backseat. She prefers to be in complete control of the car or else she can get pretty anxious. I think you can guess why," she explains.

"Really? Because I drove her home once and she never said anything? She actually seemed fine the entire time," I say and Raegan seems surprised.

"Interesting. She obviously must trust you then. I'm really the only other person she lets drive," she says as she starts up the car and begins to back out of her parking space.

Parker never said anything to me about not liking other people to drive. The one time I did drive her, she seemed totally fine so I guess that means that she must trust me. I can completely understand why letting other people drive might make her anxious seeing as she was in that horrible accident as a child.

It doesn't take long for us to get to the restaurant. I didn't ask Raegan where we were going but as we got out of the car and she handed the keys to the valet I realized that maybe I should have.

"This place seems rather nice. Are you sure they will even let us in? I'm wearing jeans and they aren't usually considered fine dining attire," I say and she laughs.

"Relax. You look more than fine," she says with a smirk as she slowly looks me over and I roll my eyes, causing her to laugh lightly. "I come here with Parker all the time and as you may know, she wears nothing but jeans," she says and I laugh a little as we approach the hostess.

"Do you have a reservation?" the woman standing at the podium asks.

"Yes. I called in just a bit ago for a reservation for two. It should be under Rossi," Raegan says and the hostess nods as she locates the reservation and calls a waiter over. I just realized that I had no idea what Raegan's last name was until right now. "Its such a nice night, is it possible for us to get a table on the patio? Assuming that's okay with you?" she asks as she turns towards me.

"That's fine," I say and the waiter nods and takes us to our table.

It actually really is a nice night. The weather is really starting to warm up. The waiter takes us to the patio and I see that no one else is seated out here despite the warmer weather. The patio overlooks a plaza that is centered between all the other shops and restaurants and even that seems fairly empty except for a few people who are just walking through. It's probably quiet because it's a weeknight. Usually on the weekend there's still tons of people still up and walking around. I have to say I really like it when it's quiet like this, it's perfect for a date.

When we are seated at our table the waiter hands us our menus and takes our drink orders before walking off. "So you and Parker come here a lot?" I ask Raegan curiously.

"Whenever we get an actual chance to go out, yes. It's some of the best Italian food I have ever had," she says and I nod my head.

If there is anything I'm jealous about Parker and Raegan's relationship it's that they can go out together on dates. Obviously they have to be careful in public because Parker still isn't eighteen yet, but they can be out in public together. That's not something I can't do with Parker. I clearly can't be seen out having dinner with her because I'm her teacher, while Raegan can do so freely.

Raegan and I engage in a little awkward small talk until the waiter comes back over with our drinks and takes our order. I order a simple pasta dish that's not too expensive. After writing my order down the waiter turns to Raegan she orders something obviously much more extravagant sounding, but I could not tell you what because she gives the waiter her order in what sounds to me like perfect Italian.

"Your Italian is very good," I say to her once the waiter has left.

"Thanks. It's actually my first language," she says and I look back at her in surprise. "My parents are actually immigrants from Italy and they didn't know much English when they arrived so I grew up speaking Italian," she explains.

"I didn't know that," I say and she smiles at me politely. We have spent so much time together recently but I'm just now realizing that we know very little about each other. "So are you really fluent in six languages?" I ask curiously and she laughs a little.

"More or less," she says and I look at her skeptically.

"What does that mean?" I ask and she shrugs.

"It depends on what level of proficiency you are talking about. I'm completely proficient in English, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Cantonese and Mandarin, as well as Spanish. In those languages I have about the same level of proficiency as any native speaker," she says and I look back at her in amazement. "Fluency, however, is often defined as intermediate proficiency. At an intermediate level you should be able to, at the very least, hold a conversation with little to no trouble. So if that's what you consider fluency then you can add six more languages to the total," she says before she takes a sip of her wine.

I just silently stare back at her in disbelief for a second. "Are you kidding me?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Why would I?"

"So you can speak, what, thirteen languages?" I ask and she laughs a little.

"No. I'm relatively fluent in thirteen languages. If you are asking me how many languages I can speak then that number would be even higher. I have a beginner to elementary level grasp on at least three other languages. So based on that definition the total would actually be sixteen... or seventeen if you count sign language," she says and I stare back at her in shock.

"So you are fluent in thirteen languages but can speak seventeen?" I ask, still having a hard time believing it and she nods.

"More or less, yes."

"Parker said you were only fluent in six languages and that's including English," I say and she chuckles.

That is exactly what Parker told me and I highly doubt she would have lied to me about something like this but the math very clearly does not add up, literally.

"Parker thinks of fluency as the highest level of proficiency where I have the same level of fluency as a native speaker. She also always considers Mandarin and Cantonese to be the same language, Chinese. Which it kind of is the same in many ways, though there are quite a few notable differences. So, according to Parker, I'm only fluent in six languages, including English," she explains and I shake my head in disbelief.

"How in the world did you learn so many languages?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"It's honestly not as hard as you would think," she says and I look at her skeptically.

"I would think it's pretty damn hard. Next to impossible for the majority of people," I say and she shrugs.

"Well, to learn as many as I have, it definitely helps to be good with languages and to have a decent memory. But really, once you learn one language, the easier it becomes. Italian was my first language because as I already told you my parents were immigrants. I then learned English not long after. I picked up Korean because I grew up in Koreatown in New York where my family also had a market so the language was always being spoken around me. I studied Japanese and Chinese in school. As for the other languages, I just studied on my own," she says with a small shrug. "It really isn't as hard or as much work as it sounds. Many of the languages I know are similar in structure and share many of the same words or have similar vocabularies. So the more you know the easier it becomes. For example, knowing Italian made learning Spanish and French easier. And as Parker could tell you, knowing Korean makes learning Japanese  a little easier," she tries to explain.

"It honestly still sounds like a lot of work. How are you able to do it when you work so much?" I ask and she shrugs.

"It's honestly not that much work if you break it up over a long period of time. I study about an hour a day, mostly just listening to audio recordings during my commute," she says and I nod.

"How hard is it to learn Korean?" I ask curiously.

"Depends on your level of dedication I suppose. For the most part it's fairly easy to learn, I believe. But it can seem daunting, especially at first. You can learn to read it in a day. Vocabulary is fairly easy if you just practice," she says before taking another sip of her wine. "What I have noticed to be the hardest part for English speakers is the sentence structure. The word order is reversed. In English, the order is subject, verb, object. Whereas in Korean its subject, object, verb. However, once you learn sentence structure it's mostly just dependent on how much time you put into studying," she says and I nod my head.

"So for an average person who has never tried learning another language, it's still easy to learn?"

"It can be if you put in the time. Why, are you interested in learning it?" she asks with a raised brow and I shrug my shoulders a little.

"I have thought about it," I say and she nods just as the waiter brings our food over. I sit back as the waiter places our food on the table. I thank him as he leaves before turning back towards Raegan.

"Well, I'm sure if you asked, Parker would be more than happy to teach you," she says encouragingly before taking a bite of her food.

"I was actually thinking about learning it for her, as a surprise," I say with a shrug before starting to eat my food and she laughs a little. "What?" I ask after swallowing.

"Nothing. That's just kind of sweet. If you want I could try and find a few good books to help you," she offers and I look at her with a little surprise.

"You would actually do that?" I ask and she shrugs as she smiles at me.

"Well, you are doing it for Parker. Though, you know she doesn't care if you speak Korean or not right?" she asks and I nod my head slightly.

"I know, I just thought it would be nice to learn it and maybe understand that side of her a little bit more," I say and she smiles at me before she goes back to eating her food.

We mostly eat in silence though surprisingly it's not awkward. Usually the silences between us are. After we had sex the other night I expected things to be kind of awkward between us but it honestly hasn't at all. If anything I think it made us a lot more comfortable around each other.

"Jenny?" I hear someone suddenly ask. "Jenny is that you?"

I look up from my food and at the person calling my name and I almost choke when I see who it is. "Lauren? What are you doing here?" I ask the dark haired woman standing next to our table.

"Well I came here to eat obviously. I'm actually here with my wife, she went to go get the car while I went to the restroom. I was just about to leave when I thought I saw you out here," she says and I smile back at her.

"So you got married?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"Three years now and going strong," she says happily.

"That's great. I'm really happy for you," I say and she smiles at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your date. I just saw you and had to say hi. I had no idea you were back in town," she says and I quickly shake my head.

"Oh, no. This is not a date. Raegan is just... a friend," I say as I look towards Raegan who silently laughs. "Raegan, this is Lauren. She and I used to date a long time ago back in high school," I introduce them as they shake hands.

"It's nice to meet you," Raegan says with a bit of a forced smile and Lauren smiles back at her politely.

"It's nice to meet you. And don't listen to her," Lauren says as she nods to me. "She makes it sound like it's been fifty years or something since we were in high school together when it really wasn't that long ago," she says with a small laugh but Raegan does really look amused. Lauren turns to look at me. "You sure this isn't a date because she is looking a bit... territorial..." she says with a small awkward laugh and I look at Raegan with a raised brow.

"Is that true? Are you jealous?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Relax. I'm merely serving as a proxy," she says and I can't help but laugh.

"Seriously? Did she delegate that job to you?" I ask curiously and she shakes her head. I laugh again before turning to Lauren. "This really isn't a date. I already have a girlfriend," I tell her and she nods.

"Right. Well, I shouldn't keep the wife waiting," she says as she continues looking at me rather than Raegan who does seem a little jealous. "Jenny, it was so nice seeing you again. We should totally do lunch or something," she offers and I smile at her.

"Of course," I say politely.

"Awesome, I will hit you up on Facebook or something. You are on Facebook right?" she asks and I nod even though I haven't used it in like four years. "Awesome. It was really nice meeting you, Raegan," she says and Raegan politely smiles at her.

"You as well," Raegan says and Lauren smiles back and says goodbye before turning to leave.

I wait until she is completely out of sight before turning back to look at Raegan. "I'm so sorry about that," I say and Raegan waves it off.

"It's fine. Though, I couldn't help but notice you introduced me as your friend. Are we friends now?" she asks with amusement before taking a drink of her water.

"What else was I supposed to introduce you as? My girlfriend's girlfriend?" I ask and she laughs a little.

"Sure, why not? Are you embarrassed or something?" she asks and I quickly shake my head.

"No, of course not. I just didn't want her asking a million questions and staying longer than she did," I say and she nods.

"Alright. So that was really your ex, huh?" she asks with amusement and I shrug.

"She's one of them," I say and she nods.

"She is pretty good looking. I mean Parker is definitely better though so you clearly won out," she says and I laugh a little. "So when you say 'one of,' exactly how many ex girlfriends are we talking?" she asks curiously and I shrug.

"A few."

"Ballpark?" she asks and I shrug again.

"I'll just say it's most likely more than you," I say and she looks at me curiously.

"If you count the men I have been with that's a fairly large ballpark," she says and I look at her with a raised brow.

"Wait, are we talking actual relationships or just general sex partners? Because I was thinking just relationships," I say and she laughs.

"Oh, if we are talking actual relationships, like ones that lasted more than a month, you will win by far. I have only been in like three serious relationships, only one of which I really count and that's Parker," she says with a small smile. "All the others were men and ever since I came to realize I prefer women in every single way imaginable, it became kind of obvious I wasn't ever really serious about any of them... though, they did seem pretty serious at the time, at least in a real world consequences kind of way," she says with a shrug of her shoulders and I look at her curiously.

"How serious exactly?"

"Very," she says simply.

"You don't have to, but would you care to elaborate?" I ask and she runs her hand through her hair as she thinks.

"Well, you know my last relationship was with Parker's brother Sung," she says and I nod my head. "What I'm assuming you don't know is that at one point we were kind of... well, engaged..." she says and I look at her with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask in shock.

"He proposed a few nights before the first time Parker kissed me. She had absolutely no idea at the time as we hadn't told anyone, not even her," she quickly explains. "Honestly, I think that's why I freaked out so much when she kissed me that night. It was partially because I was confused about my sexuality but mostly because I felt so fucking guilty about doing it let alone liking it," she says a little regretfully.

"Geez. I'm assuming Parker knows now, that you were engaged to her brother?" I ask and she nods.

"Yes, she knows."

"Stop me if I'm making you uncomfortable," I say a little hesitantly. "But I'm so curious to know how it is you are able to be with Parker and how that works with him. Was he not upset that you started dating his sister? Isn't it especially awkward because he is also your boss?" I ask curiously and she shrugs.

"I honestly couldn't tell you one way or the other. You would probably understand more once you meet him, assuming that you will one day. Sung is... different," she tries to explain. "He is a good guy and everything, very respectful and nice, but he doesn't really let his emotions take over him. He is very focused and dedicated. Once he has a specific goal in mind, he does whatever he can to achieve it and he lets nothing get in the way. I honestly don't think he ever really loved me, more the idea of me. Of having a wife and family. That's what he wanted, he honestly never really cared if it was with me or not. The thing he is really passionate about is building up his father's company, everything else, unfortunately including Parker, is just an afterthought at best..." she says sadly. "So I really don't think he cared about losing me. And well, if he were to ever be upset about losing me to Parker he would first have to admit that she and I are actually together," she says with a shrug.

"What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"I mean, he literally does not acknowledge that she and I are together. You know, he actually caught us together, that's how he 'found out' about us. I mean, we were mostly just making out, but it was more than clear what he walked in on. I don't know how I was expecting him to react exactly, but I expected something, anything. But he just walked out of the room and a few days later called off our engagement, never actually acknowledging why," she says and I look at her with slight disbelief.

"He has literally never said anything about it, like at all?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Have you tried saying anything?"

"Well sure I have, but it's almost as if he doesn't hear it. Even when Parker and I moved in together more than a year ago he still said nothing. And even now that we have moved here, he still hasn't. I don't know what he has convinced himself my relationship with her is but it's very clear at this point that he won't ever really acknowledge it for what it is," she says and I frown.

"That's actually kind of sad," I say and she shrugs.

"It is what it is. I'm honestly just happy that it worked out where I get to live my life with Parker the way I want because he very easily could have stopped us," she says and I nod in understanding. "Anyways, enough about me. Let's talk about you. What was your last relationship like?" she asks curiously.

"My last relationship?" I ask a little apprehensively.

"Yeah, you know, the last person you were with before Parker," she says and I nod.

"Right..." I trail off and she gives me a questioning look.

"Do you not want to talk about it?" she asks and I nervously run a hand through my hair.

"It's just, it wasn't exactly the best relationship I ever had... It's actually the longest relationship I was ever in, but also the worst," I say hesitantly as I look back at her.

"If you really don't want to talk about it, you don't have to," she says reassuringly and I shrug.

She got pretty personal with me just now, so I feel like it's not right for me to hold back... or at least I feel like I shouldn't for some reason.

"Her name was Rose and we were together for three years. The first year was great, amazing actually... but the last two weren't. After the first year she started getting a little... abusive," I say a little quietly and Raegan's face instantly drops. "Mostly just emotionally but she did get a little too physical with me at times... She was constantly cheating on me and lying to me, and I knew she was but I never said anything," I say and Raegan frowns.

"Does Parker know about this?" she asks and I shake my head.

"I told her my last relationship was really toxic and that she had cheated on me, but I never told her the rest... I will someday, but I guess I'm just not ready yet..." I say as I run a hand through my hair. "I really don't know why I'm telling you. I guess it's easier because I don't think you would care the same way she would... And honestly, I'm still ashamed that I stayed with her for so long. I always thought I was stronger than that, that I would never be with someone who treated me like that..." I say and Raegan shakes her head.

"Hey, that's not your fault. None of it is," she says as she reaches across the table and puts her hand on my arm. "It's what people like that do, they suck you in and do whatever they can to keep you from leaving. Whether that's promising you that things will be different or just making you too afraid to leave them for fear of what may happen to you..." she says sadly. "People are always quick to judge and just say you should just leave them but that's easy to say when you aren't the one actually living it. I'm really proud of you for getting yourself out of that," she says as she squeezes my arm a little.

I'm a little weirded out by how affectionate she is being right now but I also can't help but smile.

"Thanks," I say appreciatively and she smiles at me as she moves her hand off my arm. "I actually got into another fight with my friend because of my relationship with Parker. She honestly doesn't think Parker is any different from Rose. She thinks that Parker is manipulating me and using me much like she did," I say with a frown. "I keep trying to explain to her how it's completely different with Parker. How Parker has only ever been completely honest with me from the very beginning. I guess it's like you said, you can't ever really know what it's like until you have lived it. Everything about Parker is different. She isn't controlling or possessive, she is honest, she never asks me to be anything I am not or forces me to do anything I absolutely don't want to... well, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about so there's really no need for me to explain it to you," I say and she laughs a little.

"Yeah, I do know," she says with a warm smile. "Parker is different. Obviously you now know how she feels about losing people and I guess for some knowing that would be a burden. One could take it at face value and say that it's a form of emotional manipulation, and that person could feel as though they were never allowed to leave her. But if you know Parker, like actually know her, then you would know that's not what she wants. She doesn't want to force people to stay with her. She wants people to choose to be with her, that's a major reason why this whole open relationship thing is so incredibly important to her. I know you have been fighting against it quite a bit whenever it comes up, but all she wants you to know is that you can do what you want and she isn't trying to tie you to her. She wants you to be with her because you want to and not because you don't feel like you have any other choice," she says and I smile at her.

I understand exactly what she is saying, and I'm sure she would agree with me when I say that I don't have a choice when it comes to being with Parker. Obviously, Parker is giving a choice, she isn't forcing us to be with only her or even be with her at all, period. Raegan obviously is interested in sleeping with other people, and I'm not as entirely closed off to it as I used to be, these choices of being with other people do exist for us, but the choice of whether or not to be with Parker doesn't. When it comes to being with her there is no other choice for us because we don't want there to be.

"I know," I say and she smiles back at me for a second before her eyes suddenly look behind me.

"Oh no," she sighs and I give her a weird look.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she rolls her eyes a little.

"Speak of the devil," she mutters.

I look at her in confusion for a second before I turn to see what she is looking at just in time to see Parker approach us with Brayden following close behind.

"Hello," she says as she appears next to our table. "Care to tell me what the hell is going on here?" she asks as she looks between Raegan and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

So if you read the note at the beginning of the last chapter I switched updates to Tuesday/Fridays. I'm taking stock of the rest of this book and I believe I can most likely continue with updating twice a week until the book is finished... but here's the thing, there isn't much left. I'm adding a few things to stretch it out a bit because I want to keep giving you content but I'm not going to do that forever.

Continuing to update twice a week means that the book will end sooner and I was wondering how everyone is feeling about that because I could switch back to updating just once a week and make it last a bit longer. Times are tough right now and I want to keep giving you guys things to read but as of right now, even though I have like three books I'm thinking of writing I won't have anything to post for a while.

I'm personally thinking of going back to once a week as that will give me time to work on a new book but I feel like you guys really enjoy twice a week updates so I really just want to know what you think.

I hope you all are staying safe. I'm thinking about you and I wish you all the best. Take care and I will see you on Friday with chapter 42 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.1K 27
Before summer ends for Wednesday and her sister Iraze Addams has come home from her boarding school in Mexico where she grew up a few years, although...
14.9K 335 9
Scarlet Mikaelson was the first daughter of Klaus Mikaelson. The first Tribrid. She didn't know her mother as her farther said she didn't care. But s...
1.3M 100K 41
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
32.4K 669 29
"To kiss in cars and downtown bars was all we needed. You drew stars around my scars but now I'm bleeding,"