The Footballer's Sister (Mari...

By paulpogbas

*Just a disclaimer, I wrote this when I was very young and had absolutely no writing skills at all so read at... More

The Footballer's Sister
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Epilogue

Four

2.8K 64 10
By paulpogbas

"Why is he still here?" I ask, whispering to Marco as I look at Mario who is in Marco's kitchen while we're in the living room.

"Because he's staying with me for a few more weeks as I only get to see him a few time a year. He's my best friend Lia. I know you don't like him but if I kept you away from your Erika you wouldn't be happy." Marco stares down at me making me glare at him.

"You're such a little shit." I sit down on the couch.

"You love me." He whispers and then crosses his arms over over his chest. "Now what are you doing today?" Marco asks.

"I'm going to practice, just to keep my dance in my head so I can perfect it."

"Mario, come in here," Marco shouts so he nods from in the kitchen and then walk into the living rooms and stands next to Marco as they both look down at me. "Now don't laugh Lia, but Jogi said that we need to work on our leg strenght and he recommended ballet." marco whispers as he finishes his sentence.

"So what I'm hearing is that you want me to teach you two how do do ballet?2 I ask and they both nod their heads. "Fine. Get dressed into sport clothes and I'll get you shoes when we arrive."

They both nod and then go upstairs to get dressed.

----------------------------

The boy glare at me as I through them a pair of tights and a pair of blochs each.

"Go put on the tights and blochs on." I go over and close the curtains to the window and face the wall so that they have the privacy to pull on the tights.

"Do we put our shorts on over it?" Marco shouts and I turn and face them because I can tell that they have the tights on.

"No, you want to learn ballet then you're going to have to look like a ballet boy." I tease, wanting to make them look as stupid as I can.

I go into the cupboard at the side of the room and get out to plain black mens leotards and through them over to them.

"Put these on." They both look at me with horrified face.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Mario mutters as I cros my hands over mycest and touch the silky pink leotard that I'm wear.

As they pull off their t-shirt I look down at my pink tights and my chiffon wrap skirt. My pointe shoes are my oldest pair and the pair I used to practice the most. My mom bought me three new pairs of pointe shoes for the show and I almost cried. She got me two pink pairs and a black pair. My hair is pulled back into a ponytail and I have no make up on my face.

I must be beautiful.

Bullshit.

I probably look like I belong in a mental asylum or something.

"You're probably having so much fun right now." Marco shouts making me look up and burst out laughing at them. 

"I never thought I'd see this day." I mutter making them both glare at me.

"Can we just get started?" Mario asks but I don't answer him just fix my pointe shoes and then pull over three barres so there is one each for us.

"Just started with leg stretches like this." I point my toe and move my pointed foot infront of the foot on the floor and then behind it, but very fast so my leg tenses up.

"Am I doing it right?" Marco asks so I look over while still doing the excerise.

"Yeah." I answer and then go up onto the top of my toes and I feel my legs tighten up and my toes feel very squished. I must have a blister at either side of my foot from practicing som much and I'm sure my big toe is staring to bruise.

Pretty feet are over rated anyway.

"How come you get the fancy shoes with the big ribbons and the fancy top part?" Mario asks making me chuckle.

"You don't get them because you two stupid idiots would break your toes trying to get up onto them and I don't want to have the blame for your toes being broken." I explain and they both laugh loudly.

"Can we try them?" Marco asks and I shake my head.

"Nope, I'm not taking any chances." I keep looking forward and then move on to another excercise.

After half an hour of warming up I get them to move the barres to the side and I stand in the middle of the room.

"Now this is one of the first dances I have ever learned. Marco you might know some of this I used to practice this dance all the time. I still actually do it sometimes because it's probably my favourite dance even though it is one of the easiest ones." I explain and they both nod and I look into the mirror infront of me and look at the boys in the mirror.

I press play on the remote and throw it over so I land onto my bag as the soft piano music plays.

I got very slow compared to the music so they can try to catch all of the moves.

"Did you not do this with a partner?" Marco asks as the song stops but we keep dancing but we still keep dancing because we haven't finished yet. 

"Yes. It can be danced as a duo, but I never have a partner to do it with so I just have to do it as a solo." I explain.

"How about we do it as a duo then?" Mario shouts making me turn and look at him and shake my head.

"I don't think so,"

"Shut up sis, I need to pee so you two practice and I'll go pee." As Marco leaves he winks at me and I don't even give a shit so I stick my middle finger up to him as he leaves.

"Fucking asshole." I mutter and walk back into the middle of the room and glare at Mario. "Why did you even suggest that?" I ask him with an annoyed tone of voice.

"Because." Is all he answers.

I turn away from Mario and then jump a few minutes later as he puts his hands at either side of my waist making me jump away but he grabs me again.

"Do you do this." He asks and lifts me up into the air making me gasp and hold onto his hands because to be honest I don't trust him

"Mario put me down!" I scream but he doesn't stop, he then starts to spin around.

"Is this what I'm supposed to do?" He asks in a playful voice.

"No, now put me down!" I scream angrily but Mario just laughs louder and then brings me down but doesn't set me down on the ground. He insted holds me up under my arms so that my tip toes don't even touch the floor. But even though he is holding me up I'm still having to look up at him because I'm that small.

I glare at Mario and then use my hands to push him away from me. 

"Don't do that ever again." I say and Mario sighs loudly.

"I was only trying to have fun with you Lia." Mario groans and I shake my head.

"You're not allowed to have fun with me Mario, because we're not friends." I cross my arms over my chest and Mario just shakes his head at me.

"We used to be best friends Lia. We used to have fun like this all the time." Mario shouts.

"Used to is the word you should be focusing on." I say trying to keep as calm as possible. I stand up straight. 

"Lia, I miss you and I don't know how many times I'm going to have to do this, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for going to Bayern. I thought it would be the best thing for me-"

"So moving away from your family and friends was the best thing for you?" I ask and he sighs and runs a hand through his messy hair.

"I've already explained this to you. I thought my career would develop more if I moved to Bayern. And I know your respone will be 'your career would have developed more if you stayed at BVB.' I know, but I wasn't thinking righ and Ann-Kathrin-"

"Should have known she would have persuaded you to get more money." I snap and he glares.

"Ann-Kathrin has her own career."

"Yeah because she's fucking you." I scream and we start screaming at each other. Arguing over everything.

At one point I did consider hitting him.

"I hate you." I scream. This silences him. I don't know why but I feel emotional after admitting it. I've said it many times before to many people but saying it to him hit me hard. Like I just committed a crime or something.

"And I'm trying to change that. I don't want you to hate me Lia. I've never wanted you to hate me Lia." He speaks quietly as I bite my tounge trying to stop myself from crying. "I'm leaving tomorrow and I've tried my hardest during the time I've been here to try to be friends with you again."

"You have been able to gain my friendship years ago, but you left me and my brother all alone Mario. You left us. I've had to deal with so many new people coming into my life and I think it's good. Before you I was just a quite girl who swore a lot and didn't have a lot of friends. But after you I had the confidence to talk to people more. Thank you for that. I accept more people into my life now, but I still know not to take everyone in. Especially if they hurt me. You hurt me for so long. The first game when you played against BVB I felt like I was going to pass out. I just didn't want to see you because I knew that I would end up in tears over you."

"I'm so sorry Lia. I really am." Mario looks down at me with sorry eyes but I look away. Luckily Marco walks back into the room with a cheery smile on his face.

I continue to teach them how to do ballet until six o'clock.

Marco takes me home and I do something I hadn't done in at least a year. I binned most the pictures of Mario and I, any picture that shows I knew him. I obviously kept the group picture that sits on my vanity table.

But I kept only one other picture.

I keep it in a box at the top of my wardrobe along with some precious jewerly that has been given to me from elders in my family and just some baby pictures. 

In this box is a small polaroid picture of Mario and I. I'm pretty sure it's in his house at New Year a few years back. It's just of Mario and I laughing. He's covering his mouth with one hand and touching my arm with the other. I'm just laughing uncontrolably while holding a drink in my hand. I don't know what possessed me to keep this picture but when I was putting them all in the trash, I just couldn't get rid of it.

As I stare at the picture I feel tears come to my eyes so I quicky put the picture away and try my best to get to sleep.

---------------------------------------

"So do you want to go to London with me?" Marco asks and I shurg my shoulders.

"I don't know...do you want me do go to London with you?" I ask in a teasing voice making my brother glare at me.

"Why would I ask you if I didn't want you to come?"

"Because you wanted to be a nice brother to your fucking amazing sister." There is a smug look on my face as I speak to Marco making him shake his head while chuckling.

"Fuck off Lia." He chuckles, "Woud you like to come to London with me so you can come to the Arsnel vs Dortmund game in the Champions League?" He asks and I smile wide and nod.

"I would love to go to London with you. I'm going to look like the best sister ever." 

"I've asked Yvonne if I can take Nico because I haven't seen him in a while and I got him a new Dortmund jersey so I want him to wear it." Marco explains and I nod.

"I guess I'll be a great sister and a great aunt while on this trip." I take a drink of water out of the bottle.

"Oh Yvonne is calling." Marco picks up his phone and holds it to his ear.

While he talks to Yvonne I pick up my phoen and scroll through my Instagram, nmy feed is literally shit so I go onto the popular page. I scroll through the page until a picture that makes me stop and I click onto.

Ann-Kathrin posted a picture of Mario and herself.

Ann-Kathrin is cuddled up nex to Mario and his lips are almost against hers and she is staring into the camera while Mario is looking at her.

I groan and click off the picture and then look back up at Marco who has finished talking to Yvonne.

"She said we can take Nico." He tells me and I smile wide.

"When do we leave?" I ask.

"On Sunday."

"Okay. I can do that. But can I bring some of my practice stuff so I can keep my routine in my head?" I ask and Marco nods.

"Sure, Jurgen will let you practice with us." He smiles.

"I'm so excited." I scream thinking about going to London.

--------------------------

"We're in London!" I shout as we climb into a taxi. The driver laughs, probbaly not understanding what I'm saying. Marco tells her where the hotel is so he nods and starts to drie. I let Nico cuddle in nest to me as the flight was quite long and he seems really tired.

"Are you excited for the game on Tuesday?" Marco asks us and Nico nods, suenly having a burst of energy.

"Yes." He shouts making us laugh.

We arrive at the hotel and Marco puts a now sleeping Nico into a baby bed while I climb into the double bed nearest the window while Marco climbs into the one nearest the front door and we all go to sleep.

It's Monday morning and Marco, Nico and I are all ging to training. Mats said he would take care of Nico while Marco and I practice.

I slip on a pair of three-quarter lenght running leggins with a sports bra and a muscle t-shirt over it. 

I lace up my pointe shoes and start to stretch out my legs before putting my ear buds in and I practice the dance.

I had fun.

The boys are nice and complement the dance. At one point while I was practicing with my back facing the boys, Nuri was behind me, trying his best to copy my dance. Unlucky for him, I had to spin around and kick my leg out so therefore I ended up kicking him in the balls.

It's now Tuesday night and Nico and I are sitting with Mats as we watch the game. Nico is sitting on my lap, wearing his new Reus jersey. Im wear a crop top with a Reus jersey over it that Marco signed for some reason.

"Uncle Marco is winning!" Nico screams making me laugh loudly. 

The game finishes and Dortmund has won.

As we walk out of the stadium, I see a boy, who looks about fifteen or sixteen. He's straing at the jersey at where Marco signed it.

Well I think he's staring thre or he's staring at my non-existent boobs.

I smile and he blushes while smiling.

"Is that Marco Reus' signature?" He asks in a broad cockney accent.

"Yes." I answer in my best english. "Would you like it?" I ask and he nods quickly as his friends around him start to gasp and cheer. I make Nico hold onto my leg as I take off the jersey and hand it to him.

"Thank you so much." He smiles while talking in a haky voice and he quickly stuffs the t-shirt away into his bag.

"You might want to wash it because it might be a little stinky." I explain and he nods quickly. I pick up Nico and go to where Marco said to meet him.

"You did great Uncle Marco!" Nico shouts.

"Thanks Nico."

We arrive back at the hotel and straight away I go in for a shower and climb into bed. I scroll through my Instagram feed.

After a few minutes of scrolling through my feed I get a notification that someone new has followed me. 

I'm not saing that it happens a lot but I never usually check them but I don't know what made me check this one.

I go onto the page and look at see who followed me and I glare.

Mario fucking Götze.

I glare at the screen and go onto options and I hold my finger over the block button.

But something in my mind tells me not to.

I sigh and shut off my phone without blocking Mario and go to sleep as quickly as I can.

---------------------------------

I've said this before.

This book is so different from my other two books that I'm writing.

I've got some big plot twists planned for this book and I'm so excited.

RIP to all of the people who died in the lorry accident in Glasgow a few days ago I was coming home from school when I heard about this.

Please comment, vote and follow me.

love you xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 9 8
โ€žyes i know that he's my ex but cant two people reconnect..?" ~ He pinned me to the wall his hot breath hitting my bear chest goosebump filled neck. ...
22.7K 1.1K 69
Marta leads a quite successful career in marketing. She has great friends and a loving family. She is a happy girl living her life to the fullest. We...
48.2K 1.4K 26
*Just a disclaimer, I wrote this when I was very young and had absolutely no writing skills at all so read at your own discretion. My newer works are...
40.4K 754 32
"๐‚๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๏ฟฝ...