The Whipping

By Loveme105

After an Alpha has given up looking for their mate, and they need a Luna to help run the pack, they will orga... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
'Alpha Dylan'
The Hunt
THE HUNT
TAMING HIM

Chapter 8

257K 8.4K 3.2K
By Loveme105

Logan settled down on the small wooden bench next to me, breathing deeply and turning to me.

"I never expected my mate to be so beautiful."

It was barely a whisper, but the words caused my eardrums to ring and throb, as if someone had just hit a gong right next to me.

I smiled, awkwardly. This is not where I wanted this day to go. Logan wasn't supposed to compliment me, and his pack certainly wasn't meant to be...nice.

"Why did you organise The Whipping?" I blurted out without thinking.

Logan's eyes went wide for a second before he leaned forward, perching his elbows on his knees, scratching at his stubble nervously. "I don't know what you want me to say Eliza. I've already told you why it was organised, and I'm sorry."

I shook my head, knowing Logan would never answer anything other than that, because it was the truth, but I still couldn't understand what would posses someone to do that, and I knew I was never going to be able to understand.

If I was ever going to move on from this, I knew I would have to let go of all the questions as to why Logan would have done it. Dwelling on it would get me nowhere.

I pushed my long chestnut hair out of my face, standing up, trying to change the subject. "What else is there to see?"

Logan smiled, standing with me, running his hands through his dark hair. "I know something that I think you'll love."

Logan guided me through the small forest of blossom trees, jumping over miniature rivers that led down towards the lake back by the bench.

He would offer me his hand whenever we would encounter the flowing waters, but I ignored it each time, wanting to show him I was more than capable.

Eventually, we came to a large oak tree; the biggest tree I had ever seen in my life actually, that was hung with what seemed like thousands of lanterns. Due to the sun starting to set, and darkness quickly approaching, the lanterns shone brightly, almost blinding me.

The large oak tree swung along with the wind, as if it were gently dancing, and when my gaze dropped down towards the base of the tree, I noticed it had been hollowed out.

Inside was a small stool, table and a string of fairy lights. I stepped closer in amazement, analysing the small cavern to see a few photos nailed into the inside of the bark.

Two young smiling boys were present in every photo, and by the glow of the hazel eyes, I could tell one of them was Logan.

"That's Jordan, my older brother," said Logan, suddenly realising he was right behind me.

"You two look so alike."

Logan laughed, smiling sadly. "He was supposed to be the Alpha. I took over for him since there was no else left."

I turned, furrowing my brows. "What do you mean?"

"He died a few years back."

Gazing into Logan's eyes, although still hazel, they held sadness and heartache, and I could tell by his now tense demeanour, he was uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, dropping my gaze. I had never been good at comforting people. I knew that saying sorry meant and did nothing, but it was the only thing I could bring myself to say.

"He and I built this actually. I like to come here and just...think."

I nodded in understanding, not wanting to ask any questions in case Logan didn't feel comfortable. I had never lost anyone before, so I couldn't tell him I knew how he felt, but I felt myself wanting to do and say anything to distract him and make him feel more at ease.

I didn't know if he had a father in the picture or not, but again, it felt too rude to ask.

"Anyway, we should get going. Your parents will probably be wanting you home before it gets completely dark," said Logan, laughing, the glowing lanterns causing shining reflections in his already luminous eyes.

"Sometimes they treat me like a child," I grunted, slightly rolling my eyes. Taking one last look at the magnificent glowing timber in front of me, taking it all in, I turned to follow Logan down through the blossom tree forest, back towards the village.

As we walked, I kept noticing Logan stealing glances at me, and whenever I would catch him, he would smile, flashing his pearly whites. I didn't know what this boy was doing, but it was creating an unsettling feeling in me.

I liked it, but I knew it was wrong. My brain felt scrambled and the thought of seeing myself telling Logan I never wanted to see him again after today was slowly drifting further and further away into the back of my mind, to forever be forgotten.

"Do you want to shift? We can cut past the village and onto the trail to get to yours?" asked Logan, allowing his body to morph into his large dark brown wolf. He politely turned, allowing me to strip and stuff my clothes into my bag, before I also shifted.

We walked this time, me, just following Logan's lead, but I had a suspicion it was because he wanted to spend as long as possible with me.

I didn't mind. I found it calming and tranquillity flowed through me as I took in the setting sun, causing colours of sunflower yellow and blushing pink to be shifting throughout the sky.

I was always a lover of sunsets. They relaxed me, and reminded me that tomorrow is another day, and better things can always come of it.

I couldn't help but feel panic flood through my veins as I imagined that this was going to be the last time I would ever see Logan.

Did I want that? Did I want this to be my last memory of him? Was I completely sure this was what I wanted, or was I just not sure what I wanted? I didn't want Logan, but I also...did.

Shaking the thought away, I decided to pick up the pace, just wanting to be home and in my own bed where I would be able to contemplate things properly, and when we eventually reached the border to my territory, I was relieved.

I shifted into my small human form, pulling on my tank top and denim shorts as quickly as I could, checking that he wasn't looking as he also shifted, pulling on his shorts he was carrying.

"Logan, I..."

My words failed me, and I was left standing there mid- sentence, looking like a bit of a fool.

Logan raised his eyebrows, urging me to continue, but I couldn't. I couldn't say it. I couldn't tell Logan I wanted him to leave and never come back. I couldn't tell him I never wanted to see him again.

I couldn't tell him I hated him, because I knew I would be lying. I wasn't sure what I was feeling for him, but it was something strange. I was intrigued by him, and I wanted to find out more.

"I hope we can see each other again soon, Eliza. I understand that your family and pack will never accept me, but hopefully you can."

I peered at him through thick lashes, forcing a smile. "I'll see you soon Logan."

I know what Logan was wanting me to say, but I couldn't give him an answer, but he was patient with me and he didn't seem upset that I had seemed to ignore his comment.

He smiled at me, reaching out for my hand and taking it in his. He brought it to his lips slowly, pressing a soft kiss to my knuckle before letting go, steeping back and shifting into his wolf, disappearing within the depths of the forest.

I stood there, almost frozen as I allowed the tingles make their way from my hand, up my arm and down my spine.

I closed my eyes, trying to breath slowly as I shook my head, attempting to push all of my thought and feeling away, but I knew it wasn't going to work.

Feeling a small sense of bliss, I made my way towards my house, feeling the tingles slowly start ti dissolve and diminish until they were completely gone.

I rounded the corner, to see my small brick house, with my father and Alpha James outside, who instantly turned to me as soon as they heard me approaching.

"You're back," stated my father glumly, taking in my dazed expression. "What happened? How horrible was it on a scale of one to ten?"

I laughed at my father's stupid joke, rolling my eyes. "It was fine."

I didn't want to tell them. I didn't know what to tell them. What was I supposed to say? That I had a great time getting to know the Alpha who organised an event where I was brutally whipped against my will?

I still didn't know Logan- I knew that. However, it was the feeling of wanting to get to know him that was scaring me, and I knew, frankly, it would scare my parents even more.

"We will talk about this all later. There's someone you need to meet first," said my father, leading me into the house where I saw my mother, sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, laughing with a young man. "This is Theo. He's James' nephew. He used to visit sometimes back when you were both kids, but he hasn't been here in years. You two used to love to play together."

Theo turned to me, smiling, flashing his white teeth.

I nodded in acknowledgement, smiling awkwardly.

Theo had light brown hair, just like James' before it started to turn grey, but he had emerald green eyes which stood out against his tanned complexion.

His nose was dotted with a small line of faint freckles and he stood taller than anybody here, towering over us all.

I hadn't seen him since he was about seven years old, but he almost looked the same, just now more muscular and charming.

"Hey, I'm Theo."

..........................................................................

Theo is now part of the book which I'm really excited about!

I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading. Please vote and comment as it really helps me out.

Lots of love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
380K 12K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
450K 13K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...