Orb of Obscurity

Av AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... Mer

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- YÅ«gen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

12- Nyctophilia

191 17 14
Av AvyannaTremaine

*love for darkness*

_________________________

"Suction." The professor said.

The blood flowing out from the injury was being sucked out by the tube and it was getting collected in a cylindrical container.

"Bovie." The nurse put the bovie in his hands.

"Dr.Saura how are you supposed to find the graft? "

I gave him the answers while putting my hand out open towards the nurse. "Right angled forceps."

I placed the forceps in and looked at my professor for permission. He nodded and I got on with the process.

He was a nice man letting the students do the process and helping them at the right time, making us all learn well.

"Cut." I made a knot.

"Cut." He said and cut the string off.

It was finally done. I smiled at him.

"Well done." He smiled back. "Stitch the patient up. Good job today."

I bowed to him, as he left the theatre.

It was the students job to finish the stitches and send the patient back to the ward safely.
_________________________

I laid down on my bunk trying to rest my back before going on my rounds to check on the patients. I had severe back and neck pain making me want to sit down all the time. But I had learned to ignore it.

Embracing your pain is the best way to overcome them.

I felt weird. Like I needed someone to give me a hug saying that it was alright and that all the pains would go away some day. Self pity was one of the worst emotions people could ever experience. It messes up with your brain.

I usually listened to songs and sang along with them. Music was my driving force to live. I wouldn't have survived all those years without it. And BTS played a crucial role in it too. They made me realize that doing what we like can be hard too. Just because we do something we like doesn't make us happy. We need to have mental peace. And trust me, mental peace is a topic people don't understand. It is always ignored.

BTS made me want to explore myself. They spoke out loud about the forbidden topic.

Speaking of BTS. Being lonely surely made me an idiot too. I had a lovely guy to speak to. How could I forget him? I smiled to myself as I dialed his number.

*Saura?*His voice was groggy.

"Oh, were you sleeping? I'm sorry. I'll call you later. I should have texted you first." I felt so, so sorry.

Sleep. A holy thing, whose value you realize only when you enter college. There are nights when you get all the time in the world to sleep and you throw it in the bin to watch dramas, chat with your friends and be crazy. Then there are those nights where you get just enough sleep to recharge your body for the next day. And finally, the days where sleep isn't even an option in your everyday schedule due to exams. I've stayed awake for 4 days straight with an hour's nap from time to time due to the darned exams.

So I make sure not to disturb anyone's sleep.

*Hey babe, its alright. We barely get to speak with each other as it is. Might as well use the time we get, properly." He chuckled softly.

I'd never heard those words before. I had never been anyone's first preference other than my parents.

 I had always wanted to be somebody's first choice. He said I was. My eyes started getting wet.

*Are you off now?*

"No, just finished a surgery, gotta go check up on the patients now." I sighed.

*Why do you work so hard? I feel bad. I know it's a part of your job but still..."* He sounded worried.

"Says the guy who lost all his teenage years working." I gave a chuckle. 

*Wanna meet this evening?* He asked yawning.

"Chim, is it alright for me to keep you away from the others whenever I want to?" I asked, laughing.

*You have no idea. I am dreading the day, Tae and Kook are going to fight you over me." We both burst out laughing.*They are all busy with their own work and love life. As long as I follow my schedule, things will be fine. But hey, don't you worry about those things. I want you to just be with me and think of nothing else. I have a life of my own too, apart from them. They'll understand.* He said.

"Alright then. I'll see you.....at 7? Where do you want me to be?" I got up and stretched my limbs, getting ready to leave.

*I'll pick you up from the hospital.*

"Okay." I was excited to have a nice ending to a hectic day.

*Aren't you supposed to ask where we are going or something?* He asked.

"Anywhere with you is okay. I just want to go somewhere and get my mind cleared." I replied.

*Hmm, what if I kidnapped you?* He said, repeating the same dialogue I told him the other night.

"Well, I'll have to find that out, won't I? Until then, I'll trust you." We laughed.

*See you later then. Bye.*

"Bye."

I have a lovely date waiting for me. That thought alone cheered me up.
I went towards the ward with a smile on my face.
_________________________

"Hey!" I said as I slid into the passenger seat.

I shut the door and as I turned around, I was engulfed in a hug. I was surprised for a second but I quickly reciprocated. I exhaled loudly as I rested my face on his shoulder. As I inhaled again, I got a whiff of his mild cologne. I had an allergy to dust and strong scents. But his scent was weirdly calming.

He felt like home. A place you can be yourself, depend on and rest.

"I missed you so much." He said.

"Me too, you have no idea." I replied.

He pulled away and placed his hands on both sides of my face. He stared at my face keenly from the forehead to my chin.

"You look like you are dead from inside. Have you lost weight too?" He pouted, frowning.

I laughed. "Chim it's only been 3 days since we last met."

He rubbed his thumbs over my cheeks and then he kissed my forehead, my nose and then my lips. He lingered there for while longer and then he pulled back.

"I wanted to do that so bad." He pecked my lips again and said, "The feel of having you close. I need to physically hold you to reassure myself that you are here, with me."

I took his palm and placed a kiss on the inside. "I'm here."

He giggled, making me smile.

He pulled away and started the engine. "Let's go."

We drove as I looked out of the window.

"Shall I turn some music on?" I asked.

"Sure! He turned his playlist on."

Lee Hi's 'No one' started playing. I absolutely loved this song. I started humming along.

"Do you sing?" He raised an eyebrow.

Well did I? I used to slay competitions back in school. But I gave up later on. When you learn medicine, hobbies became a luxury that you couldn't afford.

Also Asian parents. I don't think I have to explain anything more.

"No I don't." I gave him a dry laugh.

I didn't want him to know. He was a singer for crying out loud.

"Oh, you have a lovely voice babe. Something husky and deep. I almost fell asleep the other day, listening to you speak softly to me. You would make a great singer." He smiled at me.

Oh. But no, not today.

I laughed and ignored it.

We reached a building in an empty neighborhood. Jimin killed the engine.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"Surprise." He stepped out if the car.

"Here?" I stepped out confused.

He took my hand in his and started walking towards a building. We went in and there were a few people going about their business. Some of them turned and after noticing , they smiled at us. Jimin nodded back.

We got into the elevator and a few more people got in with us. I was stressed out with so many people being there. I was afraid they might recognize Jimin. But they just smiled at him and turned around.

We were huddled in a corner of the elevator. Just as I was about to confirm my doubts, he stopped me.

"Later." He put his hand over my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

Almost all the people got off and after a one more stop, we reached the......rooftop?

He smiled and we stepped out of the elevator.

We walked until we reached the wall that overlooked the city. Wow. There were hundreds of buildings all huddled together. Lights decorating the night. The sounds of vehicles buzzing around the city. The cool breeze. The place screamed one word at me. Life.

This is how beautiful everyday is. But we go about doing our jobs, ignoring its beauty. No matter how early you were, there was always someone who was up earlier than you.

The cold breeze made me shiver and pull my coat tighter around me.

Jimin moved and stood behind me, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Feel warmer?" He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Much better." We stood there for a while and then my legs started hurting. I had been standing all day.

"Chim, can we sit down?" I asked him.

"Hmm? Oh! I'm sorry, sorry. Come here." He took me towards the side. There was a small table with a thermos box on it. There were small lights which lit up the place. How did I not notice it before?

"I brought us dinner." He sat down pulling me to sit with him. He was so excited that I just watched him do his thing with a smile.

He put out quite an assortment of food, all steaming. And two bottles of soft drinks to top it all. The perfect date.

"Do you know that you are perfect?" I looked him in the eye.

"So I've been told." He smirked.

We had the food and had a fun time. We spoke about our tastes in food. We had different tastes obviously since the cuisines of our countries varied. But we pretty much liked the same things, with a few changes here and there.

"How can you not eat beef and pork? What do you eat exactly then? Are you going to have only the noodles?" He frowned.

"I just can't eat it. Don't ask. I eat fish and chicken anyways. Don't worry." I chuckled.

"You should have told me beforehand. Now look at you." He whined. He was so cute.

"Feed me lots of chicken next time. Now eat before the food goes cold." I said, putting a piece of kimchi in my mouth.

"I am still sulking." He turned away. Don't do this Chim. My poor heart.

"Alright, alright. I'll cook for you the next time. Please eat." I gave him the puppy eyes. If we were having a battle about being cute, I was not losing. I knew I stood no chance against Jimin but hey, I was just trying.

"You cook?" His face brightened up. "Will you cook for me?"

"You don't even have to ask. I'm taking you home the next time we meet." I promised him. "Where are we anyways? Is it safe for you?"

He laughed. "It's you who have to worry about being recognized. We are in a part of Bighit building."

What. The. Hell?

I dropped my jaw in surprise. Jimin bent forward and pinched my cheeks.

"You're so cute. This is where we come to relax when we have breaks. The rooftop. This place holds quite a few memories." He looked around and smiled.

"Wow. You could have given me a heads up." I cocked my head.

"I told you it was a surprise." He chuckled.

"Whatever. It's nice anyways." I smiled.

We finished eating and put the empty boxes away.

I laid down on the table. I almost moaned out in relief. It had been a tiring day and I finally got to rest my back.

"Are you fine?" Jimin asked, laying next to me.

"Just tired. But happy." I replied looking up at the sky.

"Me too." He said.

"We are all in pain, we just need someone to help us through it." I sighed.

"Do you pity me?" He asked me in an amused tone.

"I don't pity you Jimin. I sympathize." I turned to look at him and smiled.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's the difference?"

"Experience." I said. There was a pause.

He leaned forward to kiss me. It conveyed more feelings than words could ever do. It felt right. I didn't stop.

__________________________

Author's Note:

Enjoy the cliffhanger. 😏
Also, I am going to start crying someday writing these lines. I need a Jimin. 🥺🥺

Until then, killing you all with 'The smirk'. 🥴

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

17.4K 230 9
"Why are you still here Minji? Why would Taehyung still keep you around to look after me if he already got what he wanted..." His voice was quiet and...
5.9K 263 10
"Doctor how is my wife? Is she ok" Taehyung asked while looking at doctor. "Don't worry Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim is fine she just need time take a little r...
27.2K 1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
39.6K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...