Who Made Me A Princess : Runa...

By -SpeedyPikachu-

a lucas x athy short story! includes lots of fluff, (some hurt/comfort), definitely a tinge of enemies to lov... More

; Important ;
runaway princess ; prologue
runaway princess ; chapter 1
runaway princess ; chapter 2
runaway princess ; chapter 4
runaway princess ; chapter 5
runaway princess ; chapter 6
runaway princess ; chapter 7
runaway princess ; chapter 8
runaway princess ; chapter 9
runaway princess ; i'm sorry :(

runaway princess ; chapter 3

753 17 3
By -SpeedyPikachu-

  *:・゚✧ previously on ; runaway princess

For some reason, her hands could slip right through the ropes as she tried taking the knife away from his hands. But he grabbed on hold to it. "You know, I'm reeeally good at this," he exclaimed, stabbing the knife into the table.

  "I know, I know," she said, trying to take the knife from him. "It's time to do my job!" He was completely drunk, standing up as he pointed the knife towards her.

  And from the outside, a shrill scream could be heard. "Gramps! W-What are you-"

Chapter 3: It's You Again!

The sun shone through the peeks of the curtain as Athy lay on the mat- blanket covering her lower body- and of course, blood stained. "Ow..."

"A-Ah, young lad..." The elderly man who was the 'mage creator' couldn't seem to remember anything at all- except thinking that he had his job done. "Y-You remember what happened last night, right?"

"Y-Yeah...You've got some knife skills, Gramps..." Athy groaned a little, trying to put her deception skills to use. "I have to check if I did it right." Athy's eyes popped wide open as she tried to groan in agony- even if she actually was in pain. She shifted uncomfortably as she meekly showed the blood stain on the blanket, asking to rest.

Little did the man know- she'd stabbed the knife by herself, into her thigh instead. "S-Sorry Gramps! I think I want to rest..."

  "A-Ah, yes. You should get some rest- you won't be able to eat or drink for a day, and you'll be brought to the palace tonight."

It felt like a pity- to not eat for a day? She used to not be able to live without chocolates or cakes for a single morning. "Mhm..." She pulled a puppy-eyed face as she found her way back to lie down.

"I have been wondering, though, why are you calling me Gramps?" The man asked. Athanasia felt as if her cover'd been blown a little, before she blurted out, "I-I'm an orphan, so no one's really treated me nicely before..."

"You don't mind, do you...?"

"I'll call you my grandson anytime," he smiled. Athy could feel her heart warming a little.

   "What a poor boy," the man whispered to himself. "Being sold to the palace is a cruel fate..."

  "Gramps?"

  "Yes, boy?"

  "Actually, could you," her voice was a little weak as she looked to him. "Tell me about the young magician?"

  The elderly man sat beside Athy as he flashed a gentle smile. "Hm...That boy," he reminisced. "He's been through a lot- that's why he really loves his people, even though he doesn't show it," he spoke. Athy couldn't help but feel a little relieved- that she would be in pretty good hands from there. But still, the situation was no good! "I was a mage of the former wizard of the tower," he told.

  "And a few days after her highness, Princess Athanasia was born, my master and I'd found a baby who radiated amazing mana energy- and we could tell he was stronger than any magician we've ever had in the royal court."

  But before the old man could finish his story, Athy had already fallen asleep. Gramps pulled the covers of the blanket to cover her as he stood up. "I know Lucas will be good to him, though."

•••

  "Is there really no way for me to escape?" Athanasia's heart was pounding as she looked into the frail old man's eyes, trying to find an escape. "I'm sorry, boy- I really want to help you, but the palace was notified once those thugs sold you there."

  "They'll hunt you down either way," sent chills down her spine as they stood at the entrance of the mage headquarters, twilight moon shining right to them. "I'm sorry, lad, I really am, but I'm afraid you'll have to be a mage trainee until his majesty grants you a resignation."

  His majesty. Gosh, that brought her bad memories. Of the look in her father's eyes. The coldness, hatred.

  "Be safe," the elderly man patted her head- golden locks tied into a messy bun. "You too, Gramps!" She wanted to cry. She wanted to break down as the old man walked away in a distance. She was all alone. No Lily. No anyone.

  "You're, Athy- the trainee with no surname?"

  The voice intimidated her. It was from a man who looked rather unfriendly, gossipy, perhaps. "Y-Yes." He was wearing a mage uniform, a green uniform- perhaps he was a chief mage or something.

  "Ah, yes. You. Follow me," his tone was bossy. She didn't like him right away. "U-Um, sir, what-"

  "Shut up," the man spoke. It wasn't fear anymore- he was grating on her nerves- but she thought, maybe he was just having a hard day. "Okay."

  "You'll be sleeping here tonight, with the other trainees. Your three tests will be taking place tomorrow- the mentality test, physical test and the written test," he spoke. No, no! She hated tests- except for written tests, she hated any other tests at all!

•••

  A hand slapped over Athy's face as the guy beside her had his arms spread eagled around the whole place. I can't get any sleep here. She could feel herself welling up in tears. She didn't want to be here. She wasn't even a man! She missed Lily so much.

I'm sure you're absolutely happy that I left without a reason...

Even if she'd planned to leave for the palace again, this was never what she would have expected. Being a mage- was it like being a eunuch of the older days? Giving your life to royals...

Athanasia stood up to her feet as she peeked out the door. There would be an escape, somehow!

And so, she snuck out the door, hoping not to be caught as she dodged the guards around the place. It was dark, but she could see with magic.

Not far away, the young magician, Lucas, too, had snuck out. His red eyes shone in the moonlight as he breathed the fresh midnight breeze. His calmness had been interrupted, however. By a small figure who seemed frantic, running around the place.

He squinted his eyes a little, before noticing that the person seemed to be looking for a way out. Lucas hurried his way to the damsel in distress, puzzled. "What are you doing running around at this-"

And so, he noticed- it was a familiar face. "You," he scoffed. Athy flinched as she took a step back, backing against a fall as the boy followed suit, slamming a hand onto the wall behind her. "That uniform..." She tried to recall. A guard! He was wearing a palace guard's uniform! "That uniform," he rebutted.

"I-"

"What are you doing around here at this time?" The red eyed boy asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side. "What are you doing at this time?"

  It seemed like they were talking to a mirror- sending the same exact words back and forth. "You're a palace guard?" Athy had finally broken it.

  "Looks like it," the boy looked to his uniform as he shrugged. "You don't even know what you are," Athanasia did a face palm.

  "But I know what you are," he replied. Athanasia was caught off guard- literally! Being caught sneaking around could seem like treason to them too! "What were you doing-"

  "Errands! T-The chief-"

  "The chief what?" It was that bossy voice again from behind her- the intimidating one from just now. Athanasia slowly turned her head to the man from before, arms crossed as he leaned on one leg against a tree. Crap. She was in real big trouble this time.

  "O-Oh I didn't know you were here, your-"

  The boy hushed the man as he put his fingers to his lips, avoiding Athanasia's gaze. And so, Athanasia's intentions became clear to the boy- this trainee wanted to escape the palace, and of course, he couldn't let this little rascal go. "I'm disappointed in you, Chief Mage."

  "W-What?!" He was indignant, almost fuming with anger. "You're not supposed to overwork the trainees before they take their tests."

  "You, are in big trouble, you rascal! Follow me!" The man stormed away. "Phew- thank you," Athanasia heaved a sigh of relief as she tried walking to the gate again. "I'm afraid I can't let you leave the palace, though."

  His hands clipped onto her shoulders, standing proud with a sinister grin. He noticed how much this 'boy'- or what he thought was a boy looked like a puppy.

  "From today," he spoke, taking a step closer to her. Gosh, he was towering over her.

  "You'll be my palace puppy," his red eyes glowed in the moonlight as he turned her around into the direction of the chief mage. "What're doing, you have a test tomorrow, do you not?" He smirked.

  A royal guard acting this way? Asshole! Was all she could think of. "I'll get back at you for this!"

; A/N ;
oMG i almost forgot today was a friday- BWHAH anyww i hope you liked the chapter 🥺💗👉👈 thank youu soso much again for reading!! <33

till next friday,
ja, matane~
-eru <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.1K 21
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
1.5K 55 3
Looking for some manwha fanfiction one-shots? Like one-shots of 'Who Made Me a Princess' and other amazing manwha? Here's a compilation of them by @A...
8.6K 490 25
Second chances.. Always comes to people who needs them... But.. What's important is... How one uses it.. Her love.. Her trust .. Her affection...
186K 5.9K 39
Everyone thought the first princess died on the guillotine. But in fact, she fooled them all. Now living happily with her husband and three kids, wha...