IYMMF 2 : IF WE NEVER MET 🥀...

By annyeongkeiteu

- If we never met, I wouldn't know what love is - More

If We Never Met
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10

7

4 0 0
By annyeongkeiteu

Their kiss did not let her have a good sleep. It felt wrong and surprisingly right at the same time.

Wrong— because Ben is a married man and she promised she'll never fall in love with her bestfriend.

Right— because, compared to the idea of kissing Dr. John, kissing Ben did not felt like she's cheating on someone.

Kissing him made her feel more relaxed, she's not sure if she liked Ben but she can feel it right through her whole body.

She heard a lot about what it feels like to kiss someone— it's the most amazing feeling, literally. Lights fade out. Sounds fade out. She never truly believed these things then her whole world changed.

It makes her feel alive when she kissed him. It had felt like... homecoming. Like everything that had happened between them when they met had all been programmed. That kiss especially feels that there is an intense chemistry between her and Ben.

They say, when you kiss someone you're connected and attracted to, feels almost spiritual. It is more than a fusion of lips, it is fusion of their souls and desires.

And when their lips join, she feel herself breathing, almost as if she had waited all her life for that moment.

Her arms around his neck, it was like jumping off a cliff in the rain on a windy day— into a beautiful ocean— her heart races, she felt a tremendous rush of excitement.

It's like kissing the man of your dreams on your wedding day, she thought.

Did I really loved him? Because kissing someone you love is unforgettable. Brynn told herself, remembering what happened last night.

Brynn sighed, 'I don't think this is the right time to explain it to Ben.'

She's running out of idea how to deal with Ben after kissing him. She does not answer his calls and texts. What should I say? Do I have to apologize? Or not at all? Did I liked the kiss?

'I don't know what to do anymore,' she breath heavily. 'Lord, it's up to you to see what happens.'

'Why don't you answer my calls? I was worried last night.' Ben said which startled her. She didn't even noticed that he's already outside of his house.

She was quiet, not knowing what to say, not knowing if she can look at his eyes.

'Come in.'

He opened the gate but she was still stunned, she can't move either. It's like something's stopping her to come in because it might be jus a trap.

What if he never let me out? What if he's gonna do something fishy? What if he's wife returned then she found out that I kissed her husband, then she's going to kill me!? I'm so dead!

Ben pulled her inside his house, shen then pretends to be crying and hug Ben. 'Sorry if I kissed you, please don't punish me! I did not mean it, I.. i was drunk! A-and.. I don't know what I was doing. To Ben's wife, if you ever returned or your soul is here, forgive me! Pleaaaaase!?'

Ben chuckled and gently pulled her away, 'She's not dead. She's also not here.'

She still pretends to be crying so that it cannot be too awkward for both of them, 'Okay. Sorry I killed her soul.'

'Forgiven,' Ben said, chuckling.

She awkwardly smiled and peaced-offering sign.

Ben crossed his arms, 'But about the kiss.. I dont know if I can forgive you.'

She slightly beaten his arms and pouted, 'You're so mean to me!'

'What! You kissed me. I'm a guy, Brynn. Even if we're bestfriends, I might never control myself and I'd probably kiss you back if you do that again.'

'Pervertito!' She screamed and beaten him again, but this time, Ben caught her arms.

He moved closer and closer, she subconciously swallowed. 'W-what?'

Is he going to kiss me? her heart is pounding loudly, then closed her eyes.

'Who told you to drink wine?' Ben asked.

Brynn slowly opened her eyes as her face turned reddish.

'Tha...that was just wine!' She defends herself.

'Exactly.' Ben said, crossed-arms. 'That was just wine. Wines are not intoxicating.'

She pouted, 'It's still alcohol!'

'What wine did you drink then?'

'M-moscato d' asti.' She answered.

Ben let out a small laugh, 'Moscato D' Asti? That's lightly sparkiling sweet white from Italy. Did you know that wine only have 5.5% ABV or Alcohol By Volume. Wines which are below 10% ABV are mostly light in body and sweet.

The one that you drink, that is a typival example of light alcohol wines. So it's impossible for you to get drunk out of 5.5% ABV.

You don't even remember, I am a wine expert.'

Be smiled, 'I guess, you were not drunk when you kissed me.'

Her face turned even more reddish. She was quiet.

'Okay. I will not interrogate you about the kiss anymore. I know that my kissable lips is really hard to dislike.' Ben bragged.

She couldn't believe it. She just keeps on beating Ben until she gives up.

'Here, try this.' Ben handed her a glass of wine.

Kinuha niya ito, 'Thanks.'

'That's Spätlese Riesling with 8.5% ABV, it's light sweet German Riesling.' Ben explained, then take a sip on his wine.

'You haven't mentioned to me that you are a wine expert,' she commented.

Ben smiled, 'I used to manage our business.'

'Until now?' she asked.

Umiling ito, 'Not anymore. I was not the one who got the inheritance of winery. It's my elder brother. Kaya lang, he's not into it, ibinenta na lang niya.'

'Why did you let that happen? You seem so fascinated with wines.'

Ben smiled sadly, 'I could have take over the management again, but you know, I realised that what's the point of winery if I cannot manage my marriage well? I also feel bad for my wife.'

'What does the winery have to do with your relationship with your spouse?' kunot-noong tanong niya. 'If she can support you in your dreams, right?'

Ben laughed sarcastically, 'It's hard for her to support me, because it was not my dream with her.

She knows that I've only just managed the winery because it makes me feel like I am still closer to my first love. Then I feel bad for my wife, I realised that there is no reason for me to hold on to this piece of shit if I'd only hurt that one person who never gave up on me.

My wife. She's the only person who did not give up on me. But when I was about to make it up to her, something bad happened. And I think, it was a little too late for me.'

Her heart started to pound loudly again, 'W-what happened?'

'She had an accident.'

'Where is she now?'

'Missing.'

'She's missing!? You said she left.'

'Yes. Kind of. She's still missing because I cannot find her.' Ben said, staring at the ceiling. 'It's because of my negligence. I let that happened to her. I didn't saved her. I put her life in danger. Do you think when she returns, can she forgive me?'

Brynn forced a smile, 'They say when someone truly loves you, no matter what you've done to them, their heart will always have a soft spot for you.'

'And, you are a good man. It's not hard to forgive someone like you. You've got a big heart.' she added, tapping his back.

Ben stared at her eyes, 'What about you? Can you forgive me?'

'And what does forgiveness has to do with me, Ben? We're talking about you and your wife here.' she said.

'What if... You're my wife. And you found out that I was the one who put your life in danger, that I was the reason why you loss your memory. Can your heart still have a soft spot for me?' Ben asked, almost teary-eyed.

She chuckled, 'If I were in your wife's shoes, I'd probably tell you that, where did you get all this courage to ask for my forgiveness even if you are not doing anything to earn it. It's easy to say forgive me but why is it hard to say you're sorry.

When you hurt someone, you don't just say sorry and expect them to act like nothing happened. You see, Ben, forgiveness is a process. In order to earn forgiveness, you have to work hard for it.'

'That's right...' Ben agreed, 'I'll prove myself to you, Brynn.'

'W..what?' nagtatakang tanong niya.

'I told you, just give me a little more time 'til I'm ready then I'll tell you the truth. Let me help you, Brynn. I'll help you get your forgotten memories back. I promise. Whether I or do not have a soft spot in your heart, I'd still do my best to help you...' Ben sincerely stated.

————————————————————————————————————

© APRIL 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10 0 8
"I've never been loved, I've never loved, I don't know how to love. But dammit, Joon-yeong, I want to love you." "..." "..." "That would've been amaz...
If you ever By Nic

Non-Fiction

619 5 17
If everything is different in the first place,
4.4K 180 5
Danny doesn't like being friends with benefit with Nathan and there is nothing he could do about it for one, Nathan is straight or so he says. Feeli...
30.3K 1.9K 9
Tay didn't believe in love at first sight until he set sights on a man he couldn't not love NOTE: please do not repost my work without permission ❗️...