The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 20

89 9 3
By escapedrealities

I thought the ride back home would calm me down, but instead, it did the complete opposite.

I imagined punching and kicking Emma, throwing her down from a cliff, drowning her in an ocean, chocking her with my own bare hands, and all different ways to harm her. I always used to feel relaxed after letting my imagination run wild.

But as  it did the opposite today, I was even more infuriated than before.

I luckily didn't run into Susan or Aunt Judy as I made my way to my room.
Unknowingly, I slammed my door shut and walked right to my bed.

The only way I know to take my anger out after my first trick of letting my imagination run wild is screaming.

I rarely needed to do it because the first way almost always worked.

I buried my face into the pillow and prepared to scream.

"Hey, I made you a sandw- Woah Violet !"

The moment I let the scream out of my throat, Harry walked in the room.

He must have heard the muffled version but it was still pretty loud.

I felt my throat turning scratchy as I finished.

Now that did the job.

"Violet, what's wrong?" Harry started panicking.

He quickly put the plate on the nightstand and sat next to me. His palm resting on my back as he rubbed comforting circles on it.
I  noticed that he was wearing a black button down shirt today, the top few buttons were open. His collarbones were slightly visible from the shirt. How can someone make their collarbones look so attractive ?

"I was angry," I say in a scratchy tone,  feeling the pain in my throat.
My hand instinctively went and rubbed my neck.

"But why did you scream ? You could have just took deep breathes or ran a shower."

Oh.

"I couldn't think of anything else," I said, wincing at the last part.

"Okay, now I need you to stop speaking. Just give me five minutes, I'll heat you some water." He said, still rubbing my back softly.

I nodded.

He stood up and opened a small cabinet beside the mini fridge and took out an electric kettle.

In less than 2 minutes, he warmed the water and poured it in a glass.

"Drink this, you'll feel better."

It did feel very pleasing to my throat.

"Thank you, Harry."

"Don't mention it, love. Now do you want to talk about it?" He sat on the ground on his knees, facing me. I put the glass on night stand and look at his face.
It was oddly comforting to look at his face.

He put his hands over mine, as if saying 'I am here with you.'

So I told him.

I said everything starting from the day I met Zayn and Emma intruded, showing that video to this day, when Emma showed both of the videos.

I feel myself getting worked up again as I recall it all.

I also notice how all this while, Harry had a neutral expression on his face. His hands were still holding mine, rubbing my knuckles in a calming motion.

I soon realised that I shouldn't have said this. He will take it all on himself.

"There's no way anyone needs to mendle in my life like that." I finished, trying to put spotlight on Emma's work than on Harry's invisibility.

"Calm down, Violet. You need to stop over thinking." He said in the same soothing tone he has been using all this time.

"I am not over thinking, Harry. She needs to know that I am not going to let her walk all over me." I was angrier now that he tried to stop me saying I am over thinking and suggesting I might be over reacting.

"I know, sweetheart. And that's why you will never talk or acknowledge me out of this house ever again."

I stared at him in shock.

No, we don't have to adjust because of her.

I didn't say it out loud because I knew it was not correct. Harry was invisible and only I could see him.

Ofcourse no one will believe me. Infact, they will start believing I am crazy or mentally unstable.

"I don't like it," I say instead, and instantly realise how helpless Harry would feel because of it.

Damn, can't I shut my mouth for a moment ?

"Come on, leave it aside, I made you a sandwich. Do you want to eat it?" He glanced at the plate resting on the night stand.

"Yeah, I never deny a sandwich." I grabbed the plate.
From the looks, I could say that I would love it.

"Except that one time when I dropped it on your bed." He smirked, getting up and walking to the couch.

Meanwhile, I decided to eat instead of giving any answer to him.

My eyes widened as soon as I took one bite.

"Wow Harry," is all I could say. This sandwich is the best of best sandwiches of this world. It was three layered. I might get physically addicted to this sandwich.

He had a permanent smirk plastered on his face as he picked up his book.

He started walking towarda the closet  but suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Wanna see a secret ?" He turned around to face me as he asked.

"Sure," I say, my mouth filled with food.

"Follow me,"

I grabbed one last piece of sandwich and followed him as he started walking towards the closet.

He sneaked his hand behind the closet, I think he was trying to find a switch.

"Turn around." He smirked excitedly at me.

"Oh fu-" I close my mouth and stare at a beautiful round staircase that has suddenly popped down out of nowhere.

"Come on," he walked ahead of me and started climbing up.

I would have started having second thoughts if I had reconsidered. So without thinking, I followed him.

The staircase lead us up to the ceiling. We entered a room at the top. It was like a secret room.

"Welcome to my room, Violet." He said, lifting both of his arms up in air and turning around to look at me.

I was shocked and completely in awe of this room.

One of the wall was filled with books, all metal binded. It was like an ancint library here. I forgot to even look at anything else once my eyes landed on the bookshelf.

It reminded me of the library scene in the beauty and the beast movie.

"Wow" my voice came out as just a whisper.

"What are you thinking?" Harry's voice brought me back from my trance to reality.

"It's.. it's -" I couldn't think of a single word that could describe this heavenly room.

My eyes wandered elsewhere in the room instead of the bookwall.

The entire room was painted in royal blue and the lightest shade of grey.
There was a huge king sized bed in the middle, two elegant lamps on either side of it.
This room even had a television, and on the opposite wall of bookshelf, there was a long counter. On top of it, were designer open shelves. A guitar was resting on one of the shelves. The counter even had a small induction stove on it.

It was smaller than my room, but it was completely cozy. And it actually reflected Harry's aura.

"Wow, Harry." I finally looked back at Harry, still in a trance.

"It's a secret room. The goverment broke down almost three fourth of the palace, but this particular part was just refurnished. The workers didn't find this secret room, so it has been the same for last two centuries." He explained, looking around the place.

I was so enchanted by the beauty of this room that I forgot all my worries and troubles in that moment.

I think that was the exact intention of Harry.

______________________________________

I love it so much when British people call someone 'love', it's so heart warming ! 💕💕

I am imagining a tattoo-less Harry in this book. I know his tattoos are literally a part of him and it makes Harry who he is as a person, but I think it would go with the story line if he is without tattoo. But you are free to imagine him anyway you want.

What do you think of this chapter?  Do tell me in comments.
And give it a vote if you liked this chapter 😊.

Sincerely,
Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
2M 63.2K 43
Terribly shy Nerdy Quiet But full of secrets Yeah that's me, Melissa King Silent Smart Badass With nothing to hide That's him, Zach Matthews As you c...
635K 38.9K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
676K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...