I am The Heiress and I Hate It

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Aleandria Monroe is a pretty simple girl. Living on her own since her parents' death and working on an ice cr... More

I am The Heiress and I Hate It
Chapter 1: Expect the unexpected
Chapter 2: Living in a mansion with a kind flirt and an annoying arrogant player
Chapter 3: They are the school's 'It' boys. No wonder.....
Chapter 4 - A date in the carnival
Chapter 5 - Bringing back what we had before
Chapter 6 - Behind the curtains of cockiness lies sadness
Chapter 7 - Operation HDK: Help Darren Knight
Chapter 8 - I can balance a tray but not books!
Chapter 9 - I am the heiress
Chapter 10 - Stuck in the moment
Chapter 11 - I just discovered something!
Chapter 12 - Are you ignoring me?
Chapter 13 - Little kid in the mansion
Chapter 14 - Friends
Chapter 15 - I don't like you
Chapter 16 - He's an ass, but I like him anyway
Chapter 17 - "Happy holidays!" , more like, "Happy HELLidays"
Chapter 18 - Merry Christmas!
Chapter 19 - Darren, Me and the unexpected kidnapper
Chapter 20 - Is this goodbye?
One - shot contest!
Chapter 21 - Can't lose him
Chapter 22 - Promise
Chapter 23 - Boyfriend
Chapter 24 - British Twins
Chapter 25 - Trust Issues
Chapter 26 - The Wrong Turn
Chapter 27 - The Wilderness
Chapter 28 - Perfect Two
Epilogue
An Author's Note
Sequel
Dangerous
I need your Favor!
Bonus Content Part Two: Our Happily Ever After

Bonus Content: Are you sure?

2K 45 2
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Bonus Content of I am the Heiress and I hate It

Bonus Content: Are you sure?

"Lea, are you sure you're alright?" Veronica, my friend, asked me.

We're studying for our semestral exam. Oh dear, after the spring break, another semester awaits.

"Yeah. It's just that, I think I ate something really bad this morning." I answered, feeling nauseous again. I stood up from the floor of my dorm room and ran to the bathroom in the hallway. I threw up on the nearest stall... again.

"You're definitely not fine. When was your last period?" Veronica asked.

That caught me off guard. Of course it isn't just a stomach flu. If it was, the medicine I took this morning would have worked already. I instantly turned as pale as a paper.

"You - you and Darren used condoms, right?" She asked.

I sighed in relief. My period is just late. Darren and I used - Shit. Two weeks ago, at his fraternity party. We did it and... I think I didn't hear him tearing a pack.

"Veronica, what am I going to do?" I asked, panic dripping in my voice.

"Uh... First, we have to get you a test. Second, tell Darren. That's if it came out positive. Third... Uh... Plan a name for your baby!" She said, sounding giddy at the last option.

I slammed my face in my hands. "Gosh, we're only twenty - one. I knew I should've waited 'til we get married."

Veronica laughed. "Lea, with a hot boyfriend like Darren, it is impossible to stay a virgin before your wedding."

She's probably right. The first time we did it was when we were freshmen in college. It was Christmas and the atmosphere was perfect for it. So we just did it.

"But what would he say? I know Darren. He hates responsibilities! Taking care of his younger sibling is already a very hard task for him. Let alone having a child of his own!" I said, tears started forming in my eyes.

"Aleandria Monroe, stop overthinking! I'm sure if Darren really loves you, he will be there by your side." Veronica said.

Be optimistic Lea. What the hell is wrong with you? You've been very optimistic most of your life. Think about it, a little child will start walking with you in the park. It's a baby for crying out loud! And you adore kids.

"Yeah. Let's go get Lizzie and Tarah at the library. I think we might stop by the local pharmacy." I said, standing up from the cold tiles.

-----------------------------

"What did it say? Am I going to be an aunt?" Lizzie said, trying to look over my hands.

I stayed paralyzed and tears ran down my face. I'm going to be a mom. The idea is alright with me. But what if Darren doesn't like it? What am I going to do?

"I have to tell Darren." I said.

I called Darren and asked him to meet me at the cafeteria in ten minutes. His frat house is just five minutes away. I put on his blue hoodie and went down.

I waited for like, fifteen minutes. Why is he late? He's never late when I ask him to meet me. Is this it? Did he sense that I'm pregnant and he'll leave me? We still have a year in college. Clearly, we're both legal enough to start a family. But... Knowing him, he's still a bit immature. Yes, he did man up over the years compared to High School. He's been more studious. Thus, college parties still stunned him.

After a minute, he finally came. He kissed my forehead then sat across from me.

"We've only been together this morning. You miss me already?" He said, then grinned at me.

I gave him a small smile. "There's... something I have to tell you..."

This is it. They'll kick me out of Gates if they found out. My college days are over. We did not attend NYU after all. Just the local college but it is still a good school. It isn't one of the Ivy League schools. Something I'm glad of. Because if it is, they'll probably kick me out. Then, maybe the dean can kick me out.

"What is it?" He asked, worry playing on his face. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm -" I got cut off by a shrill annoying voice.

"Darren!"

Hannah Schneider. Gosh, I hate her. She's been trying to hit on Darren for the longest time I can remember.

"Hannah," He said, politely smiling at her. Then he nervously glanced at me.

I glared at him, internally asking him to make her leave.

"I had fun last night at the party. Too bad Lea isn't part of any sorority that's why she couldn't attend." She said.

Go on, bitch. Rub it in my face that you are throwing one of those "rocking" Greek system parties.

"And," She evilly glanced at me. "I love the taste of that cocktail on my lips." Then she winked at him and showed us a picture of them kissing.

My blood boiled inside of me. I felt my stomach clench. Dammit, I'm mad. Not because he cheated on me. In three years that we've been together he cheated on me. How dare he? I'm going to kill him. He did not just hurt me but also my baby!

"Lea... It's not what you think it is." He tried to reason out.

"Really? Oh Darren, why didn't you invite me to that party? Wait. I forgot I'm not a pathetic, slutty, sorority bitch!" I yelled at him then left the deserted cafeteria.

I was crying madly. I didn't even get to tell him that I'm pregnant. With his baby! My baby. He or she will be fatherless. I don't want my life to end up like those silly pregnancy movies wherein I have to raise my child alone or put it up for adoption. Gosh, Veronica was wrong. Darren doesn't love me enough.

"Lea! Wait! I can explain!" I heard him scream while running after me. He grabbed by arm and spun me around. "Let me explain. Please..."

He looked hurt. But then, back in high school I gave him a second chance. When he cheated on me with that british girl. No more chances Mr. Knight.

"Explain what? How you love getting under girls' pants? You weren't contented with me that you have to seek another girl? You are so pathetic! Here I am thinking that you've changed. But man, was I wrong. I swear to our unborn baby that I will make your life miserable!" I screamed at him.

That caught him off guard. He looked surprised. "Unborn baby?"

I fumbled over my jean pocket for the pregnancy test stick. I threw it at him hitting his head perfectly. "Yes! I was going to tell you that I'm pregnant. This is not how I pictured my life would be." I cried harder.

He picked up the test from the ground and stared at it. He looked confused and lost. "Are you sure?"

"I took ten tests Darren! They all came out positive. Now I'm just waiting for the call of the hospital about the result of that test I took there." I said, angrily yelling at him.

"Shit, Lea, I-" He ran his hand through his hair, nervously I might add.

My phone rang inside my pocket. I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hi. I'm Dr. Tames from St. George's Medical Hospital. Is this Miss Monroe?"

"Yes, it is."

"Congratulations, you're pregnant."

I cried even harder this time. I really am pregnant and my boyfriend cheated on me. He also thinks I'm lying. Great, just great.

"Are you alright, dear?" She asked.

"Yes. Tears of joy. Thank you Dr. Tames."

I hung up and stared at Darren who is still looking at the pregnancy stick as if it holds his life. Right, it does hold his life.

"You're... pregnant." He said in a whisper.

"Yeah. And you cheated on me." I said, then ran away from him.

----------------

"Lea! Open the door. Come on. I said I was sorry! Lea!" He banged on the door.

He had been banging on my door for an hour. Being the unforgiving lady that I am, I did not open it. He deserves it anyway. Besides, I don't even know if I'll forgive him. He cheated on me. Twice. Will I still give him another chance? How can I forgive someone who repeatedly hurt me?

"I did not cheat on you. I didn't even kiss her back. She just kissed me and then took a picture then left. It was so fast that I didn't have the chance to react. It looks like as if I'm pulling her closer, right? But I was pushing her away. If you don't believe me, I don't blame you. After all, I'm a douche bag. An ass, a jerk, a man - whore, everything you'd like to call me. It's alright. I deserve it. I don't deserve another chance. Most of all, I don't deserve a beautiful girl like you. But I want you to know that I love you and -"

"Mr. Knight! That's enough. Visiting hours are over." Mrs. Stone, the lady in charge of this dorm, yelled.

"Give me a minute Mrs. Stone!" He yelled back.

I tried to contain my laughter. He had said that for five times already.

"Continuing, I want you to know that I love you and our unborn baby. I can't live without you. This may sound like a load of bullshit, but I won't get tired saying that I love you. Please, please forgive me for being so darn in love with you." He said.

I was crying again. How can he do this to me? Gosh, no matter how hard I try to stay mad at him, I keep on falling back to him. I'm madly in love. And it's crazy.

"Are we going to forgive Daddy, baby?" I asked my stomach.

At that exact moment, my stomach churned making me jump out of my bed and into the bathroom. I ran past my Darren who is sitting outside my door head on his knees. When I opened my door, his head bobbed up. His blond hair a complete and utter mess.

Inside the bathroom, I threw up the contents of my stomach. I felt a pair of hands holding my hair and his other hand running up and down my back. After wiping my mouth with a tissue, I went over to the sink and washed my hands.

"I'm sorry." He said, then looked down.

I stared at him through the mirror. That crestfallen look again. Typical Darren Knight. Gosh, we've been together for almost three years. I wiped my hands then went back to my room. I don't know if he followed. But when I'm inside my room, a knock came.

I opened it and Darren went in. "Am I forgiven yet?"

I glared at him and jumped into my bed. He laid down beside me on my bed. "I take that as a no."

He placed his hand on my stomach. "Hi baby. I'm your asshole of a dad. Your mom won't forgive me and I think I deserve it. But you're going to forgive me, right?"

"He can't hear you yet. I'm just three weeks pregnant." I said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Right. And he? I want a girl." He said.

"But I'm your girl." I argued.

"Hmmm... But I want another girl. Plus, don't you want a baby girl?"

Ponytails, ribbons, and cute dresses. "I do."

"Marry me." He said.

I looked at him. In his hands is a silver ring with a huge diamond between two other small diamonds.

"What the hell? If this is your way of winning me over, you're a dick -"

He shut me off with a kiss. "I love you. I actually planned this for a while. Even prepared my brothers for a grand proposal tonight. But it seems like I'm not the only one who has a surprise. And then Hannah came up. Holy cow, I'm screwed."

"Your frat brothers' know about what happened yet?"

"No."

"Meet me downstairs in thirty minutes and propose to me again. Forget about what happened today. Baby and I forgive you." I stole a kiss from him and kicked him out of my room before he can even process what's happening.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I missed writing about Darren and Lea, I decided to write this! And I hope you liked it. Also, I forgot to mention at the epilogue that Avery got conceived when they were twenty - one almost twenty - two. Lea gave birth on December when they're already twenty - two. Yeah. Next update is bonus content part two!

Vomment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 26 11
Beautiful Anna Prescott got her heart broken by her boyfriend of 5 years who decided he didn't love her anymore and was going to marry his childhood...
23.9K 1.1K 22
Whoever said falling in love was a piece of cake had never been pricked by its thorn. Ella made it into a culinary school in Paris and is one step aw...
17.6K 1.5K 45
Both parents missing, lied to, threatened and she thought her life couldn't get any worse. Falling for someone is hard but when it came to him it was...
3.2K 416 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...