BEYOND DESIRE- (Completed)

By LisaHarithas

She is not just his Desire anymore- she is his desire, insanity, attraction, passion, obsession, his demand t... More

PROLOGUE
PART-I
PART-II
PART- III
PART-IV
PREVIEW FOR PART-V
PART-V
PART-VI (A)
PART VI (B)
PART- VII (A)
PART- VII (B)
PART-VIII (MEGA UPDATE)
PART- IX (A)
PART- IX (B)
INTERLUDE
PART-X
PART- XI
PART- XII
PART- XIII
PART- XIV
PART- XV
PART- XVI
PART- XVII
PRECAP of PART-XVIII
PART- XVIII
PART- XIX
PART XX

PART- XXI (Last Part)

11.8K 563 208
By LisaHarithas

PRESENT TIMELINE

(Continued from last Part)

On their way to the Airport:

Shyam hastened to Khushi's car, and abruptly pulled the rear door open

"My beautiful darling, I love you", the monster repeated with a sinister smile as she froze.

Slowly her lips broke out into a faint smile, "Hey, you caught me by surprise for a second", looking at his slowly changing facial expressions, she chuckled, "You must be the infamous Jha"

Shyam grit his teeth, his fury maddening every second, as he looked around in the car.

"You must be looking for Khushi", Maya taunted, "You, see..." she clicked her tongue, "...Khushi's not here. I came here in her place. You have to adjust with me", Maya laughed out loud

Shyam understood that he was tricked. As he stepped back to find an escape route in the mayhem, Arnav walked close to him dusting his shirt, "Ah, Shyam, sorry you can't leave"

Shyam looked stumped at Arnav. As he noticed the burnt bullet mark on his shirt, Shyam fumed realizing what had happened.

"You didn't expect any one of us to come here without bullet-proof vests, now did you?" Arnav sneered

"Especially since we lured you here?" Sameer completed Arnav's sentence

Assuming Maya to be the weakest link, Shyam captured her with his left arm pressing on her throat and pulled her along, "Let me go, otherwise she dies"

Arnav chortled at his stupidity, "You have no clue about her"

In an unexpected move, Maya disengaged from his hold, and hit him square in his jaw with her right elbow.

Shyam realized he was trapped. Releasing her, Shyam took to running. Having drawn her gun already, Maya shot him straight in both knees. Once Shyam collapsed, she put an additional two bullets in his elbows shattering his major joints.

Shyam collapsed screaming in pain. 

Ignoring him, Sameer walked to Arnav.

"Are you ok sir, back there?" Sameer asked Arnav gesturing to his fall due to Shyam's bullet at his chest. 

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine Sameer", Arnav thanked him, "Just had a bad fall due to the momentum of the bullet"

The rest of the rowdies were soon apprehended by the special team in mufti. 

Arnav felt satisfied at the picture. He had waited for a very long time for this.

"For you Khushi", closing his eyes, Arnav exhaled a deep breath. He was happy about the current state of affairs. They had the devil where they wanted. This was the ultimate revenge against the one who had tortured them day-in and day-out from the past years.

He was reminded of Khushi's panic attacks and his own sleepless nights due to this monster. 

Walking closer to Shyam, Arnav punched him in the jaw, "I told you that you will die before you lay a finger on her...", Arnav emphasized, "...on my wife Khushi"

Shyam looked at Arnav with pure hatred and loathing.

As the officers tried taking Shyam away, he howled in anger and agony. In a sudden maneuver, Shyam pulled the gun from the officer closest to him and shot straight at Arnav's head. Arnav ducked in time. As a response to his attack, Shyam was rewarded with a round of bullets from multiple handguns including Maya's.

The monster finally lay on the dirt, his blood pooling all around, dead.

The ordeal was over. 

Maya stepped closer to Shyam to check his pulse. "He's gone", she confirmed

Sameer sighed in relief, "finally"

Arnav walked to Aman, "We did it Aman"

"Congratulations sir", the loyal Aman smiled, "we don't have to watch our backs anymore"

"Thanks Aman", Arnav hugged his friend. Noticing him wincing, "Are you okay?" he asked looking at Aman's bandaged shoulder

"I am fine. The bullet just grazed me sir", Aman replied, "it's not lodged inside"

"My men will take Aman to the hospital", Sameer told them. 

As Aman's stretcher was gently loaded into the ambulance, Arnav patted his friend on his arm, "Take care Aman. I will see you in the hospital"

Sameer walked to Maya, "Thanks Maya... I mean Ex-Special officer Willis"

"You are welcome Sameer", Maya smiled a heart-warming smile

"Yes, thanks Maya", Arnav spoke genuinely, "I really appreciate you taking the risk in the place of Khushi"

"I'm glad it all worked out well ASR", Maya replied, "I will handle the situation here"

Shaking her hands again, Arnav and Sameer left to RM

An hour later at RM:

Khushi and Dadi were anxiously waiting for Arnav to get back.

As they heard the gates open, and Arnav's black Bentley pulled in, Khushi rushed into the garden near the driveway.

"Arnavji?" Khushi rushed to him, a million questions in her beautiful eyes

Arnav shook his head with mock gravity, "we missed him Khushi"

"What?" Khushi inhaled a deep breath

Arnav winked at Sameer. Nothing gave him up except a slight tilting of his upper lip

Sameer smiled at the duo and walked into RM

"Arnavji, what do we do now? And where is Maya?"

Arnav pulled her close and kissed her hard on the cheek in full view of his security personnel

Khushi gasped as she pulled herself back. Lowering her head, she took a step back away from him, as her cheeks turned a rosy hue. 

Extending his left hand, Arnav snaked around her waist, "Let's go in baby" 

Khushi couldn't agree more.

They walked into the family room to see Sameer giving the details to Dadi.

"Khushi", Dadi was so excited that she didn't sound like herself at all, "He's gone, can you believe it?"

Khushi was stunned. Her palm flew to her mouth, and she looked at Arnav right away, "Is that true?"

"You didn't tell her yet?" Dadi was surprised

Arnav smiled at them both

"You were messing with me out there", Khushi complained 

"Sameerji", Khushi said very irritated, "tell me the truth, I don't believe your boss anymore"

"He is gone Mam", Sameer smiled, "For good"

"Meaning?" Khushi's heart was thudding in her ribcage 

Walking closer to Khushi, Arnav pushed her shoulders & made her sit on the couch. Bending on one knee, he grabbed Khushi's palm in his, and spoke with love shining in his eyes, "He is gone Khushi. The monster is dead"

Khushi sat stupefied for a second and then burst into tears. She cried tears of joy...of relief... of peace...of solace... of tranquility

"Shh Khushi..." Arnav calmed her, rubbing her back to ease her sobs

"You...you are sure, right?" she was still not completely convinced

"One hundred percent", Arnav reassured his love, "the nightmare is over...once and for all"

Dadi looked very pleased, "Sameer, as my grandson is busy with his wife", she teased her grandchildren, "can you please tell us in detail what happened out there?"

Sameer laughed, "Sure Mrs.Raizada"

As they recounted the incident thoroughly, Khushi asked questions... and more questions. 

Arnav had his hand still wrapped around Khushi's as Roma brought them all snacks and beverages.

"Will Amanji be okay?" Khushi asked worried

"He didn't lose much blood, don't worry", her husband consoled her, sipping his coffee "we will go see him in the hospital later"

She nodded, "What about Maya?"

Sameer smiled, "Mam, Maya is an ex NSG- National Security Guard, a part of Special Forces. She is extremely well-trained. She has been in multiple situations like this before. That is the reason why I requested her on Shyam's case"

"She was one of the officers that put bullets into the bastard", Arnav swore with immense satisfaction.

"That was a great plan", Dadi complimented them both, "smoothly taking Maya in Khushi's place"

"Mam- he was always attacking us on his terms; hence this time, we planned his attack on our terms. Because of the restraining order and murder charges on him, he can't get his passport. We pushed him harder to act fast by bringing in this drama of international travel. Since he was also very desperate, we realized that it's possibly the best choice he has got before he assumes that Sir & Mam leave the country"

"I agree"

"But Arnavji, why didn't you tell us the plan?" Khushi asked

"Because we were worried that the house was bugged"

"Was it?" Now Dadi was stumped

"I don't think so", Arnav spoke this time, "This was a fool-proof plan and we couldn't take any chances" "Don't worry. I will be calling Anti-bug professionals to have a thorough sweep of the house tomorrow anyways"

Everyone stayed silent for a while.

"Arnavji", Khushi suddenly remembered something, "how was he able to track me down?"

Sameer & Arnav shared a look. Arnav didn't want to answer that.

"Arnav, why are you silent?" Dadi pressed again

"Shyam had multiple accomplices at different times", Arnav started in a chronological order, "Shyam's uncle acted as an accomplice for a while when he was searching for Khushi. But his uncle got cold feet when he realized that Shyam had murdered people before. I am taking about the murders of Khushi's cousin- Rajesh and the others that Shyam committed when Khushi was traveling for her sister's engagement from Nainital to Chandausi"

"That's probably why Shyam disposed of his uncle. But he used his uncle's bank account regularly. That was how we were actually able to trace him", Sameer added

"Then, he went back to Nainital. From there he traced Khushi to Tech Designs- the company that Khushi worked for in Bombay, for a while. He bribed security there and got Khushi's parents address in Nagpur, the Vade's"

"The gas incident at Nagpur?"

"I am coming to that Khushi", Arnav answered his wife, "he paid the delivery guy who changed their gas cylinder to poke holes in the tube. Luckily Vanitha Ma smelt the gas and they were saved"

"Is that how you were able to trace his movements?" Dadi asked Sameer

"Actually no Mam", Sameer shook his head, "Everyone of those were dead ends. He knew well to cover up his tracks. Once he used them, he would dispose of them in order to hide the evidence"

Khushi gasped, "You mean - he killed them?"

"Yes"

Khushi looked horrified.

"If he had to deal with people directly, then he would kill them after the job is done. He only spared those that had not seen his face- those that received instructions from him on phone. Like the couple that acted like Guptas here- since they hadn't seen his face, they were spared"

Sameer continued, "one of our security at AR was bribed by him. That is how he was able to enter AR and set the jammer when we were in the meeting. That guy was killed by him"

"Sameer, remember the last time when we had the discussion, we were thinking if any of your men was being dishonest?" Dadi reminded him, "Were any of them teaming with Shyam?"

"No Dadi, none of them were", Arnav answered for Sameer, "but a couple of them were bugged. They didn't know"

"How?"

"Shyam had tapped into their phones. That is actually how he followed your track to Nagpur and then to Bombay. If we had not acted on time, he would have attacked and abducted Khushi", Arnav spoke with a disturbed tone

Khushi ran her fingers gently on his palm, "It's over Arnavji"

"It definitely has, Khushi", Arnav leaned and kissed on her hair gently

"How did he even know that I was alive in the land slide? Everybody believed that I was dead. And how did he then track me from Nainital to Nagpur?"

That was the question that Arnav was dreading. He inhaled slow and deep, "it was your sister- Payal"

"What?" Khushi shook her head, releasing her hand from his, "Arnavji- you are wrong. Jiji can never do that. You are mistaken...you are...", her voice trailed off

"I am sorry Khushi, but that is the truth", Arnav cajoled her softly, as if speaking to a child. He knew her heart would be breaking. He had desperately tried to steer clear of this particular part of the conversation, but he couldn't avoid it now.

"Do you know that Payal is married?", Arnav started carefully, "That is the engagement for which you were going when Shyam caused the rock slide and attacked you. Within a couple of months after the accident, Payal was married off to that guy from Chandausi. Six months ago, Shyam kidnapped her husband and tortured him. She was forced to give him some information"

Arnav gave Khushi a few minutes to assimilate the facts. He slowly ran his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, "Khushi, sweetheart, her husband was kidnapped. But she went off the script multiple times and called & warned me. She dropped me hints so I could stay ahead of Shyam in tracking you"

"Your parents- the Guptas did not give her all the information that the Vades gave them. Hence Payal didn't know for a long time where you were or what your last name was"

Arnav looked at Khushi, "But khushi, I am amazed at how Vades only gave very basic information to Guptas. They didn't tell Guptas about Arvin, nor the place where you were- neither the city nor the company"

"That's why he didn't know about Arvin"

"Exactly"

"How is...uh... Payal's husband now?" Arnav noticed that Khushi didn't call her Jiji

"He is okay Mam", Sameer answered, "he has broken bones; is severely malnourished and has been sedated on drugs from the last six months. After Shyam moved here to Delhi, our men found him and shifted him to a hospital in Moradabad. It is around 50km north of Chandausi. Your parents and sister are in the hospital with him as we speak"

"Khushi, I know you are very hurt. But do you want to connect with the Guptas?"

"Not now Arnavji", Khushi voice choked, "I...I can't see her yet..Payal..I can't.."

"I understand baby, and I am with you every step of the way.."

"I... understand that she was trying to save her husband. Maybe I would have done the same if I was in her place or maybe not...but...she has seen my panic attacks before...she knows how scared I was of him. Yet, she betrayed me"

"I understand Khushi", Arnav pulled her closer, "like I said, I will support whatever decision you make"

"Mam", Sameer interrupted mildly, "she now knows through our men in Moradabad that Shyam is dead. Just wanted to let you know..."

"Thanks Sameerji"

Dadi slowly sat down on the other side of Khushi.

"Khushi beta, I understand your feelings well. I will not ask you to forgive her. Let's see what she has got to say. We will take it from there. As of now, I do not want to eclipse this day of victory with pain and negativity", Dadi tenderly turned Khushi towards her, "Today is the day we crushed the obstacles in the path of your and Arnav's life. We won. I am ecstatic that you will be starting your married life with him soon. You have no idea how eagerly I am waiting to invite you into this house as the Raizada Bahu and announce you proudly to the world as my grandson's wife"

The magic words had their effect. Khushi smiled.

As Roma brought the little bundle of joy to his family, Khushi took him eagerly into her arms.

"There you go", Dadi cooed at the baby, "...And I can't wait to introduce him as the Raizada heir- Arvin Singh Raizada", she smiled proudly

"ASR again", Sameer quipped comically

Everyone burst out laughing.

"Need to call the pundit now", Dadi's sudden change of subject surprised Arnav

Looking at Arnav's questioning face, Dadi picked on him, "Time for the wedding...unless... you want Khushi to stay in a different room... for some more time...", she raised her eyebrows at Khushi as she blushed red

"Ah...about that...", Arnav scratched his head with his index finger, "the sooner...the better"

A laughing Dadi called Anjali to inform her of the impending wedding. After a second, they could hear loud screams of excitement from Anjali's side.

"Sounds like a yes from Di's side", Arnav winked at Khushi

"It sure does", Khushi agreed laughing

"Sameer- you must attend the wedding. Aman & you are the most important guests for me", Arnav invited them in his own style

"Thanks ASR", Sameer smiled, "Will definitely be there. Couldn't miss it for the world"

In an unexpected move, Arnav stood up and hugged Sameer, "Thanks Sameer"

Sameer spoke in jest, "This is indeed an amazing day sir. It's not everyday that one can get a hug from ASR"

As a smiling Arnav shook his head and turned around, Sameer took their leave, and stepped out of RM.

Arnav walked to Khushi as she was responding enthusiastically to their baby's gurgles.

Kissing his wife deeply on her forehead, Arnav looked at his beloved, fondly, "Sweetheart, I love you"

"I love you too Arnavji"

************************ fin ***************************

Comments please....

We have reached the end of this story now....I haven't thought of an epilogue yet, but when I do, I may come back for it. If you have any specific ideas for epilogue, do let me know! As of now, I will be focussed on my other stories...

Thanks for staying with me on this trek....I truly appreciate your interactions that inspired and pushed me to finish this journey....

Stay safe dear ones....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 7.6K 17
A rewrite of the show IPKKND. Arnav was not kidnapped from the airport. How does Khushi try to prove her innocence? How does Arnav find out the truth...
47.1K 3.3K 21
Anubhav is madly in love with Haseena. She also loves him back. But What happens when his love itself becomes a nightmare for her.. Anubhav's love fo...
38.2K 5.6K 33
They say love brings happiness in your life. But what if it turns into obsession (सनक)??
219K 13.9K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.