Zuko/Sokka x Reader - One sho...

By justjoli

A book of one shots starring Zuko or Sokka. Read chapter 'Important' for a general warning regarding my writ... More

Important
Home - Zuko
First Payment - Zuko
Zuko x BloodBender!Reader
Demons - Sokka x Depressed!Reader [Modern]
Fire - Sokka x Firebender!Reader
Invasion: Part Two to Fire - Sokka x Firebender!Reader
Full Moon - Sokka x Waterbender!Reader
Competition - Zuko x Reader
Dinner: Part Two to Competition - Zuko x Reader
Final: Part 3 to Competition - Zuko x Reader
Lovers - Sokka x Reader
On Fire (Lovers Part 2) - Sokka x Reader
Home is where the heart is - Sokka x Reader
Island girl - Sokka x Waterbender!Reader
Protect you - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader
Pregnant travels (Protect you: Part 2) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader
Parenting (Protect You: Part 3) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader
Nightmares - Zuko x Reader
Ba Sing Se (Part 1) - Zuko x Reader
Revelation (Ba Sing Se: Part 2) - Zuko x Reader
Prison (Ba Sing Se: Part 3) - Zuko x Reader
Finally free (Ba Sing Se: Part 4) - Zuko x Reader
"Not the last airbender" - Sokka x Airbender!Reader
Zuko x Servant!Reader - Untitled :)
Not just royalty - Zuko x MaintenanceWorker!Reader
Helpless? Not so much. - Zuko x Blind!Reader
Growing Feelings - Sokka x Reader
No Strangers - Zuko x Firebender!Reader
All Seasons Round 1/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader
All Seasons Round 2/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader
Suicide Hotlines
The promise of a kiss - Sokka x Neutral!Stutter!Reader

All Seasons Round 3/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader

2.1K 69 7
By justjoli

Warnings: happy ending, meh-written ending

If you're dealing with any mental health issues, it's okay to seek help. In the chapter titled 'suicide hotlines' of this book you can find a list of suicide crisis lines across the world. 

Final part to this mini series. Again, the idea for this came from a request by: @crxstxllxzxd. I hope you all enjoy this.

Let me know if you'd like me to add a recap at te beginning of this chapter for those of you that didn't read the other two parts because of the warnings. Or maybe all you need to know is that originally reader was Zuko's therapist but the treatment didn't work out too well, since Zuko didn't want therapy in the first place and looked at Y/N in a romantic way. He left early during a session, accidentally slipping he had a crush on Y/N.

I suck at summaries.

--------

He didn't come back after that. The following month you kept the weekly hour you'd usually spent with Zuko free of any appointments, waiting in your office just in case he'd show up, but he never did. You had started investing more of your time in studying methods of treating younger children and teenagers, considering whatever you had tried with Zuko hadn't worked out and you wished to improve yourself both on a personal and a professional level.

By now your parents knew what happened with your young patient, but for some reason they weren't as hard on you as you had expected them to be. Instead they told you sometimes the patient and therapist don't match and the best thing you could've, and should've, done was help him find someone he would match with.

You weren't sure if that really was the thing that went wrong between Zuko and you, considering you really cared for the boy and enjoyed spending time with him. And based on his outburst in your office, he had too. You figured that must've been the worst part of it, neither one of you saw the other the way they should've in a professional therapeutic relationship and that was why the treatment hadn't worked out. The blame for this still was mostly on you though.

But blaming and pointing fingers at this point of time didn't matter anymore, Zuko was gone from your life and there was nothing you could do about it. You just genuinely hoped he would find someone who would give him the treatment he needed and deserved.

Winter passed rather uneventfully, your workload increasing as you started a new treatment with a younger child. Your new knowledge and insights were helping you much better this time around, staying more aware of your own feelings along the process. It turned out to be a success for both your patient and yourself.

Zuko never left your mind and as spring came around you found your eyes wandering through your window again, looking at the first bright rays of sunshine, the blossoms on the tree and the paths you used to walk with him. These scenes quickly became so enticing you couldn't help yourself but wander outside whenever you had a free moment or studied.

One particular day when you were feeling a bit down yourself and in need of reliving the memories you had made with Zuko, you found your feet taking you to the usual hidden spot in the park where you and Zuko spent a lot of time during the previous summer.

It wasn't until you were near the open space that you realized there was someone else there. A very specific boy with messy dark hair and beautiful amber eyes.

Upon the sight of him your heartbeat increased, immediately recognizing his posture and features even if all you could really see was his backside. Your palms became sweaty and you were lost for words, your mind racing at the possibilities laid out for you. You could of course face him, which with your background would probably be the most reasonable thing to do. But it was Zuko, the boy you obviously developed a crush on during his therapy with you and whom had broken the contact between the two of you rather abruptly.

Against all your instincts of fleeing the situation you were about to throw yourself into, you knew you'd regret not talking to him now. You might never get the chance again and the least you wanted was to find out was how he was doing now.

'Hey', you announced your presence so he at least knew you were there. He spun around on his feet rather quickly, staring at you from a distance with his eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, 'hey Zuko.'

You took a few steps closer to him, but stopped as he shook his head, running a hand over his face and mumbling to himself.

'Sorry', you started realizing you should've given him his space and left before announcing your presence, 'I'll just leave if you want me to. I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-'

'No, it's fine, Y/N. I've been wanting to see you again', he closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before opening them again and staring straight at you, 'my God, you're even more gorgeous than I remember. Or maybe it's just because I'm imagining you standing there.'

Your first instinct was to blush at his words, until they last part actually registered in your mind and you were more than willing to defend his mental health. Zuko noticed you were about to speak, 'please... don't talk. At least not until I say what's on my mind', he hesitated for a moment before quietly adding, 'I'm afraid you'll disappear.'

You nodded, watching him walk closer to you, your tongue eager to move and tell him you were really there and not going anywhere, but you also wished to listen to what he would tell you. Give him space, you told yourself.

'I'm honestly not sure what uncle will say about this. He's definitely been a great help to me, but I'm not too sure if this is what he meant when he suggested I'd talk to you or talk to the idea of you in my mind.' He paused, looking around himself like he usually would when he felt awkward or out of place before taking a deep breath and meeting your eyes as he spoke, 'I'm sorry for what happened between us. I just never wanted to be your patient. I should've been more open about this with you because it mattered for the job you were trying to do. I get that, this probably is the only chance I'll get to speak to you again and even now you're not really here, but that's okay.' He nodded, more to himself than to you really, he needed to say what was on his mind, let go of the past so he could look at the future again.

'I just really want to thank you, Y/N, for everything you've done for me', he was right in front of you now, his face so close to yours that for the first time you could really notice the little scars covering his gorgeous skin, but it were his eyes that stood out the most.

His gorgeous amber eyes shining with a newly lit fire as they stared into yours intently, raw with emotion. Your eyes fluttered closed upon the sight, your breathing shallow. Mere seconds later and you felt his breath on your lips as he whispered to you, 'you saved my life, angel.'

You didn't dare open your eyes and you didn't have to. You could feel the heat of his fingers as they gently came in contact with the skin of your cheek, his soft lips pressing down on yours as he kissed you gently, lovingly and gratefully, pouring every emotion into this moment.

Despite the initial surprise, it didn't take long for your lips to respond to his. Your body following suit as your hands came up, one holding onto his strong shoulders while the other found its way into his soft hair, messing it up more as your lips moved feverishly against one another.

All too soon the two of you had to part for air, your foreheads leaning against one another. You opened your eyes, leaning backwards to get a better look at the boy in front of you. Zuko still had his eyes closed, his brows furrowed lightly and your hand automatically found its way to gently rub the crease in an attempt to ease the tension out of it.

'Zuko, look at me', you whispered, trying to get the boy's attention, 'it's really me. I'm here.'

He shook his head at you, lightly. Not willing to believe what he was experiencing now was real. Sure, he had taken up treatment after leaving your office that day and it had changed him for the better, but never in a million years did he dare believe you were really there. Right in his arms, your lips responding to his in such a manner that it felt like his world would forever be alright.

'Yes, I am! You don't get to say all of that to me and then kiss me like that, only to deny my existence as I'm standing. Right. Here. Zuko.' You took small pauses between the last words, in an attempt to stress the meaning behind them, in a much gentler tone you continued, 'please, open your eyes and you'll see I'm right here.'

Zuko finally did and if he wasn't already so deeply in love with you in that moment, the sight in front of him only made him fall harder, 'you're really here', he muttered softly and you nodded, 'I'm not crazy?'

You giggled at this, 'you're not crazy. I'm really here and I'm not leaving you.'

'Oh my God, my angel', he breathed, half excited, half embarrassed. Only to pick you up by your waist and spin around with you in the rays of sunlight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

873 6 19
This book is going to be filled with all types of one shots! Lemons, fluff, etc... I'll be writing about different characters from different anime's...
61 2 3
Through letters from the beginnings of friendships to the ends of lifetimes, the stories of Zuko and Suki, Katara and Aang, and Toph and Sokka unrave...
251K 4.9K 30
━━ ❪ 𖠵 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 ❫ ❝𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙗𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙮❞ ** beware, early imagines are kinda cringe </3 an imagines book for chara...
760K 10.9K 52
Oneshots for different atla/Lok characters! (ongoing for smuts only)