Letters || TaeJin ✔

By jinniyakim

Seokjin is working in a restaurant owned by his best friend. Being a top student in high school and a school... More

Characters
1. Hustle
2. Favor
3. First Letter
4. Crush
5. Broken Promise
6. Unfortunate
7. Uncertain
8. Second Letter
9. Extra
10. Hide
11. Apologies
12. Third Letter
13. Another
14. Interrogation
15. Accused
16. Birthday
17. Anonymous
19. Fifth Letter
20. Missing
21. Sorry
22. Convince
23. Plans
24. Pretend
25. Scarf
26. Shoulder to cry on
27. Friendly
28. Gift
29. Two Letters
30. Expectation
31. Disappointments
32. Confused
33. Cry
34. Can You?
35. Preparation
36. Unexpected
37. Day Out
38. Unforgettable
39. Cannot Be
40. Meant to Be
41. Situations
42. Freed
43. Lucky Day
44. Notebook
45. Safety
46. Hope
47. Confession
48. First
49. Choice
50. Question
51. Self Love
52. Surprise
53. Feelings
54. Chance
55. Witnessed
56. Confrontation
57. Comfort
58. Sky
59. Good Night
60. Good Night 2
61. Good Times
62. No Place
63. Message
64. Fly
65. News
66. Surprises
67. A Love Letter
68. Love Wall
69. Together

18. Secret

8.3K 763 316
By jinniyakim

Seokjin

BUZZZ!

The sound of my alarm keeps me startled every morning. It may sound like music to my ears but still, I don't want it to be just a familiar sound that one day, it won't wake me up anymore. But it also gives me hope. The hope that one day, time will come that I can wake up late in the morning and enjoy the sunlight with nothing to worry about but if I'm going to get out of bed or continue sleeping.

I smiled. It's too early to dream of something impossible. I have newspapers to be delivered waiting for me at the publication office.

After I finished preparing Jungkook's meals for the day, I put mine inside my bag with two extra containers for the slices of cake I prepared for two of the kindest people I know. After packing the meals, I went to the shower to clean so I can go to work. My slippers will be my best friend today and it's okay. My next goal is to save money so I can buy a pair of shoes.

As I leaned down to get my slippers, I noticed a piece of paper on top of my damaged shoes. A letter from Jungkook.

Hyung,

I glued them for you. It will get you through the day. I love you.

Kookie

I looked back and saw my younger brother still in deep sleep. I wonder how long it took him before he finally glued it. But I appreciate it. Jungkook is the sweetest man I know. And I am always motivated because of him. If someday I will get married, I want someone like my younger brother. Sweet, loving, responsible and willing to fight for me.

I walk back to get a pair of socks, all my socks have holes on the toe part. Well, it's okay. I think it's cute. I happily wear the shoes he repaired for me. And now, I am ready to face the day.

My morning work went out smoothly. The sky is a bit cloudy but the rays of the sun keep on peeking from the clouds. The wind is cold, indeed, winter is here. December is my favorite month. December is my birth month, and Christmas is fast approaching. I cannot wait.

"You should wear a padded jacket. It's already cold." Hoseok scolded me as soon as I entered the restaurant.

I smiled at Hoseok quickly gave me a death stare.

"I knew it! You will reason out again that you don't have a padded jacket. Once you get sick, I will visit you and pour a bucket of cold water at you. I will bring one tomorrow."

I cling to his arm and rub my cheek on his shoulder. "Hoseokie, don't get mad at Jinnie. You know that Jungkook needs the padded jacket more. Stop being whiny because I brought a delicious cake for you."

Hoseok's eyes brightened. He loves sweets. I know his weakness and it's definitely sweets. "Okay. We're good. Just promise to wear the jacket that I will bring tomorrow, okay?"

I nod and show my promise hand.

"Jinnie!" Jimin squealed. He just arrived with a paper bag in his hand. Hoseok frowned and turned his back. He doesn't like Jimin. At all.

Jimin gave me a hug and handed me a paper bag. "I'm sorry. I forgot that it's your birthday yesterday. Belated Happy Birthday and here's my gift. It's a Burberry. I bought it last night. It's authentic so take care of it. Here."

I took a peek and I smiled. It's my first time having a signature brand. I cannot afford to buy one. Hearing that it's authentic somehow made my heart skipped a bit. I am excited to wear this.

"Thank you." I smiled widely at Jimin. He went straight to his office after giving me the gift. Though I prefer a new pair of shoes, having a signature brand scarf is a big deal for me. I guess it's not bad to think of wants instead of needs sometimes, right?

"Let's have a bottle of soju tonight?" Hoseok asked while helping me put the plates on the racks. "It's your birthday yesterday and your fifth day of being a stupid friend of Mr. Park. I think it's calling for a celebration?"

I sometimes love Hoseok being blunt. At least I have someone who is not fake to me. Someone who will tell me what's happening in the real world rather than what I am expecting the world to be.

"Okay. But I need to meet Jungkook first so I can give to him his dinner."

"Then let's buy Jungkook his dinner." Hoseok then leaned closer to me. "Stop getting food from the kitchen. Stop thinking that Mr. Park is okay with that."

"What do you mean?"

Hoseok looked at the door first to make sure no one is coming. "Jin, Mr. Park is a two-faced bitch. He's nice when he needs something. When you did something that doesn't favor his delusional love interest, he will turn into his inner unreasonable bitchy self. So better be careful in whatever you do because I'm pretty sure he's taking notes."

I don't know if I will believe that. Jimin has been a friend. He helped me get a job, he promised to buy me a bike, he gave me an extra job so I can earn more, I guess he's not really a bitch after all. I know Hoseok doesn't like him because Jimin can be bossy and insensitive at times. But he's the boss anyway, so he has the right to scold us. Though there are times when he's getting angry over small things, I guess it's only because he's a perfectionist.

***

I hold on tightly to the paper bag in my hand. I never thought that pressing a doorbell can be this stressful. If not because of the extra income and Jimin being my friend, I will back out in this extra job. Mr. Kim being a scumbag is not worth my tears and my time.

"Hello!" I jumped when the door swings open. I'm glad that Sam is the one who opened the door for me.

"Hi. You startled me." I said while holding on to my chest.

Sam chuckled. "I'm waiting for you."

"Waiting for me? Why? Did I say or do something wrong?"

Sam just laughed at my worried expression. "Please don't worry. You're not doing anything."

I let out a sigh. At least, I know I'm not in trouble. "Oh! Wait. I will also give you something."

I handed the paper bag to Sam before pulling out the container. "Cake. Someone gave me yesterday. I want to give you a slice. It's delicious."

Sam looked at me and smiled. "You're so precious. Wait for me, I'll get something. Or you come in and--"

"No no. I will wait here. I'm fine here." Stepping inside the mansion is my least favorite thing to do. Instead, I wait for Sam just in the garden area, wishing he will be fast. I already saw Mr. Kim's car in the parking area, I'm sure he's inside waiting to unleash his monster self.

At last, I saw Sam, handing me a bag. "I'm supposed to give this to you yesterday but I was out so I'm sorry it's late."

I don't know why my tears started to fall when I saw the shoes inside the bag. I badly needed one and I guess, my birthday did not end really badly.

"I saw your shoes. When you removed them that day when it was raining hard, I saw that we have the same shoe size. I'm not using that anymore but I only used that thrice. It's still new. I hope you like it."

I suddenly hugged Sam and cried on his shoulders. It feels weird. I know my days aren't going well 90% of the time but help usually comes at the right time. I just realized that life isn't always cruel to me.

"I'm sorry about that," I said as I wiped away my tears. "It's actually my birthday yesterday. I really had a bad day. Then my shoes finally gave up on my way home. My brother just glued it for me. I badly needed a pair that's why I am emotional."

Sam held my hand and smiled at me. "I'm sorry. I know life isn't always fair but you know, there's always a brighter day. Happy birthday, Jin. You will be fine. Okay?"

I nod, forcing to smile. "Thank you. And, can you do me a favor?"

Sam nods. Curious.

"It's really my boss whose sending Mr. Kim these gifts. Mr. Min, his assistant, knows me. It's a bit complicated to explain everything, but please don't tell your boss that it's my birthday yesterday because he will figure everything out. I hope the secret is safe with you."

Sam stared at me for a while. I'm now worried. I know his loyalty to his boss but I'll lose my job if Mr. Kim will figure everything out this early.

"Don't worry, Jin. Your secret is safe with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.8K 30
Choi San was hurt by the one he trusted the most. After catching his boyfriend in bed with another man, San gets drunk with his friends until he blac...
216K 8.8K 41
"hyung iam scared" taehyung. "Don't worry tae I'll return in one week promise" jin. After a week... "h-hyung why didn't you come back....you left me...
24.3K 2.5K 32
About 6 years earlier in Baltimore, Maryland, USA... Kim Seokjin had just started his cardiology fellowship program at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, w...
1.1M 48.3K 62
Jeon Jungkook is stucked with no option but to marry Kim Seokjin, his parents' choice. Destined with a stranger who took his freedom's out, Jeon Jung...