The Quiet One

By Haven0412

Harper Talbot is a painfully shy bookstore owner in the town of Black Wood Falls. She has built a name for he... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
Epilogue

39

5.7K 325 7
By Haven0412

The entire plane ride Harper was on edge. She hated having Joseph King on the same plane as her. He was uncomfortable to be around. If Regal hadn't been with her, she would have been a complete mess. It didn't help that Joseph was sitting several rows back from them and constantly had his goons wandering the plane.

"Why couldn't he fly his own plane?" she grumbled when the seatbelts light came on and the pilot announced their descent.

"To intimidate you I bet. Do any of his goons look familiar? People you've seen in your shop?" he asked, taking her hand in his and lacing their fingers together.

"One, the guy who has limped past us twice to the bathroom. I noticed the limp in the shop. I didn't think much of him, he stayed in the story section. Richard was in the shop that day working the counter with me." Harper nodded toward the goon sitting two rows back. He was massive, with wild eyes and jet black hair.

"I'll have Anders look into him then, he is a gorilla shifter," he replied and made a mental note to call Anders and get the security footage from her store to have him look into the gorilla shifter.

"Does Richard have access to your security cameras? I want to send the footage to Anders, he has plenty of people in his employ who can do background checks," he commented and she smiled and nodded.

"I can do one better. I have all the week's worth of footage saved to my cloud. I can give Anders the day he came in when we get to the hotel," she replied and he pulled her close, kissing her forehead.

"You are amazing, when will we be able to meet with your friend?" he asked and she could tell he was antsy like her, ready to get off the plane and far away from Joseph King.

"We will be landing in five minutes," the pilot announced and Harper sighed.

"How far is the hotel from the airport?" she asked, wanting to check her phone, but knowing she needed to keep it put away.

"Twenty minutes, it is across from the convention center. What time are Julie and her boyfriend getting down here?"

"Tomorrow around the time we are allowed to start setting up our booth. They are stopping at a hotel room tonight," she answered, gripping his hand as the plane landed on the tarmac. Planes were not her favorite form of travel.

"So we have all day to ourselves?" His eyes flashed and she knew exactly what he wanted.

"Yes, but I want to do the large shopping area downtown," she remarked, waiting for the plane to stop moving. It took another twenty minutes for their plane to pull into the terminal and allow them to exit. Regal stayed her when she went to get up. Without words, he motioned with his head. Joseph King and his goons were standing.

"Let them leave first, I'd rather not speak to the man again," he whispered and she nodded, settling back in her seat. Waiting was killing her but Regal was right. They needed to let him leave the plane before they did.

"Okay let's go," he said standing and getting their carry-ons.

"We didn't check any bags so we can go straight to the rental car kiosk. I have one reserved for us to use." Regal took her hand and they walked off the plane and through the airport quickly. Harper's nerves tingled as they walked, she knew a goon was watching them.

"Don't pay them any attention. We want them to think we are ignorant of their presence. He won't have anyone touch us as long as he doesn't have the book. After our encounter with him in the terminal, I contacted a few enforcers from our clan. They've been sent to patrol the house twenty-four-seven until we return," he told her and she hugged him close.

"You think of everything."

"You are important to me. The sooner we get that book in the right hands the better." They walked up to the counter and Regal gave his name. Within ten minutes they were driving away in a two-door sports car. Harper sat back and went through everything she needed to get organized for tomorrow.

"We are here," Regal announced patting her thigh and bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Thanks for driving."

"You were quiet on our drive, everything okay?" he asked as they got out of the car and he gave the keys to the valet. She waited until they had their suitcases before answering.

"I was going over everything we need to do tomorrow, I've been to this once when I first opened the shop. Usually Julie and Heather handled it for me. I am nervous and worried my inability to talk to people will get in the way," she explained taking her bag from his hands and taking his free hand in hers.

"You will be fine. Julie and I are here to help you. This convention is for you to make more connections and sell some of your rarer books," he replied, pulling her into his side and kissing her temple.

"You always know what to say to make the nerves go away. What should we do today since we have the whole afternoon and evening?"

"I want to get my hands on you," he murmured in her ear and she giggled.

"I love you." With a huge smile, they stepped up to the check-in desk.

"Room for the last name Murphy," Regal told the clerk, she clicked away on her computer.

"You are in the presidential suite," she replied handing them two keycards. Harper looked at regal in surprise. When she had booked the hotel room months ago she'd ask for a basic room.

"I upgraded us," he replied to her silent surprise.

"We hope you enjoy your stay. Please let us know if you need anything." The clerk sent Regal a bright smile and a wink. Harper frowned and pulled Regal toward the elevators. She didn't like the clerk flirting with her fiance. Regal laughed when their eyes connected

"You are my mate, no one will tempt me away," he promised stepping into the elevator and pressing the top floor button.

"Still doesn't mean I have to like her looking at you," she grumbled causing him to laugh louder. Stepping off the elevator they walked down a short hallway to a double door entrance. Sliding the key card Regal pushed open the doors and let Harper walk through. Her breath caught as she walked into a massive suite. She could see a hot tub on the balcony through the large doors. The view of Orlando stretched out from the top of the hotel. She walked over and pushed open the doors, being January the weather wasn't freezing like back home.

"I'll put the bags in our room. Why don't you let Julie and Michael know we are here and see how their drive is going?" Regal suggested and Harper nodded. Pulling out her phone she called Julie.

"Hi, Harper!"

"Hi Julie, we are at our hotel."

"Good, we stopped for lunch and are about five hours away from our hotel for the night. We are on time."

"Glad to hear it, give me a call if anything goes wrong," she told her friend. Julie was a steady person and hated being late for anything.

"We'll be fine," Julie assured her.

"Thanks, Julie. See you tomorrow."

"Bye!" Harper hung up her phone and turned around to see Regal staring at her with lust in his eyes.

"Julie said they are on schedule," she shared and he smirked.

"Perfect, now come here so I can love you." He crooked his finger at her and she smiled. Walking over to him she peeled off her shirt tossing it to the side. His eyes flashed and she knew it was the right move.

"You look amazing," he whispered, reaching out to run a finger along her bra strap and cup. Tingles spread through her body making her shoulders shake. His hands wrap around her body pulling her flush against him. Gasping and looking up at him her eyes locked with his.

"I love you," he murmured and bent his head to capture her lips in a mind-clearing kiss. Harper wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed into his body.

"Come here," he ordered and picked her up, sliding his hands under her thighs. She wrapped her legs around his waist and let him walk them into the master bedroom of the suite. Normally she would have taken the time to admire the room, but her eyes were locked on Regal. He set her down on the bed and stepped back to remove his clothing. Harper discarded her pants and underwear leaning against the plush pillows naked and not embarrassed to be seen by her mate. Over the time they'd been together Regal made her feel more beautiful and desired daily. Regal licked his lips and crawled up the bed to her. He grabbed her by the ankles and pulled until her knees were over his shoulders. He took a deep breath and he plunged a finger into her dripping pussy. She gasped, arching her back, sliding him deeper into her until he was knuckle deep. Her body felt on fire when he added a second finger, he groaned and kissed the delicate skin on her inner thighs. It didn't take long for her body to start to tighten in the telltale sign of her orgasm coming. Regal always knew how to push her over the edge quickly.

His tongue darted out and twisted around her nub, pushing down on it. She tensed in his hands and her body jerked as an orgasm rocked her. Her vision went white and all her senses honed in on the man between her legs licking up every drop of her orgasm. He looked up at her and grinned.

"I want to pleasure you," she told him once she recovered from her orgasm.

"You don't have to," he objected and she shook her head. Sitting up she pushed on his shoulders. He caved and she smiled watching him lay back in the pillows.

She licked from his balls to the tip with the flat of her tongue, drawing out a loud moan from his lips. Bending down she took the tip into her mouth, using her tongue to tease the sensitive underside of the head. His hand settled in her hair, gripping lightly. He didn't push her down but encouraged her to take more of him into her mouth. She dipped her head up and down until the head of his cock touched the back of her throat. One hand pumped up and down on the part she couldn't get into her mouth, her other fondling his large balls.

"Harper," he groaned, tightening his grip in her hair. She sped up bobbing her head up and down, she found he liked it when she sucked in her cheeks.

"Enough," he roared, and pulled her up to smash his lips down on hers. Harper squeaked into the kiss but met his tongue, battling for dominance. Regal flipped them and slid his hard cock deep inside her waiting pussy. She moaned arching her back and meeting his chest with hers. His hands grabbed her breasts massaging them as he pounded inside of her.

"Yes," she moaned, and met him thrust for thrust, pushing him deep inside of her. He bent down and captured a nipple in his mouth. She screamed her pleasure this time, her nipples sensitive to any touch. Regal thrust in and out of her in perfect tandem to her movements but she sensed he was holding back.

"You don't have to be so gentle," she told him, his eyes caught hers and he flipped her onto her stomach not coming out of her pussy. He pushed her up onto her knees and gripped her hips tightly, his nails biting into her flesh. The new position pushed him deeper inside her and she fell forward onto her elbows. Her body tightened until she felt she would shatter.

"Regal!" she shouted his name and an orgasm so strong hit her she couldn't breathe. Her body tightened around his cock so hard it hurt. He continued to pump in and out several more times before he joined her. He fell over her, using his hands to hold himself above her. His hips jerked with his orgasm, she could feel his seed filling her, branding her.

"Harper!" he moaned holding her close as his orgasm crashed over him. Harper snuggled into his body and promptly fell asleep. 

Finally found my inspiration again. I am going to do my best to update. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 230K 42
Alyssa and Daimon's future is in deep trouble when his dead fiancée comes back to life and the alpha of the top pack, Pablo, threatens to come for th...
11.5K 463 17
This is about an Alpha wolf finding her mate then having to face challenges with leading her pack and crazy rogues roaming their territory.
24.4K 1.1K 33
🔴 NOTICE 🔴 This book is completed but I still need to do my last read-through so I can make any final changes and fix any mistakes. Expect random u...
680 46 16
Has Earned Top Ten Spots in: Shifter, Romance stories, Fated Mates, supernatural romance Finally... he released my legs allowing me to slide down his...