9

“Yes. We arrived here safely last night, how's my son?” he worriedly asked his mom about Jasper, iniwan niya ito sa pangangalaga ng kanyang mommy at daddy.

“Jasper's doing good. How about you and Laikynn?”

“We're okay ma.”

“Have you ever told her?” tanong niyo.

He was quiet for a moment.

He sighed, “Mom. I'm scared. I don't know if I could tell her.”

“Even if you don't want to tell her, you have to. She deserves to know the truth, Ben. I didn't raised you just to keep something from someone. I never raised a liar, anak.” his mom stated. “Whether you lose her or not, tell her everything that she needs to know.”

“Mom, if you only knew, I tried to tell her but something came out of my mouth.” he said, trying to avoid tears to pour out his eyes. “I couldn't tell her that she was my wife, that her name is Laikynn and Brynn is not true. I wanted to tell her badly that I am not just her bestfriend because I'm her husband, but I'm fucking scared. That... the moment she learned that I'm not just her bestfriend, I might forever lose her. ” he sighed, “Do you know that sometimes I don't want to tell her the truth? I'm always having second thoughts, sometimes, I wanted to stay as her bestfriend instead of telling her that I was her husband. I want her to believe that she's really Brynn, that Laikynn would never return. I want her to believe all of my lies, just to make her stay.”

“But I would be such a hypocrite if I don't tell her the things that she needs to know. Mom, this is my last chance to correct my mistake. I won't let this pass. And if she'll hate me, I know for sure she will. But I'd still try my best to tell her... thanks mom, I'll hang up.”

Ben take a deep breath. He turned around and was shocked to see Laikynn standing there and staring blankly.

“W-what are you doing there...” he nervously asked, trying to figure out whether Laikynn heard him or not.

Laikynn was quiet. She stared at the ceiling then back to ther floor, then back to the ceiling again. She's trying to hold her tears and anger at the same time.

“I can explain.” Ben stated, trying to be strong enough.

“So, you knew it all along.” Laikynn sarcastically laughed, “You made me a fool.” she looked at Ben, trying not to cry but tears started to cover her eyes.
“Do you know how hard it is?”

He was quiet.

“Alam mo ba kung gaano kahirap? That even that fucking talk therapy cannot help me find myself, it didn't helped me recover my forgotten memories!” She yelled. “Do you know what I've gone through, those sleepless nights... waking up every morning to find hope because I feel so hopeless! I am so helpless, Ben. How could you... how could you do this to me?”

“Let me explain—”

“Explain?” Laikynn sarcastcally laughed and heavily wiped her tears off, “What for? Do you think I'll still believe you? Do you think I'll fall for another trap? Ben, my whole life is a lie. You knew it all along, but you didn't tell me. I don't think you'd really tell me. Congratulations, you are really good at keeping lies. Congratulations, you're such a scumbag. And congratulations, because, you were a good actor.”

“I was really about to tell you. It's just that...”

“It's jus that, what, Ben. This fucking wedding ring...” Laikynn showed him her right hand, removed the ring from her finger and threw it in his face. “You should never have given that to me. Oh, and this?”