ETHEREAL

By namelessmystery

UNEDITED |Freya Livingston| has always liked being alone it's not that nobody wanted to be her friend it's m... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Author's Note
Check out my other books
Current Cover

Chapter 15

5.4K 160 21
By namelessmystery

|Freya Livingston|

"Get out of my spot." To anyone listening Axel sounded very threatening but I saw the flash of regret in his eyes before it disappeared completely.

I had no idea why he's suddenly had a change of attitude but I was not gonna be pushed around.

When I made no movements Mr.Bonner suddenly came up to me.

"Dear I think it would be best if you move." He whispered into my ear but he did a pretty terrible job as I'm sure everyone could hear.

"Look here new girl, I get that you're new and all but this is my spot and in every classroom I have a designated spot. Since you're new I'll let you off the hook if you would just move." By now the room was eerily silent but his words were empty threats to me.

Once again I made no attempts at moving and just stared into his eyes that seemed to be hiding something since he wouldn't look at me directly.

He pushed Mr.Bonner aside as he took a deep sigh before looking deep into my eyes with a hateful expression. No matter what it looked like to other people I know he's faking it, right?

I hated how much attention we've garnered, seriously why is he doing this.

He gave one last look at me before grabbing my stuff and throwing it across the room with so much force that a loud boom echoed.

My sketchbook.

I look at my stuff on the ground and look at Axel one last time, before I ran to the front of the class and gathered all my stuff.

I almost broke down tears after I saw the state of my sketchbook. The binding has completely come off and had the book rip in half.

Before I knew it a single tear betrayed me and came down my face. I wiped it as fast as I could making sure that no more tears break free.

If he thinks I'm gonna run out of here with tears in my eye then he's absolutely wrong. I'm not the same girl I was before.

So with much difficulty I picked up all my things and picked a new spot to sit.

I could tell that no one was expecting that because they seemed to have just stared at me as if I was crazy. I myself don't even know what I'm doing I just want to prove that I'm not some weak girl they can just push around for their own entertainment.

"Well Mr.Bonner feel free to start your lesson."

The bell rang to signal the end of the third period. After the incident with Axel during second period Mr.Bonner tried to teach us about the wondrous subject of English literature.

No one paid him any mind as everyone just continued to stare at me with many indecipherable expressions. One stare in particular felt as though they were digging a hole inside my brain trying to get me to look behind me and I knew exactly whose glare that was.

After that class I instantly left giving no one a chance to stop and talk with me.

Third period, advanced mathematics was pretty uneventful well at least compared to the other ones. As the math teacher just gave us a booklet to work on to see where our skills were at. He told us to just get as much of it done as possible.

Maybe I should've taken my time since it seemed to have gathered everyone's attention when I stood up and handed it in completely finished with no wrong answers and still had 40 minutes to spare.

The teacher, Mr.Carlyle seemed to not believe it as he scanned the pages a total of 5 times. He told me to go have a seat after staring at the papers for quite some time and I used the time I had to try to piece together my sketchbook.

It was not the first time that this thing has needed fixing but this was the worst condition it's ever been in.

Finally after a lot of binding tape and some paper cuts later it looked well................it looked alright.

The class ended with no one else being able to finish the whole booklet and everyone left including me. I had no idea where I was gonna eat lunch and there's no way I'm going to the cafeteria.

After some time of walking around the second floor I found no where to stay and eat. I was about to give up and just find a spot in the cafeteria but I found a staircase that lead to the rooftop and figured that I've hit the jackpot.

The way up the stairs was really dark and the steps were also very steep but I trudged on until I reached top.

Wow, this place is amazing, why is it so hidden? I looked up as the California sun shone brightly around the whole city. I take my spot under the shade and just enjoy the fresh air, well as fresh as it gets here in Cali.

Fifth period was a spare for me so I get an extra long lunch hour which is great since I can spend more time at the rooftop and everyone's still in class when I get out of the rooftop so no one catches me which is a bonus.

I took a deep sigh as I looked back at how eventful this day has been and it's just lunch. I miss my old school where no one bothered me and I didn't bother anyone but so much has happened in such a short amount of time and it's just too much for me.

It was my fault for letting my guard down around Axel even if it was just a little. He's just like everyone else, what did I expect.

I was very close to dozing off when suddenly a loud knock came from the door. I instantly went to hide behind a shed afraid of being caught.

"Freya! Freya! Are you here?"

Luca?

What is he doing here?

"Goddammit Tyler!" He yelled in frustration.

After a couple seconds the sound of the door slamming was the only thing you could hear along with my heavy breathing.

This is for the better, I've done well alone before and I'll do well alone again.

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 115 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
91.8K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
590K 11.2K 85
After being offered the scholarship of a lifetime, Catalina Faye starts her journey at Las Flores Private School where she soon realizes that everyon...
260K 7.6K 31
Colton Adams, son of professional football player Garrett Adams, is the typical Hollywood golden boy despite being from New York. Colton lives in his...