Orb of Obscurity

By AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... More

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
15- Eunoia
16- Yūgen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

14- Misconception

151 18 0
By AvyannaTremaine

"Um, okay sir." I stammered.

He smiled at me and gave me the drink he had in his hand. "This way..."

We walked through an empty corridor. I wondered why Jimin called me at this hour. Was something wrong? Probably not. Maybe he just wanted to talk. He did tell me that he'd call later. I wanted to get back to him. I wished Dae Hyun would finish his conversation fast.

"I just.... wanted to... I'm sorry." He suddenly turned to look at me.

"Huh?" I could imagine my face being contorted with all sorts of emotions.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I have had a crush on you for long and after going on the date, I thought we'd be able to get together finally. I was on cloud nine until you suddenly said out of nowhere that you got a boyfriend." He looked down. "I was shocked and kinda heartbroken. That doesn't justify my behavior earlier towards you. But, I'm sorry."

I knew he wasn't bad.

"Apology accepted. How about we start off again on good terms?" I asked.

It was good to know your seniors anyways. I could do with some help..... and a good friend if possible.

"Thanks. I'll make up for it. Allow me to take you out for dinner or lunch someday." He smiled.

"I can't say no to free food. So, sure." I laughed.

"So how's your shift going?"

We spoke for a while. He was a fun person to talk to, I won't lie.

While we were talking, both our phones rang. We both took our phones out and then looked at each other. An ambulance pulled into the driveway of the hospital.

An accident.

You wouldn't have space to set foot in the hospital during emergencies. Surgeries and treatment back to back was the routine. Food? Rest?

Yeah you got it right. Bye bye. Both of us ran towards the ER. The first patient came in and Dae Hyun ran towards him.

I ran towards another stretcher and stopped in my steps. The man had his arms and legs twisted in such a horrible way and the blood, it was pouring onto the floor like a tap turned on. I stepped forward and took him to the hybrid room.

The sounds of the ambulances pouring in was deafening, the screaming of the doctors and nurses on top of that, the relatives of the patients grieving, all this was driving me insane. Not the first time I had been through a situation like that. But it took a huge toll on my emotions and mental health.

The people who came in were all in such bad conditions that it physically hurt to look at them. They must be in so much pain. Treating patients and doing surgeries wasn't hard. I tuned all emotions out of my body. But later when I think of the things that I had seen, all those emotions rush in, making me feel so bad.

I shook my thoughts away and got to work.
__________________________

I was on top on the bed on my knees performing CPR.

"Checking for the pulse." I stopped and put my fingers on his neck. There wasn't any pulse. Again. It was the second time. I was so out of energy.

"Move over." I turned around and saw Dae Hyun. He pulled me away from the bed by my arms." I'll take over." He informed us and got up on the bed continuing the CPR.

I told the nurses to get the defibrillator ready. Just in case.

"ROSC." Dae hyun said and sighed. The pulse had returned.

He got off the bed and closed his eyes. He let out a breath and then gave out instructions to the nurses. He turned to look at me. He looked exhausted.

We were both breathing hard and sweating.

"Good job. That was the last patient for today." He said.

I nodded. We didn't even have the strength to smile.

"Coffee?" He asked.

"Not before I wash up." I sighed.

"I'll see you at the cafeteria in ten." He nodded and left.

Coffee sounded good. Some cake too. Sugar did wonders for me when I was tired.

I slowly trudged towards my room. I stepped into the washroom and washed my hands. I let the water run through my hand washing the sweat and blood away. I had got blood on my hands again. Not a pleasant feeling. I washed my hands properly with soap and proceeded to wash my face.

I changed my scrubs and put on a new coat. It was almost five in the morning.

I walked to the cafeteria and found Dae Hyun sitting on a table with coffee and some snacks. I smiled at his choice of food. I liked them all.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey. You got all my favorites ready?" I smiled gratefully.

"These are your favorites? I didn't know, I just got an assortment of a few things. You did mention that you liked eating sweets and spicy things the last time." He shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. He remembered that?

"Well I guess I did. Thank you so much. I am so grateful right now, you have no idea." I said and gave him a small bow.

"Don't." He chuckled.

"Mind if we join?" Min jun and Mare sat down at our table. They put down the food that they had bought. I lunged forward and took a packet of chips that I liked. Min jun opened his mouth to complain.

"Don't. You don't have the rights to. I am taking back what's mine." I smirked.

He put his tongue out and sat down heavily on the chair. I heard him murmuring about me being rude and I chuckled.

Mare put her head on my shoulder and let a long breath out. "What am I doing with life?"

I giggled and patted her head with my free hand. "Trust me, I ask myself the same question everyday babe."

We all sat there silently eating and recharging our worn out bodies.

Min jun got up first. "I am going to get a nap. See you all later."

"Wait. I'll come with you." I said.

I woke Mare up.

"Let's all leave then. We all need rest anyways." Dae Hyun said while getting up from his chair. He tossed the waste in the bin and walked back towards us.

"  owe you one for saving me today." I smiled at him.

"It's my job as your senior." He bent down and whispered near my ears, "Let's just have food some time." He winked and left. I nodded and waved at him goodbye.

"Hurry up. I don't want to be found sleeping in the cafeteria." Min jun whined.

I chuckled and dragged Mare along with me and the three of us walked back to the dorms.

I removed my coat and laid down on my bunk. I was too tired to sleep. Did that make any sense? But that was exactly how I felt.

I usually listened to people narrating stories on Youtube. Never failed to put me asleep. When music failed to put me asleep, stories always succeeded.

I was listening to some youtuber speak about her scary Uber experience.....and before I knew it, I was falling asleep.
_______________________

I woke up to the ringing of my phone.
Mom.

I smiled and looked at the time. It had been four hours since I had fallen asleep. I picked up the phone.

"Hey mom. How are you?"

*I'm fine. Were you sleeping?*

"Yeah..."

We kept talking and I had updated her on my current situation. As usual, she started talking about how I needed to eat and take care of myself etcetera.

*Stop overworking yourself. Dear lord, you would have gotten married and sent your kids to  school by now if you hadn't been a doctor. I would have happily been a grandmother.* She complained. I sighed.

"It was my choice. I am happy with what I am doing. I'll get a hold of life soon. Don't worry."

A guy. I had a guy in my life. But I wasn't ready to tell my mother yet. I knew that she would freak out unreasonably.

We spoke for a while longer and the phone passed to my dad. They missed me a lot and I missed them too. I would go back home next year for a while if I could. Or else I'd have to bring my parents here to visit.

I scrolled through my messages when I found Jimin's message. My mind paused. I had a vague memory of him giving me a call the night before.

Oh no. I opened his message.

*Are you busy? I want to talk to you.*

It was sent over 10 hours ago. I sighed. Poor guy.

I called him.

*Hello?*

"Hey Chim. I am so sorry. I just saw your message. I was really busy. I'm sorry." I said. Regret filled my voice.

*I.... It's okay.* There was something wrong with his voice.

*Chimmy? Are you okay?* I asked tentatively.

*It's nothing.* He said softly.

I sighed thinking about the right choice of words.

"Jimin?" I called out to him.

*Yes?* He replied.

"What did you tell me yesterday? You told me to be an open book with you and tell you everything right? It works the other way around too. I don't want you to keep your feelings away from me. Now tell what happened." I said in a soft voice.

He let a breath out.

*I..... I wondered if you were being troubled by anyone in the hospital?* He said.

"Me?" I was surprised at first and then I chuckled. "No Chim, I am fine. Why?"

*I kinda you know... saw you run into a guy yesterday when I dropped you off and you looked uncomfortable. That guy had a weird look on his face like he had bad thoughts about you.* He said.

I was speechless. "You saw that?"

*It wasn't intentional. No no. I was just watching you go in and I happened to see it.* He said quickly in a small voice.

I chuckled. "That's my senior. A friend. He doesn't harass me. I don't have such experiences at all honey. Don't worry."

And then it struck my brain. He didn't know.

"Actually, I have something to tell you Chim."

I told him about my history with Dae Hyun.

*HE WHAT?* Jimin screamed.

"Ow my ears Chim.." I was cut halfway by him screaming again.

*You are NOT going anywhere with that pervert. Nowhere. I am already regretting having you in the same place as he is. How could he ask you out even when you told him that you had a boyfriend?*

I took a sharp breath in.

"Jimin?" I said in a small voice.

*What?* He replied, still pissed.

"That's the first time you called yourself my boyfriend." I was so happy that I felt my heartbeats going haywire.

*Wasn't that obvious? That's no....Oh!* He paused. *Stop! You're straying away from the topic at hand. Stay away from that guy.*

He said the last part so sternly that I could feel myself almost nodding to his command.

Idiot. I snapped out of it.

"Jimin, he is just a guy who works with me and trust me he is not a bad person. Besides, you think Maren would let a bad guy near me?" I chuckled.

*I hate the fact that you are making a valid point here, but whatever. I am jealous.*  I could hear him huffing. He was so cute.

"It is pretty obvious. You don't hav..." He interrupted again.

*Do you know how sad I was? You hadn't replied in hours and I was left wondering who that guy was.*  This guy was such a baby.

 "Alright I'm sorry! I'll shower you with kisses the next time we meet, okay?" I said chuckling.

*Nope. I want you to....well that too. I want you to send me a picture now.*  Remember when I told you that he was a kid trapped in a man's body?

Yeah that was exactly what he was.

"Alright, hold up..." I scrolled through my gallery when I came across that picture.

There it was, the picture that Maren clicked of us. Me and the baby that we had delivered. I sent it to him.

"There, I sent it." I wanted to hear him. There were no noises from the other side. "Chim? Hello?"

*It's beautiful.*  He whispered.

I kept silent, waiting for him to speak up.

*You delivered that baby?* He asked softly. I told him the story from the other day.

*Do you know how cool you are?* He spoke to me adoringly.

"Thank you sir. I'm honored." I chuckled.

*You would make a wonderful mother.* He said in a small voice.

This guy kept giving me heart aches. How could he say words like those that easily? I was blushing but I wondered. Would I be a good mother? I couldn't even take care of myself.

"I don't know if I will." I confessed.

*You will. Don't ever doubt yourself about it.*  His words sounded convincing.

Butterflies in my stomach. The end.

We spoke for a while longer until my stomach grumbled. How long was it since I ate?

My date with Jimin the night before seemed like something that happened ages ago. Poor stomach.

*Chim, I am going to die of hunger if I don't eat.*  We both chuckled.

I turned around to see that there wasn't anyone else in the room. I got ready brushing my hair and put the phone on speaker as we kept talking.

It was fun. Speaking to and being with the people you loved was fun. I was happy.

_________________________

Author's Note:

First fight.😏😏

Glad they got their issues cleared.
Until then, I am not over this look yet.
BTS themselves said that he has the best body and I agree wholeheartedly. I love you joon. 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.4K 42
[°•●3RD PLACE IN BTS SPRING AWARD●•°] "I don't know why am I doing this...". "I'll help you". ~ Park Jimin, a kind and sweet man. One day, his curren...
18.6K 732 30
" Taehyung: If you knew who I was you wouldn't talk to me like that. He smirked and walked closer to me. Y/n: And if you knew who I was you would kn...
44.7K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
39.6K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...