Chapter 3: "Watch your back"

Chapter 3: “Watch Your Back”

“Clove, give me the remote!” I yell at her.

“No!” she yells back. “I want to watch my show.”

“Well so do I, so give me the remote now!” I reach over to grab it out of her hands, but she’s faster than me. Stubborn ass.

“Ha Ha, too slow Cato.” she keeps teasing me. My face turns red in anger. Nobody ever teases me.

“What, Cato getting mad?” she smirks at me and I try to grab the remote again. “No, no, no Cato.” she moves the remote around in the air as I try to grab it once again. Ugh!

“Damn it Clove! Give me the remote now!” my voice gets louder but she only smirks and tease more. “What, can’t handle a girl?” That’s it.

I lunge for her and we both fall on the ground. She still has the remote in her hand as I try to hold her down, but she keeps squirming. I throw her against the floor again as I reach up to grab the remote, but she punches me in the nose and flings me off.

She gets on top of me now and she’s smiling. My nose hurts and I feel a little blood drip down. “What the hell Clove?” I scream at her as I hold my nose. 

“What, can’t handle me? How are you going to handle the arena if you can’t even handle a punch in the nose?” 

“Shut up! I can handle myself. You, you just caught me off guard.” I scowl at her and push her off.

I stand up and so does she with a triumphed almost devilish smile on her lips. She think she’s won.

I lunge at her and we both slam against the floor again. This time I get the remote and we’re both wrestling on the floor.

I hear a gasp behind us and turn around to see Enobaria and Brutus. Enobaria has a horrid look on her face while Brutus looks almost bored.

“What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing?” asks Brutus. 

“She- he- and then-” Clove and I start at the same time. “Stop it!” Enobaria yells.

We both stop looking shocked. I have never heard Enobaria yell before. “Are you trying to get yourself in trouble or worse killed? You can’t fight other tributes, it’s against the rules!” she looks angry at us. 

Enobaria pushes me off Clove with a lot of force. Damn, where did that strength come from?

“Stop acting immature and focus!” she yells again and Brutus gives us a pointed look. 

“She started it!” 

“He started it!” we both say at the same time. They both roll their eyes and walk away.