Orb of Obscurity

By AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... More

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
16- YΕ«gen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

15- Eunoia

155 18 1
By AvyannaTremaine

*beautiful thinking*

____________________________

"Now?" I almost screamed.

"I know, I'm sorry but the other kid took a holiday out of the blue. You are the only other person who is fit to do it. You have the experience." Ji hyun said.

"Ji hyun I have a date with my boyfriend today. We are meeting after almost two freaking weeks. We both are so excited that he wouldn't bother to kidnap me away from here." I was about to cry. I was missing him so badly.

It had been 10 days since the last date and all Jimin and I did was talk on the phone and send texts. I couldn't even video call him. We were both busy throughout the week. He was writing a new song and was almost tearing his head apart. I had an equally difficult week.

And then, I was being told that I had to be in surgery that evening.

"I hate my life." I put my head on my hands, resting on the table.

"Cheer up. It could have been worse." He said.

"Don't! Don't even think of anything. Don't jinx the situation to something worse than what it already is." I said.

"Yes ma'am." He chuckled.

I had to text Jimin and tell him that I would be late. It was the weekend. I had the Sunday off. So we had planned to disappear for two days, the night of Saturday and the whole of Sunday.

As I took my phone out to text him, I saw the time. 1:00pm.

"I'm late for class! Oh no, oh no!" I started speaking frantically getting up and running around in circles.

Ji Hyun held me by my shoulders and turned me in the direction of my dorm. "Go get your books and get lost. Don't create a ruckus here." He gave me slight push.

"Thanks bro. I'll treat you to food next time." I screamed at him as I ran for my class.
________________________

I was starting to fall asleep. I always sat in the middle row of benches during classes to avoid being questioned.

How to survive in classes 101:

1) Sit in the middle row. Teachers always focus on the first and last benches.

2) You can sleep as much as you like. You only need to master one thing. The ability to sleep in whichever position you are in.
Now when you have that mastered, open a book, put a pen in your hand. Rest the side of your face on the other hand. Sleep.

3) Hungry? Take whatever you crave into class. Whenever the teacher turns around or looks at the laptop, chuck the food into your mouth and cover your face with your hand. If you're eating something like chips, keep it in mouth without chewing for a while, it'll go soft. Enjoy!

4) Wanna use your phone? Use it. Just make sure to look at the teacher from time to time.

Done!

Years of practice had made me a pro.

I sat in the class trying not to doze off. Whatever they taught in class was useless anyways. Neither the teacher nor us, understood a single word. Why did they even take classes for us? We learned everything from books anyways.

Truth be said, the only time I paid extreme attention to what was being told was when the professor goes into storytime mood. They told us stories about how they did miraculously impossible things to save the patient. And those moments when they played footage of surgeries. Now that was interesting!

I slowly pulled my phone out to text Jimin.

*Hey Chim. Just texted you to inform that I have a surgery to attend at 3. It's short and will end by 4. I am so, so sorry. See you at 4.30?*

I put the phone away and was listening to what was being said in class.
Bless the teachers who knew that class was boring and took the efforts to make the students laugh.

Mare was next to me and she looked at me bored. Ah! I had to tell her too.

I wrote in my book saying that I had a surgery and that I'd be leaving a bit late for my date. I pushed my book towards her.

She rolled her eyes after reading it. She wrote something down and pushed the book back.

It said, "Which idiot was it? They can't let a woman live in peace. Whatever, at least you get to go. Have fun and give my regards to Jimin."  She had drawn a smirking emoji next to her note.

She wouldn't ever change.

The class ended and I bade farewell to Mare who winked and signaled me to stay safe. I waved back and left.

__________________________

I rushed to the locker room and changed into a pair of jeans and a nice cotton shirt, tucking it in. I had brought my belongings from home earlier, so that we could leave directly.

I checked my phone for messages from Jimin.

*Its alright babe. I'll be there at 4.30.*

I looked at the time. 4.15. I rushed back to dorm to get my bag.

"Ooh looking good Roy! Where are you going?" Min jun whistled.

"Date. Bye. Put my things back after using." I warned him and ran out of the dorm.

I wanted to get out of there so bad. I ran towards the entrance and looked for Jimin's car. It was right where he had dropped me off last time.

I ran towards the car. Jimin was looking down at something and then he looked up to see me. His face brightened like a kid who was given candy. He stepped out of the car and caught me in his arms.

I missed him. Social media could only give you the feel of having your loved ones close by but it could never compare to actually having them near you.

I was on my tiptoes hugging him. There it was, the scent of his cologne. It put me at peace. I had missed everything about him. Being in his arms was the only thing I had wanted all week.

I pulled away and looked at him. He was wearing glasses, a cap and mask. You could hardly recognize him.

"It's a pity not being able to see your handsome face." I pouted.

"Don't pout. I want to kiss you so bad but the stupid mask has to stay on." He pulled me towards the car. "Let's go. I can take these things off once we are clear."

We got in the car and he started driving.

He had tinted windows so I rolled the windows up and turned the air conditioner on. It was still summer and I was starting to sweat.

I folded my legs and sat cross legged on the seat and put my bag in the backseat. I placed my hands on my legs and turned to look at him. He looked so cool driving a car.

(Die everybody. *Muhahahaa*)

I couldn't believe this man was mine.

"Missed me? I am not going to disappear. Look at me all you want." He chuckled.

"You have no idea how much I missed you, missed this, just us sitting together, enjoying each other's presence." I let a deep breath out.

He took his hand away from the steering and entwined it with mine. I gave his hand a squeeze and looked at the road ahead.

After we reached the countryside, Jimin took off his mask, glasses and all and we rolled down the windows to let the natural breeze in. The air hit our faces as we drove through the roads. It was so heartwarming.

I could feel my eyes drooping.
_________________________

Jimin's POV:

I was driving through the small roads of the village. Saura had fallen asleep long ago. She looked like a baby. The setting sun was casting shadows across her face making me pull down the shade to let her sleep in peace.

This was a much needed holiday for both of us. We were tired from all our work and decided to take a break together.

We were almost there. The place she wanted to visit so badly. I was happy to be the one to bring her here.

The beach.

Saura said over the phone the other day that it had been ages since she visited the beach. So I decided to take her to the beach for the break.

I could hear the roaring of the beach, the scent of the salty air.

We were finally there. I parked the car on the side and turned to wake Saura up. I didn't have the heart to wake her up though.

I leaned towards her and pecked her forehead, taking her face in both my hands. I pushed the stray strands of hair away from her face and looked at her.

"Saura? Baby we are here. Wake up."

The sun was about to set. I wanted to watch it with her.

I shook her lightly and she squirmed trying to shake my hands off and cuddled into the car seat.

I chuckled at her behavior. She behaved like a cat. I loved her so much.

Whoa. I loved her? That's the first time that thought came up in my mind. I did love her. But I was afraid to say it out loud. It wasn't been long since we started dating and I didn't want to scare her with those words. She was already scared of opening up to me.

She was so shy and distant at times that it ignited a primal feeling in me, wanting to protect her. Possessiveness and jealousy came along with it too. I was just thankful for whatever force it was, out there, for deciding to bring us together.

I shook her again. "Saura, we're here honey. Don't you want to watch the sun set?"

She nodded her head in her sleep. God, she was so cute. She opened her eyes after a while and blinked to adjust her eyes to the brightness.

I was just sitting there, looking at her wake up. It was a first for me, watching her wake up from sleep.

I stepped out of the car and picked up the mat and food that I had gotten ready for us. Basically I had packed a picnic basket. Tae and Kookie had made so much fun of me that I had to lock myself up in my room until I left.

Saura stepped out of the car and was stretching out. She was wearing just jeans and a shirt. But damn she looked so beautiful. Her hair was braided down her back. Unlike other Korean girls, she wasn't skinny.

She looked healthy. She had all the curves in the right places. She fit right in my arms.
She had broad shoulders thinning into a slim waist and perfect hips.

She was just so beautiful.

She looked at me and smiled. An angel.
I walked towards her and kissed her forehead. "Shall we go?"
She nodded and took the mat from me.
"I'll do it." I said.

"You don't have to be the man in the relationship. I have limbs and I can work too." She smirked while raising her eyebrows.

I loved how she made her point clear when she wanted to.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded and she burst out laughing.

We walked on the beach, the cold sea breeze in our hair and our feet sinking into the sand. We found a good spot and put our belongings down. There weren't many people on the beach. Saura spread the mat and I put the basket on it.

"You made a picnic basket?" She asked, looking surprised.

"I figured we would spend quite a lot of time on the beach before we go to the hotel. So I brought us food." This was awkward. I felt shy.

She walked towards me and kissed me on my lips. I had been waiting to do it for a long time. It had been almost two weeks and I missed having her in my arms.

The scent of her shampoo, the way our lips moulded together, it was enough to drive me into a frenzy.

I wrapped my arms around her pulling her closer to me. She crossed her arms around my neck. I pulled away when we ran out of breath. I rested my forehead over hers.

"I will go through the trouble of getting a basket ready anytime, if this is how you thank me each time." We both chuckled.

" I. Will . Do. It. Every. Time. Then." She kissed me after each word.

I giggled at her action. She made me so happy.

I turned her around so her back was facing me and I wrapped her in a hug from behind.

"I wanted to watch the sunset with you." I said.

"It looks lovely. It has been ages since I last came to the beach. I grew up by the sea. I have so many memories of being on the beach. So I never bothered about things like sunrise and sunset. Being with you here, now, I can feel how beautiful it is. I've been missing out on it's beauty all this time." She rested her head on my shoulder.

"We can make up for all the time you missed." I said. She stayed silent for a while.

"You always know the right things to say." She said in a soft voice. "I am falling for you Park Jimin." She turned to look at me.

Me too.

_______________________

Author's Note:

Probably how Jimin looked in Saura's eyes:

Bye, I am going to cry in a corner. Hope you like the beach date. Thanks to the person who gave the idea, my soulmate. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
130K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...
137K 7.1K 56
In a magical realm full of danger and possibilities, you were again and again put at risk of losing your life. Every time, you were saved by the same...
1.7K 511 21
[ Completed ] β€’look me in the Eyes, then tell me pretty Liesβ€’ --------------------------β™‘---------------------------- What will you do if the person...