A Chance For A Heart

Oleh lovin4theheart

Lebih Banyak

A Chance For A Heart
Chapter 1: "I Volunteer"
Chapter 2: Fire Girl
Chapter 3: "Watch your back"
Chapter 4: Unexplained
Chapter 5: Strange Attraction Part 1
Chapter 5: Strange Attraction Part 2
Chapter 6: Didn't Go As Planned
Chapter 7: Focusing... is hard
Chapter 8: Soft Side
Chapter 9: A Change in the Game
Chapter 10: Competition Part 2
Chapter 11: They hear our voices and listen to our words
Chapter 12: We have ourselves an agreement
Chapter 13: Last
Chapter 14: The Night Without You Part 1
Chapter 14: The Night Without you Part 2
Chapter 15: Explode
Chapter 16: Breaking
Chapter 17: Something I'll Regret
Chapter 18: On Your Own
Chapter 19: The Little Guy
Chapter 20: Nakedness
Chapter 21: In My Arms
Chapter 22: Thank Yous'
Chapter 23: Tell me a story
Chapter 24: How the cookie crumbles
Chapter 25: Loverboy's Cannon
Chapter 26: What's the password?
Chapter 27: Caught In Her Flame

Chapter 10: Competition Part 1

1.4K 44 2
Oleh lovin4theheart

Chapter 10: Competition Part 1

I was breathing hard after my combat fighting with one of the trainers. I looked over at the games men as I walked over to the spear throwing. They looked extremely pleased, as expected.

I smirked. Yeah, I know. I’m a beast. I took the spear in my hand and let my eyes be attached to the silver. To how amazing it felt in my hands, but there was a strange of guilt mixed.

I pushed them away knowing I needed to focus. I proved that I was great with a sword and now I must prove that I’m great with a spear. 

I thrust it hard. It met with the head. I took another one. I thrust it again. This time it hit the heart. I went to go grab another one when I was interrupted. 

“You are dismissed Cato.” one of the games keeper spoke. I gave them a nod and wiped the sweat off my forehead. 

One of the avox people led me out. I walked down a long hallway that led to an elevator. 

I really wanted to speak to Katniss. I wonder if she’s okay.

She looked so nervous and almost sick looking. I debated if I should wait for her but then realized I’d be waiting for hours and people would wonder why I would still be here.

Like I’d pay attention to them anyways. I do what I want. I decided to go back to my room and take a shower. I could eat too.

________________________________________

I stood there for a half hour until she finally appeared. She looked pissed off. That’s weird. I walked up to her and gave her one of my dashing smiles. 

She just continues to scowl. “Ah, Cato, why am not I not surprised you’re here.” she said moody.

I continued to smile. I wanted to cheer her up. “Well someone is in a bad mood. What’s got your panties in a wad Ms. Everdeen?” I asked with a smirk. 

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. I can’t help my traveling eyes. “Why would you care?”

The smirk leaves my face and I turn serious. “You’d be surprised how much I do care Katniss.” I say to her and her eyes grow wide. 

“What’s wrong?” I ask stepping closer. We’re close enough for me to feel the warmth of her breath. I want to close the distance and hold her in my arms. She signs.

Her eyes close and she looks torn if she should tell me or not. “Hey,” I say and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. “You can tell me.” I looked deep in her eyes.

She looks almost pained.  “I can’t Cato.” Let me in Katniss. Please.

I grab the side of her face and make her look into my eyes. To understand how much I care about her. What I would do to defend her. Why can’t she knock down those walls she has built and let me in.

“Katniss you can trust me.” her eyes search mine and I know she’s thinking about it. Just a little more. 

I rest my forehead against hers and close my eyes. I want to capture her lips in mine. Hell, I want her to be mine.

“I screwed up Cato” she says and I can hear the tears in her voice that don’t spill. “They’ll kill them. They will have to pay for what I did and it’s all my fault. I was irritated; they weren’t paying attention to me. I wasn’t thinking. How could I be so stupid?” she looks like she’s about to fall apart. 

“Katniss, shh, it’s going to be okay. Now tell me what happened.” I demand with concern.

“I shot an area at the gamekeepers.” her voice is quiet. Wait, she what? I drop my hand and stand shocked. “You what?”

She talks fast. “Well not at them actually. At an apple where they were eating at pig. They weren’t paying attention to me at all after I shot perfectly. Well the second time. I never miss. They laughed and turned away. I was so angry and irritated. I just left afterwards.

Oh no! I left without being dismissed. What if they take it out on my family. What if they have them killed and then kill me. What if-“ I cut her off and embrace her. 

God she feels so damn good in my arms. I almost melt but remember the situation. 

What she did was awesome but not good in her book. I was now worried for her.

If they killed her sister, she would lose hope and not even try or care to fight in the games.

Wait, did she say shooting? She’s good with a bow and arrow?

“It’s okay Katniss. They won’t kill your sister. They can’t. It’s going to all work out. We’ll just have to wait and see. Okay? Just breath and relax for now. It could be nothing.”

I coax her face and tell her soothing words. 

She seems to calm down a little. I smirk at her. “So, you can shoot?” I ask while giving her a smile. 

She starts to smile and then her eyes go wide and panic shows across her face. What’s with showing all these emotions. She normally isn’t like this.

“Oh my god! Haymitch is going to kill me!” she steps away from me. No. Come back.

Wait she thinks I’m going to tell. “No, no, Katniss I won’t tell anyone. I promise. My lips are sealed. Don’t worry.”

“No, you know now. You’ll use that to your advantage.” she says and takes steps back. 

“No! Katniss I won’t. I’m going to-“ but she cuts me off as she takes off running towards the elevators. 

“Katniss wait!” I call back but she’s already in the elevator. Damn it! Why can’t I have her back in my arms.  “I want to protect you Katniss. I won’t let anyone hurt you.” I say with determination. 

_______________________________________________________________

We’re sitting in the television area. I watch I see my name and picture flash on the screen.

A ten shows up and I grin. That’s right. That’s right.

Clove shows up next and she receives the same score. Ugh. Whatever. 

I don’t care about any of the others scores. I think about Katniss and how angered and scared she was. I wish I could be there with her through this.

Lover boy shows up and he manages to get an eight. Hmph. Not too bad. I expected worse.

Then Katniss shows up and the worry returns. If she gets a lower score people will think she’s worse and her sponsors won’t help her out. 

I sign. I’m nervous but no matter what, I’ll be there for her. I will fight and protect her until my last dying breath. I promise her that. 

She appears on the screen and I almost smile at her beautiful face. God. I sound so whipped.

I push my thoughts away and focus and what I see is something I could not believe. Well I guess I could believe it but I’m surprised to feel such anger.

An elevan appears on the screen and Clove and I shoot right up. We both say the same thing. 

“What the hell!?”

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.2M 57.1K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
34.4K 3.3K 62
A college going girl.. 👩 She is sweet and innocent always helping others... A guy in her college... She was always having crush on him from the very...
194K 4.4K 67
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad